Having problems with Macy's?

Macy's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2006. The latest review Returned dress was posted on Mar 30, 2021. The latest complaint didn't receive free clinique gift with order as noted when I placed the order. was resolved on Sep 24, 2019. Macy's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 515 reviews. Macy's has resolved 130 complaints.

Macy's Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 289 6229 (United States)
+1 513 573 7912 (International)
+1 888 257 6757 (Credit Customer Service)
+1 888 822 6229 (Furniture and Mattress Customer Service)
+1 800 568 8865 (Wedding and Gift Registry)
685 Market St., 10th Fl.
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

Macy's Complaints & Reviews

Macy'smichael kors watch bought at macy's online defective

I purchased a MK watch thru Macys online. The band would come loose from the watch and fall off my arm. I paid $300 for the watch, you would think the quality would be better than that. Anyway, I would put it back together but after falling off the 3rd time (I was afraid of loosing or breaking the watch), I called.
They sent me to Fossell (the manufacturer and repair service). I sent it in had to pay shipping and insurance of $27, got it back in about 3 weeks and the first time I wore it to church (last Sunday) it fell off my arm again. They said notes on the repair said it was fixed and QA checked it. I said well maybe MK should use another repair service since what they sent me back was still a defective watch.

Macy's will not do anything, even tho I paid them for the watch. Fossell will only give me a credit for another MK watch (really not comfortable getting another MK watch), so I called MK in NY, they do not do refunds either. They will give me a Gift Card for another watch, which I decided to do rather than break or loose the one I've got.

I am disappointed in the customer service at Macy's, at Fossell and at MK.
Why should I have to be stuck with a $300 defective product? Just saying. I will not buy anything from Macys again, nor after I use my gift card will I buy anything MK again.

I hope all that I tell this situation to, will follow suit as well.

Sep 18, 2019

Macy's — belgique aluminum 11 piece cookware set - copper - for macy's

I purchased this expensive set of pots and pans from Macys and within 6 months, the non-stick finishes all...

Macy'smy 7 year good standing account was closed for absolutely no reason

I have had a Macy's credit card for 7 years. I never made a late payment & always had my account in good standing. I moved out of state last year and had to temporarily put myself on a budget in which I did not use my card. I found out from my credit report that Macy's had closed my account due to inactivity. What kind of customer service is this, I expected much more from this company. No phone call, no email, nothing. You just closed a good standing account for absolutely no reason! I have reported you to the BBB, and I will continue to make complaints on every format possible until you resolve this issue. Your phone representatives (all three of them) also lied to me saying that it states in the cc agreement that "your card will be cancelled if not used in two years." It does not say that, so why are they putting words in your companies mouth?

Sep 09, 2019

Macy's Inc. — unethical behavior

I'm contacting you about Macy's in Palisades, West Nyack, New York. The woman who is supposed to be...

Aug 23, 2019

Macy's — serta mattress

We spent over $2000 on a mattress that is horrific. It has sagged, lumpy, and lost all support. The middle i...

Macys Phone Bill Paypaid my bill..$100 via phone bill pay.. your company took out $1000 and I can't get it back

I paid my$100 bill on time via phone customer service bill pay ..they took $1000 out and wont give it back..they keep telling me 3-5 days to return it..called today and they said another 3-5 days for the return because no one followed through with last weeks request..Im a senior citizen on social security and my bills are late because of this incident..which will I lose first..electricity?..car?..accounts are in arrears because of this poor service..Ive been a loyal customer since 1955..no more..will tell anyone who wants to hear about the "loyal customer service"..Im 70 years old and this is the worst that I have EVER! been treated

• Updated by gatuchi · Aug 19, 2019

still nothing from the $900 macys took from my bank account without my permission

Aug 11, 2019

Macy's — Unethical behavior among sales associate

On Wednesday, July 31st I went shopping on my lunch break to find a Michael Kors dress that I saw the night...

Aug 07, 2019

Macy's — leggings

I just spent $40. on 2 pair of leggings that I had to throw in the trash. Macy's seems to be selling inferior...

Aug 06, 2019

Macy's — macy’s backstage

I'm contacting you guys about Macy's BACKSTAGE which is very unprofessional everytime I come in there all the...

Aug 02, 2019

Macy's — michael kors wallet

I purchase a wallet from Macys In Dec 2018. A couple of days ago I was zipping my wallet and the zipper...

Jul 26, 2019

Macy's — brandon women shoe associate

Associate was very rude started making verbal Threats On me Had both fist bolded up cussing was Waiting for...

Macy'scredit reporting

Have had a Macy's/American Express card since 2011. Never late on payment except once - I did not receive statement by email or US Post Office. Macy's called, waived late fees, I paid entire balance by phone. They assured me all was ok, no problem. I now find, in the process of qualifying for a home loan, that there is now a negative on my credit report from Macy's over the $40 I paid. I have called Macy's twice, they say they cannot remove. I have now had to file disputes with TransUnion, Equifax & Experian. This one

blemish on an otherwise perfect credit reporting had dropped my credit score from 803 to 733. I may now not qualify for my home loan - over $40 that was paid in full as soon as I was aware.

Have only received ads by email, no statements

Macy'smattress

I recently bought a mattress from macy's, costed 3000 dollars.
          When I looked into it, stiches were off in the one of circled shape hole on the top of the mattress. And when I layed down on the mattress, it was sort of sag. I first thought, its a new mattress so the cushion need some time to adjust? But using this for a week, i can totally feel that the part my body is touching is sort of sink. So now, i have a feeling that I received a mattress that someone might of returned?!?!?
          Because other than those part cushion is totally fine.
          After read through all these complains that are people posted, I have a feeling that I will have hard time to have new mattress from macy's?!?!? Can someone help me with some tips that I can have new mattress!?!? I will have an inspector coming this Saturday for the stitch issue, so i am planning to tell this inspector about it, or should i let customer service first? Or sales person?

Macy'sinterest rip off

I bought a pillow for 28$. I was 4 days late and was charged a late payment fee. I called up and was told that my fee was waived, balance 0 . now I got a bill again for 69$ because I didn't pay the waived fee. I called again and Macy's insists that I pay 27$.
            Clearly a rip off, I sent you now a 27$ check AND CANCEL MACY'S CREDIT CARD.
            ACCOUNT NR [protected]
            very unhappy
            Ralf Rumpler

Macy'scredit card

Good afternoon,

My name is Michelle Herman. I have never been late with any payments, I had a 33.00 bill that I paid over the phone as I have always done. I hung up believing I paid. I received a bill that I owed 68 dollars which included a 30 dollar fee on the 33.oo. I immediately paid it on line to have confirmation in hand. I then started getting phone calls from the credit card collection agency. I received over 30 calls in 24 hours after I paid the bill. There response was ok it was paid. I am concerned about the fee, but also that a collection agency is calling so often for a 30.00 bill.

Michelle Herman
              1015 Biltmore Drive
              Elgin IL 60120
              [protected]

Macy’scredit card protection plan

I've had a Macy's card since 2009. In the past 10 years, i've never made a late payment and have made my bills.

Recently, my business has suffered some challenging moments and I called in to see if I can get 2-3 months of a hardship program.

Macy's customer service told me I had a "protection plan" on my credit card and needed to call them directly. I was unaware I even had this plan.

I called them to find out my options. After speaking to the representative, she advised I needed to fill out paperwork and send through the mail so they can review the case. This would take a few weeks to process and the first credit card company to handle the process this way.

I asked the representative what is this "credit protection" I have anyway. She advised it protects against fraud and charges 1 cent to the dollar. I now realized for all the years I have been unwilling been charged between $20-$40 a month for 10 years and they've offered ZERO protection to the 1 time I needed it. I feel completely robbed of thousands of dollars as I never read the fine print of this offer 10 years ago.

Macy'scharter club room men's dress shirt

We bought two Club Room dress shirts to go with the suits we also purchased at Macy's, and I washed them because they were stiff, and I ironed them, and our house cleaner ironed them, and even after all that, they were unwearable after being packed. My husband had rewear a Michael Kors shirt that he had brought, which looked great, but still...
                  I brought these two shirts back to the store, and they said they don't accept returns that cannot be resold. I said what about people who were dissatisfied? And she said I had to reach out Charter Club.
                  Here's the text that my husband sent me from his hotel room saying he couldn't wear the shirts, and the receipt.
                  Mary Lou Keller

charter club room men's dress shirt
                  charter club room men's dress shirt

Jul 01, 2019

Macy's — customer service/customer accounts

As of 6/30/2019 I HAD a Macys account and a Macys card for several years. I also only have ONE Macys account...

Macy'sas a company

I just found out that Macy's donates to Planned Parenthood. I have been spreading the word about this to others that shop at Macy's to boycott or no longer patronize Macy's. The fact that Macy's would support the killing of the unborn, taints your store like a junkyard. Quality: O. There are plenty of other places to shop.
                    It's disgusting. And Macy's is supposed to be a higher end store. Over 50% of the U.S. population does not support abortion!!!

Macy'smattress delivery

Ref. order #[protected]
                      Sales check # [protected]

My building has a policy that when we order items for delivery in to the building that we must obtain a copy of the Certificate of Liability Insurance and provide it to them. I have requested Macy's Customer Service for the CLI immediately after placing the order and called them numerous times but to no avail. The reason for my calling was that the building has a rule that we must provide the certificate 3 days before the delivery. I have specifically requested that they must copy me any email that they are sending and technically it is my responsibility to provide the necessary paperwork to the management. My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow (06/14) and I called [protected] and spoke with an agent named Linette. After checking with someone she insisted that they are unable to copy me the CLI and they can only send it to the building. I am very disappointed and will never ever order anything from Macy's from home delivery. This policy is not acceptable.