Menu

P
Author of the complaint
6:21 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was shoppping at my local Lowes, I had an employee walk up to my shopping cart full of my soon to be purchases and pull one out! I asked if there was a problem and he said “just checking something.” He had scanned my product, he said, “yup, its the right price.” I couldn’t believe the nerve of this guy, had it been mis-marked did he plan to take it away? What if a woman’s purse or a child had been in that cart? I contacted Lowes customer care center and was told they have a 24 hour reply policy. It’s been 4 days and no phone call.

The manager sends me emails, I wish I could share, he is ducking me and hiding and is basically a wimp for not doing his job and just calling and apologizing! Lowes customer care center is USELESS!

31 comments
G
Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am

We purchased a garage door in June 5 2021. It was just installed June 4th 2022! We were lied to and mismanaged from the point of sale at our Lowes store to the door manufacturers, Wayne Dalton to the installers. Even the Lowes card ripped us by charging interest when it was supposed to be interest deferred. This was the worst case of customer service we have ever experienced! We have a list of names and lies that would look lime a New York City phone book. ..and phone calls that somehow got cut off. Of course. No one has even contacted us about compensation for our frustration and insecurity of going without a garage door for a YEAR!

I

Lowe's is the worst and their return policy sucks. We got a piece of trash dishwasher...stopped working properly after 2 months. Instead of exchanging it for a dishwasher that was more the DOUBLE the price, they transferred me to the manufacturer. I made it clear I didn't want this dishwasher but they wouldn't help. We're new homeowners and have bought a good amount of major appliances this year. They will never get my business again. EVER.

Jun 21, 2022 11:45 am

I sell appliances at lowes, and sadly this is common. Take the money and run should be their logo.

G
May 15, 2022 3:41 pm

We purchased a pressure washer. Found out it was so weak that it took 1-1/2 hrs to do a 4 ft long area. Put it all in box. Bought on 3/30, when we finally got a chance to get by Lowe's to return we were told it only had 30 days warranty. We are just 15 days over that. Just a too bad, sucks to be you...hope Lowe's enjoys "robbing" people of their money. Now we're out what we paid and stuck with a pressure washer that wouldn't was the dingleberrys off a duck's butt!

T
May 04, 2022 6:59 pm

I will never step foot in Lowes again. They are the absolute worst company I’ve ever dealt with! Do not make any big purchased from them. They don’t believe in doing whats right and in correcting issues. The refer you to the customer care division and they are rude and disrespectful and could care less about helping get to the bottom of any issue, even the managers in the department are rude and unprofessional! If you live in Jacksonville, Fl, stay away from buying a fence from the lowes store on Philips Hwy and in dealing with John Roche!

T
May 04, 2022 6:57 pm

May 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Do not EVER purchase their carpet and EVER have it installed by them. They do not have professional installers do the job and will not back the warranties. You will definitely be sorry if you hire them. We were burned, please don't buy their services. Do your homework, find a reputable company with good references or you will be out of a lot of money and time

Apr 27, 2022 6:31 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a refrigerator at Lowes. When it was delivered they left all the plastic and packaging inside for me to take out. I purchased the extended warranty the following day at the store. The associate almost kept my receipt I handed her for the purchase of the refrigerator. She told me I had to call to have them connect the warranty to my appliance. I received no information on the warranty. When I got home I called the number she gave me and was on hold for 2 hours. When “Kay” finally answered she couldn’t link my warranty to my appliance because the Lowes system takes 24-48 hours for my purchase to show up. She assured me she would try Monday and Tuesday and call me when she got it done. No call received. When I tried to check on the website I have nothing connected to my warranty information. I have been on hold for another 1.5 hours waiting to try to talk to someone. This is absurd. Their customer service is horrible.

Apr 01, 2022 4:03 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Went to my local Lowe's to buy a grill...looked over the ones outside, but it was pouring rain. We went inside and found the one we wanted... We spent 30 minutes trying to find help. We spoke to the guy at the the exit door and he spoke to someone over the phone.. we waited another 20 minutes and nothing.. we saw a young man in a vest who advised us there is no one working in that department... I asked him if I could just drag the grill to checkout..he said he would go find a guy. 20 minutes later a guy named Chris came.. he wrote down the grill number and we took it to checkout.. a gal came out and unlocked the outside model.. said a guy would be out shortly to help load it in the truck..no one ever came. We put it in the truck.. soaked to the bone in rain... While cursing out your name! I never spent an hour and a half buying a grill...sheesh!

Mar 15, 2022 6:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lowes on Bobby Jones in Augusta, GA, is about as useful as tits on a boar's [censored], and Kobalt, which Lowes owns, is the WORST product, and "Hassle" free returns is a lie.

This morning, I closed out my 20 Year account because I don't shop where retards work and liars peddle their [censored].

Three-Year Hassle-Free product wasn't even into its 2nd year, and 30 days later, I am still getting the run-around.

A

They NEVER deliver when they say they will, ordered a $3,000 lawnmower from a Lowes in Athens GA and it came from a Lowes in Cornela GA! I got off work a half day early to be at home when they said it was suppose to arrive, It never showed up, no call, text or email from them saying it was running late. So a week and a half later, I called to find out where it was, the delivery guy Kyle said that it was running late. It was suppose to be here between 8-12 noon. It did not show up till 4:45! The delivery guy was VERY rude, NOT helpful at all! I will NEVER order anything else from LOWE'S again! Every time I called I was put on hold for a very long time. Once we received the mower, it would not start, we did everything that we were suppose to do.

Jan 27, 2022 10:02 pm

Bunch of liars and thieves! I bought a washer 4 days ago and they have not delivered nor can they tell me where it is. Went to get a refund and they said no refund and no reason to talk to me. This place is bad! Boycott Lowes lets shut them down!

C
Nov 10, 2021 9:19 pm

My contractor was sent to pick up thousands of dollars of building products (that were pre-ordered) which of course were not ready! He calls me to tell me this, and right at this time Lowes calls me on another line, and it's a lady working in the lumber dept and she wants to know where my contractor is. I tell her he went outside to his truck, so she goes outside with me on the phone and starts yelling for him at the top of her lungs! When she finally finds him, she tells him she needs his help loading the lumber! This is supposed to to be done by Lowes and ready to go out the door! She wants him to do her job! Then the other day a very rude lady calls from Lowes about a delivery that I am still waiting weeks for, and asks me if I still want it. Well I didn't cancel it so yes, I guess I still want it! I ask her if she knows what it is that is being delivered and she can't even tell me that.

Jul 29, 2021 12:56 pm

If you live in Spartanburg, South Carolina, at the east or west side stores, you cannot get a Lowe’s employee to speak with you. They will sit together (3 people) in the windows section and have a “strategy” meeting, but ignore you when you walk by. They will stand together, again in a group of three, chat and play on their phones. When you walk by and speak very loudly, “we’re going to Home Depot”, there is no response. It should not be MY responsibility to seek out a capable sales assistant…

Jun 28, 2021 4:09 pm

let’s see, I’ve been on hold for over an hour w Lowe’s Customer “Service”, the chat function is not connected to a human, and the call back function doesnt work. Btw, the toilet i had ordered showed up shattered (had been dropped, hole in the box’ side). lowe’s you suck

R
Jun 23, 2021 6:08 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Stupid store over charged me $800 on a lumber purchase. No one answers their phone at Store 1148. I've called all their numbers. Corporate does not answer the phones either. I'm might have to go back to HD if this keeps up.

R
Jun 24, 2021 1:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of richard po

Ok, they solved my problem. why can't they still answer their phone .

M
Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Today would have been filled with laughs and joy if I didn't have to deal with Lowe's. Purchased $2K in materials to finish a project. Scheduled the delivery for Saturday afternoon, but that was cancelled on me by Lowe's they rescheduled for Monday then called by a few hours later to try to reschedule me for Wednesday, but I managed to stop that from happening and keep it on Monday. Now today is Monday and my order which was supposed to happen from 9-1, I find out was not ready and not even put on the truck this morning according to the delivery company. One would think that they would call me to let me know what is going on, so I'm not waiting around all morning for a delivery that is not going to happen. Trying to call Lowe's on Panola Rd where I ordered it from, and I have been on the phone for 29 minutes as of this moment trying to reach a manager to make sure that it actually goes out on the afternoon truck. Can't even get a manager to pick up a phone and talk to me. I hope someone at corporate can see this message and figure out why this store is so horribly run.

May 02, 2021 3:44 am

This is the typical Wal-Mart special run in the ground company sense Wal-Mart owns most of the Lowe's drive thru mcdonalds hardware not service

Jun 21, 2022 12:48 pm

I sell appliances at lowes, and sadly this a common occurrence. In fact , since we went to another delivery company, we now deal with problems like this all day every day. It’s

maddening to listen to all day long. So, call corporate or write a letter , but they’re the ones that decided to go that route! And they’re most

definitely sticking with their decision.

K
Feb 23, 2021 3:32 pm

DO NOT PURCHASE APPLIANCES AT LOWES ... THEY GIVE A 30 WARRANTY AND THEN TELL YOU TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER. MOST EVERYTHING LOWES SELLS IN APPLIANCES IS MADE IN CHINA! THATS RIGHT THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT YOU COVID 19!

THEN IF YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ON HOW NOT TO DO IT. BRING THEM TO LOWES CONROE TEXAS AND THEY CAN SEE FIRST HAND HOW TO NOT WORK WITH CUSTOMER!

Sep 29, 2020 1:19 pm

This is how bad service is at Lowes. I was in the market for a new riding lawn mower. Money was burning a hole in my pockets. I walked into customer service and ask if someone could help me with the riding mowers. She told me to ask the front. I ask the checkout supervisor if someone could help me with riding lawn mowers. She said:" there is someone out there who can help you." There wasn't anyone out there, I waited an waited but no one came. SO, walked back in and said: There is no one out there could you page someone?" Blank looks. By this time I was pissed, a $2, 000 sale was about to walk. Finally I had it and walked away. I call the store to ask for a manager, they never answered the phone. Then I called the corporate office. The lady was nice but she couldn't answer my questions but offer to sell me the mower I was looking at. I told her, " you don't understand, I want to talk to someone about the mow and the service." Long story short I walked away.

Feb 02, 2021 3:16 pm
Replying to comment of sky-high

Smart move if they don't care in the store just think dealing with a problem over the phone by then its too
late so much for Protection Plus many hrs wasted stuck with a washer that's not working the company they send Mr Appliance of Sutton Ma have an F with the Better Business its like having the three stooges doing the work 3 times to fix same problem going on 4 months Lowes told me its them or nobody Shame on you Lowes for treating people like this .Please start treating consumers better or one day it will be hey do you remember a store called Lowes one of many pissed off customers

May 02, 2021 3:48 am

You can expect less from a Walmart owned drive to McDonald's Hardware Service Company there a joke in a disgrace they need to be closed

Jun 21, 2022 11:57 am
Replying to comment of sky-high

2022 season: Staffing is worse now, much worse. The inside garden dept very often goes w/out any coverage during the spring and summer season! Lowes, like most retailers, would prefer you shop online to get your stuff. A $2,000 purchase, or even a hundred purchases in that amount, is a drop in the bucket and not significant to lowes. Online sales and commercial or “ Pro” sales is their focus.

May 10, 2019 10:13 am

We are currently on hold 15 minutes so far, to check on an order placed 2 weeks ago, that we have had zero updates on. Cost of goods $500.
However, “they value our business and appreciate our patience “. Hey Lowe’s, add staff in your stores and call centers. No wonder your sales are down. Then there’s the crap they sell, even brand names are lower quality so they can fatten margins.
We are DONE with these [censored]s.

Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am

I had a similar customer service issue with an extremely rude employee, and this was not the first time. They were rude and confrontational without any provocation whatsoever on my part. Admittedly, I was in the store near closing time; however, I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was located. I was approached by an employee who told me I needed to hurry up and get out because they were about to close. When I submitted a complaint to customer service and requested a response...nothing. This tells me they have no concern whatsoever regarding customer service and the way employees treat customers.

Sep 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Does this surprise you - try contacting Marvin Ellsion, Michael McDermott, Sandy Dermondy or Kimberly Wells. All they can do is forward it to some lady in the "Executive Committee" who cant even remember her email, let alone when she called you last. No wonder why they spend more time on lawyers. If they would learn to treat their employees and their customers right...well maybe they would not end up like JC Penny - oh wait - who was the CEO of that defunk store?

May 03, 2013 8:16 am

I had siding put on my house... They came installed it and screwed it up. Part of the siding all bubbly, a piece fell off somewhere else, and they disconnected one of my lights and didn't put it back. Also, they took off before i signed off on the job. It's been eight months now and i keep calling to try to get them to fix it. Everytime they yes me to death, "oh we are very sorry sir we will get right on that and send someone over" However, nothing get's done. Piss poor service.

May 09, 2012 11:15 pm

I mostly agree with GEOMMM, in that this doesn't really seem to be a big deal. If you are in contact with a manager I don't see why it matters whether its by email or telephone.
However it an employee in a store started looking into my cart and taking things out without an explanation I would be freaked out. He could have at least explained what he needed.

Well he should have asked first.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1359 complaints