Light In The Boxterrible return/refund policy

A

I did not read the fine lines in the return policy...lesson learned. Be warned that if you order a pair of shoes or clothing item in your size, but it doesn't fit well or you aren't satisfied with the quality, they do not accept refunds. Here is their return policy from the website:

Dresses or clothing that does not fit properly but fit the specifications you ordered cannot be returned or exchanged. As our dresses and clothing is made with additional fabric in the seams, you can make minor adjustments at a local tailor, at your own cost. Please note: if your order specifications differ too greatly from the final sizing request, resizing may not be possible.

I bought 2 pairs of white heels to go with my wedding dress, hoping at least one would fit. I am either a European shoe size 38 or 39, depending on the brand. The 2 pairs of shoes arrived (and they are beautiful, well-made shoes). Unfortunately, both were too big (one pair was so wide, it looks like it was custom made for a woman with huge, 4-inch wide feet). I decided to return both pairs and try my luck in the stores here in town. When I requested a return authorization number, they refused, but said if they shipped the wrong size I could send photos of my feet and the shoes to prove they made a mistake in the production of the shoes. So now I have $140 worth of shoes I cannot wear. Do not buy anything from this website!

RESOLVED

• Lo
    Lori Woo Apr 17, 2021

I cannot believe this company has been in business this long when it is such a scam! They will accept a return of a shirt I purchased but it must be sent to China to the manufacturer. They don't tell you that in the return policy and makes it look easy to get a refund if you're unhappy. Instead they offered to give me back 30% of the purchase price and a 30% off coupon for a future purchase. Never again and someone needs to stop this company from doing business in the U.S. Big Scam!

• Me
    Melissa Armijo Dec 30, 2020

Sadly I paid almost $100.00 on a shirt, pants and jacket. One of the WORST decisions I made for gifts. I guess any business that does not offer refunds should be reconsidered since they are obviously saying their products are trash. They don't even want them back.. HAHA!! Companies should not be able to LIE and photoshop their pictures. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Je
    Jean Lampkin Jun 25, 2020

It shall be a law that this company be allowed to do business. The product is awful, very cheap, and the wrong item. The most expensive thing in this whole process is the white shipping bag. Please do not order from this company. Check out the review first on anything you purchase.

• De
    Deborah Olds Jul 31, 2019

Lesson learned. Got a respond but... can get into the returns page. Tobzd the dress ud nice folled there chart but even this extra large would not fit a US SIZE 6..

• Ta
    Takes Jun 24, 2019

I have ordered a shirt it was to small sent it back for big size still not got it

• Ca
    Carrie Johal Jul 25, 2018

I ordered outfits for a wedding. They said they would be here before the wedding. They were not. When I realised they would not I cancelled before they were shipped. They shipped them anyway. I spend nearly £400 on outfits (ordered different sizes did not thing it would be a problem to return etc) I received a text message stating that I would have to pay taxes of £65 before an item was delivered. I thought this was a scam and refused. Then I received 2 items from china, all the same outfit after me cancelling (their policy states you can cancel anytime before shipment which I did) however still sent. They now will not provide me with a return address and they will not return my money for an item I did not accept due to taxes. I am now nearly £400 out of pocket for outfits I either do not have or do not want. My bank statement states that the money was taken from a company in Coventry, hence why I was happy to go ahead with the order, however it has turned out it was not a British company and I am getting nowhere with getting my money back. it is coming to the point I will have to visit a food bank for my kids as I never expected to be out of pocket like this and I do not get paid for another 3 weeks. I do not know what to do. Can anyone please advise????? I am at my wits end.

• Sc
    scott ware Jan 04, 2018

ORDER NUMBER [protected] Been truing to return two items that are marked and the wrong size. they want me to send a photo showing the problem. I don't know what to do other than put them on and show that they are four inches too small. This company is a nightmare to deal with. This was my first order and will definitely will be the last. i am pitching the items an writing it off to experience.

• So
    Soumaya Nov 18, 2017

I totally agree with you... I bought a speaker from them and there was no charger hole at all... unfortunately I can not return it and as I am in the Uk I can’t even call them unless I spend a fortune... at least that’s 2 of us with over 100 quid down the drain...

• Na
    Natacha123456789 Jan 12, 2016

My order number : [protected]
    I cancel my Order because light in the box was asking picture of my Card now i'm waiting for my refund when will it happen?????

• Re
    Reviewer68352 Jan 02, 2016

I placed an order on Dec. 3rd and they said it would be here in 6 days, After 1 month it did arrive but missing half of the electronic parts. the item cannot be used and I cannot get hold of them.

• Va
    ValleVerde Dec 03, 2015

I wish I saw these complaints before I ordered anything! A wrap I ordered wasn't the color stated, and the 2 dresses I ordered I went a larger size and we're still too small, and no there is not enough material to tailored to fit. Oh no, I was so happy I finally found a company with pretty things to order for my special occasion dinners I attend! I noticed there was not any return items slips, now I know why!!!

• Mr
    MR3 Jul 31, 2014

Hi strongly agree - i have bought two pairs of shoes which are both marketed as the same size (38) One pair fit perfectly however the other paid are about 3 sizes smaller.
    I do not recommend that anyone buys from this website as they will not pay for the return of the wrongly sized item

anainus Mar 13, 2013

this company is a scam! notice that no one replied back saying that their issue had been resolved, becaue that is what i'm looking for, resolved issue from complaints. i have been scammed by this company and it is 2013 now and my purchase was over 2 years ago!
    here's my post:
    I ordered several electronics and gadgets over two years ago from this Company for my boy and they NEVER sent it! I had asked them to put the money back into my account they never did- I said, either way, send me my order or refund my money. During this time I had been busy with my investments that it required me to travel every three months so I never checked if it was put in and they never did, they just 'forgotten'. This time I have a bit more free time and I asked them to put the money back and they are offering me a coupon. I dont want a coupon, I want my money back and that's a problem.
    This company is a scam- if you are an American be careful! I will make time to write the Better Business Beureau abut this and file a complaint once and for all. If you are an American and knows a way to stop this company from scamming into our country please let me know, because that is what I am going to try to do, stop this company from doing what they do. One thing I did that's right was to keep all their emails to prove their scam. Be careful buying online people!

• We
    weddingintwoweeks Aug 27, 2012

I just recieved two dresses, they do not fit, I ordered an 8 they sent size 4, and are refusing to take them back, I suggest NO ONE BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

• English Ian Jun 13, 2012

indpls... kiss that goodbye and forget about it. Best advice.com!!

• In
    INDPLS Jun 13, 2012

I have been trying to get the return form to return two items. Purchased white wrap and the fur is falling out. Green long dress is not sized properly and the rinestones are a pinkish color and the dress is green with green lace. It does not event match. I have been trying to find a USA telephone number to call also.
    The web site keeps you away from the return form. It is a terrible site and not user friendly - totally set up in that fashion. Inform any one wanting to purchasing any items from the Light in the Box NOT to even consider it and move on to someone who is consumer friendly.

• LightInTheBox Mar 28, 2012

Hi Ataylorcalder,

I'm sorry to hear you received a wrong size for the shoes you ordered. It is our primary concern to provide the best customer service that's why on my end, I will seek help for the necessary solution to the situation. For me to do it, please send me the order number to [email protected] Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    Angelie
    LightInTheBox

• So
    Soumaya Nov 18, 2017

@LightInTheBox Angeline, you are a scam... I’ve ordered a speaker with no charger hole... how the hell am I supposed to charge this... I demand a refund straight away or I will make this a legal case and get u sued...