Just Answer Dog Veterinaryrip off

N Review updated:

I asked them a question about dog food, After the last step they asked me for money before they would answer my question. What a total rip off.

RESOLVED

• Br
    Brandy S. Feb 01, 2021

My dog was not well it was 3am and we were trying to find out what to do. All local area vet offices were closed. We tried this service to find out what we should do or could do. I did not receive a response from the vet until 1:48pm in the afternoon. Every vet office answering service referred us to med vet. In my area it was an hour drive away and one that could have started earlier. Unfortunately I lost my fur baby at 4am because of their lack of response for an emergency situation.

Joanne McLaren Jun 26, 2018

I asked a question. They wanted more info about my dog. I thought to heck with this and I left the site and did not wait to receive an answer. But the following day there was a charge of $27 on my visa? Duh? Still charged and no answer given. I would not recommend this site at all. Money grab!

• Ju
    JustAnswer.com Support Jun 28, 2018

@Joanne McLaren Hi Joanne,

We apologize for any confusion. If you were asking a veterinary question it's likely that the vet was asking some more specific clarifying questions to get a better idea of the cause of the issue. This is the exact same thing that the vet would do in the office.

The charge that you incurred was for the question that you posted. Please reach out to our customer care department at [email protected] or by phone at [protected] and we'd be happy to look into this for you and see what happened more specifically with your experience.

Regards,
    JustAnswer Customer care

• Hu
    Husky Mommie Oct 31, 2017

I can only comment on my experience which was positive. The nearest animal emergency hospital is :30 from me, so when my dog ate one of my husband's diabetes meds, I immediately called the nearest clinic, who referred me to Animal Poison Control. They had me on hold for almost :15 (their fee is $65). I was online at the same time and found JustAnswer Dog.com. Yes they ask for your credit card and there a few prompts to answer but we're talking TWO MINUTES tops! I requested a phone call and the Vet called me in seconds! I finally hung up on the Poison Control line, I was still on hold.

The vet that called was very helpful, patient and reassuring. He asked me specific questions and offered two specific solutions. I followed his advice and am pleased to say my dog is fine. I also continued to do research online and everything I learned reaffirmed what he said.

I think it depends on who replies to your inquiry. I was fortunate to get a very kind and patient Vet, who for all practical purposes...was legit!

• Di
    Diane Lynne Gorgy May 14, 2017

I tried to use JustAnswer for a question on my son's dog, who ate an electrical cord that was not plugged in. After typing in my question (the site said answers are given in 10 minutes), I then went through multiple screens to pay, but then the site tried to make me upgrade the service to a higher cost service, and while I was waiting for an answer, it wanted me to change over to a phone call, which was an additional $28. My son ended up packing up the dog and taking him to the emergency clinic. Honestly, don't use this site if you have a true emergency. Your pet would die before you got through all the screens asking for more money.

• Ju
    JustAnswer.com Support May 15, 2017

@Diane Lynne Gorgy Hello Diane,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this experience, I'm sorry to hear about the frustration that you experienced and we all hope that your son's dog, Zero, is doing well.

With regard to the nature of the incident that you were dealing with. Our Terms of Service state that the site should not be used for emergency situations or in cases where emergency medical attention is required.

We can see that you initial deposit has been refunded to your PayPal account, please let us know if you need any further assistance at all and we're happy to help.

Regards,
    Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

• Ka
    Katy Perry Aug 22, 2015

In Aug. 21, 2015 I posed a lengthy vet question about my dog Dominick. Vet "Gary" was online. Paid the $21.00 and never got an answer.
    My name is Kathleen Perry.
    Guess "they" really don't care.
    Never use them again.

• Gx
    gxkelle Jan 20, 2015

I asked my question gave my credit info and they charged my account. I have not gotten an answer and when I try to ask them about it they just want my credit card info again.

• Dh
    dharv Nov 23, 2013

im sorry but i really disagree... i have been going through a lot of stressful vet visits and i needed a second opinion...i found a vet named Kara on there that has gone above and beyond my expectations. very caring and helpful...i actually offered more money.

when you love your pet as much as i do you dont think twice about the measly few dollars deposit they ask for especially compared to a vet.

• Ni
    Nicc7 Jan 11, 2010

They should at least warn you before making you type a ton of stuff, set up an account, and get all your personal info. What's with them giving you a choice of paying $9, $15, or $30. Do you get a better answer if you pay more? It seems this would only be helpful for someone who truly had no access to avet, a 24 hour emergency vet clinic, or who didn't have time to do a little online search for answers on their own.