Menu

complaints

Target Complaints Summary

186 Resolved
588 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Target with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Target has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Target. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Target complaints 774

Sort by:

Newest Target complaints

C
8:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 1/8/24 at 425pm at the north Murrieta Target off the 215 a target semi driver Canada plates, I think #2938345 from CR England company and side numbers 228781pulled into an intersection while I had just got green light and I mean just pulled into the intersection, No problem. Then while driving next to him he almost hits me and my family. Swerving like a...

S
5:05 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On December 29th 2023 at 1:25 I purchased a visa gift card at target. It was not working and I waited MORE then the 60 minutes it says to wait and I went to customer service and the lady there was rude had a sassy tone and then she laughed at us and said it wasn’t her problem and to do with the card says on the back. When we ask for the manager they did not...

N
12:45 pm EST

Target Truck driver

Driving on North 41 in Florida. Truck driver driving on 12/20/2023 at 12:33pm #188181 with a Maine license plate. This driver was driving extremely recklessly. He had forced his way past multiple vehicles in a merge lane almost did swiping myself and others in front of me. He then continued to swerve in and out of his lane. He has hit his break and almost caused a multiple car accident. This is ridiculous. For someone driving a semi truck this recklessly is unacceptable. This matter, if continued during my drive, will be brought to the attention of the local police.

Desired outcome: I’d like to see this drivers job to be reevaluated. This issue poses a threat to other drivers on the road and will become a liability issue if a crash happens.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Target representatives only. If you are affiliated with Target, please claim your business to access these details.

Is Target legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Target as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 24% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Target stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Target should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Target earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Target achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Target. The company provides a physical address, 12 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Target has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Target has registered the domain name for target.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Target.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Target website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Target.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Target.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Target, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Target website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Target.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Target's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 24% of 11 complaints were resolved.
  • Target protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • A website associated with Target has been reported to be selling weapons online. It is important to ensure that the website and seller are legitimate, and to abide by the laws and regulations of your country regarding the purchase of weapons.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Target. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
12:16 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I reached out to Target support directly regarding this issue on October 23, 2023, however a little over a month later, I have yet to see the resolution implemented & am therefore reaching out again in hopes of making it happen. The store involved in this complaint is located at 2424 Highway 6 and 50, Suite C, Grand Junction, CO 81505. While this location...

U
12:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Earlier this evening my wife and I had the utter displeasure of visiting your Paramus NJ store and was absolutely appalled at what we witnessed.. Entire aisles of merchandise opened, torn and laying on the floors, throughout the entire store,.. it looked as if the store was abandoned and smash and grab gangs had come in to finish the job.. and in every...

J
5:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have an order of 12 little items for the holidays, and five of them arrived today (yesterday now) - - in three different little boxes. 2 sets of the same napkins in one, 2 of the same chocolates in another, and 1 of the 7 little ornaments ( all of the same collection) in another little box. And they all shipped from the same town and address in Illinois!...

R
12:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I frequently shop Target Online and I do not like getting blank screens on search and sort requests. Upon checking, Target is tracking customer request, for example, those prevented from tracking me and causing blank screens were: js-sec.indexww.com pub.doubleverify.com edge.curalate.com resources.digital-cloud.medallia.com ..urepubads.g.doubleclick.net...

8:01 pm EDT

Target Visa 200 dollar gift cards

I purchased $1400 in gift cards from target in June for my kids graduation. I had saved for 12 months to do this. They let me know the cards were not working so I checked them on the mybalencenow website and it said there was a reversal of the funds back to target. I called the third party Incomm company and they said it was an activation issue. I sent them the receipt and all the card numbers for the claim. I called back 6 weeks later and they said the cards were sent I don’t get them. So now sept 2023 I finally got them to resend the cards to be told 7 to 10 days it’s Oct 30th no cards yet they keep telling me they are on the way. How can you sell this Target! I need help getting my hard earned money back

Claimed loss: $1400

Desired outcome: Cards or money back I have the receipt and my credit card payment

D
3:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Account Number: 7482496-BS-08-2018 Re: Outstanding Debt of $960.23 Creditor: U.S Cash Advance Attention, To date, we have received no correspondence pertaining to your $960.23 debt to our company. This, following numerous attempts to collect will be your final notification prior to our referring your debt to an outside collection firm. Your balance i...

R
5:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We shopped for groceries and picked up cheeseballs as part of our groceries. Our general understanding, or for that matter anyone's understanding would be that a store like Target will not keep expired items on their aisles, but unfortunately this incident happened to us on 8th October. We did not expect an expired product to be present and picked up a...

9:05 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been a loyal Target shopper in-store and online for many years. However, after years of shopping online, Target has been cancelling ALL my online orders. I've chatted with agents online to no avail. I've filed BBB complaints, Target's response is they "stand firm" on their decision. Why is this happening? I've received damaged leaking laundry detergent...

L
3:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Target today to inquire about a pair of pants. I had just listened to a Hispanic song in Spanish. I said, "Are you the manager?" "She said,"Yes". I joking said,"Are you going to play Polish music in Polish next month in October because it will be Polish Heritage Month? In March are you going to play Irish music in March for Irish Heritage...

M
8:45 am EDT

Target Truck Driver - Reckless driving

Operator of truck 172583 driving on I 87 south NY (Governor Thomas E. Dewey Thruway between exit 24 and 23) between 7:35 am - 7:50 am Sept 15 2023. Extremely reckless driving. Came behind me started honking and flashing lights even though I was going 65 mph (at the speed limit). Then went on to pass and tried to force me off the road by quickly merging back into the lane when more than half length of the truck hadn't even passed my car by. I had to slow down around 50 mph to prevent a collision. When he finally merged back he started driving around ~ 55 mph in attempts to frustrate.

J
6:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello , my target card got discontinued for non use i applied for another one received it used once kept checking no payment due finally got hold of someone about the issue of me not getting a bill first off i was looking at my old online account thought the new card would roll over found out you don't do that got that straight the guy i talked to said...

K
12:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an online order on 9-2-2023. I paid with a 15.00 target gift card and put the 3.13 balance on my red card On 9-5-2023 I checked my checking account and they had charged the 3.13 and the 15.00 to my account. So I tried to call the store I go to and they would pick up and hang up after it had rang 10 times very unprofessional. So I called the...

H
1:38 pm EDT

Target Student verification discount process

We went to the Target in Lincoln, Nebraska to purchase move in college dorm stuff. Target advertised a 20% student discount for new students. We supplied all necessary information for student verification. Team members told us we would get verification within a few minutes via email. We waited in store for 1 hour waiting for verification, it never came. We called customer service and they were unable to help. They said it would take 1-3 days. We don’t have 3 days, my daughter has no car and this was the only day to move in.

We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and we got Joe. (No last name). He was extremely rude to both my daughter and myself. Not only was he unhelpful but being rude to customers is totally uncalled for and unacceptable.

The whole college discount appears to be a scam. Customer service should have said, “oh you’re moving in to your dorm, congratulations, show me your ID and here’s your 20% discount” instead of us waiting 1 hour and never receiving the code. Waste of time.

Heather Friese

[protected]

Desired outcome: Apology from target for the rude customer service supervisor and the 20% discount promised to students.

10:03 pm EDT

Target Red Card Billing

William F. Middleton Account Number: [protected] Account ID Number: [protected] Statement Closing date: June 26/2023 When adding all the Credit Transactions for: 6/5, 6/13, 6/13 (Second time) and 6/19, the total is: $ 295.92 The statement purchases and other debt is: $ 201.88 Thus, an over payment credit of: $ 94.04 Statement Closing date: July 26, 2023 Only has Credit Transaction for 6/28 of: $ 19.90 There is not any over payment from the Statement Closing date of June 26, 2023 for: $ 94.04. Please make this adjustment ASAP and notify me as such in writing. For I called your Customer Service number [protected] twice. Twice I was put on hold and hung up on. Will Middleton [protected]

Desired outcome: Credit of $ 94.04 ASAP.

10:22 am EDT

Target Threatening letters on your behalf

I am receiving emails from a so called attorney citing a docket file, saying this is being filed in court. In review of other complaints I see the EXACT same docket number is being used in every email. This is fraud and it needs to stop. They are using docket 7482496-BS-08-2018.

A Jamika Magro is the email it comes from. Not even an actually corporation email but hotmail.

Desired outcome: Advise this company to stop all fraudulent actions and take this off my credit report

V

Re: Outstanding Debt of $960.23

Date: July 29, 2023

OFFER IN COMPROMISE : PAY $289.00 ONLY SAVE UP TO $671.23

Attention,

We refer to our email to you of sent to you one month ago. You will note that the sum of $960.23 is due by you. This amount is now outstanding more than 1024 Days. We would like to draw it to your attention that we have now commenced our legal Debt Collection procedure in respect of your case and we will pursue the amount due by you together with legal costs until settled in full. It is strongly in your interests to avoid the additional expense and embarrassment of a court appearance. We strongly advise you to take this opportunity to reach an amicable solution.

Kindly contact us on EMAIL to pay your outstanding balance or settle this account. Payment arrangement and Settlement options are available. Unless you notify this office within 4 hours after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume the debt is valid. If you do not pay the balance within 4 hours, we will pursue all legal options available to collect the debt, up to and including suit for judgement and garnishment proceedings.

If you need to make arrangements to pay your debt, reply to this email.

This is an attempt to collect a debt; any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Settlement Amount: $960.23

Payment Plan: Pay $40.00 Every Two Weeks

==========================

70% DISCOUNT

Offer In Compromise: $289.00 Today (This will be considered as a paid in full)

Payment Mode: Online

Sincerely,

Staff Attorney (Target Repayments Services)

Copies to:

Alan Cooper, Account Coordinator

Frank Rogers, County Administrator

Carl Cooper, County Attorney

Maria Fairchild, Public Safety

Note : It is possible that our previous emails fell through the cracks or delivered in spam because of words like (credit, loan, payment etc.)

Disclaimer : Micro Payments Settlement | FDCPA | Target Repayments Services © 2023

This standard email footer is used to protect attorney-client privilege, which generally applies to communications between an attorney and their client, provided those communications are not disclosed to a third party (or made for the purpose of committing a crime or tort). This is one of the oldest recognized privileges for confidential communications. It is critical to the attorney-client relationship because it gives clients confidence, they can be forthright and their attorneys are then better able to provide candid and effective advice. The possibility of disclosure to a third party is the specific reason the disclaimer is included.

Desired outcome: I want to know if this company exists or not. Legitimate or not. If not I want to know who and how to pursue legal action against them

D
2:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to Target about a driver hauling a Target 18 wheeler trailer. The truck number is 594068. The incident of dangerous and reckless driving happened around 12:40pm on 7/27/2023. The driver incident occurred on I-40 E in Durham, North Carolina. The driver appeared angry when I lawfully passed them. The driver then went into the passing lane and...

Overview of Target customer experience

Target has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers lately. Many customers have complained about the poor quality of their products, with some items falling apart after just a few uses. Others have reported issues with shipping, with packages arriving late or not at all. Additionally, some shoppers have had negative experiences with customer service, citing unhelpful representatives and long wait times. Overall, Target seems to be struggling to meet the expectations of its customers, and many are left feeling frustrated and dissatisfied with their shopping experience.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Target contacts