JustAnswer.comno way to cancel

N Review updated:

Contacted site to ask a lawyer a legal question. Paid $49 for the question, which was answered to my satisfaction. However, they signed me up for an unlimited subscription in which they are going to take money money from my credit credit card on a monthly basis. I did not approve this. Not only that, the site gives directions on how to cancel your subscription. It states, "To cancel, when you are logged into your JustAnswer account, click on the “My Account” link from the JustAnswer homepage, then select “Off” for your subscription under “Payment Information”." However, there is no such "Off" option for your subscription under Payment Information. The only option available is changing your credit card number. Contacted the company via their website but they do not respond.

• K
      Apr 02, 2012

This means I agree with MY complaint! I never asked Just Answer a question! I called AARP "ask a nurse" about my son's blood pressure (which is free) and Just Answer ANSWERED it and charged me $38. Please credit me for this call and take me off wharever account you made without my permission! IF THIS CANNOT BE DONE, I WILL CONTACT MY LAWYER TO HELP ME. HIS NAME IS DENNIS HORTON.

• J
      Aug 29, 2014

Please I want to unsubscribe from Justanswer I am not happy with being charged monthly.

• A
      Oct 04, 2019

@Jeannette Early I never ask for your advices! What a Surprise to see me charged £30?
    Give my money back and and unsubscribe me please!

• R
      Feb 03, 2017

I have similar problem. Wife's credit card is being charged $58 per month, some months twice !!. Cant get any answer from the 800 phone number on the credit card listing. The justanswer website is useless. When you try to log on, and you don't have a password, it says it will email you one. But I have tried several times, and no email ever arrives. I have filled in the on line complaint forms, they say they will reply in 4 hours, but I have never had a response. I see previous entries here are from a few years ago, Was anything ever done ? did you ever get your money back ??

• T
      Apr 14, 2019

Cannot cancel membership to Just Answer. Their Customer Service is always down. I believe this to be a scam of sorts. Seems many others have had same problem.

• B
      Aug 14, 2019

After asking my free $5.00 question in April 2019, totally forgetting that I needed to cancel my "membership, " it did not sink in, and I just discovered (don't know what took me so long) that I've been charged $46.00 a month since then to the tune of $230.00. Made an attempt to get charges cancelled and couldn't do it. Unfortunately I used my bank checking account rather than my credit card and have no recourse. Had I used a credit card I could at least have the credit card company attempt to get a refund.

What I'm wondering is:

How many questions would someone need to ask in a month to be willing to pay $46.00 a month for answers? 100, 200? This is the part that makes me think SCAM! I'm certain that Just Answer gets many, many calls about the monthly charges, and their unwillingness to forgive the charges makes me think again: SCAM! They would probably go out of business because there would be so many people asking that charges be cancelled.

• B
      Aug 29, 2019

I signed up to get a question answered. I did not sign up for a 29 dollar monthly charge. And the process to cancel requires you to log in and chat for an annoying amount of time with a customer care representative.

Aug 30, 2019

Hello, Early this year, I signed up to get a question answered. But, I did not sign up for a 29 dollar monthly charge. Your site says that the process to cancel requires me to log in and chat for an annoying amount of time with a customer care representative. Even so, Just answer has not cancel the taking of money of my bank account in Costa Rica. How to prevent Just Answer to take my money without my consent? MARÍA MARTÍNEZ CRUZ, PhD Geoquímica - Vulcanología Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológico de Costa Rica Universidad Nacional OVSICORI-UNA Apdo. postal 86-3000 Heredia Costa Rica, América Central maria.martinez.[protected]@una.cr www.ovsicori.una.cr Telephones: (+[protected]/ (+[protected] Fax: (+[protected]

Sep 26, 2019

THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!! I couldn't agree more with the negative comments. I used the service and the expert with whom I spoke was highly informed and resolved my issue... for $55. A week later, a $66 charge was processed through my credit card as a MONTHLY subscription. It could well be that I missed some "cancellation" notice - but I save all emails. In any event, any service that charges a monthly subscription fee is a scam in my opinion.

Too bad for the "experts" who are contacted through this site. As much as the expert who helped me was great, I will never seek her help again.

Oct 19, 2019

I agree!

• C
      Oct 26, 2019

And when you do cancel on their site, they *require* that you explain your cancellation, with no way to cancel if you do not wish to. That has got to be illegal.

• A
      Nov 01, 2019

I had one simple question to ask and I knew I was signing up for a subscription so I carefully wrote down the' how to cancel' instructions. I cancelled the next day (Oct 6) via email, using the account I set up, to [protected]@justanswer.com. I got no reply so I sent a second email on Oct 9th. I got a reply saying they could not find an account with my email address. I called them at [protected]. I asked them to check if my subscription was cancelled, and they confirmed it was. Oct 30th comes and guess what, there's a $46 charge to my credit card. I called them again and said I had contacted them 3 times, twice by email and once by phone. The person, who was very polite actually, acknowleged that there was a record of my phone call, but not my emails, so they agreed to refund the $46. My advice - email them every day multiple times a day saying you want to cancel BOTH your account AND your subscription so there's no pretense of a mistake. Follow it up with a phone call and be relentless if you have to. Dispute the charges on your credit card if need be. Next time I'm buying a prepaid Visa at Safeway and using it for these types of transactions.

Dec 01, 2019

I also NEVER signed up for some monthly $40.00 to come out of my checking account AND there is no "off" to your subscription. This site is a total FRADULANT Scam! Why hasn't the government gone after these bas*****??

• C
      Dec 17, 2019

Does someone got stop to be charged?

• D
      Dec 30, 2019

this site is a scam, i was charged $ 5 at first and further $66 was dediucted from my card suprisingly, i haven't subscribed to any of their accounts, sent emails but of no use, when i use their help site, it further puts me to their Lawyer site asking me to futher pay $ 5 if i need to proceed futher. this is full of [censored].

• P
      Dec 31, 2019

i paid $5 to have a question answered but then changed my mind & emailed them to forget it & refund my money .not only did i not get a refund two weeks later i was charged $ 66 for a membership fee i did not request .i have informed my bank today $ hopefully i will get reimbursed .in the meantime i have changed my credit card number so they cannot bill me again

• F
      Jan 12, 2020

Looks like I am yet another victim to this scam. I can't cancel membership, as like others have found, there is no 'cancel membership' option.
    Has anyone successfully managed to stop the monthly charges being taken from their debit card?

• H
      Jan 15, 2020

REPEATEDLY tried to cancel subscription...which I NEVER signed up for. As with others, it's been an exercise in futility.