Having problems with Azuma Leasing?

+1 800 707 1188 (Residential Applications for New Service)
+1 866 233 5071 (Customer Service)
+1 866 233 5095 (Commercial Accounts)
2905 San Gabriel St., Ste 218
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

review of azuma services

The worst company I ever had service with. That inlucdes cable and cell phone companies too, it tops them all.

They charge a lot of miscellaneous charges and always try to rip customers off.
I had service for 1 year, but never had this much problem with anyother company.

1) Miscellaneous fee
Cleaning fee $25 charged even after cleaning inside and outside before they picked it up. Called them about it and they said the driver charged it and they cant remove it

2) Early cancellation Fee:
After initial one month I had problem with equipment twice and want to cancel the service, but a new fee came to light .. 95$ cancellation fee or something for cancelling before 3 months of service.

This fee is specified in one of ultra fine print which no would ever notice while signing up.

3) Termination fee: Charged another $39.00 in termincation fee even afetr having service for more than one month .. totally ridiculous.

4) Bad customer service:
They never ever care about customer, they are experts in stealing money

All in all, I think I paid like more than $200 in extra fee for a period of an year for the crappiest service you can get.

Stay away from them, buy the equipment of craigslist instead or lease from ANY OTHER company, it definitely cannot be worse than AZUMA.

AZUMAleasing Nov 20, 2012

Hello uscchamp!
    First and foremost, thank you for your feedback! We take customer feedback very seriously, and use this information to continue to improve our practices. I would love to speak with you and see what we can do to find a solution for you! Please contact the Resolutions Department at 1.800.355.5688 anytime Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 7:30pm CST. I look forward to speaking with you, have a wonderful day!
    - Suzanna C.
    AZUMA Account Resolutions Specialist

Don't follow their contract

Rented a washer and dryer from Azuma for 6 months and in that time they increased my rent twice which was allowed per the contract but they did not notify me before the increase, they also changed the due date several times and sent late payment notices due to rent increase they had not notified me of and an error in due date which they corrected. Their original rental price was the cheapest but within 6 months I was up to the other referral I had plus you have to pay for a pickup of the equipment. So if you do not mind continuous communications on your bill and not a constant rental price or due date, this is the company for you, otherwise I would seek someplace else to rent a washer and dryer. Also as a not the equipment from Azuma was old, had been painted and the dryer extra 20 minutes to dry cloths based the dryer supplied by the replacement rental company.

AZUMA Leasing Jan 21, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for the recent posting. We appreciate the opportunity your notification has provided us to assist you with the above referenced issues. I apologize for the general nature of our responses and welcome the opportunity for you to call us directly, so we can look up your account in more detail.

AZUMA Leasing’s offers a set price for equipment rental costs during the length of lease term. Each customer has a due date and rental pricing that never changes during the length of the lease term. If a payment is not received on or before it’s due date we even grant a grace period of five days.

All of the appliances that we deliver here at AZUMA Leasing are in clean, working condition. Should an appliance have any sort of malfunction then service on the machine is 100% covered by AZUMA so long as it is not due to user error or abuse of the appliance by the customer. Normal wear and tear of the appliances is never the responsibility of the customer.

Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and I welcome them to contact me directly at 800-355-5688, so I may specifically address these concerns regarding their account.

800-355-5688 work
    309-404-6950 fax

• Us
    uscchamp Nov 15, 2012

I totally agree that AZUMA leasing is the worse company I had service of any kind.
    I think this is the only company I could use the term "disgusting" and very poor ethics.

Mr. Janet Richardson, please stop the BS and try to be more honest rathar than diplomatic.
    This compamny is piece of crap, here is my experience:

They charge a lot of miscellaneous charges and always try to rip customers off.

1) Miscellaneous fee

2) Early cancellation Fee:

4) Bad customer service:
    They never ever care about customer, they are experts in stealing money

5) Inferior equipment:
    I had to change dryer twice, and it used to smell insanely bad.

6) Late fee: They charge late fee every day until it is paid, so be care full

Unauthorized Withdrawal aka THEFT

I am so beyond livid about what happened today with Azuma Leasing it's difficult for me to even type...

No customer respect

6 hour window - you're kidding me, right? Absolutely no respect for the customer's time. I submitted a similar complaint while waiting until the last 30 minutes of my 6 hour drop off window - and now I'm in the last hour of my 6 hour pick up window.

In this day and age and there is absolutely no reason a person can't communicate with a driver on an estimated time of delivery.

It's interesting that the cable and phone companies have the reputation for the long windows - but I just dealt with both earlier this week and had a 3 hour service window on one and a 2 hour service window on another. So apparently Azuma Leasing is the only company still spending time in the dark ages where complete and utter disrespect for your customer's time is okay.

Charging late fees without emailing invoice

I selected the option to receive invoices through email. I didnt get any emails for febraruay and they charged my a huge late fees.

More over they have charged my debit card 2 twice the due amount.

I FEEL CHEATED.

THEY NEED PAY TO MY MONEY BACK

THE DRYER IS USLESS. TAKRES 2 HRS TO DRY.

More over they have charged my debit card 2 twice the due amount.

I FEEL CHEATED.

THEY NEED PAY TO MY MONEY BACK

THE DRYER IS USLESS. TAKES 2 HRS TO DRY.

• Bi
    billjoy Mar 15, 2010

who was it so we will know who

AZUMA Leasing Mar 16, 2010

Dear Vlad902002,

Each customer has a due date that never changes. We understand that from time-to-time things happen that may delay a payment. If a payment is not received on or before its due date we even grant a grace period of five days. If a customer is having issues with receiving their e-mailed invoice, there are several trouble-shooting tips I can offer. First, I can provide the date and time the invoice e-mail was sent, sometimes this ends up in our customer’s spam inbox on that date/time depending on their security settings. Next, we could confirm that we have the correct e-mail address in our system. We would gladly assist you with trouble-shooting this.
    You mentioned that your card was charged twice the amount due. I would be glad to go over this in more detail with you, perhaps we could call your credit card provider to see where the discrepancy is. I can assure you, any error by our credit card processor would be promptly refunded to our customer.
    I welcome the opportunity to go over your account in detail and personally assist with any outstanding issues or concerns. I greatly appreciate your business and welcome you to contact me directly at 800-707-1188 ext 342, so I may specifically address these concerns regarding your account. Thank you.

800/707-1188 ext 342

Unathuorized debit

I have rented a stackable w/d for 4 mos. from Azuma and made the mistake of making a payment with my debit card. I was late on the next payment and they automatically deducted it from my bank acct. then indicated that in the original contract that I e-signed there was a paragraph that I agreed to that the were authorized to do that. If that were the case, why would I not just do an autopay?

When the equipment was delivered the exterior was a dirty, hand-printed, dinged up mess. Obviously well-used! The top of the washer drum had a dirty film and had to be cleaned. The dryer drum looked fairly clean until I pulled the lint filter after my first use. Behind the lint filter was filled with balls of lint which I have tried to pick out. I'm assuming this is why I have to dry everything 2x's. They are picking up my equipment 2mro and I am hoping I will incur no bogus charges. I have already reported them to the BBB and my bank for investigation.

I wish I would have checked out this company before using them as there are numerous similar complaints on several complaint websites. This company was referred to me by my apartment management company. I will inform the management co. and hopefully they will stop referring leasing company to their renters.

AZUMA Leasing Dec 31, 2009

Dear WillJ84,

After filling out an application at www.AZUMA.com, in order to complete the account setup, customers are asked to read and agree to the AZUMA Lease Agreement. The Lease contains the terms and conditions defining the relationship between AZUMA Leasing and each of our customers.

For a situation where a customer has an unpaid past due balance, the Lease contains the following terms "Lessor (AZUMA) shall be entitled to charge any unpaid rent and late fees against lessee's credit card, debit card or automatic deduction from lessee's bank account". As a courtesy to customers and before any payment remedy actions are started, AZUMA provides an additional five day grace period before implementing the terms agreed to when you read and signed the Lease.

As part of our customer service policy, AZUMA Leasing will always promptly refund any past due balance collected via our past due collection procedures if an alternative form of payment for the past due balance is provided by the customer.

We greatly appreciate your business and welcome you to contact me directly to review your account in further detail at 512-233-5042.

512-233-5042

Overbilling; Unauthorized use of credit card

In June 2008 I leased a washer/dryer from Azuma Leasing. When the equipment was delivered it was filthy. I cleaned it up and the first few months everything was fine. Sometimes I would pay my bill with a credit card and other times I would pay it online through my bank.

On several occasions they double-billed my credit card and if I had not been checking my account, I would not have noticed it. They would continually include different amounts due (conflicting between what was shown on their website and what they would send to me to my email). After months of this happening, I just got tired of not knowing what they might be up to next and I returned the equipment in June 2009. The day after they picked the equipment up, I was getting late notices every day and they were charging me late fees. I sent them an email and told them to stop sending me emails as the equipment had been returned. I was also informed that I would be receiving a final invoice after the equipment was picked up.

While waiting for the invoice, and knowing that they had been sending these late notices daily, I checked my account and noticed that they were, without authorization, using my credit card and deducting $5/day from my account. Again, WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION.

I am turning this company in to the Texas Attorney General's office and have every intent of pressing charges against them.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... THEY ARE RIP OFFS AND SHOULD BE FORCED TO CLOSE THEIR DOORS.

AZUMA Leasing Jun 26, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for the recent posting. We appreciate the opportunity your notification has provided us to assist you with the above referenced issues. I apologize for the general nature of our responses and welcome the opportunity for you to call us directly, so we can look up your account and go over this resolution in more detail. Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. First, regarding the condition of the equipment upon deliver, all of the appliances that we deliver here at AZUMA Leasing are in clean, working condition. We apologize if your equipment was not delivered in this condition and welcome the opportunity to resolve this. Regarding your billing concerns, I welcome the opportunity to resolve any issues you experience with your credit card payment, but without your specific account information this is difficult to address. AZUMA Leasing does not run its customer’s credit cards without their permission.

We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and we welcome them to contact us directly so we may specifically address their concerns regarding their account.

Group Manager
    1-800-707-1188 ext 342

• Cr
    CrystalfromAustin Sep 06, 2013

Hello Janet,

Interestingly enough, I have had the same experience with Azuma Leasing- interesting because you have stated that this is not how your company does business... Azuma debits my account without authorization EVERY month. I have brought this to the attention of several customer service reps as well as your management team, and the unauthorized debiting continues. Even more infuriating is the "Demand for Payment" notice I receive monthly AFTER your company has illegally taken money from my bank account. I too plan to share my records with the attorney general, as well as file suit in small claims court. This company is terrible, and should be shut down.

Crystal from Austin, TX

AZUMA Apr 11, 2014

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your concerns, I apologize that there's been a delay in addressing your comments on this site. I've located your account, and it looks like we called you 3 times and emailed you just after you directly sent us an email about your concerns in October. Since then, we've continued to try to contact you so that we can make arrangements to assist you with making payments on your account, purchasing your equipment or even closing your account for you if AZUMA is just not the right fit for your needs any longer. Since we haven't been able to get in touch, we weren't able to take any real decisive action on how you would like to proceed with your service.

Regarding the payments on your account, Janet is correct -- we do not draft payments from your account unless we have permission to do so. This can be either a single payment that you have authorized, or if you have set up for automatic payments on a monthly basis. The third case where we would draft from an account, which would apply to your account, is when an account has become severely past due and no contact has been made to us to make a late payment arrangement or to end the service. If we attempt to reach you with no response, and there have been months in a row where no payment has been made, it is included on your initial service contract that you grant us the right to take the payment to bring your account current and prevent the account from garnering further late charges. I'm sorry that this has become the case.

We would still love to hear from you so that we can resolve this. I'd like to invite you to call our account management team directly at 800-355-5688. You can also send an email to management at [email protected] and we will respond to any concerns you have or call you back within 1 business day. We're open Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 7:30PM CST and Saturday from 10AM to 2PM.

Thanks again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Christine R

Unauthorized charges

When I signed a lease with Azuma, it was like making a deal with the devil. This company is out of control. They took money out of my account without my authorization and then had the nerve to report a charge off/collection account to my credit. My account has been current for a year and they still have a negative mark on my credit and refuse to remove it. They also lost one of my money orders for payment.

When my account became past due due to the money order being lost, their collections person, Adam, started calling me to collect payment. He called me at least 10 times in one day which is clearly a violation of the FDCPA collection calls and the California civil code, but it doesn't stop there. He then told me that if I didn't return their equipment he would have me arrested on grand theft charges. Me being the person that I am, I cursed him out and then hung up on him. I guess this upset him, so he decided to call my parents, which were references used when I opened the account, and told them he was down at the police station getting a warrant for my arrest on grand theft charges. This, of course, is also a violation of CA civil code because he disclosed my debt to a 3rd party and he threatened me. These intimidation tactics are clearly against the law.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Center, Equifax and with another consumer rights advocacy group called Call for Action. Azuma responded to my complaint filed with the BBB by saying they aren't required to follow FDCPA laws because they aren't a 3rd party collection agency and everything they've done is stated in my contract. I don't think so.

Someone from their customer service department tried to make a settlement with me by agreeing to waive all late fees, dry run fees, a deletion from my credit report, and a buyout for the fridge I'm leasing at $273 if I agree to pay November and December's payment. Now, this might sound like a good deal but I've been paying on this fridge for 14 months @ $24.95/month, which means I've already paid $349.16 plus taxes and now they want me to pay another $273 for a total of $622.16 plus tax. This exact fridge cost about $369 in retail stores. I've also been denied credit because the negative credit reporting has been there for a year.

At this point I am fed up and do plan to take this company to small claims court and sue them for punitive damages. If there are any others out there that have been scammed by this company, let's rally together and get a class action lawsuit filed against them. They need to be stopped immediately. We, as consumers have the right not to be harassed, threatened, intimidated, lied to, and violated.

Never use them

I leased a washer and dryer combo from azuma for a total of 1 year. My first issue was when i made an online payment with my check card and was charged twice. It took 2 months to get my money refunded and it came in the form of a check- super inconvenient. When i had the appliances picked up i received a final statement that was for bogus charges in the amount of 97.00. I refused to pay- as the charges were bogus- so Azuma took it upon themselves to deduct the 97.00 out of my checking account directly without my authorization. Criminals! I had to change my account information because of them.

• Sm
    smith Apr 09, 2009

Don't rent, Don't rent from Azuma Leaseing. As posted, they will cetaintly take it upon themselves to get your account information, and repeatedly charge your account w/out your permission. In my case they've caused me overdraft fees of which I might not be able to get back . DON"T LEASE FROM THE THIEVES !!!

Thieves - Unauthorized Charges

BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT RENT FROM AZUMA!!! I rented a stackable washer and dryer in December 2006. I rented the equipment until the end of July 2007 and then I chose to end my contract because I was moving. I scheduled a pick up for August 2, 2007. I paid my bills every month with no problem. Then four months later on Friday, November 9, 2007 I happened to check my bank account online and I found a charge for $36.49 from Azuma that had just appeared on the account that morning as a pending charge. I was shocked and did not understand why this charge was on my account since I closed the account and the equipment was picked up. Obviously the charge was totally unauthorized and I became extremely upset. I contacted the company and talked to a customer service representative who transferred me to the “Collections Department”. I talked to a guy named Adam who was very rude and obnoxious. He insisted that Azuma had the right to take money out of my account according to their contract. This is bull. I asked Adam that if any money was owed to them how come they did not notify me in writing and he stated that they do not have to send out invoices at all but that invoices are just a courtesy and up to their discretion to send or not. I asked him to tell me what the charge is for and he said it was for payment and that’s all he kept saying. I then stated that I have paid every bill and asked him to provide a copy of the charge they claim was not paid and he said he did not have to do that. I also asked to see a copy of this so called contract and he said he did not have to provide it. I then asked to speak to his supervisor or manager and he refused to give me the name. So I hung up on him because I was getting nowhere as he started to sound like a robot repeating the same thing over and over again. Adam then had the nerve to call me back (he got the number from caller ID) and I instructed him to never again call me. I was done with him and needed to speak to someone in a higher position. I called back and talked a customer service rep who gave me the name of Adam’s supervisor. His name is Roberto. I have not heard back from Roberto. I also sent emails to the President and Senior Operations Manager and neither of them have had the decency to call me back. I have taken the matter up with my bank, the Better Business Bureau and the FTC and anyone else who will listen. I have also contacted the channel 4 news investigations to report this company. I want it known all over the country that Azuma is NOT an upstanding company and no one should rent anything from them. I will NEVER again do business with Azuma and I would advise anyone else to NEVER rent any equipment from them. Go to the Laundromat before you rent from them. If you need to rent a refrigerator, use a Styrofoam cooler before renting from them or find somebody else to rent from. I researched the Better Business Bureau and found that there are multiple complaints from former Azuma customers that have had the same problem, in fact too many complaints to count. I am finding all sorts of complaints on the internet and will be contacting an attorney. They have stolen money from my account by taking unauthorized funds and Azuma is nothing but a crooked company and they can just go straight to hell. I filed a claim with Bank of America and Azuma will never be allowed to use my card again. I am not letting this go. They are the WORST company and they will make unauthorized charges on your account. Here is the link for BBB http://www.centraltx.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=49376&language=1&bureau=&bbbid= copy and past into your browser. They have to be stopped and actually they need to be shut down. I have learned to research companies before I do business with them. Also, most importantly, it is obvious that Azuma is holding credit card and debit card numbers in their database even after the account has been closed which is why they were able to charge my account 4 months later without authorization. I know that $36.49 is a small amount but it’s the principle of the matter and I am not letting them get away with this. What they have done is illegal. I want them to show me proof that I owe them money. And then I want them to show me the contract that states they have the right to use a customer’s credit card or bank card without notifying the customer first and presenting something in writing with an invoice or a bill. I do not think they will be sending me a copy of this so called contract and until they do, I do not believe that it exists.

This company is a rip off!

Please do not do business with this company and if you live in the state of Texas and they have ripped you off please contact the Attorney General's Office and register a complaint. They would like to run these people out of Texas with their illegal practices.

They are rip offs!

Wish I had read these before I got signed on to this rip off company... don't be fooled by them... they will haunt you!!!

• Br
    Bronze Doll Jul 20, 2007

I have had the same experience with Azuma Leasing. They will also continue to charge you after you have returned their equipment. I have been in contact with a friend in the Attorney General's office who says that Azuma has a long history in doing this to people. Please go to the Attorney General's website:

and register a complaint. Their practices are illegal in the state of Texas and only continue because enough people are not following through.

Please do not rent any appliances from these people and rental communities please stop recommending their services to your residents.

• Cl
    clprofelopez Jul 12, 2009

I really wish that I had never gotten involved with Azuma at all. Consistent overbilling every month, and they also run a scam that has to do with their automatic bill pay. I have set up automatic bill pay with them three separate times now, and they continue to charge late fees even when I can see on my credit card statement that the payment went through on time for the full amount. Azuma charges $1 per day late fees. When you call them, they try to convince you that the payment never went through, that you need to contact your credit card company, etc., and have the nerve to ask you to pay the balance again to avoid further late fees, damage to your credit, etc. There are numerous complaints on file with the Texas State Attorney General's Office for this and other scams. I've even seen some people complain about them making unauthorized payment on their credit cards. Do any web search for "Azuma Leasing fraud", "Azuma Leasing Texas State Attorney General's Office", etc. and you'll see what I'm talking about. These people should be put out of business!!!

AZUMA Leasing Jul 25, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for the recent posting. We appreciate the opportunity your notification has provided us to assist you with the above referenced issues. I apologize for the general nature of our responses and welcome the opportunity for you to call us directly, so we can look up your account and go over this resolution in more detail. Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer's first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. We apologize for your lack of satisfaction with our service. It is not our practice to conduct "overbilling", charge late fees on payments made by the due date or within the five-day grace period, or to not acknowledge valid credit card payments processed to an account. All payment policies, including late fee information is detailed in the lease agreement, which is accepted prior to or at the time of delivery. I welcome the opportunity to go over your account in detail and personally assist with any outstanding issues or concerns.

We greatly appreciate this customer's business and we welcome them to contact me directly at 800-707-1188 ext 342, so I may specifically address their concerns regarding their account.

Group Manager
    800/707-1188 ext 342

F'ing scam!

Azuma is a F'ing scam! DO NOT USE THEM!!! BUY USED TRUST ME YOU'LL SAVE A LOT MORE MONEY. delivery...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices