Menu
Lowe's Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Lowe's
reviews & complaints

www.lowes.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 2206 Reviews

Lowe's Complaints Summary

243 Resolved
1955 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Lowe's's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Lowe's has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lowe's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Lowe's reviews & complaints

6:13 pm EST

Lowe's abuses subcontractors

Lowe's treatment of contractors who subcontract service and installation from Lowe's is abominable. These contractors provide services that Lowe's employees are not capable of providing due to lack of training and they turn significant profit for Lowe's HIW Inc.

The contractors are rewarded for this by being forced to satisfy middle managers who have no training in the task at hand, but clearly have been threatened to drive up profit margins or receive consequences. Lowe's managers make every concession to please the customer and pass the costs onto the contractor. These concessions aren't made because the customer was 'right', rather because the manager has minimal experience with the service or installation job in dispute and no idea how to troubleshoot the problem. The contractor is forced to pay or lose details (aka jobs). Losing these details usually means downsizing the company or taking a staggering pay cut, so the contractor obliges and takes a loss. These losses are heart wrenching when you're talking about a small company that's barely staying above water in difficult economic times.

I live 0.5 miles from a Lowe's store and I consider it a last resort for my home improvement needs because the situation outlined above sickens me. It's criminal to siphon money from small contractors rather than properly mediating a dispute. I've seen the stock market and it's quite clear to me that Lowe's has the resources to mediate these disputes, but it's cheap, fast, and quickly shuts up the complaining customer if you just take money out of the laborers' pockets and hand it back to the customer.

I am one person and I can't change Lowe's, but there are a few things I can do. First, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell me friends, family, and neighbors who want quality services and installation to purchase directly from small stores and contractors. Stores like Lowe's depend on squeezing the middle man to make a buck, not high quality work, word of mouth, or repeat customers. Second, REFER THE HUSTLERS TO LOWES, if someone wants work done around their house and quality is less important than getting $500 knocked off the estimate because the contractor was 10 minutes late, then Lowe's is where they should be. I hate to see decent tradesmen deal with stupidity like that and Lowe's has teams of barely trained employees who can handle those phone calls. Third, POST THIS ON THE INTERNET, it won't do much because there's already plenty of bad press out there for Lowes. However, Lowe's has already shown us that they have no conscience or ethics, so I guess bad press is my only tool for motivation.

7:19 pm EST

Lowe's I was completely and totally disgusted with lowe's internet pre-order for pick up service

At 2:30 am, I placed an online order to be picked up in the Lowe's store location in Irvine, California, on Jamboree. I followed the website instructions of copying and printing my email order confirmation.

Upon entering the store and contacting an employee at the store pick up counter/customer service counter. They seemed to nothing of the so-called in store pick up service.

The first employee contacted a second who contacted a third. We stood there for a long time with no one letting us know what was going on. Finally, we were informed that someone was going to pull the items from the shelves for us.

What? The order is supposed to be ready for pick up by 9 am according to Lowes' listed schedule. This is 3:30 pm, and it isn't ready? And no one knows about the service?

We ended up waiting for 30 minutes while the employee looked for my "valance" in the lighting area. I went to help him find the items.

Needless to say I was not impressed with the website's communication with the store and the store's apparent lack of knowledge of a service that they are to provide!

Also, no one apologized at all in anyway for the inconvenience during our 1/2 hour wait. That was a 1/2 hour wait while they were "helping " us... not the time we had to also stand in line to get help.

I'd appreciate a real response and not just excuses please!

They also had me sign for the items and then gave me no receipt. They didn't give me my printed copy of the order... and didn't even offer to put the two items in a bag.

I grabbed a bag from a register on the way out of the store. This was insane.

Word of mouth is the best or worst form of advertising.

Stuntpuppy
Conroe, US
Jan 18, 2012 7:57 pm EST

How about Lowes just do their job? I got an email stating my item was ready to be picked up and went to the store . I also waited and was told oh your item was cancelled. A employee told me that the item is supposed to be pulled and ready before the pick up email is sent! What a waste of time!

caiti
Jun 18, 2011 4:06 am EDT

WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR LAZY ### AND DO YOUR OWN SHOPPING? People make mistakes and sometimes things are so busy in the store they don't have time to answer the phone let alone find an associate to get the order ready for your laziness... i've worked at lowes for over 4 years and it's the service desks responsiblity to complete internet orders...it is also the service desk responsibility to answer the phones, check out customers, find an associate who is not busy to get merchandise for the customers who were in the store to do their own shopping...next time why don't you try being a little less impatient and a little more understanding?

D
12:38 am EST

Lowe's service protection plan

Misinformation and lies. Bought Bosch Washing Machine at Lowe's in March of 2007 with an extended protection plan. Washer worked fine for first three years but then had to call in for service. Let the nightmare begin. The service technicians gave is a window between 8am and 5pm, and they were all at least two weeks out from when we called. Finally by the time we could get them to come out when we were home it was a month later (without a washing machine). The technicians arrived and told me they had to order a part which took another three weeks (almost two months without a washing machine). Then I got a call from the technician after they did the work that Lowe's refused to pay the labor costs on the bill. They also told the tech that I was informed of this and approved the repair. Both lies, I never knew it and would not have approved it had I known I would have had to pay labor. Now I am stuck with a 100+labor bill on a product that I had a plan on. The salesman told me I had four years of protection, another lie. Don't waste your money on these plans and get screwed like me.

7:51 pm EST

Lowe's lowes needs to identify its delivery sales tax policy correctly

I was charged a sale tax on product delivery made upon the front check out. I received a printout from the cabinet specialist that gave me a different total of $259.54. The front end manager said Lowes always charges tax on your delivery service.

Is this correct?

If so, then the computer printout at the cabinet desk should state this. My register receipt total was $264.38. What is the correct amount? I could not ask a store manager because both of them are on vacation! At the same time.

pobarjenkins
Minneapolis, US
Mar 06, 2011 5:26 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Most companies charge tax for delivery services.

11:49 pm EST

Lowe's appliance installation

I purchased a bravo maytag electric dryer from lowes. Because of space limitations I need to have the vent exhaust come out the side, not the back. The seller (Lowes) does not provide installation services for the dryer vent because they do not want to incur the liability. I called whirlpool/maytag - response we do not install the dryer or the dryer vent, period. No guidance. Five hours later I learn after many telephone calls and internet searches that there is a vent kit to install vent in the side and that it comes with instructions. The whirlpool/maytag person I spoke with, at length, knew nothing, offered no help, no guidance. What is the point of asking for a model number and serial number when you can’t take the time to give basic information as to where to find how to do the vent yourself ! Whirlpool/maytag will not install and do not have the sense or simple common sense to tell a customer how to do it themselves. The installation book that comes with the dryer is not helpful! Your customer service stinks! What good is a dryer you can not get installed. Are these people crazy?
If this is so complicated the company can not handle it why are you selling this product. . Surely not for decoration. I had dealing with stupidity and greed. The combination drives me up the wall!

allanjr
San Jose, US
May 27, 2015 2:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The only thing that aggravates me about Lowes, is try to get a date/ time (range) when they will call regarding installation. When you purchase something, they give themselves 30 days to install, they often say they will pull the date in-but don't give you a date when purchasing the item. I purchased a new dishwasher at 8am today, and asked on the way out do they know anything about the installation. They have to fax everything over to another company for installation. You basically have to wait, up to two days, to get a call for installation. This doesn't mean you get the item installed, it means they call to give you a date. This has been a Lowes policy for several years. I really wonder how much business they lose because of the installation policy.

8:02 pm EST

Lowe's inconsistant / horrible place to work all of a sudden!!!

Lowe's used to be a wonderful company and this location used to be a great store to work at. Recently we have had major manager changes and they, including the new HR manager are useless. They take away the ability of Dept. Mgrs to manage their departments, they provide no reasonable soloution to problems that cost the company overtime and money and customer complaints, they preach of an open door problem but when you utilize it you get a huge X over your head and they are out to fire you. You would think they would have faith in the individuals they hire to make educated and smart decisions in their deparments since that is their expertise. Thet preach consistency, but they do not practice it. They will write up a manager but not employees when the managers have requested repeatid times to have some accountability. Does it make sense for a Dept. Mgr to send email after email about an assocaite's attendance but then write up the dept manager for not having all work completed AND they request over and over again that they are short handed so their employees are having OT and to please hire staff, but they dont, but they sure do write up a manager for it! They preach there are policys and processes that need to be followed, but they do not know that we (or most of us) know the policies and processes! We have been here longer then some of them! Also, they brin in District office and Regional office and Corp office people to do "confidential" focus meetings to ask about the managers, the sales, the processes in the store and then it sure is funny that those managers who have the balls to open thier mouth are now being targeted to be fired. This store is a disgrace! The District and Regional office is turning a blind eye to what is actually going on in this store, but if you dig into why sales are down, why customer complaints are up, why engagement levels and morale is down and we tell them and they dont listen, they will have a labor board investigation on their hands or are opening the doors for union activity.

4:40 pm EST

Lowe's abusive to subcontractors

Update by srhyoohoo
Mar 07, 2011 2:09 pm EST

Reply to Monkeyboi Perhaps I didn't make myself clear...or you didn't read beyond the title. I have never used Lowe's installation services and I would not because, as I've outlined above, they have bad business practices. I am upset about and informing people about the fact that the untrained Lowe's staff are mediating disputes between contractors and customers. Because it's cost effective for Lowe's and easy for the unskilled management teams, contractors are always found guilty and the losses contractors are forced to take are bankrupting small business. We see a similar pattern with Walmart's business practices. Please read the whole article and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand.

unhappyinstaller
83713, US
Nov 17, 2011 11:12 pm EST

My husband and I run a small business and subcontract through lowes. I think Lowes should face a class action lawsuit. They took us out of rotation because we have asked for payment on work orders issued by the manager and they never paid. The subcontractor gets blamed for their incompetence always. We pay the price when we ask for mileage over 20. Calling the AIM is useless. They never call you back.

Monkeyboi
Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm EST

You have to remember that Lowe's is a retailer, they sell products. They do not have a service department in the store for every single item they sell. Nor do they stock parts for every single item they sell. That would be nearly impossible. This is true for any large retailer. Not every product is infallible, nor will it last forever, and sometimes will break down soon after purchase. That is why most products sold by major retailers like Lowe's have a manufacturer warranty. The retailers don't service the manufacturer warranties. This is usually done by outside, independent, factory certified technicians. Lowe's operates like any other large retailer, and blaming them for individual problems is absurd and misguided; expect that, as with anything you purchase anywhere, you are responsible for what you own.

12:26 pm EST

Lowe's didnt read the constitution

We just recieved a memo about posting things online such as you tube and twitter and the like. they can kiss my ***. freedom baby freedom. this is what there worried about instead of the slave treatment that they dole out everyday to there employees who are pounding the cement making there 15 billion profit possible. *** you lowes. each employee should unionize or start stealing. there return policy promotes it. rock on red vests. im so sick of hearing about the thousands ready to take my job. that just makes me work hard enough to not get fired. and you wont have to take my job you can have it. i can find another dead end job.

FDL_HOU
Houston, US
Mar 03, 2011 1:41 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freedom of speech applies to the Government, clown

pobarjenkins

Lowe's
Newark de 19711
2000 ogletown road
[protected]
The overnight manager at lowes "kim mynok" is the cruelest pettiest individual who has ever been in a supervisor position at this company. She picks on her overnight crew if she does not like them and lies to upper management about their work performance in order to get them fired. She is verbally abusive to everyone and especially picks on a disabled employee named steve kondus. Steve kondus suffered a stroke a few years back and works hard to provide for his ederly mother! Everyone works hard overnight's with the exception of kim mynok and her assistant mike trata. These to so called supervisor's sit in the back room the entire shift and put 99% of the work load on everybody else!

As I have already mentioned kim mynok is verbally abusive and holds unprofessional grudges against people she does not like. She does everything she can including moving freight in to the wrong bays to make the people she does not like look bad. This has caused people to get into trouble and lose their job!
Mike trata, her assistant does exactly what she say’s including the herassment of employee's she does not like. He does this so that she will give him a good review and a raise, not because its justified!
Let me restate that it has nothing to do with work performance.
All of the night crew associate's work hard with the exception of kim mynok and mike trata.
The most important thing I am m trying to get accross is that kim mynok is abusive and unprofessional to her subordinates and deserves to be fired along with mike trata post haste!
Going to upper management does to help because they listen to kim mynok and mike trata not the associate!

9:28 pm EST

Lowe's retaliation for calling corporate

On October 29th, 2010 my wife and I went to Lowes at Gordonsville, Va to upgrade 0ur existing cabinets and design to solid oak. At the same time, we were looking for hardwood flooring for the kitchen, hall and living room. Before we left, we left behind almost $10, 000 for Pergo flooring, custom honey oak cabinets with the large matching trim and a counter top w/sink.

In the second week of November, we received a call that our cabinets would be delivered on Nov 22nd. That weekend, we gave our cabinets and carpert to a young couple in our church which
left us with the old counter top and sink on two saw horses and no flooring.

The right cabInets came in but they were too tall. I called the manager at Lowes and he told me, "I am all over it" he assured me over and over again, we would have our cabinets by Christmas. Didn't happen !

We went to the manager in January and he gave us the same song and dance about how he had ordered our cabinets and we should have had them before Christmas. I went outside and called the cabinet people to only be advised that a lady from Lowes had cancelled our order on December 9th. (says a lot for the truth and veracity of the manager.) . We were furious, it seems she was "Going to design something we might like betters !" We ordered what we wanted and had authorized no one to change our order.

I called the corporate office for Lowes in NC and got a lady named Julie and told her about all of this and that I wanted the name and address of the top dog. She told me it was a Robert Niblock.
I sent Mr. Niblock a six page letter which was signed for on January 10th at corporate.

About then, A fellow named Thomas called me and started on me for making the complaint and that the whole thing was our fault for cancelling the order and wanted to argue with me to the point I was ready to hang up on him. I asked him to show me a contract I had signed since the original one with the right cabinets on 10/29 ?
This never happened or anything cancelling our order. If our order was cancelled by us, why did we not get our money back so we could go someplace else ?

Since then, the proper cabinets were ordered but without the trim so the trim and the cabinets were not a match. I guess Mr. Niblock and Thomas did not have enough horsepower to make sure our order was right. We ended up with some trim from I do not know where and it doesen't match . I called Julie and got nowhere other than that Thomas and the store manager would meet with me to "make thing right ?"

Next came almost $5000 worth of Bruce custome flooring in the
gunstock finishe. Of course the flooring was ordered but NOT the matching stair nosing. Of course good old Thomas sent the installer down to Lumber l Liquidaters in Richmond for the stair nosing that doesn't match.

And of course, the delivey of our counter top was screwed up too. All of this was known by corporate who could care less.

We got our counter top we purchased on October 29th installed yesterday, exactly four months later !

Thomas then has the gaul to call and wanted to meet with he and Troy at the store to "Make things right!" I told him I did not want anything from Lowes and how much suffering we went through by missing, Thanks giving and Christmas with our kids and the fact that nothing we had matched and the way he and Lowes had treated us there was nothing to make this right and hung up on him.

Again, we want nothing from Lowes but I would like to take this time to thank Mr. Robert Niblock and Lowes corporate for screwing our lives up. We are not rich but are elderly and we cannot go through this again.

They seemed to think it was funny when my wife was standing in the cabinet section crying.

PT and Diane Spencer
Louisa, Virginia

PS, we have all of the emails, documents and dates and times to back this up.

Read full review of Lowe's and 152 comments

thanks we will BOYCOTT LOWES

All Gorre
Jul 28, 2023 8:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is only one question how it is possible what such ugly store as Lowers steel working and not under bancropcy. Stupid laysy staff, ugly menegment. Newr use Lowe's.

CJ
Dec 28, 2022 10:42 am EST

I would like to hear from the customer how this was resolved. Reading his last letter does NOT sound like anything was resolved. I am currently going through some delivery issues around a stove and microwave that also screwed up my Christmas cooking plans. I think it is clear that Lowes is incompetent, and they could care less about customer service. SMH

RScott S.
Jul 07, 2022 12:03 pm EDT

My experience with Lowes is similar. Were it not for one assistant manager doing all she can to help I would have sought legal avenues. I ordered materials to build a deck on August 6, 2021. The Trex boards I ordered were 30 twenty foot decks boards. Of the 30 boards 10 were straight when they were finally delivered in January of this year. 20 boards have a distinctive bend in them making them unusable. They have been reordered and arrived, but then another associate sold them to another customer even though they were marked for me. Now I am told that July 21 of this year is when they are supposed to arrive, nearly ONE YEAR after I ordered the package. It was put on a Lowe's charge and has been paid for months ago. Now I have a deck frame with no decking on it. I am waiting to put the 10 good boards on to see if the color matches. Also, two of the post sleeves I bought that were delivered were returns that someone cut and repackaged and sold to me as new. Those still haven't been fulfilled yet, but I can't use them until the deck boards are delivered.

mpduff
walhalla, US
Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am EDT

I am having a similar experience with Lowes. NEVER place an order with them. Ordered blinds in March and no one can give me information as to whether or not the order has been placed. Twice the wrong product was ordered and installer unable to install. I have been corresponding with lowe's customer service and even they cannot get any information from the local store. I have called over 15 times, been disconnected repeatedly, left messages that never reach their destination, spoken to the store assistant manager. I could go on and on but i have never, ever dealt with such incompetence and disregard for customers. Not sure of next step but probably legal action...perhaps a class action is warranted.

SueB1956
Rock Hill, US
May 09, 2023 2:40 pm EDT
Replying to comment of mpduff

Since I am a native of Walhalla and am currently having problems completing a cabinet install through Lowe's, what did you end up doing? Ever any restitution?

Highball
Brunswick, US
Jun 08, 2022 4:17 pm EDT

I need help. I was told I no longer had a job after I was hospitalized for two weeks. I then spent the next four weeks trying to come back on a limited shift. No one at store 2643 has ever taken the time to talk with me in person since I was hospitalized. I tried five times unsuccessfully to talk with staff after my hospitalization. I am a new hire PT associate in the electrical dept. I am a 100% DAV and thought I had a job to come back to albeit limited hours I could work. Because of medicine I have to take since my hospitalization, in the late afternoon I can only work M-F between 8am - 5pm. On the weekend my Dr. wants me to take my meds earlier around 8am. The medicine has side effects that causes dizziness and drowsiness. This is why I need to change my employment hours to M-F 8am - 5pm for availability to work. I previously worked for LOWES [protected] as a PT employee. I am an excellent employee and feel I have a lot to offer knowledge wise and as a customer service rep. As a veteran I need and want this job. Please let me come back in limited PT hours of employment. I would appreciate a call back from someone at corporate. Carl Padgett, moparsrt392@gmail.com [protected] or padgettfamily94@comcast.net [protected]

CJ
May 10, 2023 12:19 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Highball

Not sure how long you have worked with Lowes but here is a government link explaining FMLA. You may or may not qualify depending on how long or how much time you worked before you took off.

Highball
Brunswick, US
Jun 08, 2022 4:10 pm EDT

I need help. I was told I no longer had a job after I was hospitalized for two weeks. I then spent the next four weeks trying to come back on a limited shift. No one at store 2643 has ever taken the time to talk with me in person since I was hospitalized. I tried five times unsuccessfully to talk with staff after my hospitalization. I am a new hire PT associate in the electrical dept. I am a 100% DAV and thought I had a job to come back to albeit limited hours I could work. Because of medicine I have to take since my hospitalization, in the late afternoon I can only work M-F between 8am - 5pm. On the weekend my Dr. want me to take my meds earlier around 8am. The medicine has side effects that causes dizziness and drowsiness. This is why I need to change my employment hours to M-F 8am - 5pm for availability to work. I previously worked for LOWES [protected] as a PT employee. I am an excellent employee and feel I have a lot to offer knowledge wise and as a customer service rep. As a veteran I need and want this job. Please let me come back in limited PT hours of employment. I would appreciate a call back from someone at corporate. Carl Padgett, moparsrt392@gmail.com [protected] or padgettfamily94@comcast.net [protected]

Peter Collino
Jun 05, 2022 2:59 pm EDT

I ordered a ego leaf blower on Wednesday, june1 on lowes.com. It was supposed to arrive Friday. I already paid for this. I got a message it’s delayed. No explanation. I called online customer service to find out when I was supposed to get it. They put me through to four different people. Who couldn’t answer my question. Finally one told me I would get it tomorrow. I checked the tracking app and it hasn’t changed. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever seen.

Krap11
Mahomet, US
Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm EST

We had wood flooring installed by Lowe’s and it was installed improperly. Their staff or the contractor won’t do anything about it. I’ve spoken to them and/or tried over 30 times. The floor installation manger never even returned my call even though his message said he would. I called him 6 times. Will never go back to Lowe’s. It is sad.

E
E
EBarricelli
May 13, 2021 2:21 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Krap11

This is terrible service... I had windows installed 2-05-21...a part on my triple bedroom window was broken...I've called a total of 5 times so far, and not one call back...I'm totally disgusted, and would never recommend Lowes to anyone...and I indicated this fact in my survey who I believe no one reads, it listened to.
Wish I could get this taken care if...but probably my $3899 window wasn't expensive enough...
My email is babarricelli266@gmail.com...if anyone can help... Thank you.

mysticmy
Oct 01, 2020 10:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jan 7th 2020: Had Lowes rep out for a quote on a fence Jan 20th 2020: Received 1st quote May 8th 2020: Revised the quote and signed the contract with Justin, the Lowes associate who gave me the original and updated quote with the assurance my fence would be up within 4-6 weeks. Paid Justin $10655 upfront, in full for the install. June 16th 2020: Emailed Justin as I hadn't heard anything about an ETA or date. Starting in June, I began calling once a week for updates but I find that Justin no longer works there and they can't seem to find my contract even though they have been paid in full. I am contacted by Jeffery who tells me that Justin had not put in my order and now that the pandemic was in full swing, it would be awhile as my pickets had not even been milled yet. September 11th 2020: My wood was delivered after 4 months and I was told construction would start on 14th even though no one from Safe dig had come out to mark. I was assured by Jeff that it would be done over the weekend and they would begin on Monday the 14th. Sept 14th 2020: Safe dig showed up mid afternoon to mark but no call and no construction. Construction began Sept 17th 2020: The construction crew were about ready to start putting pickets up when they noticed half of my order was missing. They reached out to Jeff who said they had accepted the full order so it should be here or in the warehouse. Sept 22nd 2020: Only the skeleton of my fence is up. Not having enough pickets forces my contractors to have to stop work indefinitely because they don't want my pickets weathering differently from the ones that aren't even here yet because we don't know when that will be. I reach out to Lowes who tell me they had accepted the first shipment on good faith and had no idea only half arrived and they would need to reorder more but could not give any eta. Oct 1st 2020: My fence is still not up, Lowes still has my money and I have no ETA on when or if I will ever have my project completed.

The contractors, however, are fantastic, which is the only silver lining in this. Great guys that I have hired independently to redo my porch completely separate from Lowes but we're joking that it will be quoted ripped out and finished before Lowes gets my wood to finish the fence.

4:41 pm EST

Lowe's not enough cashiers during busy season

Please forward this comment to the regional manager for the bluffton, sc lowes: on thursday, feb. 24, 2011, approximately 12:43 pm I was attempting to purchase a large quanity of bulk outdoor garden supplies for a pending job. There was only one register open in outdoor garden so I proceeded indoors with the large batch of mulch and informed the manager at the front desk that there was only one cashier on duty outside and at this time of year there are a great number of customers. He said he was "doing his best" to correct the problem. I informed him that this has been a problem at this store for years and it's time that "his best" actually resulted in a change for the better. I then proceeded with my large bulky cart to the checkout lane indoors just as a storewide power failure caused the computers to crash. I was unable to proceed with my order and left. I was unable to do the work which I had intended to do with those supplies. Had their been two cashiers on duty in the outdoor garden checkout during this busy early spring season I would have been able to check out prior to the power failure and do my work. This repeated failure to address this critical issue has once again, as it has repeatedly in past years, cost me time and money. I do not want to hear another apology from a store manager. What I do want to hear is a statement from the regional manager explaining to me what steps he is taking to assure that this situation is not repeated again as it has so many times already. I am also posting this complaint at online web sites regarding lowes customer performance.

Read full review of Lowe's and 4 comments

4 comments
Trina
Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm EDT

I purchased a tiller at Lowes 2 years ago and it worked well the first year. Last year when I went to use the tiller the tiller ran horribly. I tried to get th tiller repaired, but I had lost my receipt. When I tried at the store, they toldme they did not have the information available any more. I could get the information from my credit card company, but that didn't matter, the repair place wanted to see the receipt. To top things all off, I tried to purchase an air filter for the tiller today and Lowes did not carry the specific air filter, but would have to special order it. Come to find out the tiller was made by MTD and you can only get the filters through them. If Lowes is going to sell something, you would think they would at least carry the maintenance parts for the item, especially if the item was made for them.

usc_conquest
Lexington, US
Jun 26, 2011 5:52 pm EDT

Hindsight being 20/20, here is my suggestion. You can always fax in an order ahead of time, online, or call ahead and pay for it over the phone, that way it is ready for you when you get there. All you would have to do then is wait for them to get it from where they staged it, and load it for you.

lila20111
, BR
Mar 08, 2011 12:56 pm EST

UGG Boot ist both comfortable and warm.
It would help you show your beauty and in cold winter und keep you warm.
Online shop http://www.uggbootshop.de/

V
V
va_girl
Norfolk, US
Feb 25, 2011 4:46 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Why don't you try Home Depot?

B
7:40 pm EST

Lowe's frigidaire freezer

Purchased a $700 upright Frigidaire freezer on 1-1-2011, had it delivered on 1-8-2011, stocked it with over $1000.00 of food and less than 3 weeks later the entire computer system was blown on it! Lowes return policy sucks-now its a 7 day return policy instead of 30 day. We had to contact figidaire for the repair--which we are still waiting for. Lowes does not stand behind their products and has terrible customer service. To top it off, the repair company that Figidaire has sent out is based over 5 hours away and does NOT stay on schedule or call with updates-instead your left to just sit at home and wait. This repair company is called A & E Factory Service, who claims that they can not contact repairmen to ask when their approximate arrival time will be! Just completely APPAULED and severely DISSAPOINTED --Will NEVER purchase appliances again at LOWES and especially FRIGIDAIRE! Warning to all----SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

J
11:44 am EST

Lowe's overcharged for door installation!

I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It appears that I was charged almost $700 for an install that was standard and took the two men who came under two hours to complete the replacement. I saw their invoice and it gave them $125 for their work installing the door. Beware of using lowes. I found this prohibitively expensively and would not use them again.

12:16 pm EST

Lowe's bad machine, bad repair service, no show

The worst service contract ever, the worst repairmen working for Lowe's. had service call today. Finally got ahold of co said they will be here today.The guy called at 245 pm, and said lost how do i get to your place. 5 min away. Its 6:10 pm Not here. I am pissed. Plus had to rescheduled for Tuesday, clothes in washer wet. I am so mad. Didn't have balls to call and say still can't find you. J & M appliances. If they schedule call for them SAY NO.

Now have to try another company..Also no pay to miss work

3:37 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lowe's - Doesn't honor rebates

I recently purchased a GE appliance from Lowe's. The sign stated that the appliance qualified for a $50.00 rebate, which was part of my purchase decision. The clerk had difficulty getting the rebate form to print, and I had to wait. I submitted the rebate, and now I get a letter that the rebate was only for a pair of appliances. The sign did not say pair...

Read full review of Lowe's and 24 comments
J
1:13 pm EST

Lowe's fail on delivery

From the start to the end of my experience in ordering GE Profile range and range hood, Lowes dropped the ball. I shopped online and ordered those items by phone from our local store; the person in appliances told me I'd get the receipt in the mail; it never came.

If only that were all; the first attempt to deliver the range by the agreed date failed; it was rescheduled for three days later. As a compensation for the missed delivery, the Lowes manager agreed to have the range hood installed for free, which was satisfactory to me.

Two days later the installer arrived. While I was elsewhere, he placed the range hood box on my new range, somehow managed to bump a know that turned a back burner on high, and set the box on fire. I come from the back room to a house full of noxious smoke, ash and embers on my kitchen floor, and a box on fire in my front yard. The house still smelled like an incinerator two days later, and the back burner was ruined with melted waxy material permanently scorched on.

Of course, Lowes agred to replace the range. When I hadn't heard from them about a delivery date for that, and it was time to pay the credit card bill with the charge on it, I worked with my credit card company to do a chargeback. Having their money taken back finally got their attention.

However, here I still sit, 48 days after first ordering this item, waiting fo them to deliver the exchanged range. They said it would come in the morning; at 11;30 I called delivery, to find that a "glitch in the system" kept it from going out.

Despite the individual efforts of some people I worked with there (and you never of course work with the same person) to sincerely make thing right, I believe that LOWES is really the glitch in the system. Shop Menards, shop Home Depot; just please, don't give them your business!

Teri Tutak
Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm EDT

Please never use Lowes, it will become a nightmare. My husband & I wasted 3 days waiting for delivery of new appliances for our new residence . And we still do not know when they will arrive. I honestly have not ever experienced such incompetent assistance dealing with so many different individuals. I feel Lowe's is responsible for the delivery of their products. I want my new appliances, at this point they are being held hostage. Thank you Lowes!

B
6:09 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lowe's did not honor coupon

Lowes's sent me an email for 10% off on any purchase I made good through 2/24/2011. I printed out the coupon but the barcode would not print. I tried several ways to get the barcode to print but had no success. I took the printed page into the store and requested the manager to authorize my 10% off and explained that my computer would not print the barcode. Every other part of the coupon printed perfectly. The manager, "Amy" told me to either use someone else's computer to try to print the barcode, or go to the public library to try to print the coupon. I found these suggested alternatives to be both insulting and annoying since I have spent several thousand dollars at their store in the last 8 months doing a whole-house remodel of my home. In spite of my attempts to reason with them over this, neither the managers, "John", "Amy", or customer service clerk, "Ashton" would bother to accomodate me, a very good customer in their store. I asked "Amy" to pull up my buying data in the store's data base to see how much I have spent there and she did. She then insulted me further by saying that my records show "various detail items" purchased in the last year. I DO NOT CONSIDER SPENDING OVER TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS AT THEIR STORE TO BE "VARIOUS DETAIL ITEMS". I am very upset over this experience today and will plan on making HOME DEPOT my new store of choice for my remaining remodel purchases.

Betty Deutsch
34 Scarlet Drive
Belleville, IL 62220
email: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

6:02 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lowe's out of stock tool

I bought 2 Cobalt Multi drive wrenches w/inte product no.105129 on December 19, 2010 and I was told there were 6 in stock so I bought 2 of them using my Lowes charge card. I called tghe store 1/13/11 and they told me they are still not in stock. Now this was my third call for theses items that were a christmas gift. My was I told they were in stock and not reserved for me and also my did I ALREADY PAY for these item and not received them. I feel Lowes has let me down GREATLY. I have spent thousands of dollars in this store and other surrounding Lowes stores. I feel at this time I should receive the tolls and also be compensated for the delay and also being lied too

7:44 pm EST

Lowe's unethical employee behavior

I purchased a lot of home improvement items at the Lowes store in Bryant, AR. I was in AR for a short period of time for the purpose of doing home repairs. I own some rental properties and am a single woman in my 50's. On one of my visits to Lowes, one of the employees, Jeff Bowers, a manager of the home improvement dept, handed me his business card "No Job too Small." He told me he would help me with my projects. I asked him how much he charged for his work. His reply was, "What ever you can afford." I called him for an appointment to come out and help me with replacing door locks, broken windows, installing faucets and other necessary repairs. In the beginning he was nice and did do the repairs. He became more demanding about what he wanted in payment after he repaired something. He also made inappropriate remarks about what I was wearing and how nice I looked in my pants. I explained to him that I was there trying to get my property repaired and that I wanted to keep our relationship as a business one. He began to make numerous excuses for not showing up when we had appointments. I had a dead line which he was well aware of. He knew that I had to return to my home in another state and had a return flight ticket. He did not finish the jobs that he had told me he would do. He caused me to waste 2 weeks of my precious time waiting on him to "get back to me." I had already paid him in advance to paint a porch. He would come out to my property where a young female tenant was residing. She told me he would just show up there and stay all day. She told me that he would knock on her door for no reason and she became intimidated.
I complained to the manager at Lowes and he never called me or followed through with my complaint.

D
7:44 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lowe's - lowe's protection plan sucks

I purchased a Samsung stackable washer/dryer from Lowe's in October 2009. I had purchased the extended 4 year warranty. In December of 2010 the dryer stopped working. It took them 10 business days to get a service tech over here to tell me it was a broken belt. He said 7-10 more days to get the part. After 7 days of no communication I called Lowe's service...

Read full review of Lowe's and 7 comments

Lowe's In-depth Review

Overall Rating: Lowe's is a top-notch home improvement store that offers a wide range of products and services to meet all your needs. With its excellent customer service, convenient store layout, and high-quality products, Lowe's deserves a solid 5-star rating.

Product Selection: Lowe's boasts an impressive selection of products, ranging from tools and hardware to appliances and home decor. Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a professional contractor, you'll find everything you need to complete your projects with ease.

Pricing: While Lowe's may not always have the lowest prices in town, they do offer competitive pricing on most items. Plus, they frequently run promotions and discounts, allowing you to save even more on your purchases.

Customer Service: Lowe's excels in customer service, with friendly and knowledgeable staff members who are always ready to assist you. Whether you need help finding a specific product or advice on a home improvement project, the staff at Lowe's will go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction.

Store Layout and Organization: Lowe's stores are well-organized and easy to navigate, making your shopping experience a breeze. The aisles are clearly labeled, and the products are neatly displayed, making it simple to find what you're looking for.

Online Shopping Experience: Lowe's website offers a seamless online shopping experience. The website is user-friendly, with a search function that allows you to quickly find the products you need. The checkout process is smooth, and the delivery options are convenient.

Delivery and Shipping: Lowe's provides reliable and efficient delivery and shipping services. Whether you choose to have your items delivered to your doorstep or pick them up at a nearby store, you can expect prompt and professional service.

Return Policy: Lowe's has a generous return policy, allowing you to return most items within 90 days of purchase. With a valid receipt, you can receive a full refund or exchange for your returned items, making it easy to shop with confidence.

Loyalty Program: Lowe's offers a loyalty program called "Lowe's Advantage," which provides exclusive benefits to its members. With this program, you can earn points on your purchases, receive personalized offers, and enjoy special financing options.

In-store Experience: Shopping at Lowe's is a pleasant experience, thanks to its clean and well-maintained stores. The staff is readily available to assist you, and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and conducive to a productive shopping trip.

Quality of Products: Lowe's is committed to offering high-quality products that meet the needs and expectations of its customers. From trusted brands to their own private label products, you can trust that the items you purchase from Lowe's will be durable and reliable.

Availability of Stock: Lowe's strives to maintain a well-stocked inventory, ensuring that the products you need are readily available. In the rare event that an item is out of stock, the staff will assist you in finding a suitable alternative or provide information on when the item will be restocked.

Expertise and Knowledge of Staff: The staff at Lowe's is highly knowledgeable and experienced in their respective fields. Whether you have questions about a specific product or need advice on a home improvement project, you can rely on the expertise of the staff to provide accurate and helpful information.

Promotions and Discounts: Lowe's frequently offers promotions and discounts, allowing you to save money on your purchases. From seasonal sales to clearance events, you can always find great deals at Lowe's.

Environmental Sustainability: Lowe's is committed to environmental sustainability and offers a range of eco-friendly products and initiatives. From energy-efficient appliances to sustainable building materials, Lowe's provides options for customers who prioritize sustainability.

Community Involvement: Lowe's actively engages with the community through various initiatives and partnerships. They support local organizations and contribute to community development projects, making them a socially responsible company.

Accessibility and Convenience: Lowe's stores are conveniently located and easily accessible, ensuring that customers can easily find and visit their nearest store. Additionally, the stores are designed to accommodate individuals with disabilities, providing a comfortable and inclusive shopping experience.

Mobile App Experience: Lowe's mobile app offers a seamless shopping experience on the go. With the app, you can browse products, check prices, and make purchases with ease. The app also provides access to exclusive deals and promotions.

Payment Options: Lowe's offers a variety of payment options, including major credit cards, debit cards, and Lowe's store credit cards. They also accept mobile payment methods, making it convenient for customers to pay for their purchases.

Competitor Comparison: When compared to its competitors, Lowe's stands out for its extensive product selection, excellent customer service, and commitment to quality. While some competitors may offer lower prices, Lowe's overall shopping experience and range of services make it a preferred choice for many customers.

How to file a complaint about Lowe's?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Lowe's. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Lowe's Appliance Purchase" or "Delayed Delivery of Lowe's Online Order".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Lowe's. Mention key areas such as customer service, product quality, delivery, pricing discrepancies, or any other relevant aspects. Include specific details about transactions, such as dates, amounts, and item descriptions. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any inconveniences or problems it caused. If you attempted to resolve the issue with Lowe's, outline the steps you took and the responses received from the company. Explain how the issue has personally affected you, whether it be time lost, frustration, or financial impact.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photographs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with Lowe's. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation or resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description of the issue is easy to understand.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve the issue with Lowe's.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Lowe's contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Lowe's?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lowe's Customer Service. Initial Lowe's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lowe's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lowe's. Discuss the issues you have had with Lowe's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.