Menu
JustAnswer Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

JustAnswer
reviews & complaints

www.justanswer.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.4 1472 Reviews

JustAnswer Complaints Summary

868 Resolved
602 Unresolved
Our verdict: While JustAnswer has an above-average resolution rate, there’s room for improvement. Investigate common issues reported by customers and understand how they were resolved. Be prepared to follow up on your queries if needed, and keep detailed records of all interactions.
Claimed
JustAnswer has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JustAnswer. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

JustAnswer reviews & complaints 1472

Filter reviews by rating
2 reviews
Sort by:

Newest JustAnswer reviews & complaints

A
6:15 pm EDT

JustAnswer cargos no autorizados de tarjeta de credito

Me dirijo a uds para solicitar cancelacion en forma urgente de mi supuesta membresia a JUSTANSWER la cual FUE REALIZADA SIN MI AUTORIZACION NI APROBACION y es descontada de mi tarjeta de credito reitero SIN MI AUTORIZACION.Espero respuesta inmediata porque me siento muy perjudicado por esta situacion totalmente ajena a mi voluntad .Firmado :Prosper Anibal Ibarburu.

4:16 pm EDT

JustAnswer justanswer.com

I paid 5 dollars to submit a question about my Tahoe. The tech I received gave answers that didn't work and try to upcharge me to a phone call. I refused and accepted the fact that I wasted 5 dollars and my time. 7 days later Justanswer .com began billing my credit card 34 dollars a month. I called to get a refund and was told that they could only refund the latest charge but would cancel my subscription that I never knowingly authorized. They are a scam.

C
4:07 pm EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer there has been several drafts drawn from my checking account that I did not authorize I want it to stop

I was having trouble with my HP Printer, it would not hook up with my laptop on bluetooth, the tech took control of my laptopi think he had control for a couple days, he tried everything to try and fix the problem, to no avail. I decided to hard wire it and it was at least working. I don't know why he did not suggest that Ido that. Anyway i have been billed every month since for actually nothing. I would like a refund for at least two months and please don't take anymore money from account. thank you. Charles m Laird

9:00 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer online scam and deductions from my account

I have been scammed
My money was deducted unfairly.
I requested for a session, of which i paid for, i didn't request for a session afterwards.
But just today 9th Sept, 2019, an amount of USD46, my just paid internship allowance for September was deducted leaving me with NGN500.

Kindly help me look into this, am depressed. The reason i had a session in the first place wasn't resolved adequately by the doctor that attended to me, but i let it slide.

Instead my meagre stipend was still even deducted from my account without my knowledge. I want my money please help me

Update by Mary Oluwamuyiwa
Sep 10, 2019 8:13 am EDT

I had an infection on my left palm for more than 6 months, and i stumbled on Justanswers.com. I contacted them to request for a doctor. I was linked with a doctor, who recommended some topical medication, which I could only get on Amazon, and not in my country (Nigeria). I paid the doctor's service fee charge immediately, and Ii didn't request for a membership service or whatsoever.

But today 9th September 2019. I wanted to make a withdrawal, and I discovered an amount of USD46 has been deducted from my account...

After my initial session in which i paid, i tried reaching out to the customer care to request for my account detail to be removed from their database, but the efforts to reach them proves abortive. I intern in a small organization, and i just got my stipend for the month. I now lack funds to cater for my welfare going forward in the new month, and i am feeling so depressed already.

Kindly use your good office, to ensure i get refunded of this money to enable me cater for my welfare.

Update by Mary Oluwamuyiwa
Sep 09, 2019 8:39 am EDT

I had previously asked question which I paid for, but since then just answer deducted USD46 from my account, when I didn't even sign up for membership. This is ridiculous, Just answer is illegally taking my money when i didn't even request to be a member. I already paid for the service that was rendered to me, I need to get my refund.

H
8:33 pm EDT

JustAnswer fraud for charge without service

On August 20, 2019 I was on ATT site to find out why my TV's WIFI was out of work. JUST ANSWER site popped up asking for $5.00 charge with a message below it, 'Guaranteed Refund'. I took it to mean that it is an ATT partner and I agreed to pay $5.00 since it would be refunded. JUST ANSWER failed to provide any answer.
The next thing I noticed was I have been charged another $46.00 on my next statement. I called JUST ANSWER for this unauthorized charge and asked for refund today, ie. Sept 8, 2019. They refused.
This company is a FRAUD and should be listed as such and stopped.
I want a REFUND OF all amounts I paid--total of $51.00.
If you want, I can send amount charged on my Credit Card.
--Harish Singhal

W
3:55 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer money taken from visa

I asked a question on a subject and was transferred to Just Answer, the amount of $5.15 was debited to my Visa account with a transaction date of 7th August, then on 10th August $49.44 and $70.04 was deducted for Membership. I definitely have not joined Just Answer and wonder how these charges come about. I am not questioning the $5.15 as this was the original question but the others are definitely not agreed to by me. I would be very pleased if this money could be transferred back to my Visa account the number is [protected] in the name of Mrs Wendy F Gresham. I would like you to answer this complaint as the original question was just a simple one regarding my Mac computer. How does this questionable transactions happen?

Update by Wendy Gresham
Sep 08, 2019 3:57 am EDT

Unauthorised payments taken from Visa account

2:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer I am complaining about having money deducted from my bank for a service I have not and will not use.

I have checked my bank today and find that your organisation has applied for £45 from my account. I briefly used the Just Answer site online which I paid £5 for. Your company was not what I needed, I have been in a live chat with my bank...Barclays and they have advised me to contact you to ask for a refund of the £45, if I was unable to sort it myself then they would handle a dispute on my behalf. I am a 72 year old, old age pensioner and can not afford this money especially as I was given no service by your organisation. I would be grateful if you would refund my money as soon as possible.

My details are as follows:
Mrs CP Miles
My Bank account details you have on your records as you have applied through it for the £45.

I would be grateful if you would refund the money ASAP.

Thanking you in anticipation.

1:59 pm EDT

JustAnswer advice

I call the hotline on Saturday morning because my dog was having some discomfort first i spoke with the gentleman Dr. Scott and paid $5 then he said he need to talk to me so I paid and additional $28. I have not call or texted them for anything else. I wake this morning and my card has a declined charge for this place I didnt use this place anymore after last week. I will no longer use this service as I see this is obviously a scam company

D
9:47 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer inefficient computer technical problem solution by justanswer

On September 1st I contacted JustAnswer for technical assistance due to a Windows 10 recovery problem that needed to be reinstalled. They asked for the price of AR $400 to ask the question, that escalated to AR $1.690 for them to act. I was given case number [protected]-23 and Alvaro Hervas Barran was the computer especialist assigned to resolve the problem- remote support.

He just guided me to load an ISO image to a pen drive to install the new copy of the operating system to the laptop. That's when the problem started.

He couldn't guide me through the instalation process itself.

All the options I was presented with were informed to him through email and supported by images sent to him to opt and proceed. Instead, he kept on saying that none of them was what he expected to see and evaded the way to proceed.

Under my questioning in front of all the options available, he wasn't happy and concluded saying that I had a hardware problem and he just provided remote assistance.

Nothing further from the truth, because that same evening I resolved the issue with the help of a friend. The new Windows 10 is fully working and functioning as expected as of September 4th, after re-uploading all archives and software I use on a daily basis. All of this, thanks to the windows.old folder that keeps a copy of the former operative system.

Simply, JustAnswer didn't perform.

On top of this, they sent me a membership fee of AR $1050 monthly to continue receiving "benefits"from them, on Sept 5th.

I already sent to JustAnswer the request to fully refund all charges and to stop any further charges to my credit card. Failing to do that will open all legal actions we deem necessary. In addition, we ought to inform in social networks about this experience, as an attmpt to prevent other people from all this.

In order to support this complain, please find the attached images to support this claim, including a copy of the Spanish message sent to them in this regard.

Looking forward to a prompt solution to this issue.

Kindly,
Daniel Moore

Update by dmoore53
Sep 07, 2019 1:02 pm EDT

You may have a need for them. That's good if it suits you. I don't and won't use them again.

3:49 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer one question & monthly charge!

I asked ‘one question' & get charged a monthly fee for nothing! I do not even have a login. The answer was not even helpful either.
Maybe you should only have this website for the USA
Am very angry & want a refund. Have been away ‘bush' with no internet so only just noticed on my statement when I returned.
Do'nt mind charge for one question but not keep charging😖
Please refund the monthly charges, or I will be seeing a lawyer here & will let people know on FB about this ‘Scam/con'

7:16 am EDT

JustAnswer membership

Dears,

On 09-08-2019, I asked for help ina trouble shoot related to Gmail, your website offered this help for EUR 1, I agreed and paid for this then I suddenly noticed that your charged me EUR 44 membership fee while I did not asked or requested membership.
This is unacceptable and hurting your website credibility.

Your urgent feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shaimaa
E-mail address: shaimaa. [protected]@gmail.com

3:14 am EDT

JustAnswer taking funds from my account when I didn't even sign up

I had previously asked question which I paid for but since then just answer has been taking money from my account every month when I didn't even sign up for membership.I will be going into my bank and making a formal complaint against this company because I believe just answer is illegally taking money when a person hasn't even asked to be a member.

J
10:39 am EDT

JustAnswer cancelled my account and still got charged

I cancelled right after the trial period on or about Aug 24 within the trial period because I was not satisfied with your service because my question was not answered. I was still charged 40$ from my acct. I don't know why you are charging my acct. I would appreciate this charge be taken off my acct.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Lee Anderson

Update by jaxbeauty
Sep 03, 2019 10:47 am EDT

I tried your trial offer and was very dissatisfied since you never answered my question. I am being charged for your service that I cancelled on or about Aug. 24. I want this total of $40 that was charged to my credit card reversed. I find your service very disappointing and do not ever plan on using it. Please remove this charge so I am not seeing any more charges to my credit card.
Lee Anderson

B
6:20 pm EDT

JustAnswer a health problem

I waited for half an hour for a reply to a health question which they told me I would only have wait 8 minutes. They took £5 from my bank
and I did not get a reply to my question. I did phone my Bank to cancel the £5 but when I checked my Bank they Justanswer took the £5 out of my account. I am a Pensioner and £5 is a lot of money for me to lose just like that. Can you please help me get my £5 back? I shall try phoning my Bank again to try to get my £5 back. My Bank gave me a phone number to call to tell them I had canceled it, but
cannot find the number right now I shall phone my Bank tomorrow to ask them for the number to call again. I hate Justanswer for the inconvience they have caused me. They should be taken to court & struck off for their scams on people. Thank you from Barbara & co.,

5:02 am EDT

JustAnswer money taken from my bank for membership £40

I remember looking for a solicitor's, but I got no satisfaction from it, although you charged £5 fee for that, but still no satisfaction.
So:
Why have you debited my bank £40 for membership, I don't recognize joining justanswer for any reason.

Please refund the amount ASAP
Sam Hoseyni
[protected]@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: 0044 [protected]

Please either contact me or refund the amount back in to my bank account, so to stop further action, many thanks.

P
5:28 am EDT

JustAnswer unauthorized credit card charges

I have been charged 29 euros on the 30th of August 2019 for a service I have never applied for, in fact from a company I have never heard of. I want to cancel my 'membership' and I want a refund please. The company is Just Answer *E
I have no other details to provide, apart from my bank details which I am reluctant to give, but which I will give if needed
Kind regards Pieter Hilvering derrainy Whitegate Co. Clare Ireland

T
11:14 am EDT

JustAnswer doctor advice

Hi I was recently create account with just answer been asked to pay 5 paund fee.
I did entered my card details.
After that been chatting with doctor somehow been offered a phone call instead of chatting, wich I accept. I didn't know I have to pay. After a wile checked my bank been charged 34 paunds fee. Quick I write back to doctor to not call me couse I didn't know I have to pay. However I tried to contact with customer service to explain the situation but suddenly no answer.

K
6:14 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer unauthorized payment taken from my card

I can not seem to contact anyone. I cancelled my trial subscription and still money has been removed without permission. What can I do?
I can not use this site as they seem to ignore the cancellation which I completed. I can not find a Telephone number to contact them.
I can't use this site if I have no confidence in them to cancel my subscription when I cancel. Not trustworthy.
[protected]@aol.com

6:30 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer unauthorised card charges - south africa

Good day, I am complaining about 2 monthly fees that came out of my bank account without my authorisation. The company I am talking about is Just Answer. They are meant to protect and advise consumers, but in the meantime, they are the one who mislead the consumers. Can you please advise how or whom should I speak to, to have it returned into my bank account. Thank you. Martine

7:12 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer signing up unsuspecting customers without any consent forms and not refunding as promised.

When you ask them what is going on a robot, under the guise of a professional person, with a name and photo leads you, again to the place where you have to insert your credit card details... AGAIN! I had to cancel my credit Card to stop them from taking out any more money. They lead you to believe your question will be answered for R65.00 (refundable) but first you have to put your credit details in. Then They have you! they never refund your R65.00 and then they take a monthly amount of R599.00 out every month until you cancel the subscription which is difficult to do as you have to do a history search for info and numbers relating to your first question. I asked them to refund my money but so far they have not. I am now asking my bank to do an investigation into them. Through a Credit Card Dispute form
This is Theiving!

JustAnswer In-depth Review

Overview of Services Provided: JustAnswer is a platform where users can connect with professionals across a range of fields, from law and medicine to home improvement and electronics, to get real-time assistance for their queries.

Website Navigation and User Experience: The website's interface is user-friendly with clear, well organized sections, making it straightforward to find the information or expert you're looking for. The user experience is generally smooth with minimal site-loading delays.

Quality of Professional Consultation: Majority of users report responses to be detailed and helpful, although the expertise quality can vary. However, JustAnswer maintains that all their professionals are verified and certified in their respective fields, which is reassuring.

Response Speed and Customer Service: Response times are generally quick, typically within minutes to an hour. Their 24/7 availability is a plus. Customer service is reported to be courteous and efficient in resolving issues.

Price and Value for Money: Pricing is a subscription-based model, variable per country. Some might find the service on the pricier side, but considering the convenience of getting a professional's advice at any time, the cost can be justified.

Variety of Experts and Their Credentials: The site boasts a wide range of professionals available in numerous fields. All the listed experts are certified, lending credibility to the service.

Confidentiality and Privacy Policy: JustAnswer has a very clear privacy policy and emphasises the importance of maintaining user's confidentiality. No personal information shared by users is disclosed.

User Satisfaction and Feedback: User feedback is mixed, with some reporting excellent service and others expressing dissatisfaction, mainly over billing issues. Generally though, the feedback leans more positive.

Trustworthiness and Reliability of Information: The reliability of information depends largely on variable factors like the specific expert or user's query. Overall, given the professional credentials of its experts, information provided tends to be reliable.

Ease of Subscription and Cancellation Process: Subscribing is straightforward. For some users, the cancellation process has proven more complicated, with cases of continued billing even after cancellation.

Browsing and Search Features: The website lays out its services clearly and users can easily search for the help they need. It's also easy to browse through the various categories for the expert advice available.

Availability and Reach: JustAnswer is available 24/7 and covers a wide range of countries, providing advice to users around the globe.

Security Measures in Place: Secure payment methods and reliable technology safeguards contact information and ensures financial transactions are secure.

Unique Selling Proposition: What distinguishes JustAnswer is its quick access to a broad selection of experts any time of day or night, at a significantly lower cost than hiring an in-person professional.

Payment Options Available: Multiple payment options such as credit/debit cards and PayPal are accepted, providing convenience for users around the globe.

Competitor Comparison: JustAnswer stands out for its wide range of expert fields, fast response times and 24/7 availability. However, it's notably more expensive than some competing forum-type Q/A services.

Overall User Rating: Overall user rating varies across review platforms, but averages around 3.5-4 out of 5, with convenience and range of expertise frequently highlighted as positives.

How to file a complaint about JustAnswer?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button, which you can find at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with JustAnswer. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unresolved billing issue with JustAnswer" or "Poor customer service at JustAnswer".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with JustAnswer. Mention key areas such as the quality of the service provided, the responsiveness of customer support, accuracy of billing, and any misleading information you may have encountered. Include specifics about any transactions you had with the company, such as dates, amounts, and services in question. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any steps you took to resolve it and how JustAnswer responded. Explain how this issue has personally impacted you, whether it's through financial loss, time wasted, or stress incurred.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as email correspondence, screenshots, receipts, or chat logs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with JustAnswer. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, service correction, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint about JustAnswer on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. Engage with any replies or resolutions offered by JustAnswer or other users to address your complaint.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about JustAnswer

Expand Collapse all
Is JustAnswer a legitimate platform for seeking expert advice online?

Yes, JustAnswer is a legitimate platform that connects users with experts in various fields, such as legal, medical, automotive, and more.

Are the experts on JustAnswer qualified and experienced in their respective fields?

JustAnswer claims to have qualified and experienced experts available to answer users' questions and provide advice.

How quickly can I expect a response from an expert on JustAnswer?

Response times on JustAnswer may vary, but users can generally expect a response within a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the complexity of the question and the expert's availability.

Can I trust the advice provided by JustAnswer experts?

While JustAnswer aims to connect users with knowledgeable professionals, it's essential to verify the advice received with other reputable sources or consult a local professional if necessary.

Is my personal information secure on JustAnswer?

JustAnswer uses encryption and secure servers to protect users' personal information. However, it's essential to use strong passwords and secure internet connections when accessing any online service.

How does JustAnswer handle customer support and inquiries?

JustAnswer offers customer support through email, live chat, and phone. User experiences with their support team may vary, so it's essential to read customer reviews to gauge overall satisfaction.

Can I find user reviews for JustAnswer online?

Yes, you can find user reviews for JustAnswer on various websites and forums. Be sure to read multiple reviews to get a comprehensive understanding of other users' experiences.

Are there any hidden fees or charges when using JustAnswer?

JustAnswer offers a subscription-based service, with fees depending on the selected plan. Be sure to review the terms and conditions before signing up.

Does JustAnswer offer any promotions or discounts for their services?

JustAnswer may offer promotions or discounts periodically. Check their website or sign up for their newsletter to stay informed about any special offers.

Can I trust the expert ratings and reviews on JustAnswer?

While JustAnswer aims to provide accurate expert ratings and reviews, it's essential to verify this information with other reputable sources and read multiple reviews before making a decision.

How do I know if the expert I'm interacting with is qualified to answer my question?

JustAnswer provides information on each expert's qualifications and experience. However, it's essential to verify this information with other reputable sources if necessary.

Can I ask follow-up questions to the expert on JustAnswer?

Yes, you can ask follow-up questions to the expert on JustAnswer, usually within the scope of the original question.

Are the payment methods provided by JustAnswer secure and reliable?

JustAnswer uses secure payment processing methods to protect users' personal and financial information. However, it's essential to use strong passwords and secure internet connections when accessing any online service.

Can I cancel my JustAnswer subscription at any time?

Yes, you can cancel your JustAnswer subscription at any time. Be sure to review their cancellation policy for specific details.

Can I use JustAnswer to obtain a formal diagnosis or prescription?

JustAnswer is not a substitute for in-person professional consultations. The platform is meant for informational purposes and should not be relied upon for formal diagnoses or prescriptions.

Does JustAnswer have a mobile app for easier access?

Yes, JustAnswer has a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices, allowing users to access the platform and communicate with experts more conveniently.

How are experts on JustAnswer compensated for their services?

JustAnswer compensates experts based on the number of questions they answer and the satisfaction ratings they receive from users.

Can I request a specific expert on JustAnswer?

Yes, you can request a specific expert on JustAnswer by searching for their name or by browsing through the list of experts in the desired field. However, keep in mind that the availability of a specific expert may vary.

How does JustAnswer ensure the quality of its experts?

JustAnswer claims to have a rigorous vetting process to verify the qualifications and experience of its experts. They also use a rating system to monitor the quality of advice provided by experts and user satisfaction.

Is JustAnswer available for users outside the United States?

Yes, JustAnswer is available for users outside the United States. The platform offers access to experts from various countries and covers a wide range of topics, making it a useful resource for users worldwide.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

JustAnswer contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with JustAnswer?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.