Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] answering service

JustAnswer charged me $5US(fully refundable?)to enter their services, i asked a computer related question, but recieved only a request for $68US! No answer was forthcoming, and the next day, and without authorization they attemped to remove said money's from my account(which was fortunately locked)! A further $16US was attemped the next day! I'm sure I'll never see my $5 again, or recieve an answer! This occurred on or around the August 2nd. 2018 in Australia! I only want my $5 back as promised, and to warn others of this dispicable practice! No invoice or cliam number has been provided by JustAnswer at any time or in any way! My bank(Commonwealth of Australia)is seeking a refund on my behalf due to services not rendered!
I am providing this information as a courtesy to help mitigate future transgressions!
Regards Allan.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 07, 2018

Hello Allan,

We're sorry to hear about the frustration. I'll try to explain and get this resolved for you.

This information regarding the deposit is displayed on the page where the customer is prompted to submit their payment details and questions are posted only when the customer acknowledges and accepts the payment terms.

It sounds like an Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due, however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we can look into this further. We can be reached at 1-800-509-5721 or by email at [email protected]

[Resolved] medical advice

Went online to ask a simple question I had failed to ask my doctor today (and now his office is closed) - gave all the information several times in what looked like a live chat with the PA (although it kept repeating itself - same words - later) and said a doctor was waiting - but first they needed a refundable $5. So I put in my Capital One Credit Card. Rejected by Paypal. Then I put in my debit card. Rejected. I put in my second debit card for another bank - rejected. When I tried to get back to the PA and explained this, I just got in the loop (the doctor is waiting - put in your $5.)

Checked with Capital One and saw that the $5 was pending. Asked them to cancel it. Never got an answer; never got a live response from anyone at Just Answer.

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 06, 2018

Hello Marilyn,

Thanks for letting us know about this. it sounds like you might have had some technical issue posting your deposit. We can have our Customer Care team look into this if you can reach out to us.

We can be reached at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-509-5721.

We look forward to hearing from you.

JusttAnswer Customer Care

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] charged my card for subscription without consent

A charge has appeared on my monthly statement for $47 from JustAnswer without my consent. I never signed up for a monthly subscription. This charge only appears on my bank statement, and does not appear on my order history on the Just Answer website. I demand a refund immediately. Charge occurred 7/26/2018. This is a deceitful practice and must be resolved.

charged my card for subscription without consent

JustAnswer

Hello Sara,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this, we apologize for any frustration.

In looking at your account it does appear that you were able to get in touch with one of our customer care team members and that a refund has already been issued for the charge.

Your membership has been cancelled and the recurring billing has been turned off but you can still come back at any time and continue to post questions.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unauthorised credit card charges

Dr David Griesel; Acc Number8776043160; order number [protected]-290.
I had one only question with reply. I never instructed or requested any further assistance nor membership of any kind. I am Charged for RSA R 86-00 monthly on my credit card, I cancelled my membership but I am still charged. Pleas stop this Debit Order on my Credit Card immediately. I tried to attach a copy of this transaction scanned, appears to be non compatible.

Hello David,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration.

Thank you for providing the order number for your question. I can confirm for you that it appears that your membership was turned off on 7/24/2018.

Your account will remain open but you will see no further recurring billing.

Please let us know fi you need any further assistance and we're happy to help.

• Resolution Statement

not happy with the answer provided but you. still took the money and have. continued. to. take money out of my acc I want. a full. refund

The answer to my question, was not acceptable and I told you of this. You still took the.initial payment and.have.continued to steal more money.out of my.account. I did not state at any time Was I happy with the.stupid answer I received and the ageement does state that the money would.come out of my account if the answer was satisfactory and it was not I want a full.refund for the initial.payment and the following months you have.taken money out of my account. To say that this is a scam is an understatement it is daylight robbery. You have no record of my email address yet you still take.money every month

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

I did not authorize these charges and did not receive any sort of service or product. these are fraudulent charges stemming from a scam web site. please refund my money immediately. kara mcdowell [protected]

Charges;
05/09/2018 $5.00 justanswer *depos chk card pur [protected] ca 023048
05/14/2018 $29.00 justanswer *docto chk card pur [protected] ca 097992

Hello Kara,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. These charges do look like they are from our company but I can assure you we are not a scam.

We've tried to call you a the telephone number that you provided above but it appears that you've not set up a voicemail and we were unable to leave a message when no one answered.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we'd be happy to look into this matter for you. We can be reached at 1-800-509-5721 or by email at [email protected]

[Resolved] iphone

My iphone was not working due to some liquid damage. I never recieved any proper response. I registered because it said 5$ then automatically 54$ was deducted from my account on the same day. Again after a week 74$ was deducted telling you have registered for a free trial. I just want all the money refunded to my account. I think its a spam please help me get me back my money.

iphone
iphone

JustAnswer

Hello Tejaswini,

We're sorry for the confusion about the good faith deposit. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

An Expert, Peter, responded to your question and it looks like you had a lengthy discussion about your iPhone, which is why you received a charge for the balance due of $54.00 however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

It also appears that you had opted into the membership program on your first trip to the site, which is what the $74.00 charge was for.

In looking at you account it appears that you've logged back into your account today and used the self help tools to cancel your membership and issue your own refunds.

Please let us know fi you need any further assistance and we're happy to help.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] ? virus being added to my computer

I called on Microsoft to help me and evidently I got someone on "just answer. I am not happy at all. You all charged me 5.00 and then another 42.00 on 7/9/ 2018 and then today I was charged 39.00 today that was taken out of my bank account. I called to get help and I think it is a SCAM and I do expect an answer. I do not want your help any more. I was not told about a Trial period and being stuck with this I think you all misrepresented your stuff and I do not appreciate it. I called to get someone to take what I thought was a virus which was really a scam and the guy did I think help me. He took it off. but now I am charged multiple times for a service that I did not agree to. I did agree to the 42.00. Actually it was a 5.00 charge. The I think there was a mention of 42.00. I know nothing about agreeing to a 39.00 charge and I want a refund ASAP. I want what ever you are trying to do to stop. I do not want your service any more. I do not think you are honest. So please I will copy this and if I have to go to other extremes I will. Thanks I expect a response within 24 hours. I do not want you all to have my email but I want this corrected as soon as possible.

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any confusion.

I can assure you that we didn't put a virus on your computer. We do have technicians that are able to help you trouble shoot and remove viruses as well as help get you set up with a reliable anti-virus software of your choosing, but that would only be done at your request.

It sounds like you might have opted into the membership program, which might explain some of the billing questions that you've got. We can definitely help to address any billing concerns if you can contact our Customer Care team.

Please reach out to us at 1-800-509-5721 or by email at [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you.

Justanswer Customer Care

[Resolved] unauthorized membership fee

My credit card has been charged $46 for some recurring membership fee on 07/12/2018 by JUSTANSWER, CA. When I check JustAnswer.com there is no record of any transaction or order. I am absolutely certain that I have not authorized such a charge and definitely never enrolled in any recurring auto-payments.
Looking at other similar complaints it is clear this is a scam. I'll have to change my credit card ASAP.

Hello Shi,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry for any frustration.

Thee is no need to cancel the card. You can reach out to our Customer Care using the Contact Us link on every page and we should be able to look into this for you. You can also manage any membership enrollment from the My Account link at the top of the page.

Please send us an email at [email protected] or give us a call at 1-800-509-5721 and we should be able to help wrap this up in a couple of minutes.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help.

[Resolved] unauthorised charge

I asked for one time assistence in March but they continue to charge my account repeatedly. I demand immediate refund of funds already withdrawn and halting any further action in my account.
I let the operator of the service to make the required adjustments in my table top computer and upon satisfactory changes the transaction was finished. I did not agreed to pay for continued Membeship of any kind.
Its a scam.

Hello Avigdor,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. It sounds like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service.

We can go ahead and get this membership turned off for you if you. You will need to reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-509-5721 and we can take care of this within minutes.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] product or service rendered is nothing. I had communication with the operator for few seconds

I am from Melbourne Australia, I have a new Canon printer under warranty. I was using Google to get Canon Australia. Your operator came on the line, on the 8th June 2018, I gave my credit card details without knowing that was Just Answer. As soon as I realized it was your company I told the operator not to use my ANZ credit card & disconnect her. Used Canon Australia and rectified my problem on the same day after few minutes.
I found I was charged on to my credit card as "Just Answer Deposit [protected]" A$5.15 and "Tech Help" A$45.32. No service rendered or any contact or communication established for Technical Help.
Only the amount for the operator's amount A$5.15 was reimbursed. Not the amount A$45.32 Tech Help. Would you charge your customers without proper help or contact established. ANZ Bank states that, they are still investigating for that last two weeks. Have they had any contacts with your company pertaining to this matter.
[protected]@yahoo.com. au
(61) [protected] (mobile)

Hello Srilal,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion.

It looks lie you did post a question and received a response form one of the technicians however it doesn't look like you ever logged back in to continue the conversation. We'll reach back out to you at the email address on file and try to reconnect you with the Expert.

Please feel free to reach out to us at any time at [email protected] or by phone from Australia at 1800-679-634.

justanswer remote

On 6/8/2018 I contacted Just Answer for help. I paid the $39.00 they said would have to be paid. Later I find out that on that same day the charged me an additional $43.00. I had only spoke with them one time and they could not resolve my issue.

After scanning my Bank Statement, I find that there has been another $58.00 removed from my account on 6/15/2018 for a Membership. I never requested a membership and the amounts they have taken from my account is fraudulent.
I am requesting a refund for the June 8, 2018 second charge of $48.00 as well as the June 15, 2018 charge of $58.00

[Resolved] billing and charges

Justin's doesn't have a clear f schedule. They advertizing $5.00 and then add 40 more. They automatically put you into a 7 day free trial. Which they don't tell you. When th 7 day period is over you are automatically put into a monthly period. non of which do thy tell you about. Their billing is in Manila and th English is bad. I now want to tell everyone that JustAnswer is not to be trusted.

• JustAnswer's response · Jun 13, 2018

Hello Feo,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you came away from the recent Experience with this feeling, that's definitely not what we intended.

In looking at your account it appears that you did opt into the membership, It looks like this was a mistake but it also appears that our Customer Care team was able to get that refunded and cancelled for you.

As for the deposit, we're sorry for any confusion that you experienced. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

An Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the remaining balance.

In reading the conversation, we're glad to see that it looks like the technician was able to help you get your computer up and running again.

If you've got any other questions, about the site or your account, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us and we're happy to help.

unethical behaviour

i used this service once only and paid by debit card in december 19th
i have now been billed for the last 5mths $95/mth . i havent been paying much attention to my bank statement till today so now i have un subscribed from them even though i had no idea that i was signing up for a monthly subscription at the time i used their service. My issue is that they never made it clear that this was a subscription and i expect that they will bill me again for this month, I believe this to be unethical as i only used the service once so i think i should be refunded every month after the first months bill which is $475 and maybe another $95 if they bill me for this month

• Updated by peter disgruntled · Jun 16, 2018

just answer have refunded my money problem is resolved thank you "just answer" they seem to
    be ok but i just hope they make it very clear that by using their service you automatically subscribe cheers

[Resolved] never agreed to recurring payments for nothing received in return.

logged on to this site for some help with my dryer. Cost was advertised as 5 or 8 dollars. talked to a person (chat) for a bit not much help there. then I got billed 40 bucks and later an other 55. for what? nowhere did it say that this was a subscription service. Then the person on the other end pestered me for a rating which I finally gave.
This is a total ripoff. I would like to get the 55 $ back.

• JustAnswer's response · May 31, 2018

Hello Urs,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

I'm sorry for the confusion about the good faith deposit. An initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question.

It seems that an Expert responded to your question which is why you received a charge for the balance due of $40.00, however, the Expert isn't paid unless you’re satisfied with the help received and rate the service accordingly.

We would be happy to take a look at your account and resolve any outstanding concerns that you might have. Please reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] or 1-415-400-7940 and we're happy to help.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] stand & deliver!

I contacted Just Answer yesterday under the mistaken impression that it was somewhere in Microsoft to sort out purchase & download problems & was dunned of SAR640 without finding anywhere to ask for specific help. OK, it is a lot of money to pay but maybe you can make it worth my while.

Before I went to England towards the end of April, I had to persuade Microsoft to download MS Office (Personal) rather than any of the other versions - including 2016!

I went off confident that I'd made my point, only to return on or about 22 May to find that Microsoft had taken SAR899 from my current a/c using my Visa cheque card (# ends in 7446). At the same time, I had a massive download of what seems to be some unknown version of MS Office.

Before thinking of what was going on, I tried to do the download, only to get the repeated message "We couldn't contact the server [which server?]. Please try again in a few minutes (0x80072F8F)." This went on for about 3h.

Please, for my SAR640, may I know:
which version of MS office has been sent to me?
if it is not the Personal option, how can I scrub off what is essentially a disc clog?
how do I get a refund of the SAR810 (i.e. SAR899 - SAR 89) lifted from me using my cheque card?

Yours,
Stephen Cridland (stephen.[protected]@bucknet.co.za)

• JustAnswer's response · May 29, 2018

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. While we do have technicians that can help to get to the bottom of this issue for you, we are not affiliated with Microsoft any way nor do we distribute any Microsoft products.

We will reach out to you at the email address provide din an attempt resolve any outstanding concerns that you may have.

In the mean time, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] or by phone from South Africa at 1-925-418-3893.

JustAnswer Support

mechanic answers

I typed in the internet about how to remove headrests from Audi A5. I gave them my details of car got a reply half hour later but was not for my car for a different model text back saying it wasn't the right answer he said it would be easier to call me and charged me 22 pound only to be told due to complications he couldn't call asked to be transferred to another mechanic but waited fourty five minutes and still heard nothing just looked on my bank and you taken another 24 pounds for what I don't know I want to be reimbursed all of what you've taken as I have not received the service I was told I would receive or I will go to ombudsman for advise please reply and sort this out as it's disgusting you are basically stealing money from my account

• Updated by Mark3174 · May 27, 2018

Brexit means brexit

[Resolved] lost hotmail from my computer and hotmail

I had a debit placed on my account of 52 euros, 19th May 2018 I was told my fee was refundable if no answer and that the fee was 5 us dollars. I was asked to supply more details but your screen would not accept my details as i did not live in north america so my spanish post code or zip code was rejected. I got no answer to my question as i could not advance from that screen

• JustAnswer's response · May 21, 2018

Hi David,

We're sorry to hear about this experience but we can definitely get this squared away for you. You should be able to use the site as normal and we even have an .es site for Spanish customers so it seems like there may have been a disconnect somewhere.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we can get this wrapped up in a few minutes. We can be reached by email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-925-418-3893.

unethical behavior

I was working with one of your techs trying to solve an email problem I had that suddenly happened. The tech's name on the discussion sheet is Uranmail. It became obvious to me that he couldn't solve my problem and at the end of the discussion he came back with a very unethical response that really upset me. I had stated to him that I thought he was too proud to ask some one else for help. He responded as follows: "The problem was me". I actually did a print screen of the last part of the discussion. See below:
Your 'compliant details' note regarding attaching a copy or the incident was what I wanted to do, but you didn't explain how to add an attachment (except photos or videos). There is no location to click to attach a copy of an email or a copy of the incident!

[Resolved] Unauthorized credit card charges and no service or answer provided.

Needed to repair an ice machine on a refrigerator and require advice as to why I could not get the water to run. I entered my credit card to pay a $5 fee to receive advice (was refunded). I did not receive an answer from them or any service. My complaint is that I didn't receive any service within 3 days nor sign up and now a 64$ per month charge has come through twice . No return emails on this subject. I have received an email acknowledging my cancellation but how do I get my $128 (Canadian)refunded. My order ID is [protected]-927. The phone number listed states I can not access them from my calling area. I used this service on March 23rd, 2018. They acknowledge my cancellation but do not stop the charges.

JustAnswer.com

Hello Garcon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your account. We've been able to locate your account and it does appear that you had turned your membership billing off yourself using the Self-Help tool a couple of months prior to posting this review.

We'll reach out to you privately to check and make sure that all of your concerns have been handled but please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

James R Hurt Jun 10, 2018

ONE JUNE 8 I CONTACTED YOUR SERVICES BUT DOING THE PROCEDURE CONTACT WAS LOST I GOT NO SERVICE THAT I WAS GOING TO ASK FOR BUT STILL CHARGE 39.00, 18, 00 AND 5.00 which are still PENDING. i was charge another 5.00 but when asked to cancel service was only issued credit for this please issue credit for these other charges.
    i have used your service several times over the years but not this kind of trouble. thanks

JAMES R HURT
    542 NORTH PARK
    HOHENWALD, TN 38462
    [email protected]
    931 306 2166

• Ju
    JustAnswer.com Support Jun 28, 2018

@James R Hurt Hi Jim,

It looks like the technician that you got in touch with was trying to offer Remote Access support to resolve the issue faster.

We'll reach out to you to get this resolved. We can reconnect you with the tech or get the refund processed if need be.

regards,

• Ek
    ekims Jun 19, 2018

I logged on to ask a question about my TV and paid the $5 fee on 05/06/2018. Not only did I not get an answer, buy I was charged an additional $51. I was also charged a $71.00 membership fee which I did not sign up for nor did I approve. So my $5.00 for the answer I did not get ended up costing me $127.00 in total ... unacceptable.

• Ju
    JustAnswer.com Support Jun 28, 2018

@ekims Hi Ekims,

Thanks for reaching out. it sounds like you did receive an answer but may have not navigated back to where you can see it. Regardless, we can get all of these concerns resolved for you if you can reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-509-5721

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices