Having problems with Lowe's?

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
P.O. Box 1111
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

epp

I doubt any of you read your terms and conditions. Many of you don't even know how insurance / warranties / contracts work, but you'll b***h and moan about the service that your not paying for. Next time, don't buy the plan, wait just as long for service, and pay for it yourself. The plan basically is there to pay for the service.

I used to work for service advantage, and guess what. . 90% of you have absolutely no idea what you were covered for, or what you were actually entitled too. Thats not our fault, thats your fault. I've bought plans, and since i am an educated consumer, who takes the time to know what i'm buying, i've never had a problem getting things fixed through warranties or contracts.

And to those of you who think calling and screaming will get things accomplished. . . I have news for you. It wont!!! The plan is not there to make special exceptions. And everyone wants a special exception. The plan is not there to replace your machine because of your situation. And if you would take the time to read the terms and conditions you'd know when you're eligible for replacement. I got so damn sick and tired of being disrespected every single day. Especially when i have went over above and beyond for many of you to make sure your "problems" were taken care of. I have received numerous commendations from people and you know why. . . They let me help them.

That's the problem. You don't let us help you. And what's with raising hell when the representative you talk to doesn't give you their last name or other personal information? Company policy prohibits them from giving that out. And even if they could, it would still be a personal choice. There is nothing saying they would have to give you that information. That is information that you do not need to have.

• Jj
    JJ1960 Jan 12, 2012

Uuhh, yea I read the terms and conditions of the extended warranty plan I bought and it was still a waste of money. WHY ?? Because of the incompetent warranty company personnel; that's why. Treated like a customer ?? He _ _ no !! Collect a pay check whether the person on the other end gets their product fixed or not. Extended warranty plans are a WASTE !! Ponzi Scheme if you ask me. Feeding the pockets of the incompetent !! Save your money and pick your own service tech if/whgen the time comes your product needs servicing. At least then you can control who is going to work on your item and can determine if they know what customer service means. I'm certain extended warranty company personnel can't even spell customer service. You were berated probably because you derserved it !!

• Mi
    michael louridas Oct 24, 2012

I tried to contact any body t fix my C2000hp printer, 3 hours on the phone with some one from India, Could not understand his broken English, he gave up I gave up every body gave up. Thats one of hell way to run a business. No more hp products for me.

• Mi
    michael louridas Oct 24, 2012

Try hiring people from the U.S.A., You will hold on to your customer longer.
    They also wanted me to bring in a tech. person at $180. This could all be done over the phone with a American tech.

• Al
    alanl715 Feb 07, 2014

Extended warranties are a Rule no longer an Exception.
    Gotta purchase them on everything --- TV, electronics, appliances
    nothing lasts 20 years like it used to.
    We are an authorized servicenter in Corpus Christi, Tx
    and I have never encountered a negative on ANY extended
    warranty we have ever dealt with...and we work for Lowes,
    HDepot, BBuy, Sams, Amazon, and Walmart.
    We also sell warranties by Warrantech.
    Got a problem ? Call us 361-857-7236

combination windows

I ordered aluminum combination windows from the Stevens Point store and paid for delivery. The department manager took my order. He screwed it up. I still have the paper with my measurements to prove he was at fault for ordering windows that were to short. He refused to order the proper sized windows and take the short ones back, but he did arrange to send me expander strips at no cost. He stated he was too experienced to have made such a mistake. When he found out I had proof he made the mistake he became rude, disappeared, and I had to deal with underlings until I received the expander strips in the mail. Now, a month later, the snow is falling and I am freezing my butt off installing the windows. Yes it's late in the fall, but it took me a over a month to get the expander strips.

poor installation of pergo flooring

November 2009 purchased over $4, 000 in pergo flooring and installation.Contractor started mid November and...

bad service

Lowes installers have proven to be not well trained at thier job...for a 2 hour job it went on for 5 hours...and still not complete apromise to return on the 5th at 8am is the best i could do.

thr frustration and inconvenience this has caused has been over the top..This has happened twice with Lowes..I like the store and its products, but I am now afraid of the installers. I just spent a thousand dollars there on two purchases..most of it in cash..and this is what I get!!

• Valerie Oct 16, 2008

How great of Lowes to pride themselves on a gurantee competitor Price Match. However, they are NOT willing to price match their own Store. That's right one Lowes has one price and the other Lowes a couple of miles down the road has another price - and guess what - they will NOT match it. So - I will take my business to your competitor instead.

• Valerie Oct 24, 2008

FOUR MONTHS AND STILL NO QUOTE!

June 15 I went to Lowes to purchase three, yes, three storm doors. Customer service in store was awful, but I'm a busy professional and my need for doors allowed me to overlook the lack of service in your new South Chicago City location.

I was told that I did not need to be home to have my storm doors measure. The crew measured. I went into the store the day after the crew measured � hard to get help and when I did, I was told no measurements were there and I would receive a call.

I never heard a word and called back a month or two later. Instead of measuring three doors, they measured one. The gentleman I spoke with promised to send his best person out. Again, at least a month passed and I never heard a word.

I called 1.5 weeks ago and again I was promised by Tom, the sales manager that he would take care of me. He did get someone out the next business day which was a week ago today, Monday. Tuesday Cora called to ask if I�d been measured, I told her yes and my long story. She said someone would call me back�.never happened.

Tonight I called and asked for millwork. I was on hold for 7 minutes before I called back and asked for store manager.

It was no surprise that when I did ask for store manager, the woman on the phone told me that it would be a while because three other customers were waiting to speak with her. Imagine that!

The phone attendant asked me what I needed so that she could prep the store manager while I waited, when I told her, she transferred me to Cora. Cora did recall speaking with me last week, but instead of working to get me a price and helping me to get three storm doors that I have been trying to purchase for FOUR MONTHS, she insisted that I stay with my original sales rep who I did not recall and who obviously forgot about me. She insisted. I asked to speak with the manager.

I finally got to speak with Tracy who promised someone would call me back��

Why should I purchase from Lowes now? Why should I have to go through any hassle of getting my deposit back from you or returning the hardware for the storm doors that I can not BEG you to sell me? Where is the SERVICE in your South Chicago City Lowes store!

Still in need of three storm doors!

• Ju
    justin Nov 30, 2008

That's what you get for chasing after the LOWESt PRICE. Next time spend a little more money at a local store, and you'll get what you need in a timely manner. And you'll be pleased with the service. You think they pay that much less than the local businesses for the SAME products? They just pay their people less so they can afford the low prices. Poor moral=poor service. If you want superior customer service, then stop shopping at national franchises that would rather sell you a product for less than they pay just to put a local business under the ground. Don't believe that they do that? Make friends with someone who works there. They'll tell you they have hundreds of products that they LOSE money on. Even things like 2x4's and drywall.

• Ce
    Cerberus047 Sep 01, 2009

Hmm i work at a lowes and I found that odd. I know customers I encounter everyday want a price match at another lowes store, and we have no problem giving it to them. We dont normally like to do the additional 10%, but if you ask most employees would be glad to give it to you. I find it odd that lowes in the same city have different prices on the same product. I have not encountered things like that. The people who ask me to price match are from way out of town, so i call the store to verify and then give them the price match.

• Fo
    Forest May 17, 2010

I have paid 4762.32 for windows from your company. i was suppose to get windows install last week which was the end of april. i was told the windows would be install starting may4th. today is may 5th. the worker promise me he would be here at 8:30a.m. 0n may 5th. it is 9:38 on may 5th i have not heard from the wroker yet. i got a call about an hour ago from lowes north in dothan, al. telling me the windows had left the store heading to ozark. no windows as of 9:41a.m.windows was estimated to be completed by 7-16-2010. i ordered the windows on 4-16-2010. it does not take two hours to get to my house from lowes north in dothan, al.

Jam Jun 22, 2010

The military id issued to me had no picture on it, I offered two different military id, s and a driving license with picture. You should either offer veterans a discount, or do away with it. Do not advertise like you are going to give discounts, then come up with some silly reason as not having your picture - what is wrong with picture on driving license.s, shame on lowes. This happened to me at lowes, franklin square in gastonia today June 8, 2010. The lady, s name is unknown to me, she opened a register to clear a line.

Drill chuck holder Jul 13, 2012

I tried to call lowes store in Neosho Mo.I was put on hold forever.When I finnially talked to someone and they weren't able to find it and transferred me endlessly.I asked to speak to a manager and got the the Same roundabout.Nevergot what I wanted .I'm very up set.I called the Joplin store they were nice and let me talk To a manager and he gave me half off $.46 cents. Since I had to Come to Joplin.So Neosho sucks and Joplin is great. Thanks dw

Bad service

Service was bad

waiting for free nail gun for one month

Sale paper advertisement stated buy 12 inch Hitachi dual miter saw and get a 2 inch Hitachi brad nailer free.We went to the Lowe's store before sale was over which was Sept 23.They said we could pick up nail gun on October 01.I called a week after pickup date and they said it had not come in.Then on October 9 we went to Lowe's and ask why it was taking so long.They called store on Dallas hwy and they had 4 at that store but they said we could not get one there, we would have to wait until they got some at that store.I explained to girl at inf desk we really needed it on the 9 but she said we would just have to wait.She was talking to someone named mark on the phone in store.The store where we bought this is on east west connector in Austell, Ga.We have bought many things in Lowe's including my Freezer, so I would appreciate an explanation on my email.( [protected]@yahoo.com. )We are very disappointed and was in Statesboro, Ga this past weekend and mentioned the way the Lowe's here in Austell has treated this matter.As of today Oct 17 we have heard nothing.We are very disappointed at the way this has been handled.Janet Willoughby.

• Wo
    wotcustomerservice Apr 26, 2011

If it's something you need, and you can (allegedly) get a free one WITH the purchase of another item you need, do you go off and spend the extra cash on something you *could* get for free, or do you expect a store to have enough to cover each item they have for sale in the deal? She bought the required item, they should have had a nail gun in stock for each item in the flyer! Let me see if I can spell it out for you: This store has 20 miter saws on sale, therefore they should have on hand 20 nail guns to go with those saws, as per their ad. Now that they're also giving her the run-around and ignoring her, they have actually committed FRAUD.

• Ca
    caiti Jun 18, 2011

When you see those magic words but this get this free everyone suddenly needs one. We give rainchecks but they're called "pick up laters" you but it now and pick it up later. You have to wait for the item to come in...just like every other customer in the state who ordered one. Hitachi couldn't keep up with the demand so everyone had to wait... if you didn't like it then why wouldn't you get a refund and purchase another kind?

declined check

on 10/25/10 we went into Lowe's to get some tools and other home repair items. My check was declined. I called Certegy and did speak with a real person who stated that my check fit a profile for fraud. They wouldn't authorize the check. This was ludicrous to me because I write personal checks at Home Depot, Nordstroms, Target or where ever. I do not write bad checks. I had never heard of these people before. I am now afraid to write a check. The representative suggested I use a more "secure" method of payment like credit card debit card or cash. I felt that she was a fool because those methods of payment are the most insecure. In fact my debit card was "skimmed" a couple of times. I could get knocked in the head for cash and credit cards have unreasonable fees attached to them. Cathy the rep told me there was no negative check writing history. So what's up with this? I submitted my driver's license.

wont help disabled people load

I am 100 percent disabled I was refused service at lowes after hours of trying to get some one to load my...

I was made fun asking for help

After buying the blackflag Extreme home insect control from lowes in hollister mo.

I contacted the company that made the product.

I told them the product did not work they advised me to return it to lowes.

At the service desk a employee ask how can i help you.

I explained my problem with ants in side of my home.

He stated to me that the experts and he will help.I told him and these two women the problem. the laughed at me saying we do not have ants in there homes.

i am disabled in a riding cart.All three of these employees made fun of me because for having ants.the never helped me and never returned my money on this product. not a very nice to shop.Ps. this is a Guaranteed or your money back product.

bad experience

On September 6th I purchased a Rubbermaid shed at lowes.com with a designated store at Nanuet, NY. For 3 weeks I have been trying to get this shed delivered to my house. During that time I needed to constantly initiate calls to the store, follow up and stay on top of things, only to find out, time after time, that customer service is a phrase that Lowes is not familiar with. For them I was no more than one annoying customer that they were trying to get off their back.

do not use lowe's for windows

Don't waste your time, money, and sanity - Lowe's is a nightmare. I had them replace a large window...

stay away

In March 2010, I purchased a John Deere Lawn Mower. After three cuts, the discharge a assembly melted apart, I took it to Tonys Repair shop on 2400 North Harlem in Chicago. While cutting grass after a heavy rain hit submerged pipe and bent the shaft and blade accidently, to find that the part was not covered by warranty, A BRAND NEW LAWN MOWER INOPERABLE, very disappointed in companys policy in warranties, no consideration of replacement of lawn mower. Also I am disappointed in the quality of the lawn mower, any and all consideration would be greatly appreciated. I was coerced into purchasing this lawn mower by the salesman #1273647 not only did I purchase the lawn mower I also purchased the extended warranty to cover any possible damages. Money as you know is very hard to come by and personally I dont or cant afford to throw away $563.19. Please rectify this situation as quickly as possible. A PISSED OFF CONSUMER.

• Ju
    JustHelping Sep 17, 2010

I am an employee for Lowe's and regarding returning/exchanging the product, all power equipment is subject to a 30 day return policy. After that you must contact the manufacturer for possible repairs or replacement parts, they may even suggest a place you can take it to and send it out for repair. You will need to speak with them to receive more information. The extended protection plan kicks in AFTER the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Sm
    SmileySunshine Dec 02, 2010

First off...I understand your frustration about the discharge assembly melting.
    Secondly you hit a pipe. Of course that is not going to be covered.
    If I buy a car from you and hit a telephone pole on the way home should you have to fix it?
    Of course not. In my personal opinion I own a John Deere and will never buy any other model.

The extended warranties are fanatstic. As long as it is a manufacturer defect you are covered.They come and pick it up for you and redeliver it for no charge. Also you get reimbursed for your maintenance parts. Thats why the extened warranty through Lowes starts the day you purchased it. It covers the manufacturers warranty and so much more. Truely the extended warranty is worth it.

Once again as for your accident. It was your accident and not the mowers.

lowes credit card

What a scam the Lowes No Payment/No Interest credit card is! It sounds great to the consumer in this time of need to purchase items for their home improvement at no interest for 6 months to a year but what they do is charge you all the interest at 23% from day 1 if the entire amount is not paid in full! Even if you have been making monthly payments.

I received a statement 1 month with a $500 finance charge!

Shady business. Shame on these credit card companies for doing this to people in this hard economic times.

I will NEVER shop at Lowes ever again. Thousands and thousands of dollars I spent there, never again!

• Mr
    MRad1976 Sep 10, 2010

Thank you for the comment. The reason I am upset is because I was making monthly payments above and beyond the minumum, never once late and they went back to day 1 and charged me interest from full amount. It is my fault for not understanding that part but it's ashame that these credit card companies are doing this. They should charge interests on the balance after the 12 months in my opinion.

• Fm
    fmustangsncats Feb 02, 2012

I got a Lowe's credit card back in March of 2011 and purchased a washer and dryer. I had been faithfully making payments, plus paying extra to get it paid off before the 12 months/same as cash deal was up. Then, a few months later, I purchased a few other things for 12 months same as cash. Then, a few months ago, I purchased laminate flooring for 18 months same as cash. When I make my payments and EXTRA, this money is being distributed amongst ALL balances, not the one that's due by March 20, 2011!! At this rate, no, the balance due March 20, 2011 will never be paid off. This way they can go back and charge interest from day one, and still get their money. When I make extra payments, I want this put towards the balance coming due FIRST! Otherwise, why am I bothering?? I plan to call them today and go rounds with them. I know they will have some excuse and aren't going to budge. BEWARE!!! Lowe's credit card deals are a scam!!

• Fo
    ForrestCo Nov 19, 2012

Also, whatever you do never-ever use your Lowes credit card to carry no-interest promo purchase AND make regular 5% Lowes Card discount purchases. It’s OK to do one or the other but never carry both together. The reason is because when you make a monthly payment, even if it’s above the minimum amount due, even if the payment is enough to cover the 5% discounted purchases in full for that billing period plus the amount to cover any minimum amount due for the no-interest promo purchases, the amount paid for that billing period will be proportionately divided among all of your outstanding credit purchases. This will leave a balance due on the regular 5%-discount purchases which incurs an interest charge which easily offsets any 5% discount saving.

The same goes for returns. If you make a return of an item purchased on your Lowes credit card, and let’s say the item was purchased taking the 5% discounted regular-purchase deal, the return credit will be proportionately divided among your outstanding balances on both interest free-promo purchase and regular purchases. For this reason, your regular purchases balance will be higher that you would expect which will undoubtedly incur unexpected interest charges. In the last two to three years since I’ve had my Lowes credit card featuring the 5% discount deal, I have incurred more interest charges and been on the phone with GE Capital customer service than I have with all the other credit-cards that I’ve carry for over the last 30+years combined. Except for long term no interest promo deals, I always pay every credit-card in-full monthly since I have carried a credit card. With the Lowes Card, I would think that I was paying enough to not incur any interest charges, but for the above highly obscured reasons, I found that I was wrong. I even one had the GE Capital customer-service rep tell me that she wished that the payment credit terms were spelled out clearly as it would make her job easier. GE Capital not only needs to spell out the terms clearly on their website and on the printed statement, but also needs to allow the customer to direct which portion of your payment gos to pay down which purchases.

I did finally solve this problem today. I paid the total amount in full, even though I carried a number of interest-free promos with lot of time left, but it’s just is not worth the hassle of dealing with Lowes and GE Capital’s deceptive practices. From now on I’ll use my Discover Card do most of home improvement shopping at Home Depot and Ace, and Lowes can keep their so-call deals.

Mark Siegfried Dec 20, 2012

I have the same problem with lowes. they charged me $1400 interest on a 4000 purchase in 6 months. I paid them $3000 and still owe them $3000, by the time I pays them off I will have been cheated out of $5000. This can't be legal. I think I'll just stop paying on the card and let them keep calliong me for the rest of my life. I will never buy another item from Lowes as long as I live. Mass law suit is in order . Please somebody get one going. These people are our enemies, they are the ones responsible for our economy.

• Na
    Nataliakorrr Dec 29, 2013

The Lowes credit service is using deceptive practices! Im contacting the better business bureau regarding the fact that they negate to give you a monthly summery on all your purchases . By doing that it leaves the consumer in the dark about what they purchased and also an account of the dollar amounts . By grouping the non interest account with the regular purchase amounts you cant figure out what your individual balances are. Every other credit card company gives you a monthly purchase account. Your unable to screen if your cards been tampered with if you cant see the activity. They are scamming many elderly people and women. Woman are the largest consumer group using Lowes. They need to be accountable to these practices! Please join to sue the company! [email protected]

• Di
    Disgusted at this practice Oct 01, 2014

Just got hit with 1400.00 in interest charges on a promo for a fridge that ran me over 3000.00. I paid all my payments plus extra and they put it towards purchases made after the fact instead of principal. Absolutely disgusting practice. Bad enough my house flooded from Sandy, now we have to deal with this disaster!

run by idiots that don't help

Recently at the Local Lowes I was looking For a piece of wire. After standing at the gigantic spool pressing...

kills batteries

We purchased 2 Harbor Breeze fans with remotes. I bought Energizer A23 Batteries, I have a home battery checker, both batteries showed excellent condition. I put them in the remotes and they both died within a day. I bought more bateries and they died with a day. I know it isn't the batteries, so it has to be something with the remotes. How can I get help on this?? Batteries are not cheap.

pergo floor

About 2 years ago I purchased several thousand dollars worth of Pergo and labor to install from Lowes. My husband was very ill at this time but the floors needed to be done. The store associates told me it was warrantied against pets, said nothing about it being a problem if a drop of water were to penetrate the seam but assured me I would be very happy with my choice. I have near 3000sq ft home with all but 2 floors being replaced with Pergo. Including my laundry room and kitchen. #1) After installing I found small chips at the very corned of some of the slabs #2 There was an area where they placed it incorrectly and replaced it which looks like a mending job #3 Door frame slabs broke or cracked within a week on two frames (sales manager told me she had this in her home and the door frame pieces were cheap and another manager told me my sliding door might have caused it to break. The door is at least 1" to 1 1/2" above floor.) #4 scratches were found on floor after Pergo inspectors came to evaluate. I had one Pergo inspector come in and there was no conclusive decision (to my knowledge) made. Another was called (at my request) and that is when I was given the final word they Pergo) would not stand behind there warranty because my dogs scratched the floor. So having that said Lowes would not do anything about it either. I had another floor contractor come in and he said they should have replaced the floor. But as I said at the time my husband was very sick and I coud not take the ttime to fight them with it any longer. Had I known about this site I would have placed my complaint long ago. I now am very anti warrenty replacemets. But I do make a verbal announcement to people I talk with about Lowes and Pergo. I know I have cost them 'several' thousands of dollars. I am not happy I have but I am satasfied.

a horrible store manager

I have been in this business for more than 7 years. I originally came over from Home Depot, which now is something I deeply regret! Prior to that, I worked in the restaurant business for about 10yrs., where at one point, I was a store manager.
The fortunate thing is that Lowes itself, is not a bad company to work for. However, my store / store manager is a diferent story! Prior to working in this industry, I ran successful, award-winning fast food restaurants with happy employees and even happier customers . I also held a couple successful sales jobs. In my entire work history, I have never come across a bigger ###, than Mark Gullotti. He is a poor leader by example, he treats his management staff like dog ###, and then can't seem to understand why the people he oversees, absolutely HATE HIM. And it's not just staff. I've had a few of my customers even come in and complain about his rudeness. Generally in the corporate world, you see a distance or lack of understanding between what actually goes on at the store level, and the "suits" as I call them. It's understandable that a "head-honcho" at your corporate office may not understand some of the day to day issues that go on in a store, but for a store manage not to understand it, is just rediculous. My problem really started when I began to have health isses. Since that time, Mark has made it his mission to make my life miserable in the hopes that I will one day quit. Unfortunately, I am not one of his "brainless pawns, that will do whatever he says. (especially if I don't believe it's correct/ ethical. Example: We've had several HR managers go through our store in the past few years, none of them lasting more than a year. Why? Well, because they weren't willing to sit and preach the policies to employees, while the store manager will overlook every poilcy and expect them to back him. Now, as far as myself..I have tried endlessly to move up within the company, I am one of the top-performers at my job within the district, but ther's one catch (or maybe a few) I'm brutally honest, I have missed time due to personal and family medical issues. -so accordking to them, I have an "attendance" issue. (even though I have have doctor's notes, hospital statements, and letters from my mother's oncologist!!!) Pretty unbelievable right?

If anyone else reading this has had a similar issue, please post something on here! I'm now in jeopardy of losing my job!
Did I mention that my "final" write up consisted of "punching in 10mins early 3 times in 2 wks, calling out one day, and being late one day, even though one of the managers was aware of the appointment. Now I'm being told I may lose my job/ be documented because I spent my 15 break out in my car, smoking.

Please help..do I contact the labor board<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• He
    Here's what I know. Sep 14, 2010

I work for Lowe's as well, when you do something to piss off a manager you're pretty much screwed. They will do anything and everything to make your work life miserable. We have an ### for a store manager right now, since he has come he has pushed out our good managers to replace them with his buddies. By push them out I mean, he told our one manager there is a position at another Lowe's store you're being transferred. When she called them to find out about the transfer. she found out he did not put in the proper paper work and essentially she was jobless, luckily she put in and got the position, but the issue is he did not do the paper work. Since then he has pulled many other schemes similar to get rid of other managers and then he hires his buddies. As for his buddies as managers they are horrible. As in because I am part time and in school I have a set availability which has been fine for about 2 years now because I always schedule my classes the same days each semester. Well all of a sudden when one of his buddies becomes a manager, I am now being scheduled outside of my availability. when I told the manager, she responded by yelling at me, literally at me saying "No one can ever work, all of you have everything else but work, all of you are lazy". I then waited 2 days and checked the schedule again which I was still on for the days which are outside of my availability. I then went to my HR manager because when I went to the manager I am supposed to go to 1st because she does the scheduling for us I got yelled at and ignored. My HR then told me to talk to one of the other managers, and that the manager who yelled at me was wrong. Nothing was done to reprimand this manager for her attitude or for her scheduling mistakes. Lowe's in general is a good company to work for because I believe that at the corporate level they want what's best for the employee the issues come from the managers at the store level.

metal blade arm broke - dangerous

Blade arm on ceiling fan broke completely in half and slung the blade across the room against the wall and behind the television; lucky nobody was standing there as this was a very large blade and it put a hole in the wall. Unable to find a replacement part anywhere; HarborBreeze website is totally worthless. Lowe's was no help. Looks like I'll be purchasing a new (different brand) ceiling fan - this one was NOT old and rarely used.

• On
    Onesheepie Jul 20, 2011

We got a space ship themed ceiling fan for our sons room, the metal arm bracket broke as well. Can't find a replacement part for it, maybe after reading this post, we will just get him another brand of ceiling fan. Been looking for a replacement part for a little over a month and can't find one.

• Jd
    JD 1401 Oct 30, 2016

I have experienced the exact same problem with a 2 year old fan. The blade arm broke in half and flung the blade across the room. No luck at home depot & lowes nor online with ebay and amazon. Have to say this is completely unacceptable. I will be buying a new (different brand) fan since there are apparently no replacement parts.

• Lo
    LowesFTL Jul 24, 2017

Same issue, the blade arm completely snapped off with the fan blade. The manual lists a part number which the only result in Google is the reference from the online PDF of the manual. It is literally not carried anywhere and you're referred to a customer support line which simply tells you they do not carry the part. Worthless company.

Blade Arm P/N: 0599848-L
    Manual: http://pdf.lowes.com/installationguides/671961408220_install.pdf

• Ke
    Kezbeth Dec 29, 2017

We just had the exact same thing happen to ours and it is only one year old.
    You can not get the replacement part anywhere.
    This is a poorly made product. Spend a few bucks more and get a better made fan.
    It looks great but is junk. One fan blade arm just snapped off.

Would anyone that is getting rid of their fans be interested in selling the blade arms as parts?? I would be interested in buying the arms so I can repair my fan in my deer camp.
    Karen Clark

horrible kitchen installation

Do not get your kitchen cabinets here! Lowes is horrible for installing kitchen cabinets! When my husband and...

ron beaver

To whom it may concern. I'm the owner of twin city remodeling and all my businees go'es through lowes, 3 months ago I had a remodeling project going on at cost of 27, 000.00 when it was time to do the painting, the paint came from lowes, monroe louisiana at that time the paint was all there and was correst when we were complete with that phase of the job we proceed to finish the rest of the project. The job was completed when the home owners did a walk through they had notice some painting needed some touch up, at that time I went to lowes and picked another gallon of paint, and yes I broght one of the cans of paint to the store that had the formula on it, the gentleman proceed to mix my paint, and ask me if I wanted the old can and said I did'nt need it. So I went about my way, and brought the paint to the job site which at that time one of my employees proceeded to do the touch up on 2 walls, about 2hrs. Later I went to look at the work that was done. At that time, I notice the paint was the wrong formula, so I took pictures of the work and brought it to the attention of the manger at which time he just gave the paint for free, now I was very unhappy, and angry because now I have to repaint both walls and pay the labor and the time I was losing. Now the cost to do this was$297.00 and feel that lowes should be held responsabile for the cost I had to eat. Now I would really like to hear from someone by phone and get the problem resolved. Now problem#2 this project was started on8/10/2010 and this time it was ceramic tile job and lowes sent the wrong flooring out, at that time we/twin city remodeling installed the floor later that nite the home owner called me to inform me that the ceramic tile was the wrong one so at that time it was to late that nite, and the next morning I went to the homeowners and the boxes with the item number did. Nt match the numbers on my sales ticket, so I went to lowes and ask to speak to a manger and explain to him what had happen, by showing him my paper work, and the tile and box # lowes manger refunded my money for all tile I had left and that was already down, that was it. Then I had to buy the correct tile. Now I really dont that the way u should thay, do you. So now i'm out that money because we had to remove the til that already strip the floor back down and start all over. After that it cost me money, and labor double the amount off that. Now i'm out a total of $667.81 which I should'nt be. So now I feel ur company should reimbure my company a total for both jobs is$964;81 I feel that is far. Now u do realize I have picture's and paid receipt that can back all my evindence. If we can resolve the problem I will be happy and will continue my buisness with lowes. Thank you ron beaver owner of twin city remodeling my # is [protected]

• Gl
    GLOWORM5 Jul 17, 2012

We purchased tile from lowes for our beautiful new home. BIG ...BIG MISTAKE. THE TILES WERE ALL DIFFERENT SIZES AND THICKNESSES. LOWES PRETENDED TO TRY TO TAKE CARE OF IT GOING BACK TO THEIR MANUFACTURER. GUESS WHAT THEY SAID HA HA HA. MAD NOW - GOING TO TAKE TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. WILL NOT PUT UP WITH BACK AND FORTH THAT LOWES PUTS GOOD PEOPLE THROUGH.

DO NOT BUY ANY TILES, HARDWOOD OR FLOORING FROM LOWES - YOU WILL GET NOTHING BUT INFERIOR QUALITY MATERIALS.

installation

I would avoid dealing with this Lowes and possibly the entire company in general if the procedures followed by this store are indicative of company policy.

After purchasing a dishwasher with installation, we noticed about 2 days later that water was leaking from under the dishwasher and on to our brand new hardwood floors. Since Lowes outsources their installations to subcontractors to insulate themselves from having to deal with installation issues, I was immediately put in the middle of their blame game. They went back and forth between blaming the manufacturer, the installer, back to the manufacturer and that is where we stand now. As each day goes by, the water under my hardwood floor continues to damage and Lowes could not care less. They keep stating it is an insurance issue, I disagree. It is a Lowes issue. The right thing for them to do is to fix this now month old problem and let the lawyers and insurance companies sort out who is going to pay for it.

I will never buy a single thing from this chain again. I would advise you to avoid their installation services because if something goes wrong, you are going to be in for a lot of needless headaches.