Menu

reviews & complaints

Google Complaints Summary

257 Resolved
1225 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Google's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Google has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Google. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Google complaints 1482

Sort by:

Newest Google reviews & complaints

M
7:34 pm EST

Google Google charges

I have had two unauthorised Google payments come out of my account. I put in two claims with google, and both came back with "unable to confirm fraudulent activity"

and my response to that is...

No, this is NOT good enough. Turn that right around...

Your response is "we cannot confirm fraudulent activity"...

I want you to provide proof that the payment taken out was legitimate and requested by me, the account holder...

That is not good enough. You're saying that any payment can be taken out of anyone's account, and that is your standard response.

Proof of claim is required otherwise it is THEFT!

Now i want to know where i can go.

The fox is guarding the henhouse.

Tell me who oversees your company because this is total piracy.

Claimed loss: $22.85

Desired outcome: REFUND and google must be forced to change their charging policy, AND have independent agency overseeing complaints

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Google representatives only. If you are affiliated with Google, please claim your business to access these details.

T
10:16 am EST

Google Buffalo studio charges

I am going through my bank statements from 2022 and see that this "Buffalo Studios" has taken $857.34 from me. I need help, please call me at [protected], as I do not know what this is. The only Google I had coming from my account was 15$ but that was canceled last year.

This is only the time period of 11/2/23 - 12/11/23. I have not gone further but fully intend to now. The charges are below:

11.02.23 - 106.24

Desired outcome: EXPLANATION / REFUND

D
5:09 pm EST

Google Unauthorized transactions

On February 1 my brother died Jennifer Tripp sent me $100. April Underwood also sent me $45. I withdrew 40 at the 7-Eleven and all of the transactions after that are all fraudulent I was told I had to wait until they were completed they were completed by January 4 2024 I started doing dispute charges. There were so many that it was getting confusing. Account that the charges were taken out of was my cash app account. Please help me.

Claimed loss: 125.00 about

Desired outcome: Refunded amount stolen

View 0 more photos

Is Google legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Google as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 17% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Google stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Google should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Google earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Google achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Google. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and email, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Google has claimed the domain name for google.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Google.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Google website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Google.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Google have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Google and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Google has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 17% of 1482 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Google protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
I
3:49 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Google Google Maps having not labelled Palestine and many others.

Hello, Google

When I was searching for brands that support Israel on the BDS Movement Canadian Coalition's List of Shame, I saw Google on the lsit with reasoning how Google did not label Palestine on your map of the Middle East but instead only Israel was shown. Palestine is till a country and both it and Israel live on the same land but recognized as different countries and due to the ongoing conflicts, and Palestinian citzens being subjected to bombing, being kicked out of their own homes, subject to apartheid and others, it more important now to help stand with them. Please find a way to not support the IDF's further harm of Palestinian civilians (I am not quite sure if you do, but just to make sure). This is in no way to threaten any Jewish of Israeli employees who you have hired. Hamas has done an absolute amount of damage and I wholeheartedly sympathize. This complaint, is a call for action, for the sake of both Palestine and the Jewish hostages.

Best regards,

A Google User

9:13 am EST

Google Locked out of gmail

I have been locked out of my [protected]@gmail.com account that I have been using for 20 years. Google has shown no desire to help me recover the account.

I don't understand why Google cannot fix the problems with my account that their incompetent employees cannot fix the problem. Telling me to wait 6 hours for a response follow by 4 days followed by waiting for a week?

Claimed loss: No access to anything on <span class="replace-code" title="This information is only accessible to verified representatives of company">[protected]</span>@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Fix the damned problem.

C
6:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

An individual with a significant mental disorder has been cyberattacking our family members, including my 6 year old granddaughter. I have been able to have most of these posts removed through cooperation from the websites involved. However, there is one that appears on the 1st page of Google search, under my name, (in 3rd or 4th position), which still...

Read full review of Google and 1 comment
8:41 pm EST

Google google pixel 6a

i purechased to google pixel 6 as a little under 6 months ago. I have been trying to get a response from someone regarding the quality of the phone and of the functionality of the phone cause it sucks and we cant hardly use them after i spent 1000 dollars on tgwo of them. I have contacted support i have tried to email io have tried to call and i get no response from google on any format. I am in the process of contacting an attorney cause my father died and i was not there for it cause no one could reach me on my phone or on my wifes phone to tell us. To say that i am pissed off is a understatment. I want my phones replace3d or new phones sent and a differentr model or just my money back. I was not able to say good bye to my father cause of your phone google. I want something done about this or i will be going to new agencys and evberyone that will listen and tell my sgtory cause i am so pissed its not funny.

Claimed loss: my father died my phone or wifes phone was not working at all so we were not there when he died

Desired outcome: I want new phones or my money back or a phone that worjks cause what i have been reading the pixel 6a is garbage and google knows it but they still sell them and then ignores them when there is a issue

D
7:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Google I can't get in my gmail can someone please help me?

I need help. My password doesn't work and I don't have iphone devices.
My email is [protected]@gmail.com.
The other email; I am not recalling too.
Could someone please help me fix this?
I need this Gmail to pay bills. Can someone get in and fix this please?
Password: w77t2Xxaw47%
Can someone please email me the new password to [protected]@gmail.com
Thank you.
Diana Sanson
26175 Buscador
Mission Viejo, CA 92692

Claimed loss: I can't get in my gmail and I use it for everything and bills.The neighbor I think next door 26181 Buscador, Mission Viejo, CA sounds like they are hacking into my computer and having kids looking to what I am doing on computer.

Desired outcome: Can someone please email me the new password to [protected]@gmail.com?I have no money at all.

K
5:02 am EDT

Google Unauthorized Charge

I got an unauthorized charged of P1,407 on my BDO account. POS w/d sv google (sug.co/helppa) unauthorized charge in my account - Philippines.

I need my refund back as soon as possible, I did not make any purchase on anything. That money is for my electric bill. I have too much stress this entire month so please! Give me back my money.

I need to get it as soon as possible.

Why are you doing this.

1:10 pm EDT

Google Account information update

One year ago I had to change my ISP, therefore my email address changed. At the time I tried - unsuccessfully - to update my email address with Google even though I rarely used Google for signins. Since then I have had numerous headaches with other sites that refuse to accept my new email address because they use Google for verification which continues to use my old email address. I have even tried to contact Google to rectify this problem and was told that I need to create a whole new account, which I don't want to do. Apparently I can update ALL other personal information but not my email address.

Desired outcome: Let me update my email address

6:13 am EDT

Google Google reviews

Dear team

I write to you from Ashford International Truckstop, Ashford Kent with regards to a few google reviews that have been intended to bring our ratings down. I have reported a few below is and example of one reviewer who has marked us as a 3 star , looking at the history , the same google ID had review in 38 locations across the UK in an hour.

please find below

Jason Pickston

Local Guide · Level 6

2,239 points

____________

Here is another that has reviewed us and our competition at the same time

giving us a 1 star and competition a 5 star.

mehmet şefik dağ

Local Guide · Level 3

Kind regards

Russel

Desired outcome: Remove the reviews please, since this is some sort of paid reviewer intended to cause damage.

4:46 pm EDT

Google Folder Sharing not working correctly on 10/23

I have been using Google Drive for years. Today, for the first time, I can't save files in my own folders because I don't have "permission." Really?

Has GD changed the way folders are shared? I am also having problems saving Excel documents in GD folders.

When i go to the web version of GD and right click on a folder to determine who it is shared with (trying to trouble shoot), it says sharing is not available and doesn't return a list of email addresses i have shared the file with.

I hope the problem is simply GD trying to fix a problem with their system.

Is anyone else having a problem with Folder / File sharing?

W
1:27 am EDT

Google Uncertain charges from Google Gsuite

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is Wendy from AI DATA INNOVATION CORPORATION.

I found two uncertain charges from our company's credit card (ending in 9423),

1, Amount: $4.08, "GOOGLE GSUITE_aidatainno650-2530000 CA #24204297L03HPTNAS", on Sept.1.

2, Amount: $140.05, "GOOGLE GSUITE_aidatainno650-2530000 CA

#24204298J02RXSVQ5", paid on Oct.1.

Could you tell me what the two payments for? Which account is associated with the transaction?

Please contact me by [protected]@aidatainnovations.com.

Appreciate it,

Wendy

M
10:24 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day! I've recently checked my debit card, and saw this transactions; * October 03, 2023 POS W/D SV GOOGLE Mob London MC (Mastercard Php 105.00) * October 03, 2023 POS W/D SV GOOGLE Mob London MC (Mastercard Php 105.00) * October 03, 2023 POS W/D SV GOOGLE Mob London MC (Mastercard Php 53.00) * October 10, 2023 POS W/D SV GOOGLE Mob London MC...

F
7:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Google Google ads experts never got back with me

I clearly scheduled a meeting to speak with someone about getting my google ads account set up for October 11, 2023 , and well low and behold the meeting gets canceled for no reason by the google ads expert with a message stating that I would get a call instead. I never got a call so now I can not set up my account. I never knew that google would hire people to be so unprofessional, and negligent towards helping people do business with them. It's now going on 10/14,2023 and no one from the google ads expert team has reached out to me.

Desired outcome: I need someone to follow through with helping me set up my google ads account for my online business

4:30 pm EDT

Google google play card

I bought a $25.00 google play card on oct 8 2023 12:36 pm at a local CVS pharmacy in lady lake Fl 32159. When I went to scratch the code off the back it got obliterated and i could not see any code. I scanned the card and receipt to send to you and also sent an email to you. I went on the chat line and your customer service rep referred it to a specialist and he denied it. [ ID [protected] and email o [protected]] I have the original receipt and play card i made copies of to send to you but so far I have not heard anything back from you. Please assist me on this so I dont have to further to get my code or dollar refund.

[protected]@gmail.com

John Sullivan

[protected]

Desired outcome: Please give me a redeem code for the $25. play card or send a refund check to John Sullivan797 Teague Trail apt 13102Lady Lake FL 32159

B
5:47 pm EDT

Google G-Suite

I just learned that this recurring charge that has been appearing in my First Bank of Colorado statements is actually fraudulent according to the results of a web search.

This has been going on for months although I could Google could not, or would not, provide any assistance in the matter.

GOOGLE GSUITE_braunsol [protected] CA

I have nothing in my Google Account like this.

Kind regards,

Alexander Henderson

[protected]

Desired outcome: I would like it stopped at the source and possibly receive a refund.

12:30 pm EDT

Google Unauthorized transactions

Beginning Aug 14, 2023 I have the following unauthorized charges on my Capital One account.

08/14 Google Scopely Inc $3.24

" 8.57

" 8.57

09/18 Roblox .12

09/25 Scopely 1.14

Desired outcome: Refund as I did not make these charges, and no one I know made them.

C
2:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am contacting you because I have had someone leave a review about my business that is fake. I have tried already to report it & have it removed but whoever is making these decisions is not doing their job and is ignoring a fair, reasonable, truthful request. It also doesnt help that Google has a poor limited choice of options for business owners to...

T
5:31 pm EDT

Google Fake email notification

I receive notifications repeatedly that I have so many viruses on my computer. This is a false notification and I would like it to stop. This type of email is a scare tactic to purchase a product from google. This needs to stop!

I also attempted to contact your corporate headquarters and failed to make any contact. While I waited on the phone, the corporate end of the call hung up on me. This is unacceptable.

I would like to get a reply from someone who can actually accomplish in changing your tactics. This means someone who is at the vice president level.

My next complaint is to the better business office.

Tim coyle

[protected]

Desired outcome: Stop the false addsBe able to talk to a human beingGet a reply from someone at the vice president's level or above.Tim Coyle661435 5746

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Google contacts