Light In The Box Logo

Light In The Box

Having problems with Light In The Box?

Light In The Box reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 17, 2008. The latest review Not being able to Return item - keep getting ( Run-Around ) ! was posted on Jun 15, 2021. The latest complaint fraudulent use of my credit card was resolved on Oct 06, 2017. Light In The Box has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 499 reviews. Light In The Box has resolved 114 complaints.

Light In The Box Customer Service Contacts

Diantong Shidai Guangchang, Building #2 Suite D
7 Jiuxianqiao Beilu, Chaoyang District

Beijing
China
US Address

808 Howell St #300
Seattle, WA, 98101

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Light In The Box Customer Service. Initial Light In The Box complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Light In The Box above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Light In The Box. Discuss the issues you have had with Light In The Box and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Light In The Box Complaints & Reviews

Light In The Boxdress

i ordered a dress on light in the box site for my sons wedding used money i saved up received dress 2 weeks ago but did not fit stitching very poor and dress looked cheap paid 180 pounds for a dress i cannot wear informed light in the box of this and they asked me to take photos of dress and email them back to them done as they asked and they came back and said i had 4 options to send dress back with full refund, have a 80 dollar refund to have the dress made bigger!, return the the dress and they would do alterations, or return dress and order a different dress of my choosing went for option 1 and asked for advice to return and packing details
now have no access to my orders cannot get web page up as not available again nothing wrong on my side daughter has tried on her computer as well DO NOT BUY OFF THIS SITE WILL HAVE GOODS BUT R RUBBISH GOODS will inform everyone i meet of this scam site and will report to google and other on internet

• Bs
      bslflowers Oct 03, 2012

I have purchased many items from light in the box and have had no problems at all. Items were awsome (two dresses)and fit well. I have also ordered drapes and shoes and very pleased with both. They all arrived quickly, 3 days, and in very good shape.

• LightInTheBox Mar 20, 2012

Hi Chrisjenkins,

My apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please send me the order number to [email protected] for me to follow up on the refund. Thank you for your patience.

All the best,
      Angelie

Light In The Boxfraudulent return policy

Light in The Box has a fraudulent return policy. Do not purchase anything from them!!! I adhered to their terms of returning merchandise exactly: I returned a $200 dress in perfect order with tags and reported to them within 48 hours my intent to return the dress and the reasons: it not only did not fit well but was poorly made, with sequins falling off upon arrival etc. After nearly 7 weeks of waiting for them to receive the dress, the company finally informed me that it could only refund me 50% of what I paid because they had measured it against their model and it complied with the model measurements! Since this is a Chinese company and you can only send them emails regarding customer service issues, I would advise against having anything to do with them. Buy American.

• Up
        upsetinpaloalto Apr 21, 2012

I also have had an AWFUL experience with Light in the Box. I will spread the word to avoid ordering from this company. They have been hugely unresponsive to my request for a refund. Once I realized the dress would not arrive in time, I asked to cancel the order and get a full refund. The dress was just shipped today, the day it was needed. Based on the comments I'm now seeing, I fear the quality will be very substandard. I will never buy directly from China again.

callin69 Feb 23, 2012

Hello, next timrdde, you should purchase your dress from Peridrdess. I ordered the wedding from Peridress mainly for the guaranteed quality and best prices. It is an online dress shop with seven years history, I just told myself I should do the choice in the seas of different styles and designs, whose price framework is 100$~500$. I received the package in 6 weeks afterwards the order was placed online. I was timely informed where the step was during the order procedure and dress manufacture. Everything went smooth.I tried on the dress to find what it looks like. Absolutely beautiful and perfect fits, especially of the costume jacket, I couldn’t cheat myself to say! The shopping experience shew me more trust in online dress shops! I will be back soon for another evening dress should be prepared in one month! So you can't miss Peridress.

• Pa
        panada Feb 22, 2012

I also have purchased my wedding dress from Peridress. The dress arrived in time. And fit me perfectly. I will purchase more dresses from Peridress in the future.

catlinena Feb 21, 2012

I also have purchased my wedding dress from Peridress. The dress arrived in time. I love it so much ! It is great for such a price! My neighbor who was a seamstress was impressed about the work on my dress! I am so happy! They aslo have gave me a 5% coupon code: p002rm356d. I'd like to share it with you. For this website is really excellent. You can't miss it.

• LightInTheBox Feb 21, 2012

Hi DevorahB,
        I'm sorry to hear you got the wrong size for the dress you ordered and was unpleased with the quality. I understand your concern on the refund but rest assured that I will follow up that request. For me to do it, please send me your order number at [email protected] I'm hoping that this will be resolved soon.

We will then get back to you for update. Thank you for your patience.

All the best,

Light In The Box — refund

Ordered two pc tablets from this company. Neither worked. Finally was able to submit a "ticket" advising they...

Light In The Boxbroken shower piece

Do not order from this website! I recieved a broken piece in my shower faucet set that I ordered and was told that a replacement part would be sent out. 4 weeks later, I recieved what I thought was my replacement piece, after several attempts to finds out where and when this piece would arrive. They told me that they could only tell me that it was on the way and nothing more. Now that I have this package I opened it to find a piece that belongs to the shower set that I did not need! Originally I even sent them pictures of the broken piece with a description. (Fyi) I recieved my original order within 4-5 days. I now have a useless, several hundred dollar shower set that I cannot install, so if anyone wants to buy it let me know! I am getting no response from customer service. And they had previously told me that they do not have a phone #... So if you want to pay for cheap crap, get poor customer service with no phone line, and ultimately take it in the rear, order from light in the box!!!

• LightInTheBox Jan 29, 2012

Hi PissedoffinNC,
          Please post your order number so I can access to your order details. Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Thank you.

• LightInTheBox Jan 29, 2012

Hi PissedoffinNC,
          My apologies for the inconvenience. Rest assured that I will look into the status of your request and I will then get back to you for update. Hope this will be resolved very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Light In The Boxover charged for duty tax

Light In The Box incorrectly reported the value of our purchase to FedEx & US Customs, which then triggered a tax which FedEx billed us for. The dress was $170, but the bill for the Duty tax was $150 (for a dress they reported as valued at $753)!! We tried to get Light In The Box to fix the problem with FedEx, but they would not contact FedEx. And FedEx wouldn't contact Light In The Box. We attempted to give FedEx a copy of the Light In The Box bill - but they ignored all correspondence. In order to not be squashed by these two incompetent behemoths, our only choice is to pay off the extortionists and chalk it up as a lesson learned. I am extremely disappointed with both companies and highly recommend that you do not do business with either of them.

• Kr
            Kristina93 Apr 06, 2013

I experienced exactly the same thing...

• LightInTheBox Dec 29, 2011

Hi Dismayed in CA,

I'm sorry to hear that you have to pay so much for the import tax. We strongly suggest our customers to read on Customs and Tariffs in our Knowledge Base and we offer a link to submit Custom Inquiries at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, some countries put high levy on imported goods and that is beyond our control. Thank you so much for your patience.

Light In The Boxaddressed to valued customers

Dear Customers,

We are sorry for all the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us work on improving our services and products.

Our customer service team tries their best to offer the most suitable solutions to customers. We have included a full section on how to contact our customer service team in the "Help Page and Knowledge Base" section under Customer Service at the bottom part of the LightInTheBox landing page. If you're uncertain, please find a detailed step-by-step guide on our blog: http://www.lightintheboxblog.com/cs.html .

We urge all customers with pending issues to please follow the instructions included and submit a ticket to our customer service team.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, so please let us know how we can improve your shopping experience at LightInTheBox.com.

Caroleanne1 Nov 13, 2012

All are true

Caroleanne1 Nov 13, 2012

I am in Australia and have been blocked by this company from making negative comments on their product reviews. I will use a Chinese lawyer in China if necessary. You can not get a phone number, email address or the name of a senior manager. It is ridiculous to sink so much money in to the site construction and then have no customer service. I will see this through and not give up until I receaive a full refund for unsatisfactory goods

• Ke
              kevinito Sep 22, 2012

I ordered a small $20 scarf August 1st - it is now September 22 and it still has yet to arrive. Their website is only a front which overshadows their bad business practices and poor management tactics. I have already submitted several tickets using their ticket system and I get the same robotic BS reply. I am definitely not ordering from them again. I will order from Amazon.com from now on.

• Lo
              Louis53 Jul 14, 2012

I am waiting for a sleeve for my iPad, , , , still not received after 2 weeks when I log onmy order does not show, but money has gone from my account for the item... Light in a box where is the em and delivery. I will be contacting my bank about this shortly if nothing is delivered...

Light In The Boxno goods deliverd and no money back

i payed for a laptop, and it never came, i asked for the money back, and was told to send all my detailes and a fhoto copy of the card used, before they would cocider even thinking about it, this company is a rip off con job,

anainus Mar 13, 2013

this company is a scam! notice that no one replied back saying that their issue had been resolved, because that is what i'm looking for, resolved issue from complaints. i have been scammed by this company and it is 2013 now and my purchase was over 2 years ago!
                here's my post:
                I ordered several electronics and gadgets over two years ago from this Company for my boy and they NEVER sent it! I had asked them to put the money back into my account they never did- I said, either way, send me my order or refund my money. During this time I had been busy with my investments that it required me to travel every three months so I never checked if it was put in and they never did, they just 'forgotten'. This time I have a bit more free time and I asked them to put the money back and they are offering me a coupon. I dont want a coupon, I want my money back and that's a problem.
                This company is a scam- if you are an American be careful! I will make time to write the Better Business Beureau abut this and file a complaint once and for all. If you are an American and knows a way to stop this company from scamming into our country please let me know, because that is what I am going to try to do, stop this company from doing what they do. One thing I did that's right was to keep all their emails to prove their scam. Be careful buying online people!

james combs Nov 14, 2012

paid for product did not receive product

james combs Nov 14, 2012

bought a corset got charged for it never received product

Light In The Boxtotal scam

I tried to purchase a dress with this company. After attempting to pay with five credit cards, it still would not process. I use these cards regularly. I tried to pay through Paypal. It would not accept. I then wire transferred money at the cost of $45. They said they never received this. I had to pay my bank to investigate and send them information. After this, they finally agreed to refund the money which I still have not received. They would not refund my wire transfer fees even though they were at fault. They do not have any that you can speak with. You can only communicate through email and their responses often do not answer the questions you have asked.

• Ta
                  tammymarois Apr 27, 2012

lightinthebox is no good not only am I getting the run around my order looks like crap they used see through beads not the nice one like the pic's show but the worst part it they but it all in a bag a mailed it the flowers are flat and there all bent out of shape they look better in my pic then to see in person

• Up
                  upsetinpaloalto Apr 21, 2012

Do not buy from Light in the Box. You will get the run-around, just like this customer says.

Lightinthebox — cant return product

I orderded three dresses from light in the box, all size 12... When the products arrived, I found out they...

Lightintheboxdelivery and no customer service!

Cannot find ANYONE to contact about why my order hasn't even shipped yet, after 6 days, and has a delivery date a month later. Their web site is full of deceptive information, such as fast delivery, customer satisfaction guaranteed, always there to respond to the customers. Why is there someone to live chat with orders but they immediately cut me off when I asked about my order delivery time. I had wanted to say the order for the fabric sample to then MAKE a dress order. Well, they can go to hell now, with the dress order.
                Order #[protected] OK, so if the one who said to include order #s does respond, I will write to tell this site. Otherwise, another empty blah blah blah!!

• Ju
                    Juno Apr 30, 2012

I am another dissatisfied customer
                    Here is an address I found
                    No. 56 Dong Si Huan Zhong Lu, Ocean International Center A Bld [protected]
                    Chao Yang District
                    City: Beijing
                    Country: China
                    Postal code:100025

LightInTheBoxCares Nov 03, 2011

Hi JapanGal, sorry to hear you're having customer service issues. I've contacted the head of customer service and will see to your case personally. You will receive a ticket shortly, putting you in direct contact with a customer service representative who knows your case. Simply login on our website, click My Orders and you'll find a Tickets link on the left side of the page.
                    Kind regards,

James

Light In The Boxhoes purchased too big

Ordered ladies shoes size 2 from light in the box. On arrival, far too big, more like a uk size 3. When i asked for an exchange they said no, as i had ordered the wrong size??? They offered me a coupon for $20 which i refused. Also, it cost me £20. 22 customs charge for my parcel. My advice to anybody considering buying from this lot is: do not do it. Whatever you purchase you will keep, whether its right for you or not, there is no exchange or refund available. This company is absolutely disgraceful. Never ever again will i deal with them. Beware!!!

• Le
                      LeaWanner May 23, 2012

I am having huge issues at the moment with them...having found the site and over excitement i ordered so many things...only to be disappointed, by wrong delivery, high customs charges, no refund on wrong item, only partial and so after dozen email exhanges, sewing of one dress was worse than what a 5 years old kid can. Just crap, so crap and unreal...rip off and fraud i'd rather say.

Light In The Boxunrecieved package

I ordered a dress on september 25, 2011. I payed $19.95 for fast shipping which had written that it was 3-5 days. On october 1, 2011 I never got it. I left the country and I didn't receive a call or anything to remind me of my shipping. Two weeks later there was a note on my mail box to pick it up but I was out of country and that why I payed more for fast shipping. When I came back on october 22, 2011 they said my item was returned to china. I want the dress or the money back. They didn't send me an email or put the package on hold for the meantime. On the home page there was absolutely no phone number or email to contact them so they can know I was out of the country. Can you please return my money or send the package back

LightInTheBoxCares May 14, 2016

the order was fully refunded in May 2015 as below, we supposed you received refund 1 year ago, will you please check with your bank account as we suppose you do not aware that we had refunded once we get the parcel is returned back to us.
                        cybersource :[protected] USD -85.10 [protected]:46:10.0 refund

• Al
                        Alexandru Tihan May 28, 2015

I've already opened several tickets with no reply!!!

• Al
                        Alexandru Tihan May 28, 2015

Hello. I have made an order to lightinthebox.com on 15 march 2015.

Order details are:

ORDER NUMBER: [protected]

ORDER DATE: March 15, 2015

STATUS: Shipped

SHIPPED TO: Alexandru Catalin Tihan (Str.Chitila Rudeni nr 10 sect 1

Bucuresti, 700000 Romania)

Phone:40-[protected]

SHIPPING

METHOD: Distribuire Super Economii (10-20 business days)

BILLED TO: Alexandru Catalin Tihan (Str.Chitila Rudeni nr 10 sect 1

Received Payment

Received

All Shipped

Pending Processing

Estimated shipping time(10-20 business days)

Problem is that my order has not arrived until today. I have sent couple of emails asking kindly for my money back, a refund, but no answer until now. I am waiting for a response. Thank you.

• Ji
                        JISCal2 May 20, 2012

I did.

LightInTheBoxCares May 07, 2012

Dear djbf,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Let me follow up with you via email about your order. In the meantime, please send me the order number to [email protected] so I will be able to open a Customer Service ticket for you and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center and our customer service team will help you there.

Susan/LightInTheBox

• Ju
                        Juno May 02, 2012

TO: djbf dgvajbanewugfaq8ohgrs

The little available contact info for LightInTheBox, see below:

Contact Info
                        City: Beijing
                        Country: China
                        Postal code:100025
                        Blog: Blog http://www.lightintheboxblog.com/category/shop

Some of the many email addresses they use:

• Sl
                        SlayerGal Oct 25, 2011

If you asked the post office to hold your mail since you were going out of the country for so long, maybe you should ask them why it was sent back?

Unless you didn't do that? Since you implied you couldn't contact the company you bought from that you were out of the country. In which case, wait until the company receives the package back and hope for the best.

Also, I went to the site. At the top, there's a button for "help" which leads to "contact us".

Light In The Boxwedding dress

i ordered a wedding dress from light in the box paid out in fall including delivery charge when it was delivered to the uk it came in a tint box all screwd up and was charged an aditional £83 shipping charge bewear this was not in the discription and thy wont take the dress back and refund the money becuse there excuse was not to do with the company yet they new the destination the dress was going to

• LightInTheBox Aug 16, 2011

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand that many customers can be confused about the importation taxes incurred upon delivery.

We have included a full section in our Knowledge Page informing customers that in some cases, customs or import duties may be applied once a package reaches its destination country, and recipients are responsible for any additional charges for customs clearance. LightInTheBox.com has no control over the imposition of these customs or import duties and cannot predict what (if any) duties there will be.

Please refer to the following link: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c10/a29.html for more information.

LightInTheBox.com — poor returns policy

lightinthebox.com has a very misleading returns policy. While it seems like they are interested in satisfying...

Light In The Boxunknown charges

when my package was delivered I was asked to pay an extra £62 or I could not have the package
                        The company took away the package as I was unawear of these charges.

• Pa
                            paul chaney May 09, 2012

I purchased 2 wonderpad 7 inch tablets with cases.Ipaid freight charges and insurance which came to £278.44.I have received the goods but to my disgust Ihave had to pay an extra £46-98 cod to get my parcel.this I was told was for custom and excise duty because my parcel came from outside the e u.None of this was mentioned when I purchased the products.Very dissapointed with LIGHT IN THE BOX. I won't be using them again.BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE YOU ORDER FROM.

• LightInTheBox Aug 16, 2011

Dear Customers,

We want to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

We would also like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

LightInTheBox

• Re
                            rebecca guzel Aug 10, 2011

did you manage to get a refund from light in the box

Lightintheboxpoor quality poor customer service

Bought phone and it worked great for three months then froze up received no help in trying to repair. Bought radio tramitter Please see attahed as you can see the tem where the audio card is place is now an empty ho;e and certain parts are just falling off. The company did replace the item but the quality sound from the replacement was terrible. Bought another phone during the 3 months that the phone first phone was working great an android camera pics were terrible that did not bother me but after 15 days the display screen had lines see pictures below see the fix that lightinbox proposed1. We would be more than happy to avoid hassle for all of us losing many time and money to send items back and forth. If you would like to keep the product you received, we would like to provide 20% of product value as a compensation. And we will arrange the refund as soon as we have received your confirmation. This means $30.00 for a $150.00 phone
                          2.You can return the product to us for a refund. Cost to return $34.00 which they do not refund.
                          3.You can return the product to us for replacement. And we will arrange the replacement after we receive your return package. And the reprocessing and shipping time will be the same as your original order. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FRO THIS COMPAMY LIGHTIN THE BOX MEANS LIGHT IN QUALITY AND LIGHER IN YOUR WALLET

poor quality poor customer service
                          poor quality poor customer service

• Ty
                              tylerjx Oct 22, 2011

i have bought from them and i am waiting my order. i paid them through PAYPAL SITE directly. SO I AM NOT AFRAID SOMETHING. if items are cheap and wrong, then paypal will take action!! i agree totally with the above guy. life is so simple to make it complex.

Chuggy4848 Aug 14, 2011

Just to folluw up on the complaints above LIghtinthebox refunded all the cosst plus the shipment on the products as long as i provided the shipping and a photograph of the shipping details, Based on following their instructions of submitting a tcket the situation was resolved above my expectations. See below attached document below of my refund to my paypal account

Aug 4, 2011 01:28:24 PDT
                              Transaction ID: 8ED818841E553532A

Light in the box Limited. just sent you a refund
                              Light in the box Limited. just sent you a partial refund of $178.24 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Light in the box Limited..
                              The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
                              Merchant information
                              Light in the box Limited.
                              http://www.lightinthebox.com/ Note from merchant
                              None provided
                              Original transaction details
                              Description Amount
                              Purchase from Light in the box Limited. $191.66 USD 1 $191.66 USD

Total: $191.66 USD

Invoice Number: EC-9YT7551642183464Y
                              Questions? Visit the Help Center at: https://www.paypal.com/us/help.
                              Thanks for using PayPal – the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online

• LightInTheBox Aug 02, 2011

Dear Chuggy4848,

On behalf of LightInTheBox, please accept my apology for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us.

Our Customer Service team has opened a new ticket #1099733 with further instructions on how to return your items. Please log into your LightInTheBox.com account and check under "My Tickets" for the response. You may log in from here: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=login.

If you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question and they will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Light In The Boxcompany misrepresents clothing

I'm sorry I didn't check this site before placing my order with Light in the Box. I had hoped to purchase a dress for my son's wedding. The dress looked great on their website and exactly what I was looking for. I even paid extra to send my measurement so the dress would be custom made for me. The dress that arrived was nothing like it looked on the website and was over twelve inches too long for me. The color wasn't even close to what I ordered. And instead of this light, comfortable dress I ended up with a cumbersome, uncomfortable piece of clothing. I wouldn't think of wearing it to the wedding. The dress is supposed to be chiffon, not close and they have a double cotton lining that adds tons of weight. It's obvious that the dress is not custom made but just a regular size. Now I'm trying to get approval to return the dress for full refund. I know this isn't going to happen, but I will keep trying.

• LightInTheBox Aug 03, 2011

LightInTheBox

Light In The Boxreturn policy is horrible

Do not buy from them it is a scam.
                              I purchased a dress that was to have the same color sequins as the dress both brown when the dress came it had green sequins I wanted to return but was told I couldn't although the return policy states if a dress is not the same color or style. See picture the color of the dress was mocha not poop brown and the sequins were to be mocha not green.

return policy is horrible

• Vg
                                  Vgo May 02, 2012

Hi,
                                  I bought three art items from Light In the box. Two of them are OK but one is not. It's poor quality and doesn't meet my expectation. I tried to create my ticket number to return this item. The customer service explained that I have to pay shipping cost for returning. That's OK, I can pay this cost and really want to have it returned .. but they don't let me know the address for returning ...
                                  Basing on their policy, just allow to return within 7 days after receiving the item ... If they don't let me know the address for returning, how can I return it within 7 days ... ..I tried to contact customer service many times but there is no feedback ... Will not buy anything from Light in the box

• LightInTheBox Jun 29, 2011

Dear Kelly,

We have contacted you privately via the Complaints Board messaging system. Please do reply to our message and we will work out a solution for you as soon as possible.

We look forward to your reply.

Light In The Box — light in the box scam and id theft

I need to warn everyone of a scam that I nearly got pulled into. I ordered some electronic items online from...

Light In The Box Wedding Dressmy wedding dress

I bought my dress at lightinthebox.com. I ordered it custom to my measurements. When I recieved it the bust was 3 inches to small. My wedding is July 23rd 2011. I really don't feel comfortable sending it back without recieving a new one first. I do not want to get stuck with nothing at all. They offered me money to get it altered. You can't alter 3inches without extra material. They said if I return the one I have they can't gaurantee me a date the new one would come. I just want a dress that fits before my wedding comes. Who needs a wedding dress after the date of there wedding. Give me a break. I will send the small one back but I don't want to untill I have a new one in my hands that fits.

• LightInTheBox Jun 22, 2011

Dear wtracylee,

I have contacted you privately via Complaints Board so we can discuss possible solutions to your problem. Please do check that message and get in touch with us at your earliest convenience.