Menu
Etsy Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Etsy
reviews & complaints

www.etsy.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 532 Reviews

Etsy Complaints Summary

11 Resolved
508 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Etsy with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Etsy has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Etsy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Etsy reviews & complaints

J
12:12 pm EST

Etsy - Fees taken from our international shipping cost

On Feb 7. 2024 I was contacted thru Etsy messages by Felipe from Brazil who wanted to purchase 2 of my fleeces from my Etsy site. However, he wanted me to use Fed Ex or DSL as the postal service is not reliable. I spent quite a bit of time packing and contacting the shipping options he requested to determine the best price. Shipping alone was $642. He...

C
12:05 pm EST

Etsy Exchange rates

I order products from Etsy Canada that should be in Canadian money. Recently ordered and then cancelled a product within twenty four hours according to seller's return policy. Etsy proceeded to put a hold of $30.12 for shipping. I didn't even receive the product, and even if I had, the shipping was only $26.45 They charge the shipping in American money. The seller is from the same province as me in Canada

Claimed loss: $30.12

Desired outcome: Money returned to bank account

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Etsy representatives only. If you are affiliated with Etsy, please claim your business to access these details.

N
5:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Etsy - Order #2971679370 order #2971679370 delivered on Oct 5, 2023 $358.56 purchased from theperfectpatio on Aug 2, 2023

They sent them and made them inside out. I contacted them and they told me to send them back, which I did. Their emails to me verify they received them back. They were going to make me new ones but Now they're not on Etsy anymore. What is Etsy going to do about it? Email verifying they received the cushions I returned kartmom18 Message:Norm, received your...

Is Etsy legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Etsy as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 2% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Etsy stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Etsy should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Etsy earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Etsy achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Etsy. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Etsy has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Etsy.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Etsy website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Etsy.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Etsy, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Etsy website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Etsy has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 2% of 519 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the etsy.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Etsy protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Etsy. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
S
8:01 pm EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy Etsy, the worst company

Etsy closed our store without notice, we appealed the decision 21 days ago and we are still waiting for an explanation. This is the worst company to work with, do not use them as a sales platform for your store. The charges are very expensive and there is no customer service at all, not even a phone number to contact them. In addition, they can close your store at any time with no explanation. And there is nothing that you can do to re-open it.

M
2:36 pm EST

Etsy - Customer service and a seller on the site

On Jan 1, 2024, I contacted Collen Ross from FamilyFotoFun, a seller on Etsy to purchase some photos on wood. I was looking to purchase a large 32 x 24 item and two 11 x 14 items. I messaged Collen regarding the 11 x 14 pieces because that size was not offered. I was told to order 11 x 8 and then add on what I wanted. I did that but there was no option to...

C
8:33 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy As a seller their employer services

Unfair suspension and restrictions to items currently posted by others on etsy. Etsy allows others to sell Nfl Jerseys but suspended my entire Doll and Antique Shop for attempting to post a Nfl Jersey. The exact Jersey is sold on etsy currently by other shops. How is this possible for a business to run with no responsibility for the damages they do to the members they choose to suspend. They have no appeal form for their unfair bias practices. I am angry and want them closed for labor abuse and non disclosure.

Claimed loss: $100 a week

Desired outcome: Close them down. Or reinstate all the unfair suspensions they made.

R
6:47 pm EST

Etsy Etsy

ESTY is corrupt - boycott Etsy. setup an account, sent in all required documentation. Sold my 1st item, buyer paid Etsy the money, I shipped item to buyer and Etsy is keeping my money.

ESTY admits they have all the correct docs but won't send me my money.

I keep getting the run around. ETSY is doing this to 1000's of sellers which amounts to MILLIONS of dollars that does not belong to them. ETSY is defrauding these sellers.

ETSY HQ is in Brooklyn, NY and you can file a complaint with the AG at:

B
10:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Etsy - Handling of their star sellers and the way bots have control

My wife and I have been selling on Etsy for over twelve years and recently have been suspended for selling items they deemed prohibited. We sell only vintage items from estate sales and other flea market finds that were made before 2004. We have sold over 20,000 items on Etsy over the course of twelve years and had over four thousand items for sale on...

10:18 am EST

Etsy - JChicSpace.com

Ordered Led Zeppelin calendar for my grandson for Christmas. Was supposed to arrive Dec. 18. Never did. I received notice that my calendar was delivered. This notice included a photo of a door that was supposed to show delivery to my house. This door was NOT my house door. Nothing like it. I found out from UPS that I had been scammed. JChicSpace.com had...

9:48 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy Do not use etsy. Not trustworthy. Terrible. Many scams and nothing done about it.

Etsy is not trustworthy. Sellers on etsy can not be trusted to deliver their product. Lots of scams. Lots of bogus and phony tracking numbers. Customer never receives their purchased item, even though they paid for it.

Etsy does nothing to correct these scammers. In fact, it's almost impossible to actually file a complaint with etsy.

I will never use etsy again.

I would give etsy "0" stars, but they don't accept that. Customer has to give at least '1" star in order to send a review. But etsy does not deserve even one star.

M
8:55 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy https://sterlingfinejewels.etsy.com/ My store has been suspended

I am an individual from the middle class who has been earning a livelihood through the Etsy.com marketplace since 2020. I have successfully created and sold over 9000 items, gaining the satisfaction of more than 5000 happy clients. However, my account was unexpectedly suspended without any prior notice or given reason.

Additionally, I've noticed that Etsy seems to be overlooking certain other sellers who have been violating Etsy policies and have been actively selling since 2017. Surprisingly, no action has been taken by Etsy against these sellers.

Kindly reactivate my account https://sterlingfinejewels.etsy.com/ and grant permission to resume selling on the platform.

E
12:56 pm EST

Etsy - Creating a shop

I went and created an account on Etsy for the purpose of opening a store to sell my 3D printed items and designs. The same day I opened the shop after providing all the necessary information, the shop was immediately suspended with no explanation. I filed a support case with Etsy and after 2 days I got a message that my request to unsuspend the stored wa...

J
4:53 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy Account disabled with no explanation. Appeal declined with no explanation either.

Started my etsy store on the 28th of November. Made my first sale on the 30th of November. After quickly submitting my customers order to my POD provider (yes, my designs are done by me and not someone elses), I logged in and found a banner on my page stating "your account has been disabled, please check your emails for reasoning".

Checked my emails and spam - nothing. Filed an appeal and was told "We’re unable to reconsider this decision and can no longer respond to further messages about your account status. We appreciate the time you’ve invested on Etsy and wish you success in your future endeavors".

Not only did they forget to mention or explain the reasoning for being disabled. They also decided to silence me as a new customer by stating "they will no longer respond" .

I'm disgusted that a corporation so large has such awful customer service. What hurts the most is not knowing where you went wrong.

Claimed loss: $75

Desired outcome: Either etsy introducing a rule where everything must be cleared on their end first before being able to sellOrRemove bots and introduce more genuine human staff

D
12:25 pm EST

Etsy login

It appears that that have 2 logins for my account

Google [protected]@gmail none my purchase appear for this account

The correct account dhallib4![protected]@aol.com I HONESTY have purchase hundreds of dollars.

Today make a 15.00 purchase Nothing!

Please correct the problem

I am 75-year-old. I need this account corrected so I can get my paid for Files!

Only account I will use On Etsy is [protected]@aol, com Not Google

Desired outcome: Correct the email address

B
10:23 am EST

Etsy Support team

I am not very happy about the help from one of your team. One of my listings was removed and I asked what the violation was. The could not get a proper answer from your team. The item I was selling I’ve seen many on Etsy selling the same thing but their item was not removed. I think as a seller this situation would not be the best for other up and coming sellers who are going to join Etsy. As it stands now I got no help from your team , having to send numerous messages and still not got the answers I asked so I’m afraid I will not be advising people to sell with you. It’s appalling ! How can you reject on sellers item but several other sellers selling the same item have their listings on site?

I have tried to attach the messages but it keeps coming back error. If you can give me an email address I can forward them onto you.

Claimed loss: Loss of a sale

Desired outcome: An apology from your team member and my item listed like everyone else’s.

T
11:33 am EST

Etsy - Divine silver ornaments

Order of gold and tanansite stud ear rings made to this company on the 25.10. 2023. And paid n full on the 26.10.2023. The order made through etsy the order number is [protected]. I was told one of the stones was damaged and they will order another pair of ear rings that would take 1 to 2 weeks, i have had nthing but excuses from this company, when i...

N
12:29 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Etsy I made a purchase on Etsy from NataliesBlessings [protected])

I made a purchase on 15 November 2023 on Etsy and I did not receive the purchase that i ordered. I tried to be in contact with the seller, who keeps updating the store but she does not respond to me.

I tried contacting Etsy, I don't get any response.  I've opened cases but I don't get any proof that the case has been opened.

Please help me get my money back.

Desired outcome: I want my money back

S
6:08 pm EST

Etsy Worst customer service

I'm a new seller and this site customer service is the worst! They are relying on AI way too much and not attending to their sellers needs. I just recently reactivated my site and they shut me down over my EIN saying that it wasn't correct no matter what I do and how many IRS docs I submit I am in a state of customer service hell with their automated system. If I have learned anything from this experience, diversify, I'm using this down time to create a website and not pay my ads to go to etsy. Such a lame experience.

Claimed loss: Loss in revenue

Desired outcome: Renew my site, on the site it states it's resolved yet I'm still blocked and can't get help

R
9:24 am EST

Etsy - Etsy's autobots determining sellers' livelihoods

I recently experienced a situation with Etsy that I feel compelled to share, especially with current and aspiring sellers who may be unaware of the potential instability of the platform. My shop, which was in full compliance with Etsy's terms and policies, was abruptly shut down without any given reason. Despite a considerable investment of time, effort...

6:46 pm EDT

Etsy Terrible

Bought a pair of shoes from LetsPLAIboutique a seller on Etsy they were the wrong size and the quality was awful the invoice said returns accepted within 14days of delivery so I asked the seller for refund they said exchange only they said they would send another size once I sent them back so I sent them back recorded delivery and they confirmed receipt of them and they've ignored me ever since no exchange or refund so they have basically just stole my money I definitely would not buy from this seller or Ecty as there is no buyer protection in place whatsoever.

Etsy Customer Reviews Overview

Etsy is a popular online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers of unique and handmade goods. The platform has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from users, who praise its user-friendly interface, wide selection of products, and excellent customer service.

One of the biggest draws of Etsy is its focus on handmade and one-of-a-kind items. Customers appreciate the ability to find unique and personalized gifts, as well as the opportunity to support independent artists and makers. Many reviewers also note that the quality of the products sold on Etsy is generally high, with sellers taking pride in their craftsmanship and attention to detail.

In addition to its selection of handmade goods, Etsy also offers a wide range of vintage items, craft supplies, and digital downloads. Customers appreciate the variety of products available, as well as the ability to search for specific items using detailed filters and categories.

Etsy's customer service is another area where the platform excels. Many reviewers note that Etsy's support team is responsive and helpful, and that disputes with sellers are often resolved quickly and fairly. The platform also offers buyer protection policies, which give customers peace of mind when making purchases.

Overall, Etsy is a highly regarded online marketplace that offers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience. Its focus on handmade and personalized items, wide selection of products, and excellent customer service make it a top choice for shoppers looking for something special.

Etsy In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The design of Etsy's website is visually appealing and user-friendly. The layout is clean and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The search function is efficient, allowing users to filter and sort results to quickly find the desired products. Overall, the website design and user experience are top-notch.

Product Variety and Quality: Etsy offers an extensive range of products, catering to diverse interests and preferences. Whether you're looking for handmade crafts, vintage items, or unique gifts, Etsy has it all. The quality of the products is generally high, with many sellers showcasing their craftsmanship and attention to detail. It's a treasure trove for those seeking one-of-a-kind items.

Seller Reputation and Trustworthiness: Etsy has a robust system in place to ensure seller reputation and trustworthiness. Each seller has a profile that displays customer reviews and ratings, providing valuable insights into their reliability and product quality. Additionally, Etsy has a buyer protection program that safeguards against fraudulent sellers, giving users peace of mind when making purchases.

Pricing and Value for Money: The pricing on Etsy varies depending on the seller and product. While some items may be priced higher due to their uniqueness or craftsmanship, there are also plenty of affordable options available. Overall, the value for money on Etsy is excellent, considering the quality and uniqueness of the products offered.

Customer Service and Support: Etsy's customer service and support are commendable. They have a responsive and helpful customer support team that promptly addresses any queries or issues. Additionally, the seller community on Etsy is known for its friendly and helpful nature, often going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

Shipping and Delivery: Shipping and delivery on Etsy can vary depending on the seller and location. However, most sellers provide accurate shipping estimates and offer various shipping options to choose from. It's advisable to check the individual seller's shipping policies before making a purchase to ensure a smooth and timely delivery experience.

Return and Refund Policy: Etsy has a fair and transparent return and refund policy. If a buyer is unsatisfied with their purchase, they can contact the seller directly to discuss a resolution. If an agreement cannot be reached, Etsy's customer support can step in to mediate. In cases of non-delivery or misrepresented items, Etsy provides buyer protection and facilitates refunds or returns.

Community and Social Engagement: Etsy has a vibrant and engaged community of sellers and buyers. The platform encourages social engagement through features like forums, teams, and the ability to follow favorite sellers. This sense of community fosters connections, allows for collaboration, and provides a supportive environment for both sellers and buyers.

Security and Privacy Measures: Etsy takes security and privacy seriously. The website uses secure encryption protocols to protect user data and transactions. Personal information is handled with care and is not shared with third parties without consent. Additionally, Etsy provides options for users to manage their privacy settings and control the visibility of their personal information.

Overall User Satisfaction and Recommendation: Overall, Etsy is highly regarded by its users. The platform offers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, with a vast selection of quality products. The community aspect adds to the overall satisfaction, as users can connect with like-minded individuals. Whether you're a buyer or a seller, Etsy is a fantastic platform that comes highly recommended.

How to file a complaint about Etsy?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with the Etsy company. Make it specific and clear, such as "Delayed Shipment from Etsy Seller" or "Product Not as Described on Etsy Shop".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the product or service purchased from the Etsy seller.
  • Any discrepancies between the item received and the listing description.
  • Communication with the seller, including any attempts to resolve the issue.
  • Shipping or delivery problems, if applicable.
  • Refund or return issues.
  • The timeline of events, to give context to your complaint.
  • How the issue has personally affected you, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or disappointment.

Be as specific as possible, mentioning dates, amounts, and any other relevant transaction details. If you have attempted to resolve the issue with the seller, include this information as well as the seller's response or lack thereof.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents such as receipts, correspondence, screenshots, or photos that support your complaint. Ensure that these documents do not contain sensitive personal information like your address, credit card details, or social security number.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you have incurred as a result of the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking from the Etsy seller or company, whether it's a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and ensure that all the information provided is correct and to the point.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review and publication.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even a response from the Etsy seller or company. Stay active in the conversation to ensure your issue is addressed.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Etsy contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Etsy?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etsy Customer Service. Initial Etsy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etsy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etsy. Discuss the issues you have had with Etsy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.