Dollar Treewrongful termination

C Jul 10, 2019

On 4-9-19 I was abruptly terminated from my job as store manager. District manager was Derek Powers. I worked there 268 days without a freight manager was never given help. Derek always threaten my job since I went to that store on 4-1-2018. I previously worked at Dollarstop Dollartree at Davis Lake in Charlotte, N.C. which closed on 5-2018. Derek treated me wrong the entire time I was at this store. One day he came to the store tried to get me to go to another store as ops manager because this store did not have any help. I refused. From that day on he tried to write me up for different things. I went to this store there was no way exits out of the building so he wrote me up I had only been there one month. Then he started at me about zero sales write ups which I noted I did not have help. I did not have a freight manager and no hours for stocking. He would never provide help or come to the store. If you talked to him he was at home you could always here his kids in the background. The final straw came on 4-9-2019 he rushed in the store told me he needed to talk to me he was going to have to terminate me I could not believe this. His reason was zero sales which was 192 at that time and fiscal inventory. I had not even been there one year and the form stated you had to have two executive failing inventories to be dismissed. i asked him why was this happening and I told him this is retalation because I would not take that other posistion he wanted me to take. I had been with Dollar Tree since 8-2012. I hads to be doing my job to be there that long. Then I heard that Derek lost his job for not doing what he was suppose to do. I know that he wrongfully terminated me and put in the system that I was not to be rehired. He ran this District 331 in the ground not doing his job and treating certain managers any kind of way. Do not take my word look at history how many manager hired under his leadership. Richard Fortune was Regional Manager who always show a blind eye to his performance and he knew he was not doing his job. Everything Derek touch or handled should be looked in. I know personal most of it was as they say penciled whipped not true. I worked 75 to 80 hours a week because he would not help me with adequate staffing. I feel and know I was treated wrong.
Carolyn Bennett