General Electric Logo

General Electric

Having problems with General Electric?

General Electric Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 626 2005 (Appliance Shopping)
+1 877 959 8688 (Parts & Filters)
+1 800 432 2737 (Service & Repair)
+1 800 435 4448 (Lighting Customer Service)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 281 448 4410 (Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances/Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 617 443 3000 (Headquarters)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Electric Customer Service. Initial General Electric complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Electric above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Electric. Discuss the issues you have had with General Electric and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

General ElectricPortable Dishwasher

New portable GE dishwasher worked only one time. Service repairman arrived today and said entire panel needs to be replaced, and it will take 7-10 days to order the replacement part. This is unacceptable.

Model GPT225SGL0WW

Los Angeles, CA 90066
[protected]

General Electricdryer

Appliance numbers: GTD65EBPL0DG and AM855695C

My dryer broke just before thanksgiving 2020. Freds appliance, who the product was bought from, took 2 weeks to come out and look at it. They said it was the main board. They ordered it then. It has been well over 6 weeks, with a warranty through GE, and NOTHING. we have not gotten the part, no ETA on when its coming, or any tracking information. Every time information is requested, they say it was sent to GE and still. NOTHING. very very upset and will not be ordering GE products or there "warranty" ever again. We have had to use our neighbors dryer since it broke, causing fees for gas and usage since then.

General ElectricDishwasher

Appliance is a few months old, however problem dates from the very first use.
      Problem One : It does not wash the dishes very well. ( not I have owned at least five dishwashers.)

Problem Two: It does not dry dishes. We have tried every cycle and setting. The next morning we find the dishes warm but wet.

So we have to wash the dishes before they go into dishwasher and then hand dry them when finished. What a wonderful time saver.
      BOTTOM LINE: Your dishwasher is frankly junk.

General ElectricRefg top frezzer

Keep short yeah new delivery nov. 24 ?? Set up making noise ask people deliverwd oh no problem will quite down no has not call ge. Said. Go back were you bought. Home depot laughed no extended warranty bye nothing call ge get service date finial no one shows up call sorry wrong time ?? Bs 5 HR window set new sercice call this one shows knows nothing does nothing no paperwork no uniforms nothing. Now new service call guess what no show local app com didnt get schd in timr bs okay now waiting outvog tucson still nothing no calls nothing iam still listeing to it louder and louder crazy starting up loud new thankks given started this and nothing is being done i wish the head co had in his house i have 4 times of work for your window 2 no shows delivery late one service man who was brain dead still putting up witjh all this would you nobody would is wish to speak with manger who is real do you have one call me please lets talk no put on hold till phone dies [protected]

General ElectricGE Model # PDT8555SIJ211

Service call on 10/30 (confirmation # [protected]); damaged electronic panel needs to be replaced. Service man ordered the part, found that it was back ordered with expected delivery date of December 19 (today). No part has arrived and there has been no word from GE.
          I called [protected] and learned that the NEW delivery date is now JANUARY 25th, nearly 3 months from the initial order!
          So:
          --complaint #1: why such a long wait?
          --complaint #2: why wasn't I notified about the New delivery date?
          --complaint #3: GE has no way to register complaints online, AFAIK.

Desired Resolution: some indication that GE is aware of these deficiencies and is spending time and money to correct them ASAP.

• Do
              Donnie Berry Dec 23, 2020

Wow this is news to me i have heard norhing on parts nothing till January listening to this damm thing if last that long nono no replaced get it out of here new one lets try again rhis is getting really old. That service man was said undetemed problem what an idiot

General Electricge stacked washer/dryer

I bought this appliance june 2, 2020 and I bet I haven't had a working machine but only 2 weeks since that time!!! The first machine was replaced with the current non-working machine. A repair person from a&e came out and tried to fix, but was unable to. Had to order part, which was delivered to my apartment the first of november. A&e was scheduled to come out nov.27, 2020 but never showed. I am 74 years old and this has created a big problem. The model # is gud27essm1ww and serial number lr002347c. My conf. # [protected]. I have tried calling ge and am told I need to call a&e and a&e is a recording that says to call ge. What ever happend to people! I truly am a unhappy customer.

General ElectricBuilt in oven failure

I purchase a new home in 2019, closing at the end of July. I specified GE appliances to be installed in the home (an upgrade I paid extra for). The built in oven included in the purchase did not hold a temperature while cooking. After many service trips, the trouble was not fixed. After over of year of not working, our builder was able to get a replacement oven installed on 11-25-20. That oven has had a F( failure code appear and does not work AT ALL! Now, I am at the holidays with no working oven...

I did schedule a service call but it is not until 12-9. I really need a functioning oven to cook. At this point, I am not sure anyone at GE cares...

Please resend if you do!

General ElectricTrash compactor

Purchased in 2020 from Nebraska Furniture Mart - defective and they replaced. Warranty mail in 02/13/2020. Stopped working 10/2020 and have been trying to get service as we're under warranty. The system does NOT work. Appointment on 11/14/2020 which I was never notified of, had to call the 800 # to hear that appointment was scheduled. Service man came but couldn't pull unit out. He told me to reschedule. Handy man came that day and had no problem pulling out. Rescheduled by GE for another service call 2 weeks later 11/27/2020 between 8 and 12. No phone call, no email, just a no-show. Have spent about 30 minutes on phone - the 800 GE line tells me the appointment is now 12/5/2020 - no notification of change - no phone call - no email. 11/27/2020 Appointment # [protected]. SVC Appliance Repair is the service vendor-[protected] Terrible experience. GE is rescheduling with another service provider. Warranty may expire before.

Nov 27, 2020

General Electric — ge profile (tm) 30 free-standing electric double o

On 9/12/20, I purchased an oven, fridge, dishwasher and microwave from Keith's Appliances, Norwich, CT...

General ElectricCafe electric induction range

Delivered Oct 7, 2020 but did not plug in for a couple weeks. When we did it was wonderful along with the Cafe Microwave. We went to use it the next night and had to turn the oven on for the cooktop to work. Called service had to wait 2 weeks and service man came with a new mother board except it was not the correct one because the oven works cooktop does not. He called GE Service only to be told there are 5 more boards that are in this stove. Apparently he was going to order all of them but had no idea when they will come in and when the stove will be fixed. This is horrible cannot even cook on the stove. Pretty bad when you have a brand new stove and this amount of money and it worked only twice. Since we do not know what will happen with this stove after the 1 year warrenty I feel that GE should be issuing me the extended warrenty as a precaution against future problems. This is a lot of money for something that may not even work till who knows when.

Nov 09, 2020

General Electric — GE washer defective from beginning and months between repairs that last days

I purchased GE model GTWN4250D2W5 serial number GF902442G from Home Depot with delivery 5/2/2015. By July...

General ElectricWater heater

I waited a week for an appointment for the GE tech to come out and fix or replace my water heater since it is still under warranty until 2022, took the day off work, boarded my dogs and they did not show up. When I called to find out what happened they operator said the tech cancel because they don't fix water heaters. I was then told to call GE consumer relations. My appointment time was 1 - 5pm. I called at 2:30 just to see where the tech was. They said it was too early to check. Not a word about they were not even coming. Or why did they even schedule me an appointment or even put a warranty on a product they had no intention of replacing or fixing.

General ElectricComplaint about my stove ge 24" electric freestanding range with removable storage drawer stainless steel - jcas640rm2ss

I purchased the above stone for my rental unit early this year. tested it briefly and seemed fine. with the pandemic we did not rent. recently we have wanted to rent and tested again and realized that the control panel with the knobs gets super hot when the oven is on. I had burned my hand. a technician came and said the model is faulty. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have called GE multiple times and they take the message but can't seem to do much about it saying that the technician hasn't filled the report. Ridiculous

General ElectricDishwasher

This dishwasher is defective and has caused major water damage to my kitchen cabinets and flooring. A plumber said the coils were too hot and melted a piece that kept the water inside the dishwasher, causing the dishwasher to leak from the inside, so it wasn't noticeable until major damage occurred. The coils also melted the basket inside the dishwasher as well

Dishwasher

General ElectricWashing machine model gtw335asn0ww service.

Washing machine is not being repaired by service technician. I have been waiting for 3 hours and 15 min for a call back from general electric rep. My washer broke 2 mos ago and has not been repaired. The company that came out could not fix it and told me to contact ge as of yesterday wed, september 30th 2020. I have been without my washer and need answers as to what ge is going to do. C ase # [protected]

Sep 11, 2020

General Electric — Dishwasher

I was sold a lemon / paperweight dishwasher. It was delivered in April 2020. I have spent more time on the...

General Electricge stackable washer/dryer

We bought the unit from Home Depot on June 1, 2020. It was delivered on June 18th but we were not able to install it until the following week. After using it for about 6 weeks my husband noted that the washer tub was rusting about 3-4 inches from the top. This is supposed to be a stainless steel tub and last I knew stainless does not rust. We called and GE sent out a serviceman who said he would have to replace the tub so he ordered one to be delivered here the following week which was Aug 21st. By Thursday we had not received the tub so my husband called and they showed that the tub was scheduled for delivery on the 28th of Sept. He got that info corrected and we received the tub on the 22nd. The repairman came today and he could not get the tub out so he leaves and takes the new tub with him. We will not be satisfied until the entire unit is replaced. Should not have to call service for rust after 6 weeks on a stainless tub. The repairman did give me a cleaning solution recipe I could use to get rid of the rust but that is unacceptable.

• Mr
                                Mr. Helpful Aug 29, 2020

I'd like to see if I can help.

Is there any documentation that guarantees our even may suggest the entire unit should be replaced as opposed to being serviced?

Aug 07, 2020

General Electric — Portable washing machine

Good afternoon, I need help with a problem I've had for over a month now. I keep sending GE, some...

Aug 07, 2020

General Electric — Dryer and washing machine

In September [protected]) I bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's in Appleton Wisconsin and took them...

Jul 21, 2020

General Electric — GE dishwasher model #gdf630psm0ss

The GE Dishwasher was installed in our new home on 1/17/2019. The dishwasher was noted leaking and a GE...