Lowe’slowe's sucks and so does customer care

P

I was shoppping at my local Lowes, I had an employee walk up to my shopping cart full of my soon to be purchases and pull one out! I asked if there was a problem and he said “just checking something.” He had scanned my product, he said, “yup, its the right price.” I couldn’t believe the nerve of this guy, had it been mis-marked did he plan to take it away? What if a woman’s purse or a child had been in that cart? I contacted Lowes customer care center and was told they have a 24 hour reply policy. It’s been 4 days and no phone call.

The manager sends me emails, I wish I could share, he is ducking me and hiding and is basically a wimp for not doing his job and just calling and apologizing! Lowes customer care center is USELESS!

Matt Atlanta Apr 05, 2021

Today would have been filled with laughs and joy if I didn't have to deal with Lowe's. Purchased $2K in materials to finish a project. Scheduled the delivery for Saturday afternoon, but that was cancelled on me by Lowe's they rescheduled for Monday then called by a few hours later to try to reschedule me for Wednesday, but I managed to stop that from happening and keep it on Monday. Now today is Monday and my order which was supposed to happen from 9-1, I find out was not ready and not even put on the truck this morning according to the delivery company. One would think that they would call me to let me know what is going on, so I'm not waiting around all morning for a delivery that is not going to happen. Trying to call Lowe's on Panola Rd where I ordered it from, and I have been on the phone for 29 minutes as of this moment trying to reach a manager to make sure that it actually goes out on the afternoon truck. Can't even get a manager to pick up a phone and talk to me. I hope someone at corporate can see this message and figure out why this store is so horribly run.

• Al
    Alan1234 May 02, 2021

@Matt Atlanta This is the typical Wal-Mart special run in the ground company sense Wal-Mart owns most of the Lowe's drive thru mcdonalds hardware not service

• Ky
    Kyle Williams Feb 23, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE APPLIANCES AT LOWES ... THEY GIVE A 30 WARRANTY AND THEN TELL YOU TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER. MOST EVERYTHING LOWES SELLS IN APPLIANCES IS MADE IN CHINA! THATS RIGHT THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT YOU COVID 19!

THEN IF YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ON HOW NOT TO DO IT. BRING THEM TO LOWES CONROE TEXAS AND THEY CAN SEE FIRST HAND HOW TO NOT WORK WITH CUSTOMER!

• Sk
    sky-high Sep 29, 2020

This is how bad service is at Lowes. I was in the market for a new riding lawn mower. Money was burning a hole in my pockets. I walked into customer service and ask if someone could help me with the riding mowers. She told me to ask the front. I ask the checkout supervisor if someone could help me with riding lawn mowers. She said:" there is someone out there who can help you." There wasn't anyone out there, I waited an waited but no one came. SO, walked back in and said: There is no one out there could you page someone?" Blank looks. By this time I was pissed, a $2, 000 sale was about to walk. Finally I had it and walked away. I call the store to ask for a manager, they never answered the phone. Then I called the corporate office. The lady was nice but she couldn't answer my questions but offer to sell me the mower I was looking at. I told her, " you don't understand, I want to talk to someone about the mow and the service." Long story short I walked away.

• Sh
    Sharon Swisher Feb 02, 2021

@sky-high Smart move if they don't care in the store just think dealing with a problem over the phone by then its too
    late so much for Protection Plus many hrs wasted stuck with a washer that's not working the company they send Mr Appliance of Sutton Ma have an F with the Better Business its like having the three stooges doing the work 3 times to fix same problem going on 4 months Lowes told me its them or nobody Shame on you Lowes for treating people like this .Please start treating consumers better or one day it will be hey do you remember a store called Lowes one of many pissed off customers

• Al
    Alan1234 May 02, 2021

@Sharon Swisher You can expect less from a Walmart owned drive to McDonald's Hardware Service Company there a joke in a disgrace they need to be closed

• Bu
    Buckwad May 10, 2019

We are currently on hold 15 minutes so far, to check on an order placed 2 weeks ago, that we have had zero updates on. Cost of goods $500.
    However, “they value our business and appreciate our patience “. Hey Lowe’s, add staff in your stores and call centers. No wonder your sales are down. Then there’s the crap they sell, even brand names are lower quality so they can fatten margins.
    We are DONE with these [censored]s.

• Br
    brad121860 Apr 25, 2019

I had a similar customer service issue with an extremely rude employee, and this was not the first time. They were rude and confrontational without any provocation whatsoever on my part. Admittedly, I was in the store near closing time; however, I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was located. I was approached by an employee who told me I needed to hurry up and get out because they were about to close. When I submitted a complaint to customer service and requested a response...nothing. This tells me they have no concern whatsoever regarding customer service and the way employees treat customers.

• 38
    382 Sep 28, 2018

Does this surprise you - try contacting Marvin Ellsion, Michael McDermott, Sandy Dermondy or Kimberly Wells. All they can do is forward it to some lady in the "Executive Committee" who cant even remember her email, let alone when she called you last. No wonder why they spend more time on lawyers. If they would learn to treat their employees and their customers right...well maybe they would not end up like JC Penny - oh wait - who was the CEO of that defunk store??????

• Lo
    lowessucks2 May 03, 2013

I had siding put on my house... They came installed it and screwed it up. Part of the siding all bubbly, a piece fell off somewhere else, and they disconnected one of my lights and didn't put it back. Also, they took off before i signed off on the job. It's been eight months now and i keep calling to try to get them to fix it. Everytime they yes me to death, "oh we are very sorry sir we will get right on that and send someone over" However, nothing get's done. Piss poor service.

• Bl
    bloved May 09, 2012

I mostly agree with GEOMMM, in that this doesn't really seem to be a big deal. If you are in contact with a manager I don't see why it matters whether its by email or telephone.
    However it an employee in a store started looking into my cart and taking things out without an explanation I would be freaked out. He could have at least explained what he needed.

• Ho
    Hogwarts Student Zachary Dec 25, 2011

Well he should have asked first.