JustAnswerFraud

R Review updated:

I've been charged $48 for nothing. I have no idea why this showed up on my credit card bill on 12/07. They are a scam.

Listed on my bill as:
Just answer experts my jabill.com ca

RESOLVED

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 28, 2010

Dear Mary,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

- Adam

• Tr
    Tri Minh Huynh Apr 18, 2019

JustAnswer is definitely an internet scam of serious credit card theft. Their tactic is to lure people with unsolvable problem to ask them question with a so called "good faith" deposit. Once they get your CC deposit, their steal the CC details and charge you on what they like (membership, advice charges, etc.). I my case, they forced their unwanted membership on me and charged me 69 AUD without my knowledge and consent. I have made several complaints and will continue to do so until they fix my problem and drop their fraudulent practice.

Tri Huynh. AP retiree

• Li
    LibraryLady1 Apr 17, 2019

Went to the NOLA website for tax advice as my husband is on disability and is being taxed at a high rate for his federal employee pension. The site directed me to a law firm that called immediately. The lawyer gave me some very bad advice and I thanked him and hung up. I looked at my bank statement and a week later I see an unknown charge from JustAnswer for 49.66 plus a trial membership charge for 1.86. I never visited this website. I never gave my credit card information to the NOLA site or to the lawyer that contacted me. How is this even possible? I will be disputing the charge and contacting JustAnswer to stop charging us for a service we never signed up for. How on earth were they able to access our credit card information? This is a dangerous and scary scam!

• Gu
    Gus-W Jan 27, 2018

I had an illuminating series of communications with JustAsk.com. Was having difficulty getting my iPhone to synch up to my iMac computer, so I searched the Internet for online advice from Apple. Up comes JustAnswer.mac. (Got that? Ends with .mac). Except it wasn't affiliated with Apple, but from a company with "experts" masquerading as Apple, unbeknownst to me. So they want my credit card data, and the next up pops a screen asking for a password, which I type in. BUT a message states that they already have my password on file! So I try all my Apple-related passwords, none work -- because this site is NOT related to the Apple company (despite their ".mac" suffix).
    Then they charged $30 to my credit card -- BEFORE I received any help from them! Trying to get my dispute resolved, I found a JustAsk section on the site that (supposedly) was there to resolve customer complaints. Except it was the site for their LAWYERS to answer questions -- for another fee! I typed my explanation and complaint, and found they had charged an additional $47 for what was supposed to be dispute resolution. Long story short: they did refund part of these charges and stated they canceled the attorney "fees".
    I don't know whether my threatening to complain to the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau made any difference.
    I have to wonder why Apple hasn't sued JustAsk for tricking people into believing that they are affiliated with the company as "JustAsk.mac".
    It appears that this is one of those companies that may give some good advice, but also trick people into giving out their credit card data so they can start ripping them off. Get that credit arid info up front, then start charging! VERY DUBIOUS.

• Ka
    Kathy Wynn Jul 26, 2016

I had a problem with an appliance. I was lead to believe that it would cost me $5 to ask, $11 when it was answered. It was cheaper that having someone come out to look at it so I agreed. I realized too late that they were billing me $26 per month for a "membership" that I did not sign up for. They even billed me twice in one month. Up till now they have billed me $156 that I probably won't get back. At least it taught me to be more careful with my bank statements. Don't fall for this scam.

• Fl
    Flo Papa Mar 22, 2016

3/22/2016 I have attempted to cancel my credit card, my account with Just Answer to no success, they charged me three times on one question, they have been charging a monthly fee, I saved my info and nothing in there says there is a monthly membership. I sent an email about 3 weeks ago asking for my account to be cancelled.

• Ra
    Rasta LaPasta Nov 12, 2013

Alumilte/Phil to V12tech/ Keith,
    Peer review was a good idea, but some experts are colluding with others to eliminate the superior competition that

way for nothing or very thin pretexts.
    From alumalite posted on the JA expert forum.

ttp://www.justanswer.com/hvac/7is9v-toyotomi..

BELOW IS BILLYJR IN A RECENT QUESTION SAYING A TOYOTOMI WAS "INTERESTING"
    WHAT AN IDIOT, HE THEN USES THE TOYOTOMI TO RATE ABUSIVELY

00900. Any idea of ages? Thanks, Greg
    Submitted by:Greg Kelsey 223 days and 12 hours ago.
    Category: HVAC
    Status: CLOSED
    Accepted Answer
    The SlantFfin boiler is the 9th week of 2000
    The Toyostove is also 2000
    The Toyotomi is a 1991

Billy
    You find all the interesting stuff...

HERE BILLY1961 TELLS GREG A TOYOTOMI IS "INTERESTING" STUFF...LOL!

Hello,
    This above was posted in our expert forum by alumilite, I responded with my experiences, not mentioning Billy1961,
    The next day however, I was negatively peer reviewed by Billy1961 and he mentioned the post, (not mine) and accused
    me of being on all experts in 2010, which evidences obsession with me on his behalf and this is all on record.
    I was sadly not suprised this is not seen as abuse use of the peer review process.
    There is an air of fear, it is not new, I read about the experts being afraid to respond, I have felt the same.
    The impression among the experts is it is an insider BILLY1961 using $30 questions to bait & rate abusively.
    Every abusive case is a new customer who is rude and without basis for rating us poorly.
    BillyJr feels confident he is not harming himself regardless of how abusive and bizzare his assertions became
    or how often he negatively peer reviewed new superior experts he sees as a threat, yet he lets ###s stay,
    much of it his ###tia lol.
    I have made many requests to mods and admins, some were acting sympathetic but would/could do nothing.

bmw850calypsored
    From alumalite
    Time 12/3/2012 8:33:55 AM
    Forum HVAC
    Report Type Positive: Agree

Explanation That was way brighter than most of us here, including me. why did you opt out? Phil
    New Answer

V12tech responds,
    To avoid BillyJr's wrath that's why.
    Result: Report has been completed and filed.

As evidenced by phil/alumilites comments, I(V12tech) am an excellent technician and
    am being manipulated and abused but I am not alone, see below, ...

-----------------------------------------------------------

AuthorComment
    warmneighbor
    100-249 Positive Ratings

Member Since: Sunday, September 16, 2012
    Posts: 1652

sent 2/17/2013 at 7:01 AM

I have a moderator saying that she will review the suspicious ratings. Give me your best links and I will include

them. especially for the period of the first week in feb. Let's not overwhelm her, just like 3 or 4.

This was good while work was slow but BillyJr has ruined it for me and is now abusing me too!
    That's what you get for being competent & showing him up daily lol!!
    Hang in there. I busted Billy the Bully several times now with the
    'you thing I don't know who you are but we know that you are anotherexpert trying to make us look bad".
    Never got a reply to that or from a moderator.
    I will be back as soon as I get caught up
    David(warmneighbor)
    gurutech67 (Scott)
    100-249 Positive Ratings
    Member Since: Saturday, November 24, 2012
    Posts: 961
    sent 2/12/2013 at 1:11 PM

That's what I thought when I read the questions, and no info and what person doesn't respond for 5 hours.
    Most legit clients are all up on the answer

this is blowing my buzz

And Billy1961, don't get me started the bone head blew someones circuit board on a question the other day,
    I salvaged it but still didn't get rated, Some customer service award...Just ask us and we'll burn ur stuff up,

might as well call Service experts. or Airtime, how about Clockworks, ...I am on a rantest now...see what you

started. LOL
    I noticed that you are creeping up in your ratings and that your rating is still better than mine.Billy is

slipping, imagine without Billy sabotaging our ratings at the gate how well we would be rating!
    I had a moderator ask me to answer a question and I said no thanks. it's not worth the risk. This crap destroys the

value to customers and overall quality, BillyJr has dumbed down the entire HVAC site to his level of incompetence,

the Peter principal in effect, LOL! Meanwhile unrated questions that have been answered by Billy1961 pile up like $20

dollar bills on a blackjack table.Too bad we cannot extend our expertise to the customers without Billy getting

furious when he is not the chosen one by his customers Oh well, I'm learning the rigged system.
    Glad you are ok, I never answer any of Billys customers as i8 am getting the treatment now too!
    You have probably seen how I get more and more agressive with ### like ...You have paid for this service but the

site keeps the money unless an expert is rated favorably. sometimes it works if you have been nice all along and

they didnt understand how it works.
    I have had help from two other experts in different categories warning abouit Billy's tactics and that was cool.
    An auto tech and an appliance repair expert said this was how all the experts know what ones are fake
    Any new customers are not to be trusted unless they have rated positively before then its safe.
    I think I might offer try the appliance repair forum to avoid BillyJr and give advice there because the crap BillyJr

pulls is too much.Do you think BillyJr is really Andrew Kurtzig? This is what many experts are saying they were

told.
    ----------------------------

-- Previous Private Message --

Andrew moderator responds to V12tech,
    Hi there, Yeah, peer reviews are an interesting tool. Have you sent this to [email protected]?
    Adam.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Keith(V12tech),

Scott (gurutech)here do you know how I can contact the moderator of the HVAC site at any given time, I just asked a

person for more info and the Q was locked until futher notice, coincidentilly (spellling) I had just answerd a Q

that Billy the BULLY had opted out of, he is now messing with me too now and warmneighbor!
    gurutech

Sent by : warmneighbor

sent : 1/14/2013 at 8:37 AM

See what you think of this reply

Pam admin,
    Member Since: Tuesday, February 19, 2008
    Posts: 30137
    Location: United States
    Awwwww thanks, Keith..just keep hanging in there :)
    on 12-30
    --------------------------------------------------------

From gurutech to V12tech

this is blowing my buzz

Yeah I seen it on a DIY site the guy go his new tankless waterheater intalled and it wouldn't work, and fount the

cover on the thermostat, a (blister type touchpad) was over the buttons upside down ... huh go figure, , , , I don't

like water heater questions... they don't seem to rate or pay... also Canadians...dang metric system. And

Billly don't get me started the bone head blew someones fuse on a question the other day, I salvaged it but still

didn't get rated, Some customer service award...Just ask us and we'll burn ur stuff up, might as well call Service

experts. or Airtime, how about Clockworks, ...I am on a rantest now...see what you started. LOL

I had a moderator ask me to answer a question and I said no thanks. it's not worth the risk. This policy has to hurt

the value to customers and overall quality. Meanwhile unrated questions that have been answered pile up like $20

dollar bills on a blackjack table. Oh well, I'm learning the system.
    Glad you arre ok, I have done that before too just opt out of all the ones that won't reply. You have probably seen

how I get more and more agressive with ### like ...You have paid for this service but the site keeps the money

unless an expert is rated favorably. sometimes it works if you have been nice all along and they didn;t understand

how it works.
    I have had help from two other experts in different categories and that was cool. A cat vet and an appliance repair.
    I think I might offer appliance repair and get expert advice on here because the trades are similar enough.

-- Previous Private Message --

sent 1/17/2013 at 10:40 AM

Phil/alumilite in a peer review of V12tech(keith)

New Answer

V12tech responds,
    To avoid Billy1961's wrath! that is why, too bad he is so afraid of competence, thanks for the heads up about Billys

baiting tactics!

Hi there,

--------------------------------------------

Gurutech (scott) to V12tech (keith)

Hey Keith,

Scott here do you know how I can contact the moderator of the HVAC site at any given time, I just asked a person for

more info and the Q was locked until futher notice, coincidentilly (spellling) I had just answered a Question that

Billy the BULLY had opted out of, now he is messing with me too!
    gurutech

--------------------------------------------------------
    Sent by : warmneighbor(Dave) to V12tech (keith)

sent : 1/14/2013 at 8:37 AM

See what you think of this reply

V12tech (keith) responds, ..
    OMG DUDE, this is ridiculous! Billy is autofellating himself with JustAnswers enabling LOL OMG what a loser he is
    I love the part where the customer insults you and praises him lol How many fake acccounts do you think Billy

has? I know he is several regular experts that he uses this way, the guy has dumbed down the site to his level!!
    Pam

Member Since: Tuesday, February 19, 2008
    Posts: 30137

Location: United States
    Awwwww thanks, Keith..just keep hanging in there :)

V12tech responds,

There is widespread fearin the expert forums regarding fake/abusive posters, as evidence gurutech alumilite and

warmneighbor saw it too, and all 3 of us are gone now!!!

If you look at my answers the the bad ratings were clearly abusive, all from accounts that where
    new or have never rated anyone favorably.
    If you examine my answers to valid customers, there are no bad ratings or any problem.

I was told by JustAnswer admins Billy was not being abusive or colluding with others to
    abusing the peer review(over70)process, however of the myriad of persons I have shown none agree.

I saw it, gurutech alumilite and warmneighbor saw it, Phil/alumilite spoke of the abuse in the expert forum!

I was warned BillyJr does this and makes fake accounts to rate new experts badly and it sadly is true.
    Shill customers are here to make us look bad, I see hundreds questions all to BillyJr from 2 shill customers(Greg

Kelsey fake home inspector, ROBHVAC, fake hvac tech), all asking ridiculous questions
    such as, how old is this furnace hundreds of times, try reaching Greg Kelsey's business! Its all fake!
    I reported this and it was denied as well, sorry if one has 600 excellent ratings from 2 customers with subscriptions

used commercially(against the TOS)over 2 yrs, they are stat padding, manipulating as evidenced.
    Abuses are ongoing and condoned, the evidence is tremendous and examples egregious.

I was railroaded and tried to do all I could to stop it as evidenced by my repeated requests for help.

Below is a typical example of BillyJr's blatant fraud and manipulations ongoing that have dumbed down the forum,

1, posted at 505pm for $30 ignored for 2 hours only after I bit was Billy now involved, BIG SUPRISE!

9 experts besides me were online at 505 pm when this was posted, yet nobody jumped on the $30 question,
    A BIG RED FLAG!! Had I not been warned of Billy's tactic I would have jumped on the $30 question as before
    and been rated badly!

In this case I sat back watching to see if ANYONE was ever going to answer this $30 question
    This was not typical behavior by the experts at all!! So I knew the warning was obviously true!

Sure enough at 540pm an identical TOYOTOMI question was posted!LOL!! BLATANT fake! 2 TOYOTOMI questions on the same

day, same hour, same model, is too coincidental factor in all the experts were ignoring the $30 question really proved

it!! So I sat back and watched, Guess who answered the 540pm Toyotomi question valued at just $9 yet still ignored

the 505pm Toyotomi question valued at $30!! BillyJr !!! In 6 minutes!! Billy was done withy the 540pm question
    and was rated excellent of course, lol.I waited 1.5 hours to 630pm and nobody touched the 505pm $30 TOYOTOMI

question, GEE why not?? BillyJr answered the $9 540pm question in 6 minutes, WHY was he ignoring the $30 505pm

one??? I WONDER?? LOL???

Finally I contacted an admin stating the situation and it was agreed that this was strange and if I bit this bait

and was met with an obtuse irrational insulting customer it would be evidence nailing BillyJr in the act, so I

stupidly bit the bait thinking JustAnswer administration was competent and cared etc, BIG MISTAKE AS EVIDENCED!
    ONLY AFTER I BIT AND WAS CLOWNED DID BILLYJR MAGICALLY MYSTERIOUSLY POP IN TO THE QUESTION HE AVOIDED FOR 1.5 HOURS
    AND LOOK AT HIS ANSWER THAT WAS ACCEPTED!IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID BUT WAS ACCEPTED LOL!!

AND THE SADDEST PART IS THAT JUSTANSWER ADMINS DID NOT AND STILL CAN NOT SEE ANY ABUSES!! PATHETIC

NOW FACTOR IN THE INTERESTING FACT THIS CUSTOMER JA FWEORZBRG IS ONE OF BILLYJR'S SHILL ACCOUNTS!!!
    EVIDENCED BY THE CUSTOMER BEING AN EXPERT AS WELL MADE THAT DAY!! HIS PICTURE IS IN THE QUESTION!
    NO CUSTOMER HAS THE ABILITY TO INSERT HIS PICTURE IN THE QUESTION AS AN EXPERTS APPEARS!!
    AND THE EXPERT/CUSTOMER HAS NEVER ACTED IN A CAPACITY AS AN EXPERT YET!!

VALUED AT $30 posted at 505pm, Billy and 9 other experts ignored it for 1.5 hours

VALUED AT $9.50 posted at 540 pm, Billy1961 answered it in 6 mins, yet continued ignoring the $30 question

THIS JACUSTOMER FWEORBZG AUTHOR OF THE THE 505PM $30 TOYOTOMI QUESTION IS A FAKE ACCOUNT, IT'S STATUS IS BOTH NEW

EXPERT MADE THAT DAY AND A CUSTOMER, YET HAS NEVER POSTED IN THE CAPACITY AS AN EXPERT!!! GEE WHY NOT?

Alumilte/Phil to V12tech,
    Peer review was a good idea, but some experts were colluding with others to eliminate the competition that way...

on very thin pretexts.
    From alumalite posted on the JA expert forum.

Hello,
    me of being on all experts in 2010, which evidences obsession with me on his behalf! I had not once mentioned

Billy1961's name so why was he so sure alumilite was speaking of him as well as myself!this is all on record.
    I was sadly not suprised this is not seen as abusive use of the ratings or peer review process.

• Vo
    VODKAPARTYGIRL Nov 07, 2013

###ing tuckups. disgusting if u ask me. u ask for help feeling its all corsha and u get pist on. after reading all these comments y the hell r they still online rippin people off. our issues aint a joke. sites like these r sometimes the last resort for most people. how do they sleep at nite. daylight robbery I say. one word .KARMA. we will av the last larf. ###

• Ke
    KEITH PIKE May 21, 2013

I've been a member of Just Answer's since September 22nd, 2005...I have had the "UNLIMITED ACCOUNT" at $14 a month for a couple/ three years now. The experts on Just Answers are GREAT...they have helped me fix and do things that I never could have accomplished without their help, knowledge, understanding, dedication and patience. This being said, it seems that Just Answers "UNLIMITED ACCOUNT" does not exactly mean "UNLIMITED".
    I'll admit that in the beginning, for the lack of understanding how Just Answers worked, I asked some 'DUPLICATE' questions, and 'ACCEPTED' some answers more than once. Without warning, their "SYSTEM" locked me out of my "UNLIMITED ACCOUNT"...when contacting customer support, they did willingly return my status to active, but not before sending me an email telling me that "HOWEVER, THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME"...they also put $100 credit into my account so I could keep asking questions until my status was reactivated...welp, today when I went to ask a question, I was 'LOCKED OUT' AGAIN...this time when I inquired about it, it was because of "THE VELOCITY of QUESTIONS"...which to mean plainly means that I'm asking too many questions on my "UNLIMITED" account...again after the threat of "HOWEVER, THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME", they put another $100 credit into my account so I could again keep asking questions until my status is reactivated...just wondering if anyone has had this problem with "THE SYSTEM" of Just Answers...and although I'm a dedicated user of Just Answers, I feel that their "SYSTEM" should be fixed to not lock "UNLIMITED ACCOUNT" customers out for asking too many questions, or should change the name of subscription to something that does not mean "UNLIMITED" QUESTIONS...

• Pe
    pearl.comscam! Oct 22, 2012

BBB IS INVOLVED WITH THE SCAM. BBB FRAUD ALERT. BBB GIVES JUST ANSWER AN A+ RATING DESPITE OVER 600 COMPLAINTS ABOUT UNFAIR BILLING. BBB INVOLVED IN SCAM. BBB AND JUST ANSWER ARE INVOLVED IN SCAMMING CLIENTS. 2020 SHOWS THE REAL TRUTH BEHIND BBB AND ITS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY.

now www.justanswer.com is changing name to www.pearl.com bbb gives both an A+ rating to keep the scam alive!! fraud alert!! bbb involved in scam!!!

Comments

• Ss
    ssshhhhhhh Oct 10, 2012

how do i get them to stop i dont care abot the money now i just want them to stop taking my money if i get a new visa card then will they stop as the account numbers would have changed?

• Ss
    ssshhhhhhh Oct 10, 2012

they are a scam going bank tomorrow going to get new visa card hopefully it will stop as im already strapped for cash i just pray that everything will be ok, they dont answer the phone and when they do they hangup i wish i never went on there site they charged me £57.00 what a ripoff do not go on this site

ruthie amos Sep 23, 2012

they need to be investagated they are scams and i want my money back on my card. they all need to go to jail. and i not threw with them..

ruthie amos Sep 23, 2012

money was taken out of my account three times about $ 100. .00 scam

• Cw
    cwright372 May 29, 2012

I used then for a legal question with much of the same complaint. I did receive an answer which was unsatisfactory. When I noticed I had been charged again I called [protected]. They answered promptly. I asked for credit on the second charge. They not only obliged but asked if I was satisfied with my original answer. I said no and they credited me back that money as well. I would not use again but it ended well at least.

• Ka
    Katherine Daro Apr 02, 2012

I answered above on Subject of Complaint

• Mo
    moaning minnie Mar 28, 2012

I asked a question about wireless connection for KIndle. I did not receive a reply but I was charged 2 x £22 = £44 on my card. I logged in to their site to ask questions about this but was unable to progress because it asked for my email address, and when I entered it, it said something like 'this email address is already on our file'. Exactly. So I entered an alternative email address. No reply. Their telephone number is also obscure (pst). Very frustrated.

russ274 Feb 06, 2012

I HAVE HAD A SUM OF AUD36$ TAKEN FROM MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT FROM THIS COMPANY

• Ly
    lyn williams Jan 25, 2012

I accepted a response to a medical question but did not want to subscribe further - but cannot cancel

• Pa
    Pamela70033 Jan 11, 2012

So far I have had a positive experience with JustAnswer.com. I added a few dollars to my account and asked a dental question and a law question. The answers I received were very thorough and helped in in each area. I recently subscribed to the free 30 unlimited trial subscription. This subscription allowed me to answer unlimited question. I asked lots of questions during the trial. All of the questions were professionally answered. My trial period is ending so I just cancelled my unlimited subscription on the site. You have to go under my account and select to turn the subscription off. I plan to still use the site by depositing money and asking questions when needed. So far so good. I check my account for the next month or so to assure that I am not billed for the subscription. I will follow up and let you all know.

• To
    tomcous Dec 07, 2011

I have repeated charges of $69 appearing on my credit card. These are not authorised.

• Th
    thinkfirst Nov 07, 2011

The way the site works is you make a deposit (YES, this means your credit card is charged, where else does the DEPOSIT come from) and once you are SATISFIED with the answer you receive you ACCEPT the answer, which transfers your deposit from YOUR JustAnswer account to the expert (partially) and the site (the rest). If you are NOT satisfied, the DEPOSIT stays in YOUR JustAnswer account for you to use toward any other questions or you may request a refund of the deposit. JUST because your CC was charged, doesn't mean the expert got paid...it means you have money in your JA account. Most of the complaints on this board appear to have come from those who do not take the time to learn how the site they choose to use operates. Educate yourself before using the site, instead of complaining here and sounding like an idiot. JustAnswer is an awesome site, a great place to make money in this economy, and a great resource for those who want professional, experienced consulting for a very very reasonable price.

ChLo3 Oct 22, 2011

JUSTANSWER huh i asked advice about my vehicle and agreed the £15 fee but on checking my statements i have found they are helping themselves to £33 per month, can not contact them next step is to visit bank and see if they can rectify, disgruntled (scotland) they are over here too, 080818970US you are a scammer

• Sc
    scarygello Sep 28, 2011

paid $3 for an answer that what previously answered and they sent me a picture of a bathroom. do not sign up for this ... They take your money for useless answers.. They didnt even answer my question. that I wanted.

• Ba
    Barbara Barrett Sep 12, 2011

Yes it is a scam, I found 3 charges after 1 question, at various dates, do not use them!!! they were too dumb to see the charges on their database when I called. They said that they would take one 48.00 off, , , I am expecting a call within 48 hours, they said, , to resolve.

• Th
    The1Visitor Jul 27, 2011

Far more customers at JA are scammers than the site or the experts are. Some experts spend hours or even days going back and forth with a customer for $15.00 (which nets the expert $7.50, which can amount to a professional being paid .50 cents an hour) and then the customer declares "I already knew all this", they raise a tantrum wanting their money back, ALWAYS get it and then go away having stolen good faith time dedicated by someone really trying to help them. They THINK they're stealing from a big corporation, but the experts don't work for JA. They seriously get only half of the deposit as an independent contractor. Tons of experts are trying to make ends meet on social security, disability or poor paying jobs in today's economy.
    Nearly 100% of all the complaints here are from customers who hit a wrong button, misunderstood a term of service or as mentioned earlier, posted a vague, badly worded non-question with way too little offered to the expert for what they know will be a difficult customer with a complicated problem.
    Would YOU do someone's term paper for $5.00? Would you re build someone's engine for $15.? Would you even attempt to answer someone who has a kid with a clearly broken leg and excrutiating pain, but telling you up front that they WILL NOT go to the hospital so don't even suggest it and only if your advice WORKS will they pay you the $10 they're offering (your take being $5.). Really?

• Ca
    Carl Lindsey Jul 23, 2011

I’m Carl, a Computer Expert on Just Answer. We are no way a scam and do our best to answer your time sensitive questions the best that we can. I will tell you, the amount you pay for the question will have a HUGE impact with how fast your Question will be answered and how much time an Expert will dedicate to it. We are only paid a portion of the question amount for our services.

We will of coarse attend to every question the best that we can but who do you know will spend 2 days working on an issue for $10? Anything over $38 is going to get jumped on and answered within 2 minutes unless the description is poorly written or what your asking is underpriced, but it will still get attended to and answered.

Just Answer is an awesome place to work and a great way to get help on any topic that you can think of for a cheaper price. And if you dont like a certain expert, you can send them to the curb and another one will step right in and take their place and take over.

In summary people….were not a scam. There are better experts than others and if your not happy with the expert, you can and will ALWAYS get your money refunded back to you.

Jan Hardy Jul 15, 2011

You guys in the States are doing OK. $18 charges? I am being charged AUD$78 every month! I've also done the "change to No" on the payment details. We'll see what happens next month.

I asked two questions, for which I paid, beliving that I was paying a once off for the specific questions.

Yes, it is a scam. I shall add my report to our Aussie Fraud Police - we have fairly good "cyber cops" down here . . . and I'll also be contact my bank.

Chet OGAN Jun 18, 2011

I'm another person who has been/is being scammed by JustAnswer. They kept asking questions then said they'd solved my problem, which they had not. I keep getting charged it seems like every time they email me for an evaluation of services received.

Chet

• Ha
    hartling May 02, 2011

ccan't check billing

• Da
    darlingnickee Apr 28, 2011

Hello,

You can contact JustAnswer at [email protected] or you can call them (not a recording) at Toll-Free: [protected] and Intl: [protected]. I assure you that there is a 100% guarantee on their services even after an extended period of time. You will need to be able to provide info for them to locate your account, usually your username, the date and amount of charge and the last 4 of the cc (or the pp addy). Things have improved over there when it comes to customer service. If you receive a pop up of email offering 30 free days, then that's the subscription (and it says subscription right there). If you know anything about 'subscriptions" it's a repeat thing...but where else are you gonna find licensed people (drs, lawyers, computer experts, pet experts, car experts, etc, etc...) for as low as $15 a month? thats a crazy price considering the cost of even a simple office visit to any one of those professions.

to summarize...
    1. they only take monthly payments if you sign up for the sub, so be careful what you click
    2. you can get a refund for any reason at any time..period. I've done it.
    3. If you use the above info, you WILL get a response
    4. have all of your info ready when you contact them

• De
    Dennis Kuzik Mar 27, 2011

I have tried five times to get a tax answer, and to no avail. They also took money from my acc, without legal answers, this site is a big scam!!!

• Oo
    Oohlahlah Mar 01, 2011

In December last year I used Justanswer for a health question and they charged me $36 for an useless answer. And they have been charging me $36/month on my credit card for the last 2 months without my approval. I complained to them and they said that I opted for automatic subscription which I have no idea why it happened and why anyone would want to have monthly subscription for this kind of service.
    Justanswer is giving themselves a certificate for failure with thus kind of business scam.

• Su
    sughra abdali abdulla mohmmed Jan 28, 2011

I've been charge several times, once a month since September/2010, and every month I need to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge, it is a scam...I cannot believe after several months disputing and winning every single dispute, the credit card company still accepts the charge...I will probably need to ask the credit card company to change my plastic...please tell everybody about this scam...

• Co
    Colleen Harper Jan 25, 2011

I have just received one of their emails with this on the bottom : "If you wish to continue with your Unlimited* Subscription on JustAnswer, your account will be automatically billed for another 30 days of service. If you wish to cancel your subscription, please visit your My Account page. " I have gone there and done the necessary. I will keep you informed. Note the use of "unlimited* subscription". That's where the catch is.

• Co
    Colleen Harper Jan 25, 2011

I have also lodged my complaint with JustAnswer and am awaiting their response. I was lead to believe that the charge of R124.00 was a once off charge and have now had my card debited twice since the initial payment.
    The whole thing is a scam to get money. I used the Dermatology section.

• Rs
    rsharpe Jan 18, 2011

I went to this site to ask about an electronics problem with my dvd player. I authorized what I thought was a one-time payment for the assistance. Instead, my Visa card was charged three times instead of one. I have now gone to the site and (I hope) corrected this by changing my authorization to "No". I will certainly be checking next month's statement very carefully and if this has not solved the problem, I intend to take further action.

mary mccullagh Oct 23, 2010

this company have been taking £7 form my account for months for nothing

• De
    deb polacek Sep 14, 2010

I copied and pasted their information "51 days ago", see above. It paid off because last month my charge account was credited the $18.
    After calling and a couple of emails, I finally found the correct site that took some action...it is www.justanswer.com/refund. Good luck, hope it helps!

• Kn
    knitwitt Sep 14, 2010

Who are they and why isn't there a phone # with their charge as there is with others? I did not give them my card #, I did not "ask a question", and I did not authorize a charge. So my only recourse is- go online and ask why they charged me, then wait til they charge me for asking about this unwarranted charge? I do not give my acct. # to places I'm unfamiliar with, so how did they get it? How do I find their business address & phone?

• Ic
    iceman444443 Aug 31, 2010

The initial charge by Just Answer is a refundable good faith deposit. BUT try getting it back when they do not answer your question. The 888 customer service number stated above does not work - it is a recorded message to send an email to www.justanswer.com/refund. There you will find a form as to why you want a refund. I checked "did not receive a reply" and clicked on send. Then I realized how do they know who is requesting a refund. There is no request to provide any information. Looking back I can't see any information for customer service on their web site. No email address whatsoever and no telephone number. I should have known better that when they don't want to talk to you, you pass on everything.