Complaints & Reviews

they keep taking money out of my account monthly

About 5 months ago I asked a medical question, and paid $18 for the advice. Since then every single month they have gone into my account, and charged $18. I have written them and asked them to stop, and said for someone to contact me. I have had zero contact with anyone. I will now go to my bank and inform them to not pay anything from this company. PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR CREDIT INFORMATION THEY KEEP USING IT.

• Je
    jean griffith Jan 05, 2011

justanswer doctors keep charging me $38.00 a month when i never got any answer from them. i did not know that the charge are an on going thing. i have ask them to remove this charge from my crdit card since september when i first contacted them, if fact the same day stating i never got an answer to my question. january 5, 2011 at this time my bill to them is $114.00

• Ml
    M-L Reifschneider Jan 16, 2011

I too am getting repeated monthly charges to my credit card for services not received! This is a scam operation EVERYONE needs to be aware of. I used them once 3 mos. ago, received unsatisfactory answers and told rthem so. I printed off an email response from them stating they were unhappy I was disatisfied with their service, yet every month they keep charging my credit card with $45.00. PLEASE BEWARE of this scam organization! M-L Reifschneider.

• Ml
    M-L Reifschneider Jan 16, 2011

I agree 100%. This is a scam organization EVERYONE needs to be made aware of!

• Jw
    J.Windon Mar 31, 2011

WOW, I am in the same situation & mine has been $30 since July 2010, and now having trouble with Bank as they said i agreed on this monthly service!!! I am though going to take further action! I was told you can go through the Fedral Police in your state? I am going to try what ever it takes, never know may see me on TV one day to warn people. I only paid (i think) as so long ago, that too me it's a lot longer than July 2010!
    The Bank told me what to do on "JustAnswerDoctors" site to STOP the money from coming OUT! It has really upset me, as on very low income due to Workers Compensation. I have never thought of them, never had any messages in my email account and NO other communication from them, only the once the very first time like i said, i believe longer than July 2010! Have any of you had any feedback from them either???

• Mb
    m berry Oct 26, 2011

i have just received another bank statement and just answer doc have taken another £5 OUT OF MY ACCOUT i do.nt ever remember ever signing up with themthis is stealing will someone please tell me if they have a phone No. for this lot or e.mail addressi would be obliged i have beeb in touch with my bank and if i do not get satisfaction from just answer doc the bank will deal with this nasty company get on you skates just anwer doc and stop this fiddling

Cayce Nov 15, 2011

On 7th October 2001 I sought a medical opinion by email from Just Answer Doctors and was charged $42.00 which was withdrawn from my Master Card. I also was charged $40.81 by Just Answers Doctotrs again on 7 October. On 14 October, Just Answer Doctors once more charged me $42.00. Now on 14 November I was charged another $42.00. Other than my initial request I have initiated no subsequent dealings with Just Answer Doctors yet they have been withdrawing money from my Credit Car4d (Mastercard) Account. They have withdrawn an aditional unauthorized $124.81 from my account. I want the amount of $124.81 representing unauthorized withdrawals to be refunded to my account. My email is [email protected]
    Kevin Crowley
    Phone 07 38883982

• Ti
    tired and sick Dec 19, 2011

I asked a simple one time question. The answer I got was its okay, don't worry. Well if I hadn't worried I would died. I had emergency surgery last week. Not sure if it "cancer" yet. I cancelled this so called one time deal and now have been two time in less than a month for $35.00. I cann't afford that. I got in touch with my credit card and they locked my accout, they refunded one month and the I have to see about getting back from the web site. This is a rip off!!! Big mistake letting them fonies know your account number..

• Sy
    Sylvia Sessler Feb 28, 2012

In the month of November 2011, I got in contact with Just Answer Doctors in order to have some medical information because I was diagnosed with a serious disease. I had one contact and dropped it since I didn't find that the information they provided met my needs. Since then, regardless of the fact that I have never contacted them again, my bank account is being debited of 40€ each month, that is December, January and February. Tomorrow I will go to my bank and ask them to block any payments coming from this dishonest site Just Answer Doctors.

• El
    eleanor white Apr 13, 2012

I would like to know why I am getting $100 taken out of my credit card...I have already cancelled my subscription...I would like you to reimburse my credit card...I do not want to be part of this scam anymore..& take my name out of your lists..i did get an answer from one of your doctors.& was satisfied..Only thought I should pay only once..

Resolved agreement disclaimer protocal

JustAnswer $23 fee. Nov 4, 2010. No, I didn’t sign their Disclaimer. Who would. But I am nervous that they have my charge card number. Also frustrating, I can’t find a way to phone them or send a direct email complaint. All communications are locked behind their website. J. Caldwell, Wheeling IL.

DISCLAIMER
Please click "I Agree" below to continue.
Information in questions, answers, and other posts on JustAnswer ("Posts") comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. Posts are for general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional advice (medical, legal, veterinary, financial, etc.), or to establish a professional-client relationship. The site and services are provided "as is" with no warranty or representations by JustAnswer regarding the qualifications of Experts. To see what credentials have been verified by a third-party service, please click on the "Verified" symbol in some Experts' profiles. JustAnswer is not intended or designed for EMERGENCY questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals.
Don't show this disclaimer again

• JustAnswer's response · Nov 04, 2010

Dear Jack,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can look into your account and take care of your refund immediately if necessary.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

Resolved justanswer.com taking money

I used Just answer once in July for a legal question. I agreed to pay $18 for the one time service. I have been billed $18 (unknowingly, since I have not paid attention to every charge on my account) the next 3 months. I was never told or agreed to a subscription for this website. I think they are running a shade tree business with the intention of getting over on people such as myself, who do not scrutinize their monthly statement closely. I go to the account section on just answer.com, and there is no option to turn off any recurring billing, as it states in the help section of the website. I will contact them via telephone and request a complete refund for all four $18 charges. I will update this post and let you all know if my request was accommodated.

• JustAnswer's response · Nov 09, 2010

Dear Ripoff and Kety065,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experiences. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent both of you private messages so I can take care of your issues immediately.

• Ka
    Katyo65 Nov 09, 2010

I agree this company is not a company but a scam to collect money for nothing.

• Be
    Benjoh Nov 22, 2010

I am ashamed of Adam for saying what he just did here. If the person has paid your company a fee than your company is obligated to help. Your company is anyway nothing but a bunch of collectors. You have no interest in helping. Most Collection Agencies today have to comply to FTA,
    JA does not. Why? Because they come under attorneys. There is a separate rule for attorneys. But this does not mean you people get to harass people all the time. Also people as this man writes and tells your company to not take anymore money from his account, you have better do it. And if he is due a refund, get it to him. Mister, I am a watchdog.

Johnny E Jan 06, 2011

I've just found a load of charges on my account too. They are a real company, however - I used them once successfully, but the 2nd time a helper got half way through helping me then disappeared, and seemed to tell his friends to do the same - he then charged me for answering the question 2 months later!

I don't think the post above is helpful to anyone's cause, as it clearly makes no sense - but I hope I will be getting some kind of pm too!

• Sy
    Sydney Steve Apr 08, 2012

These guys are scam artists. They quote Australian law, but they are in the US, therefore they're advice is illegal because you are not registered to practice law in Australia, and secondly, you repeatively bill my C.C without my consent so that is Credit Card fraud. So, tell me this, what repudiable law firm allows itself to do credit card fraud and get investigated by the Police?

So, my advice, go see your bank and get the CC entry reversed as a "non authorised transaction", or " unable to apply voucher" and get your money back. See if the bank can bloakc their entries, or you may have to get a new credit card to stop thei scam antics

• Be
    Benjoh Apr 09, 2012

If Adam's company is indeed Collection Attorneys, they have to follow FDCPA RULES. If in the agreement that you so willingly accepted, did you read it before you checked it? However attorneys should not scam people out of their money by continuing to collect for 5 seconds of your time. So if you people feel that this is a scam, then report it to the Federal Trade Commission and your state Attorneys Office of Consumer Complaints.
    I am not an attorney, but I have had many great advice from attorneys from all over the United States by telephone and not the Internet that has helped me. Unless you have gotten a Summons that you need to answer, you do not have to answer letters written to you by collectors. More over, you need to ask for proof within the first 30 days of the first letter (those letters address to you without a return address) using FDCPA RULES. Collectors are suppose to to stop all calls during the thirty days of receipt of that letter. Be sure to sent the letter certified return receipt to be sure they got it. Okay if you do not hear from them and they call you, then send them a Certified Mail Cease and Desist Letter. They will have to stop contacting you, except to send you a letter stating that they are not going to contact you. Attorneys offices that collect do have to follow these same rules. They are not exempt from contacting you. Like when I go to court, I hope within a few weeks, I can shut down 2 collection agencies in one blow. We have our information and it is damaging to both companies.

Resolved fraud/no refund/false advertisement

This website disclaimer advertised free answer to your question if you are not satisfied with your answer. As long as you place a "goodfaith deposit" of 22.00. So I gave them my paypal account # which had no balance but is linked by checks from my bank account. I asked my question, and instead of getting an 'answer' the "expert" wanted to chat and I did not want to so I denied to accept the answer. The contract on the website says it "justanswer will not charge your account unless you click on the accept answer button" of which I never did. I have tried to contact them about a refund the first 2 times no reply, the last time I was sent a receipt that said they did credit my paypal account back 21.36. Which has still not gone gone through!!! I just noticed this site has many other complaints on just answer and I am appalled and I only wish I had read this site before I handed over a link to my account!!!

Thanks for your help!

Copy of the e-mail

Service message

Refund confirmation

Hello,

This message is to confirm that we have processed a refund in the amount of $21.36 on your justanswer® account.

Your credit card info:. Your paypal account: [protected]@msn.com.

Transaction id amount time
7383014 $22 10/14/2010 9:31:11 pm

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 21, 2010

Dear Stephanie,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message and I have also resolved the issue with regard to your PayPal refund and processed the refund back to your account.

• De
    Derek L Aug 26, 2011

Just answer did sort out my printer problem o.k, However, my credit card company has just informed me that a fraudulent purchase has been made using my card details! The last time I used this card (via Norton Security) was with Just Answer. This has never happened before as I am very careful usually. Comments from Just Answer would be appreciated. Derek

Resolved debits on my visa account

Some 4 months ago i used Just answer to seek information about a Computer problem. I received an answer, which was not helpful, but understood a charge was in order. Since then, each month I receive a charge of $22.00 from this company.I want a. For this to stop and b. For charges beyond the first one to be refunded

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 20, 2010

Dear Paul,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately. Gatortracks did post the correct directions for unsubscribing from the subscription program.

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 22, 2011

Hello Ernie,

I have sent you an E-mail that will hopefully clear up some of the issues that you're experiencing on your account.

Feel free to reach out to me if there is anything else I can be of assistance with.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 13, 2013

Hello Mogens,

I'm sorry to hear about any inconvenience that you encountered in using the site. I was able to use the email address that you provided to pull up the account and it appears that the funds were refunded back to your card In March of 2012.

If you require any further service at all, feel free to reach back out to us. You can reach customer support 24/7 at [email protected]

• Ti
    Tina Ewane Dec 09, 2010

I asked a question on the 10/11/10. The advice was poor advice. I asked the lawyer to stop as time was of essence. I didn't press the green button for payment. How on earth did Justanswer collect not one payment but two payments. One dated 11/11/10 and the other 15/11/10? Is this process beginning to abuse accounts? I want these payments refunded to my account asap and I will contact my bank as well for this unprofessional conduct. You don't collect fees where a satisfactory job was not rendered. That is your charter!
    Tina Ewane

• Un
    Uncola7 Dec 17, 2010

Hey gatortracks, that ### doesn't work. The entire process is ### because there is no "on off button".

• Er
    ernie83 Feb 11, 2011

I had a $28.00 charge on my discover and called just answer. The person i talked to said it would be removed and i would get a confirmation email. Haven't recved it yet. How long should it take?????/

• Er
    ernie83 Feb 12, 2011

where do we view our answers????

• Ro
    Roswitha Vorhauser Aug 09, 2011

To whom it may concern!
    My name is Roswitha and i was with just answer last week to get help with my computer problem, in the end upsolutley nothing was done or resolved, i did not get an email back either, and today i found out on my bank statement You charged me $ 37.08 for upsolutley nothing!!! I'm really outraged about that, because Your site says; only if the problem is solved, i have to pay!!!
    I sincerley hope You will refund that money into my bank account!
    Regards
    Roswitha

• Ro
    Roswitha Vorhauser Aug 09, 2011

To Whom it may concern!
    My name is Roswitha and I was with just Answer last week to get help with my computer problem, in the end upsolutley nothing was done or resolved, I did not get an email back either, and today I found out on my Bank statement You charged me $ 37.08 for upsolutley nothing!!! I'm really outraged about that, because Your site says: only if the problem is solved I have to Pay!!!

I sincerly hope You will refund that money back to my bank account!
    Regards
    Roswitha

• Re
    Reg Whitehead Mar 19, 2012

from [email protected] I recently purchased a tablet and was offered free advice on operational matters from "justanswer tech sprt" which did not fix my problems anyway. I have had some emails since offering to help but I did not accept the offer for help.
    Now I find that I have been billed twice, $27 EACH time. Please stop this billing and refund my $54.
    Sincerely Reg Whitehead.

• Mo
    Mogens Boe Nielsen Mar 20, 2012

To Whom it may concern! My name is Mogens Boe Nielsen and I was with just Answer long time since to get help with my computer problem, in the end upsolutley nothing was done or resolved, I did not get an email back either, and today I found out on my Bank statement You charged me DDK 235, 00 for upsolutley nothing!!!

• Mo
    Mogens Boe Nielsen Mar 20, 2012

Forsøg på snyd fra dette USA firma

Resolved unauthorised payments from my account

£ months ago I asked for help and wsa told that the charge for this would be the equivalent of & pound;21 (They quoted in $'s).
The advise they gave was to contain a high street retailer.
They have continued to take the & pound;21 from my account for the past 3 months
How can I stop the payments please
Thanks
Kathy

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 12, 2010

Dear Kathy,

cancelization

I cancel the membership on first day. They said they would, but they don't. They been take fees from my debit...

Resolved unauthorised payments taken from account.

I went on line to ask a Mechanic a question re a heater blower malfunction in my BMW car.I agreed to pay the one off payment of £22.00.This was for one time only.Since then further amounts to the same value have been taken without my authority from my account.This has happened on two further occasions.As stated by me I agreed to only one payment and therefore want a refund of the money amounting to £44.00 which has been unlawfully removed from my account.Incidentally the advice I was given was totally wrong and made no difference at all.

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 11, 2010

Dear Anthony,

- Adam

Resolved taking more money than I agreed

I asked a question on the Just answer web site in April 2010, it was answered to my satisfaction and I opted to pay from the options given to me a total of £7.00. I have not used the web site since and yet every month the company Myjabill.ComCa take £7.00 from my account. How do I stop them? How do I get the money back?

I have emailed them with no reply.

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 11, 2010

Dear Meg,

- Adam

Resolved taking money out of my account without permission

I was referred to Just Answer by British Inland Revenue informing me You would solve my problems but alas you did not so I cancelled my membership within 24 hours but I have been charged 11 Pounds sterling every month since april this yearamounting to 55 pounds sterling> You are charging my account (last 4 digits pn caard 4009)
name Mr I.M.Grant 49 Wensley Road woodthorpe Nottingham NG 5 4JX UK Tel no UK [protected] I want thids sorted out before bring solicitors into it. An urgent reply is requested. Ian M. Grant
message ends

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 05, 2010

Dear Ian,

Resolved legal advice

I sent information (as succinct as I could) about a neighbour dispute matter. The first lawyer to answer told me that the area of law was one in which he was not an expert and passed over my request for advice to other "experts". One supposed lawyer answered to state that I had to summarize the matter. I summarized it in the amount of words permitted - to be told once again to summarize the content. I did this and did not receive any answer.

I note from my credit card statement that I have been charged £11.00 and would like this to be refunded. I completed whatever section was available asking for a refund but my credit card statement shows clearly that I have been charged.

It appears that this site is a scam. Can someone please assist me in obtaining a refund?

My e-mail address is : [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

• JustAnswer's response · Sep 27, 2010

Dear Norma,

Resolved over / over charged

I contacted your group last month (28 - 30 aug) as i was having difficulties and somehow got you. I was advised of your charges and your policy of a full refund if i wasn't satisfied with your service. I did not proceed with getting assistance of any kind from you, and as a 67 yr old pensioner who believes when guarantees are promised, i'd like to think this will apply in this case.
As i had to give you my credit card details you have this information to send a credit for the a$18
That was deducted from my credit account. I look forward to this matter being rectified - thank you
Allan manton

• JustAnswer's response · Sep 24, 2010

Dear Allan,

chulmleigh deacon Feb 16, 2010

Un authorized charge of $48.00 posted to my credit card account.

chulmleigh deacon Feb 16, 2010

Regret that I forgot I did make a legitimate charge with JustAnswers.com in January 2009. Please disregard the previously posted complaint.--Chulmleigh Deacon. Have registered this correction with the complaints website in the meantime.

Resolved taking money out monthly

I asked a question in June and agreed to pay £13. but the following month of July, and August, they have also taken £13.I want them to cancel, but they say I have to guarantee a further £28 to get an answer.My next course of action is going to be a signed dispute form with Capital One.

• JustAnswer's response · Mar 01, 2011

Dear Vicky,

I’m very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service. I was unable to locate an acocunt using the informaiton that you have provided so, I have sent you a private message so I can work with you further to locate your account.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

• JustAnswer's response · Mar 19, 2011

Hello Kevin,

I was able to pull up your acocunt using the informaiotn provided and I have sent you a message regarding the refund which was processed.

Let me know if there is anythign els ei can be of assistance with.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 13, 2013

Dear Juanita,

samira1354 Feb 01, 2011

Hi my name is samira abdolkhaleghi .I contact you guys on october and asked a question and I also paid 34 dollars by my credit card same month . but I just notice that you guys are still charging me 34 doolars each month till now wich is febuary .
    in total you charge me for 102 dollars .
    you are lawyer and I trusted you, this not right taking advantage of peapole .please contact me on my email :
    [email protected] or call me at 604-722-6806 and please return my money back as soon as possible .

• Su
    supuu Feb 26, 2011

Hi my name is Vicky, i contacted Justanswer lawyers in January 2011 enquiring about a legal issue which I never received an answer/reply. I paid £22 using my credit card. In february, I realised that the company (justanswer) had taken a further £22 from my credit card, I do not remember having subscribed to a monthly payment system with the company. Why should a firm that claims to be reputable and professional act in such a fraudulent manner; not only did I not receive the information i requested for despite having paid but they continue charging me for delivering nothing.
    I need a refund of £44 plus any charges I have incurred contacting my credit card issuer and the money they have expended in carrying out the investigation on my behalf.
    Contact me on my email [email protected]

• Ea
    eatchicken Mar 14, 2011

Hi, My name is Kevin and I've grown concerned over Just Answer Layers today. I came by the site beliving that it was a legitimite website promising to despinse information at a cost of 32 euros, in January 2011. I agreed to pay 32 euro for information that I wanted and yes I did get the information and was billed in February.

However, I noticed on my credit card on March 2011 that again I'm paying 32 euros to Just Answer Layers for no reason. This is a contradiction to a web site who promises is legal advice when they themselves comitt a crime of fraud.

In the interest of playing fair, I need this refunded. Contact me at [email protected]

• Vi
    victim of just answer May 01, 2011

just ask is nothing more than a fraud.The bozos on this complaint site are in it together.I am a legitimate victim and have had to cancel my credit card to stop them from taking money out of my account.I have also complaines to my credit card company.I am sure I am stuck paying this bill on my card before cancelling.So spare me this soap opera Vicki, Kevin and Adam because like the site you are frauds.Just a warning to anyone who falls into this trap.Cancel your credit card immedietly.

Canwest Vending Jul 08, 2011

Did not know we had to pay every month for a service we do not use. Used it once did not quite answer my question do not need this service anymore. Wish to have deduction cancelled

Canwest Vending Jul 08, 2011

Hope not to see another charge on our Visa acct... People have to stop being taken in by these companies. Not fair play to take money out of someone's acct wthout permission. Isn't that called stealing!!!

• Th
    Thandiwe Oct 07, 2011

last year l had a question that l asked pertaining to naturalisation as a British citizen.For that help you charged me £22 and that was in september 2010 .since then l discovered that every month you have been taking that amount for whole year.This was not the agreement that we made, according to my understanding it is fraud.I HAVE MY BANK STATEMENTS WITH ME AS A PROOF.

• Ez
    Ezekiel Atewojaye Mar 14, 2012

I just discover that Just Answer Lawyers company tagged as (justanswer) had taken a sum of £42 from my bank account on the 29th of Feb.2912..
    I need a refund ofthis £42 from to my account immediately because there is no reason for thjis illegal deduction.I expect this group of lawyers to behave professionaly and reimburse my account without any hesitation as the cannot justify their reason for the transaction.

Ezekiel Atewojaye

• Ju
    juanitab Aug 07, 2012

This service is a rip off and I am contacting the states attorneys office and the BBB to lodge formal complaintes about the scam. i have not used this serivce, and am being charged 48.00 permonth fr what?? i have emailed and requested a refund and cancellation but have not recieved an answer or refund. I am tired f being taken advantage of, and will not rest until this is resolved.

printer problem

I am being charged 54.00 for answers on my printer.It did not work, I told them so, and I have it on my...

automatically charging my bank account/card.

Last month I actually used the services of Just Answer.com and paid for the service on-line via bank debit card. Now this month there is an automatic re-occurring $9 "subscription fee" I being charged for. I never agreed to this subscription and I didn't have to pay one the first time I used them. This is what gets me, the telephone number they post is an automated attendant and offers no selection to speak to customer service. The website doesn't offer a customer service selection either. When I contacted my bank to seek assistance in blocking or preventing further charges I was told the only way i can stop it is to close out my account and re-open a new one. I don't have to tell you what an inconvenience this is, but I am doing anyway to stop this criminal act against me.

Please let me know if there is other ways to dispute something like this or to at least complain to them directly. I would like to at least have my complaint heard, thank you for listening.

Denise Janing-Burnside

pat murphy Oct 16, 2009

was told get legal advise but required credit card deposit of 28 dollars, and if not satisfied with answer could get deposit taking off. i was really expecting to get it form the judge but this just ansmwer.com showed .they also text my phone which i said was ok but now cannot delete them from my message list of people.i told them i was not satisfied with answer but it still shows on that account and ive been trying to get account closed but to confusing to get around on their site.can someone please help

Resolved taking money from bank account

I have once asked a health question online and this site came up. I thought it was a one off card payment, but on checking bank statements they are taking £11.00gbp plus exchange rate to US dollars.
I can not get in contact to cancell any payments bank not helping

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 30, 2010

Dear Mrs, Morgan,

- Adam

Resolved debiting my account when not authorised

I used your services once or twice at the most, & yet for at least for the past 4mths you've been debiting my account for $69. Oo every month without my approval, & this must stop immediately. My own son is now a lawyer, so I don't require your services. I haven't for some time.In fact you owe me for all the months that you've been debiting my account. This must stop immediately or I shall be forced to take further action. I require an email from you immediately to say you've stopped debiting my funds. I think they call this fraud!!!
Ruth gibbs.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 17, 2010

Dear Ruth,

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 30, 2010

Dear Steve,

I have sent you a message to look into the matter of your account for you.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 22, 2011

Hello Paula,

Thank you for the information. I was able to locate your acocunt using the information that you provided and we have resolved the issue with your account.

I have sent you a personal e-mail with the details, feel free to get back in touch with me if you have any other concerns.

• St
    Steve Lawman Aug 24, 2010

I am currently visiting the UK & have an issue with a family matter, in using your site for help & advice, I was asked to further give more information. Before doing this & getting a result I had money debited from my account.Why is this???? I'm not impressed!!!
    I can be contacted on [email protected]

paula sargent Feb 21, 2011

I have written you to several times and have had no response. I used your services once in September 2010 and you have been debiting my credit card four times since then, to the point that I had to cancel my credit card. You have neglected to contact me despite my writing to you four times. I demand that you contact me on my email - [email protected] today (22/02/2011) to resolve this once and for all, before I take this to the ASIC. I see that you make a habit of this - but to ignore my request is just plain unprofessional - call yourselves Lawyers! Paula, Brisbane, Australia

Resolved unauthorized debit on my credit card

I visited the web site on 2010-05-05 to request information, but at no stage did I provide my consent
to this company to debit the amount of R124.00 on a monthly basis on my credit card.
The transaction for the monthly debit of R124.00 should be stopped immediately and the amounts
debited since May 2010 should be refunded immediately. The amount of R 496.00 should be refunded for the following debits:
5 May 2010 : R124.00
5June 2010 : R124.00
5 July 2010 : R124.00
5 Aug 2010 : R124.00

Please refund and provide me with the proof of cancelation and refund to email : [protected]@saps.org.za

CD Theron

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 12, 2010

Dear CD,

• Dr
    Dr M Vollmering-Schug Sep 23, 2015

I never gave them my credit card number and I got help at all. I was charged on Master Card 22.9.2015 A$ 76 + A$ 5. I want the refund immediately. My card number is :5326 5552 0400 8808
    Mobile: +61 (0) 457221016

Resolved cant get refund / overcharged

I tried justanswer.com to get the answer to a problem I was having with a microsoft product. I got the answer on my own from microsoft, but even after I told jusananswer that i'd gotten the answer, they charged me. When I asked how to get the refund they said would be available, they charged me to answer that question. Needless to say, i'm not happy. I don't dare tell them so, because they'll just charge me again, since they have my credit card number. Don't use justanswer.com. I don't doubt that they have exoertise; I just don't think much of their business practices/ethics.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 10, 2010

Dear Chrish51,

• Fr
    Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

• Bw
    bwasham Jan 24, 2011

I had a similar experience, they told me to purchase the software I was already using to upgrade my Windows Vista (to Microsoft Windows 7), even providing an ebay link. Didn't need it - already had it. They even said I couldn't upgrade an OEM version of Windows Vista to Windows 7, which is not true. I had thought they were working for Microsoft because of the search link that came up with them as Microsoft help, but became suspicious when the ebay links showed up in their answer posting. I then contacted Microsoft and got the answer I needed, which was to contact the software vendor (Digital River) for a product key. The original problem was Microsofts fault (didn't specify whether a Windows Vista or Windows 7 product key was required), but the Just Answer Tech didn't consider my problem, just gave a bogus but clever answer that the average person might believe. I complained but they never acknowledged the bad answer, and after a few days a $38 charge showed up on my account as permanent. The credit card co. called them and Just Answer claimed a credit is being processed, we will see. Highly recommend you use a credit card for web transactions so that you have a dispute advocate.

Resolved money and identity theft fake site

This site is grossly misleading and should be shut down!

They have all these misleading things on the home page like, a list of names :(The New York Times, etc) and things that look like 'Seals of Approval' and a Good Morning American video that are supposed to make you think that this is a legitimate, safe, and widely approved site so you will go right ahead and SEND THEM MONEY BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU A SERVICE.
They freeze your money in your 'account' and if you aren't satisfied, you have to force them to give you a refund. If I had not used Paypal, I would have had to report their charge on my credit card as fraud.

My personal gmail account which is MY ACTUAL NAME was somehow associated with the small amount of personal information I typed in WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!
It suddenly appeared on the screen folks, gangked from google, because I DID NOT TYPE IT IN!

I never typed in my gmail address, but there is appeared against my will, and since it was my real name, it was then associated with a very personal medical question I had asked a supposed actual doctor. The profile for the doctor was obviously fake, as the profile I was lead to believe I was accessing became a fake profile once I asked the question, with a completely different photo and fake info.

I was thorough and extremely detailed, and asked a very specific question. Not only was my question completely ignored, but the fake doctor left about three generic sentences, the first was the absolute worst case scenario and the first thing that comes up a million times when you google the first few symptoms I listed... the second being 'or maybe it is just stress' which was quoting me directly, AND NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, useless, and the third sentence told me to go see a real doctor. I googled the question BEFORE I went on the site and received tons of information, but nothing specific to MY case, so I went to their site to pay a doctor for specific answers. It was as if a robot pulled two key words from google, and then told me to go see a doctor. Of course, I refused to pay for this, but my money was 'deposited' and I couldn't get it back, so I asked 3 times for a refund and received no answer.

I had to start a Paypal DISPUTE to get a REFUND and a response from JustAnswers.com., which is an obvious scam, these are not professionals answering your questions.

They however did not address the emails from me demanding that they delete my email address from their website, as they will share EVERY DETAIL of your personal information INCLUDING every detail of the question you ask with anyone and everyone on the internet. So I had to eventually sort that out, and change my email address, but I asked them to delete my account entirely, and I have received no answer. I'm still trying to figure out how to have the information permanently deleted, but as far as I can tell, they now own all that I entered on the site, and they have the right to share that info with anyone. So, they stole my email address from some associated Google Yahoo cookie, they stole my money, they refused to protect my information and identity, and now they refuse to let me delete my account. I feel really lucky that I got a refund, but I did have to start a dispute to get one. I'm Glad I used Paypal! Imagine having to go through this with your credit card company!

JustAnswer is a gigantic scam site, do NOT give them your personal information, your banking information, your email, or your money, you will be sorry!

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 09, 2010

Dear Scam,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately and remove any personal information that you may have posted to the site.

pawnraider Aug 16, 2010

Just curious. Did you respond to the person above who claims to be from JA or did you ignore him? I got a similar message from him.

• Fr
    Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!