Having problems with Macy's?

+1 800 289 6229 (United States)
+1 513 573 7912 (International)
+1 888 257 6757 (Credit Customer Service)
+1 888 822 6229 (Furniture and Mattress Customer Service)
+1 800 568 8865 (Wedding and Gift Registry)
685 Market St., 10th Fl.
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

Complaints & Reviews

miniumn balance went up without my knowledge

I've been a Macy's customer for a long time. I think I got my card in 2007 or 2008. I've paid my bill with their billing company check free for years. It pays the minimum balance on time every month. Sometimes I change it to more than the minimum but I've never had a problem, until now. Recently my back account was compromised so I had to get a new checking account. I updated my check free and presumed it would continue on. I was wrong. Check free did not pay my november bill on time or my december bill. Macy's charged me a late fee. I figured this out when I was getting called by their collection agency. I called them and got their line in India. All the girl would say was "Oh I am sorry. We are just the reciever of the bill." She was no help. I asked to be transferred to check free. They were more helpful. The guy said that when you make a change it takes a cycle to catch up to itself. I didn't know this at all. So I called Macy's today and told them what happened and asked them to remove the late charges. She did, reluctantly. Then she said did you know your minimum balance went up. And I said no I had no idea. I've asked you people for paper statements for years and never have gotten one.
Then she said it went up to 25.00. I said my November bill says 5.00. She said no it's 25. I said I'm looking at the bill and it's 5.00 and I paid that bill after I realized check free wasn't paying my bills.
She argued with me and I said do you want me to email you the bill. Then she said well in December it's 25.00. would you like to make a payment. I said fine. She said it's 30.00 for November and December. I said why am I paying November's bill when it's already been paid. She said that's interest. I said from where. the bill was paid and the minimum payment is 25.00. She said well If you do not pay the 30.00 the collectors will continue to call you for a past due. Eventually I told her forget it. Pay the 30.00 and send me a final bill and cancel my account. She made no effort to explain it to me or to try to save me as a customer. She was rude and argumentary and it was the worst customer service I've ever delt with. Obviously Macy's could give a crap about their customers.

black friday

Macy's had a full-page color ad with their infamous $10 off $25 purchase coupon for Black Friday. I did...

missed payment

We haven't missed a payment on a credit card in years - somehow a paperless statement from Macy's got missed and we missed a payment. The very next month before we were aware of the missed payment, and before we could make the back missed payment, Macy's sent us to collection. As we are just refinancing our house, this lowered one of our credit scores over 50 points, and will cost us over $30, 000 dollars for the life of the loan. Macy's refuses to fix our credit account, and the bad thing is it made us so mad we cancelled our Macy's account - I'm sure that will further screw our credit score. Macy's is now a four letter word in our household. Don't get a Macy's credit card - it can come back to haunt you, as the 10% saved by opening the account can cost you big time in the end. Macy's Christmas spirit is bah humbug

• Aj
    ajalberg Dec 07, 2010

Well I guess you are a very organized person - I use major credit card to pay for most all of my purchases and have a very simple pay plan - just pay the credit card bill. Our mistake is that Macy's opened 5 different credit cards for me and my wife - with five different numbers at five different stores. We have now cancelled all our little retail store cards as they don't provide the real time service that our American Express, Visa does - I have never ever had a problem with American Express or Visa - they are there for me and help me deal with minor problems as they arise. They also alert me to a potential problem Maybe you don't have any money, and don't have but two bills a month.I have also never gotten unemployment and have been self employed since I was 5 years old, so I am not an idiot about money. Sorry if I trash your beloved Macy's, but I have been making every payment on time for over 30 years - By the way, do you keep gas mileage on your car? Because if you know every bill you owe each month, you must know your mileage down to the tenth of a mile, and I quit figuring mileage in 1990

• Ld
    ldarmo Dec 18, 2010

I am having the same exact experience! I never realized I had more than one account with them! Here is a copy of a letter I wrote to them today. We are about to either refinance or purchase a new home, and I have excellent credit. Don't need Macy's messing me up.

To Macy's:
    I have had a terrible experience with my Macy's American Express, and am prepared to cancel all of my Macy's accounts. I received a call today informing me that my account is over 60 days past due and that I have been reported to a credit bureau. I was not aware that I was behind.

1) I was not aware I have two accounts, store and AmEx - I never knowingly signed up for an extra account!
    2) I have not received bills for the AmEx and did not know I was two months overdue. I made a payment last month on a Macy's account, so thought I was good.
    3) I received a call that because I am overdue, I am being reported to a credit agency. I was not notified prior to this that there was an outstanding balance. Why was I not contacted earlier by phone or email? I did not deliberately maintain an overdue balance.

I have spent thousands of dollars at Macy's in the last several months. You used to be my department store of choice. I just attempted to pay the full balance of the AmEx online. I will call the credit department and cancel all my accounts once balances are registered as zero. I do not need this threat to my excellent credit rating, and expected to be treated better, as a loyal Macy's customer. If any accounts were overdue it was because of the very confusing Macy's financial dealings. I am very very disappointed. I would like to be contacted to be assured that my credit rating will not be affected and that any late fees are credited. Please contact me, at least initially, by email. I have wasted entirely too much time on the phone on my weekend.

Resolved approving a credit card with a fraud alert

On Nov 16 2010 I received a call from Macys that someone called to increase my credit limit on my credit card and it did not make sense to Macys since had not used my card in several years. They marked the account as fraud and put it on hold.

On Nov 23 unknow to me Macys reopened the card to the identiy theif and lifted the fraud alert with out calling me and gave the woman the charge number. I ask myself why would you do that Macy's don't you think if you already know it is FRAUD why would you give her the number...She then charged $1, 100 over the next several days at several different Macy's, even going in to exchange her purchases to get just the right gifts for her family...maybe even gift wrapped...bring with her a fake license that did not match my application to stores that were 100 miles from my home...still no call to my house...

I have had life lock for 4 year and by now I have had a fraud alert at the credit beurau for several days...but still Macys could not figure this out...

The kicker...I get a call on 11/26 from Macys to see if I will approve opening up a credit card...I said to the man...my card is on a fraud alert on hold...why would I want to open a new card...why are you calling me...did you not see from my social security number whick the criminal has given you that I have a account on hold...and that is when it hit me...I said did she finish charging up my account and now wants a new one...and they said Oh, yes ...you...meaning the real me just went to Miami, Floriada and spent several days buying clothing...and I said no you Macy's just gave away $1, 150 of merchandise...I had nothing to do with this...

Macys...says they can not do anything because they can't figure out what was stolen yet...their computers could not figure it out...their employees had to have their nice weekends with their familes...while I had to work the phones calling police agencies...yes, I must file 4 different police reports because she went to several different stores...but Macys said this was no big deal...and they can't do anything about it, it was not their fault...they did everything right...

Please close all of your store credit cards...and get life lock...
I have learned my lesson...please don't be like me...because guess what...next they went to Home Depto...same thing...account closed...they reopened it and got the number from the desk...Home Depto stopped them at $2, 000 but that is another 3 police reports...

And now I have to worry about who they will try to scam next...

I pray everyone will listen to me...I pray that my misfourtune will be a lesson to all...these scam people went to Peir one, Kohls and so far they were stopped...if you don't have credit at a store and you have life lock it will stop them but if you do have credit at a store...with fake Id and you social security # they can get in...

I believe my Id was stolen at the doctors or hospital when I went to Miami or where I live...

Lastly, to the first Macys person who alerted me to the fraud...you were wonderful...to the few who really held my hand I thank you...to the fool who did not call me when the fraud alert was on my account and the scamers were reopening my account and then charging 100 miles from my house with a drivers license that did not match my application...I hope they get you someday so you learn what this is like because only then will you not be so ready to lift a fraud alert...what were you thing...are you fools...or just stupid!

Good luck

Resolved terrible customer service

I tried to purchase four pairs of shoes over the phone. I called Macy's Herald Square store because I...

Resolved ridiculous on-line bill pay

Macy's credit cards and the so-called customer service reps that work there are worthless! I tried to...

Resolved false report to credit bureau

When checking my credit report, I found I had one "negative account status". you guessed it macy's. here is what my credit report dated 10/19.2010 states. (take note of the dates)
date reported 10/2010;
date of last payment 10/2010
Balance $210
Are you ready for this? I have the bill in my hand. it is dated october 28, 2010 and the payment due date is november 28, 2010.
How can this be overdue and why did macy's report this to the credit bureau? here is the killer-I have been a macy's charge customer since 1968 (not a typo) and never a credit problem with them... time to close it. can anyone explain why macy's is doing this? do they do this to everyone before the bill is due?

• SKOR Dec 11, 2012

If it was reported on 10/2010 then it was based on a previous bill - you need to go backwards starting from September, not your October invoice.
    If it was a legitimate mistake by Macy's, they can remove it from your file at the credit bureau.

harrasting phone calls

I owed $75 to Macy's on a revolving account that was due 10/4. I received a series of phone calls beginning around 10/8 that became daily until 10/18 about this past due bill. I could not understand the persons calling, nor could my husband when he took the call. Federal law requires a meaningful disclosure from the debt collector which I was not given, because the person spoke little English. I considered the calls harassing when I had never received so much as a 30-day late notice. This pro-active debt collection practice using staff who cannot speak Enlish puts Macy's at risk of violating federal debt collection practices.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 12, 2010

I assume if you pay off your debt then the calls should stop.

• Qu
    QuitMacys Jan 01, 2011

I always pay my credit card debt in full and on time. I have a long standing relationship with Macy's as a customer with an exemplary record. I received a harassing phone call from Macy's today (New Year's Day) because I was a few days late on a $20 bill. I never received the bill, but I understand that out of the many bills I pay every year, one can get away. The representative was very assertive and pressured me to pay the bill over the phone. I canceled my Macy's account and paid the bill on-line. I am very disappointed with Macy's aggressive pursuit of debtor, even when the debt is minor and the customers has an outstanding record.

Resolved do not use online pay service

Do not use Macy's online bill pay! They say you can pay no more than the amount of your bill - however the number is re-entered from the online system. Instead of being charged $69.84 the amount they charged my bank was $69, 384.00!

I had my bank stop payment and then called Macy's. They apologized and promised I would be charged no late fees, a paper bill would be right in the mail, and my account would be closed. A few days later I got a second overdraft notice from my bank - after the error was identified Macy's attempted to process the payment a 2nd time! At this point I spoke to a manager who told me this was all my fault! Regardless of me identifying the error he said it was their process to run the charges twice. He was rude and completely dismissed any concerns I had about them sending me to collections.

It is now a month later - I called Macy's AGAIN because no bill had been received. Found that not only did I have a fee for a returned check but my account was open and no bills were being sent. At this point the bank fees and Macy's fees are more than the original bill!

The woman on the phone actually had to ask why I was closing the account. I will never shop at Macy's again.

• Mi
    MikeAshely Mar 30, 2011

I concur, Macy's credit card service is horrible. There was a discrepancy between Macy's and mycheckfree.com on what my balance is. I called Macys and they told me i had a balance of zero and that I don't owe anything. Yet mycheckfree kept on sending me debt letters in which they also told me I don't have a balance. After a month of receiving multiple letters I contacted Macys and asked why I kept getting these letters only to find out I have a balance with late fees.. The manager I spoke with blame me for not paying hte bills. They have the worst service ever. This will be my last time shopping with MAcys via the credit card service.

anonymous collectior 2014 Feb 24, 2014

I respectfully disagree and customers need to take responsibilities for their actions. Why are you blaming Macy's when it's your fault? You made the decision to use mycheckfree. Mycheckfree is a payment services company that Macy's contracted with until they had their website setup.

• Ki
    Kimberly Green Rae Sep 24, 2018

Mycheckfree just failed to make 2 payments. It has been turned into my credit report already. I have used this service for over 15 years and Macy’s nor Mycheckfree will admit guilt and will not correct it. Macy’s has lost a customer.

warranty scam

10/14/10

My Wife and I purchased a sofa and Love-seat in 2007 from Macy's furniture in Schaumburg, Chicago. We were told by the sales person Evelyn Chua that the extended warranty we purchased would cover all pen/pencil/marker stains & tears etc. So we paid for the extended warranty and was given the impression that the 7 year warranty would cover everything. We were told that if the salesperson was in our place she would buy the extended warranty. We were not told of any other limitations that the warranty would be void under else we would not have purchased it if we knew that multi-colored stains are not covered. Now after 3 years when 7-8 days ago, my 2 year old got hold of some markers and pens and scribbled over the sofa and love-seat and when we called macy's customer service who forwarded us to worry-no-more/Uniters, they denied our claim saying multi-colored marks are not covered under the warranty. They told us that the terms and conditions document mentioned not covering multi-colored stains. The terms and conditions document was not given to us not along with the sales receipt but at the end of the transaction inside a box what the salesperson casually said was a complimentary kit which we really did not need for 3 years and not that it contained important information about the terms and conditions. On calling Uniters, they made it as difficult as possible for us to register the complaint. We were given the run-around between Uniters customer service and their supervisors. Macy's washed their hands off the whole issue saying the matter is between me and Uniters when in fact we not not told that the extended warranty was from a third party at the time of purchasing it. We were made to run from pillar to post between macy's and Uniters. I feel like, macy's and Uniters have through smooth sales talk sold us something that has caused us extreme inconvenience and financial loss. When I went online to post a complaint I saw many similar stories against Uniters and Macy's push to sell these warranties without appropriately informing customers.

sjacob Oct 14, 2010

Yeah...Sorry bout that...It's how I refer to my old residence sometimes...I'm talking about the macy's furniture gallery( next to Woodfield mall ) off golf rd, Schaumburg.

sjacob Oct 14, 2010

@maggie, you're correct. But we were handed a cleaning kit which we were told was complimentary and that's it. We were not told there were terms and conditions documents inside specific to the warranty.
    We've never needed the kit, cause we've always maintained our sofa and love seat well.
    And that's where it stayed and the kit got misplaced during my move from schaumburg.
    On the other hand all the other documents were were handed over was filed(sales reciept, brochures, even the salesperson's business card). Also consider this, we were told all marks/tears, etc would be covered, but shouldn't we have been told it would only be BLUE color and no other color. I think if nothing else, atleast that point deserves some mentioning.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 14, 2010

Most warranties cover accidental markings only, like spills and single marks.

sjacob Oct 14, 2010

@TheLoveFist II - I figured you're a joke and to be ignored, and Oh I confirmed it after I read these..

Stop smokin all that weed you arrogant jackass.

belgique cookware "don't get burned"

Twenty some years ago I got a set of Belgique cookware for my wedding. Recently I thought I'd treat...

jewelry fraud

The article is about a lawsuit filed against Macys, alleging that Macys knowingly sold ruby jewelry as genuine gemstones when in fact they were not genuine rubies. Macys was required to inform customers about how the rubies were created but in many cases failed to do so, duping many customers into purchasing jewelry that did not meet gemological standards or were defective. Macys denied any wrongdoing and continued to sell the products. This shows you what they really think of your intelligence.

• Ru
    rustamny Nov 24, 2010

Very poor customer service!Very ulpleasant store expirience!I visited the Herald Square Branch in New York City-the biggest Macy's store in the world and here they managed to mess up.We tried to purchase a pair of diamond earrings and personally witnessed the fraud that Macy's performs on their customers. First the sales person named Anita Frazier was nice and even gave us her business card.She processed the payment and we were ready to take the bag and leave when my brother asked to check the stones with the testor.Three stones on one of the earrings were allright, however thr fourth one was fake.She asked another representative to recheck it and it was the same.Then they blamed the testor and we insisted on changing the testor and checking the stone on another one-same result.Her hands become shaking for some reason and she got really nervous.Then we called for a manager named Sonia, who wasn't much of a help either-she just acted indifferently and said that she cannot do anything except cancel a transaction, which we already insisted upon ourselves. After the sales person cancelled the transaction, for some reaosn she asked back the business card that we got from her when we walked in, however we refused to return it.The bottom line IS: MACY'S SELLS FAKE JEWELRY. They wouldn't even apologize for what happened-both the sales representative, or as she calles herself-"Diamond selling specialist" and the manager.Will never buy from them anymore and already told 17 of my friends and colleages about the incident and will continue to spread the information in order to help people avoid being scammed by Macy's. Right after that we went to the store on the opposite street (we don't mention the name as it is not an advertisement), but they gave us 100% real product for a lesser price with lifetime warranty and all other inclusive services, which are also free of charge. Now think about it: how does Macy's have an opportunity to give you all those 80% off Jewelry discounts-it's simple-THEY SELL YOU FAKE.Hope this information will reach those who need it.

• Sh
    sherry913 Apr 04, 2016

I purchased some gold hoop earrings for "an incredible price". I noticed that one had a seem on the inside and was told they are all different? I asked even within a pair? I kept them and later the clasp broke. When I took them to get repaired by an independent jeweler I was shown these earrings had a plastic tubing on the inside and could clearly see the the tin foil thickness of the gold around it. I am taking them in there tomorrow to see what they offer, if things do not go well I am going to push the issue as much as possible. I paid $300 for some earrings that of not have enough gold on them to melt and repair the smallest part of the whole earring.

Resolved calls from india sourced service

I kept receiving calls from [protected] 4 and 5 times a day. When I would answer, there was NEVER anyone on the line. So, I stopped answering and tried calling them back. Always a recording and never an answer. Today I finally reached someone to find out it was Macy's trying to reach me.

It is RIDICULOUS the number of times they called and had no one on the line. Every day of the week.

I finally called the 800 number listed on the Macy's website and was connected to a call center in India again.

I am TIRED of Macy's and the way they are treating a former Marshall Fields customer of 20 years. They do NOT even begin to compare to Marshall Fields and need to learn how true customer service is handled.

• Mu
    Murth Oct 24, 2010

I have been receiving calls from Macy's credit service located in India.I have been getting a number of calls a day and on Sunday they called me at 8:45 in the morning.When I told the customer Rep that this was unacceptable they said it was their work time.I have been trying to straighten this problem out for over a month.the bill was paid and I faxed a copy of the check and also sent them a copy in a letter and I still have not been able to get this matter cleared up.I've had it with Macy's.

• Ro
    Robert22 Jun 07, 2011

The Macy's credit services department withdrew their decision to honor what they promised in the last minuted, thus impacting my credit adversely.
    I was promised that if I spent more than $400 dollars on my card, my late payment mark on my credit report would be removed as a courtesy. The whole reason behind being late was that their email notification system does not specifically say whether you are late or not; it's very confusing to the consumer.
    Long story short, after spending the $400 on my card and paying it off, I called them back and they bluntly told me in my face that they would not honor what they promised!!!
    I am going to contact Better Business Bureau, other consumer agencies as well as blogs and credit reporting agencies to let them know how deceptive/misleading and dishonest the Macy's credit services department really is.
    Please join me in sending your complaint to bbb.org.
    We need to let the CEO know that we are not to be taken advantage of. We have power.

delivery/customer service

I have experienced horrid customer service from Macy’s. I purchased a $1, 450 mattress set from the Washington Square, Tigard, OR location and was told it would be manufactured for me and was scheduled a delivery date and time. Two weeks later when the delivery truck arrived to my home on Sep. 9, the driver said his truck was too big to go up the steep driveway to my condo so they left without delivering my mattress. They refused to walk the mattress up the driveway. One month later I am still getting the run around about delivery. I still have not received my bed, and my delivery date (somehow by someone with a pickup truck through the furniture store) has been changed three times. I will have to take more time off work (for the second time) to meet the delivery people. I was told my second Saturday delivery date (9/25) was too busy for a pick-up truck delivery to my home and there were other customers to deliver to, since there had been so many mattress sales due to the Labor Day sale(!) I purchased my mattress on August 28. The sales people on the phone (John and Donna) have been incredibly rude and unhelpful. They told me Oregon doesn't have smaller trucks for Macy's to use and that I would have to hire my own delivery service and pay for it! I live in metro Portland, less than a mile from downtown. Currently, I am supposed to have my mattress delivered by pick-up truck sometime on Tuesday, Sep. 28, in which I will have to take more time off work. I was also reminded by the salesperson Donna that this was free delivery and that this would be the second time the delivery company would be sent out to me. She then apologized for being argumentative, but provided no additional help, simply telling me she wished she could wave her magic wand. This has been the most unpleasant shopping experience I have ever had and I will never shop at Macy's or recommend them to anyone ever again!

unethical tactics

I've been a Macy's cardholder since 2007 and as far as I can see, I've never made a late payment with them. About a year ago, they bumped my credit card limit to $6500 with a $17.9% interest rate. I was finishing up college and I was running low on money, so I began using my credit cards. By the time I finally graduated college, I ran up my credit utilization over the 90% limit (around $12, 000 total). I found myself a job in early August and began paying off my cards. At this time, Macy's dropped my credit limit to the remaining balance on the card (around $5300) and began charging me an APR of 24.9% due to "outside credit information" (ie credit utilization), even though I've NEVER been late in payments with them or any of my other cards for that matter. I made my first payment on the card of $800, and watched my credit limit drop back down to the balance of the card within a few weeks and without any notice.

I gave them a call a few weeks ago, and after a long conversation the representative found that Macy's was going refuse to renew my card at the end of its expiration date & close the account, in spite of always making timely payments on all of my cards. Explaining to the representative that I am finally working and would have all my debt paid in several months was not enough. I was forced to close my card on my own prerogative because it would otherwise state on my credit report "Closed at the Creditors Request". As of today, my credit report reflects that my high balance on the card is $5300 & the limit is $4500, which will clearly hurt my credit score in the future, appearing as if I must've missed many payments on an overlimit account. I requested from the lenders to close the account, indicating a credit limit of $6500, because otherwise it would be unfair to reflect my past high balance with a much higher limit. They refused, claiming I was asking them to do something fraudulent.

At the end of the day, I'm left with a closed out card with a 24% interest rate on a balance that is to be paid off, a credit score that will look sore for some time, and a disgruntled taste in my mouth about how Macy's lenders proved they will play with your interest and limits at any given day, despite never missing any payments.

Resolved recruitment process

I would like to share my recent interview experience at Macy's. This was at the West Valley Mally for the opening of the new branch in Tracy, California. I had applied for the position of Administrative Associate. I am a graduate with experience and had all the necessary skills outlined for this position.

Moreover, I was later sent an email inviting me for an interview. I went for the interview at Tracy Recruiting Center for Macy's and was interviewed by a person named Roya whom I believed was from the HR Department. She asked me questions based on the above-mentioned position. I myself have also worked in the Human Resources Dept of a multi-national organization as a Training and Development Manager, therefore the process was easy for me. At this moment the interviewer seemed very impressed with my interview and advised me should you qualify for the position, I will call you for second interview.

And I was called for the second interview. This time a person by the name Michael Montanino called for a second interview. At this time I was expecting someone from HR, like Roya to call. Nevertheless, I was so excited with my understanding of a second interview and with the confirmation of Roya that they will call should I qualify. I believed they will confirm me and discuss the working hours, site visitation etc. So when I went for second interview, I was interviewed by another person named Michael. He started his interview for a different position altogether. I was not informed prior that this second interview is not a follow-up of your first interview but for a different job altogether. However, all this while I was assuming this second interview would be for the exact position I had applied for. And rightfully that is how it should have been. I personally have experience with hundreds of interviews where we professionally organized the details of the short-listed candidates before calling them. I sensed and noted, these staff did not properly discuss prior to calling and interviewing candidates. Michael mentioned to me that the Admin Associate job has been filled and he would like to offer me something different. I was glad with the offer. He mentioned this was something of a Team Lead position. He thoroughly discussed my Resume and went over it and even mentioned to me "You belong here, you have got great organizational skills - this is what we are looking for and you are it". So he said, he is going to confirm the position right now since this was my second interview and he also mentioned there is no need for a third day. Let me confirm this right away.

Furthermore, he stated he needed to discuss few details about the job to his fellow collegue - someone by the name Gaibe. By end of the second interview with Michael, he had confirmed me a position even though a different one. At this point I was told I will have a third interview with Gaibe now. So this third person comes up and starts his interview session with me. He also went over my Resume and asked questions based on my prior work experiences. He also stated I had great skills and a good match for our team. By now judging by the organizational and leadership skills of Michael and Gaibe I told myself these two cannot be from Human Resources and they seemed to have little to no knowledge of hiring /recruiting process. I felt embarrased being passed from Roya to Michael then to Gaibe - 3 interviews with nothing solid yet. Now Gaibe started discussing with me commission based and on-call part time positions with very short hours and few days off as if to shoo me away! The point to note is where all this started from and where it has ended. By now I was so depressed. This seemed totally disorganized esp.on the part of the HR team - I am sure Roya could have done a better job. This is not just any company - this is Macy's and its reputation these staff are putting at stake. Gaibe finished his interview and advised me he would give me a call on Tuesday 7th September. Later as Gaibe was done, Michael comes along and tells me sorry but the position he was offering me was not available anymore while just few moments ago he was confirming me for the position. And I could not even understand the purpose of third interview with Gaibe. He was discussing things which was not of my interest.

I just could not get what was going on with these three staff passing me around and with three totally different perspectives. This was an indication the 3 staff didnt properly sit together and discuss or review the points before interviewing. Very dis-organized and un-professional. Made me feel like an idiot. Michael and Gaibe work under the same roof, how could Michael confirm me for a position and later same day tell me the job is not available. Seems like a communication break-down between staff. They were discussing my organizational skills - I wonder what level is theirs. So the final say after the third interview by Gaibe was that they will call me on Tuesday 7th Sept.

My first interview with Roya was on 26th August, the second and third with Michael and Gaibe was on 3rd Sept. Now Michael had confirmed me for a position then later decided to take it away saying nothing is available while Gaibe decides to give me a call on Tuesday 7th Sept and through all these process there was no word from Roya whatever happended to the first interview deal where she advised me they will call for a second interivew if I qualify for the postion of Admin Associate - the position I was interested in and applied for.

By now I was psychologically down and depressed with what these three staff of Macy's had done to me. With my experience of HR we had never treated our candidates like this in such an unprofessional and totally disorganized manner. So I came back home heavy-heartedly. I could not sleep the night so I decided to go back to the recruiting centre in Tracy and share my thoughts with Roya. I went the next day Saturday 4th Sept however, Roya was not around so I shared my concern with Michael since he was the one who called me for second interview. I explained all the above from my perspective and he realized and agreed they had done wrong. He accepted their mistake in the presence of my father and few other interivew candidates. He even apologized to me. At this point he did accept that they were at fault and promised me he will discuss this with Roya again and get back to me. Now he went on to say they might re-think about the Admin Associate position as it was still not filled while a day before he told me the position was filled. He also went on to mention he would consider me for a position from his department but they will definitely work something out as they were at fault. When I stated to him of the interview with Gaibe and the kind of options he started giving me, Michael stated he didnt send me to him for discussions on on-call position and commission based position. Then I wonder whatever the third interview was for. To my surprise Michael even mentioned Gaibe is in no position to interivew candidates like me. This made me wonder how qualified are these staff themselves esp. who are involved in recruiting and hiring. I told Michael you three should have instead prepared your questions and interviewed as a panel and he even agreed with me. I told him if you agree then why didnt you all did that at the first place. All he could say was sorry and they were at fault. He again made a promise that this matter will be discussed with Roya and they will defineltely call me on Tuesday 7th Sept. Meanwhile, he gave me his cell phone number [protected] and his personal email (not with company domian) [protected]@yahoo.com and told me I could call him whenever I wanted and email him whenever as he checked his email about 25 or more times a day. This again made my wonder since this was not companys email the staff are logged onto the interntet to check their personal emails so many times a day.

On 7th Sept, however, noone called but sent an email they didnt have any oppotunity for me.Very interesting. Calling me for first interview, then second interivew, then third, then confirming another position and deciding to take it away and then the email - final blow!

My concern is not that I didnt get the job, what I am concerned is what all is going on in there.I thought Macy's was an Equal Opportunity Employer. When Michael discussed with Gaibe about the position he wanted to confirm me for and later after discussing he decides the jobs in no longer available made me feel was the job reserved for someone else? Was I discriminated? Too many questions are being raised into my mind after the experience with Macy's staff Roya, Michael and Gaibe. I have trained people like Gaibe and Michael. My opinion is such people should not be assigned to recruit.

• Lo
    Lorielle Oct 24, 2010

I had a similar experience 2 days ago although I did not go through more than one interview. I applied for an admin position. Filled out the application on line along with my resume. Answered the very long questionaire and was sent an email to schedule an interview for that postion. When I went to the interview I was only asked 2 or 3 questions about sales. Nothing to do with the admin position. I inquired about the hours of the admin job and the interviewer who never introduced herself so I dont even know her name said that the position had been filled. I just looked at her for a second not saying anything because I was shocked as to why that would not have been mentioned before I went or at least at the start of the interview. She then said that they still had to interview me because it was scheduled. What?? Then she said she was interviewing me for a recruiting job. I never saw any advertisement for a recruiting job. After her 3 questions, she left the room for about 5-10 minutes and then came back and said, ok we will keep your application on file. The interview lasted 5 minutes and 2 days later I received an email saying thank you for applying but we selected someone else whose background and skills were a better match for the admin position. What happened to the recruiting job? This seems like a scam. This was a total waste of my time including the whole online questionnaire that I had to fill out. I will be contacting the CEO Terry Lundgren as I feel this is extremely unprofessional and very misleading to candidates. It is hard enough to be looking for a job. You would hope that the job you are interviewing for would still be available before you get to the interview. What a scam.

• Op
    Open ninja Jan 02, 2011

Although I did not have the same problem as you two I do find their hiring process messy. When I went for my interview I had to wait more than half an hour for a manager to become available to interview me. Come' on I was scheduled its not like I randomly appeared there for it. When asked for my availability hrs I told her I was available to work nights because I had school in the morning yet they put me in a team that only works in the morning. Thankfully I got that fixed so I didn't have to quit nor move from the department. They also messed up my personal information so in their In-Site (where you check your schedule and pay) I forgot my password so I decide to hit the "Forgot password" link. If I remember accurately they ask for the last 4#'s of your social, your mother's maiden name and your zip code. They messed up in one of those so I had to go to hr to get it fixed. Which was another pain.

• Im
    Importscenes Jul 31, 2013

Macys is a joke to apply at, I wasted time, money and energy on a worthless interview. I applied for a sales job that was already filled and I was not told till I was an the interview. I was told they would pass on my resume to another manager in another department. Yea right what a waste of time, I will never apply there again and will not recommend that place to anyone for work. Unprofessional

scam

Hi Everybody!!

I used to be a regular customer at Macy's until last week. I am a student, and had an upcoming job interview. I had the 20% off coupons from Macys that were to to me by mail, and had clear instructions that stated that these coupons can be used on sale and clearance items. The exclusions were few brands like Armani, Louis Vitton, but the card did not explicitly mention that the savings coupon did not cover Anne Klein. I spent an hour trying out the suit skirts, and when I finally arrived at the billing section, the sales person told me there was something wrong. She was not able to apply the discount to my purchase. She could not also tell me the reason why it failed. She told me it was supposed to work, but somehow could not be applied. When I came home, I tried applying the same coupon for the same suit skirt purchase online at Macys.com, and it worked!! The coupon was meant to be used both in store and online, but somehow did not work in store.

When I sent numerous emails asking for clarification, the hopeless customer service did not respond.

I could have purchased the item, but chose not to because what Macy's did was clearly questionable and not ethical. They were trying to lure customers by their coupons, and once a shopper spends her time there looking for a right product, they are confident that chances of people returning them just because their coupons won't work is negligible.

They should be ashamed for the level of service and their denial of what is assured. For the first time, I ventured out in New York city looking for better places to shop. Macy's used to be the only store I had visited, and now thanks to Macy's, I found Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdales. Finally I purchased a very decent Anne Klein suit from Lord & Taylor, for 100$ (it was on sale!!) and saved more than a 100$ than what I would have if had I shopped in Macy's.

Thanks Macy's because you suck and thanks for opening my eyes to other places to shop at!! You have lost one customer for life, and many of my friends. Believe me, if you think you can lose one customer, be ready to lose another 10 to your competitors.

andreajb1420 Jan 05, 2011

Are you stupid??? Really read the exclusions...I have a macys card and I do receive my coupons and I READ the exclusions all the time...There could be so many reasons why your coupon was not excepted it could have been a special, it could have been a impulse item...Oh btw I do in fact work at macys and I HATE when customers complain about the coupons

anonymous_365 Jun 16, 2011

Also, you need to do your homework better. Both Bloomingdale's and Lord & Taylor belong to Macy's, Inc. (or used to). Lord & Taylor was sold off because it was competition to the other Macy's-owned high-end retail store: Bloomingdale's. Bloomingdale's still belongs to Macy's, Inc. And as the Macy's employee above stated there could be numerous reasons as to why the coupon did not qualify in-store, however, the online site has to be more forgiving otherwise the customer will not return. So before you go running your mouth about which store is better than the other do some research.

Resolved double charge for shirts

On Aug 6 2010, I purchased a few shirts from the Men’s Dept. The first associate, Julie tried to run my...

Resolved diamond earrings

I went to Macy's Friday July 30 to look at the price on some diamonds. I use to have bad credit but it...

discrimination

Macy's has discriminated against me regarding a medical condition that I have.

On May 29, 2010, around 8:15 pm, I decided to take a visit at the Town East Mall location to purchase my wife some fragrance on a special evening. This women by the name of Tedra who worked in the fragrance department, attempted to assist me. There was also another woman beside her which she decided to leave shortly after. Tedra advised me that she didn't have the type of fragrance I was looking for. As I was walking out towards the mall searching for another store, she asked me, what is that in the back of your neck? I replied to her, What do you mean? She rudely stated, It looks like wing worms on your neck and it looks bad. For a women that I have never met or known, to embarrass and disrespect my medical condition made me feel very degrading as a man. I decided to go back into the store and find out her name and spoke with a manager regarding this issue. Joy Black was the manger that assisted me in taking down my information and advising me that this complaint would forwarded to the store manager. Macy's refused to resolve this matter and accommodate me for mental stress, time loss from home and work.

srchng4care Mar 31, 2011

time loss from home and work?? didnt you go in there willingly?? im just at a loss for words, were you serious? or... you actually wanted to be reimbursed im still not over it i cant wait to tell people hahah ... and stealthpilot why would he have the right to know if she had hepatitis or aids? she sells perfume shes not a prostitute???

srchng4care Apr 18, 2011

well hopefully the lady working the PERFUME COUNTER at macys isnt bleeding and exposing open wounds everywhere... and what do you mean "what does a prostitute have to with anything" shes the perfume lady are you having sex with her? are you going to be making out in the bathroom NO shes sells PERFUME so what do you mean?? i suppose everyone walking the streets should "HAVE" to wear something to let other people know what they have? ill make sure and get yours out into the mail what should it say "ignorant" ??? oh yea and what color would you like? size? 4XXX

srchng4care Apr 19, 2011

okay but you do know we were talking about the macys lady everything else you wrote was for no reason at all what so ever!u

srchng4care Apr 19, 2011

oh oohh ... yeah well everything i write is RIGHT how bout that!!!

srchng4care Apr 20, 2011

now say it out loud and make sure theres a mirror in front of you :)

srchng4care Apr 20, 2011

good for you know can you please take your delusional ### on to another thread im tired of getting emails cause your you posted another stupid comment

srchng4care Apr 20, 2011

everyone elses comments are fine its just yours

what the ###?