Having problems with Dollar Tree?

Dollar Tree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 25, 2008. The latest review Service was posted on Sep 23, 2021. The latest complaint Overwhelmingly disrespectful and rude. was resolved on Apr 02, 2021. Dollar Tree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2494 reviews. Dollar Tree has resolved 91 complaints.

Dollar Tree Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree Customer Service. Initial Dollar Tree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dollar Tree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dollar Tree. Discuss the issues you have had with Dollar Tree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews, Page 72

Dollar Treestore conditions

I visited the Dollar Tree store at 1252 Northlake Blvd. in Lake Park, Florida today and have never seen it in such a state of disarray. There were shelves that were completely empty, the rest half empty. Storeroom carts were parked all over the aisles overflowing with unopened cardboard boxes of inventory. One big mess!! It looked like a post-apocalyptic scene from a disaster movie. I am not exaggerating! I asked the one employee in the store what is going on, is the store closing? She said she had no idea and she was the wrong one to ask. So, I told her that is really sad. It seems the store is completely abandoned by management. I drove down the road to Family Dollar and spent $100 in their fully-stocked, well-managed store. Would someone please investigate this eyesore in an otherwise well-appointed plaza?

Dollar Treetrip and fall incident on monday, 05-21-18 at 17:25 at store # 2289 in tulsa, ok

On the above day I was on the way back to my shopping cart which I had left a few
    aisles from where I got the forgotten item. With my left outside foot I caught an about 1 inch in diameter "blinkie ball". I lost my balance, tried to regain it but could not and fell down flat in the middle aisle. Another female customer came and asked me if I was o.k. At the time it seemed like it so at check-out I did not say anything. Later on that evening my right knee started to swell up and my 2 outside fingers of my right hand started hurting also. I have bruise marks on my knuckles from the carpet in the store.
    Around 19:30 the same day I called that store and told the at the time in charge female manager about the incident. She did not want to tell me if there is any video surveillance recording (where you could clearly view my fall). She said she would contact the area manager and he would get in contact with me shortly. Well, I am still waiting for that call. Yesterday morning I went to my doctor for the injury, today my knee will be x-rayed. I am on sick leave now thanks to this accident, will be losing income and have to pay for doctors and treatment procedures. 0bviously nobody cares about a customer
    getting hurt in a sloppy run store. Is this how you treat customers and who will pay for all the extra costs and the pain that I have now. I am walking on a cane right now. Since I work the for the school system, my summer break will be ruined due to the injury. I will take weeks until I can use my right leg at least half way. I am 60 years old and something like this has never happened to me before.

Dollar Treemanager

I have gone to the Dollar Tree in wesport in Ks since it opened up however it has changed.I fell so sorry for the employees. Every Sunday morning the clerks are getting yelled at and have to listen to complains. The young black man i have not see for a couple of Sundays he was always so nice no matter how nasty the customers were now there is a new lady i believe her name his gigi very nice and friendly and again no matter how the customers are she just says i understand. She is there every Sunday morning at 9:45 and she is taking the money for the sunday newspapers left outside the problem is by 10:15 the manager is not there at least for the last 5 weekends. She has to listed to so many complaints. Before her the young mas was being yelled at because the store manager was late comming in so when he got in he had to boot up the system there was a long line of customers all with attitudes taking it out on this young man. You need new MANAGEMENT this is store is at a very popular locations and could make money if it was ran correctly. Reward good employees.

Dollar Treeno refunds

05-22-18 store #7209 Hollister, MO. I purchased a "car sunshade" that is a total piece of garbage, no stiffness, won't stand up in windshield, just crumples down and can't even be refolded. A fake product. I tried to return it 15 minutes later and the manager told me there are no refunds, only exchanges. As stated in small print on the bottom of the receipt. I don't want anything else of such inferior quality, imitation products. This is a very poor policy, is this even legal? The FTC should look into this.

Dollar Treestore (#7004) being closed for over a month

This store has been closed for over a month with a handwritten note on the doors staying its closed and they don't know when it will reopen. Can you tell me when or will it will open again? Its in a high demand location and the community misses it. Its Dollar Tree, Store #7004, 6300 Central Avenue, Seat Pleasant, MD [protected] US

Deanna V. Covington
          12317 Foyette Lane
          Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
          [protected]
          [protected]@gmail.com

Dollar Treecustomer service at store

The store is so unorganized.. while visiting ther store several customers asked if there was other worker to help. The store manager became irate . She said if no one wanted to wait they can leave.
            We as customers wanted the merchandise but don't feel like we should have to wait on a long line with one cashier for 30 mins or more. And then to be spoken to a direspect and discontent.

Dollar Tree — employee

Hi im writing to complaining about an employee by the name of lavoris johnson hes very rude and disrespectful...

Dollar Treewhole store

What has happened to this store? I walked into the santa paula, calif. Store the other day and the sight before me was shocking. The middle of the store was empty and looked like a cleared space for dancing! I asked the clerk if they were closing or remodelling. She sheepishly said no they were just... And trailed off. The store(s) are trashy, dirty, stock opened and all over the place. They should hide the back area as it's truly abominable! The stores in bakersfield, cal. Are no better. I wouldn't buy any food goods there.
              This used to be a fun place to shop — no more. I would think the head people at dollar tree would take more pride and once again make dollar tree a fun place to go and shop. Such a waste. You guys would make more money cleaning it up!

• Updated by Lynnette Smith · May 21, 2018

Hope some one will wake up and smell not so rosy problem.why it is so difficult to do something I don't know.

Dollar Treerude and disrespectful employee

On sunday May 20, 2018 i visisted the store #2095 to purchase 2 sunday newspapers and a few other items. Being a couponer and frequent shopper(at least 2-3 times a week) of this location, i arrive early on the weekends to stand in line as fellow couponers do. The male employee by the name of Cedric was standing outside the store when i arrived at 8:20 am on the phone and beating on the windows and doors very hard to get someone to let him in. After about 15 mins of this behavior and excessive complaints about how he hated working for the company and how he was tired of couponers on the weekend coming to the store and how much he didnt need to work for dollar tree, he walked to the parking lot and proceeded to walk to my vehicle and pull on my door. I said "excuse me why are you pulling my door?" (while still in line) He replied " my bad i thought it was my managers truck". While still on the phone he tells the person he is talking to that this is some [censored] and these people has him [censored] up. I stated if you have anything to say to me please address me. After exchanging words for a few minutes(all of this takes place in front of other cumstomers which are in line as i am) the manager pulls up and as she is opening the door she tells him he should have checked the schedule because his time changed. I am highly upset from the poor customer service and disrespect from he him and his actions and negativity which he shows every weekend to myself and other customers. I dont feel the customers should know his personal business (SEXuality)also which he expresses. I know that there are other stores around.me i can shop at but im comfortable at this location which i have been shopping at for over 4yrs.

Dollar Treean employee

So my boyfriend works at the dollar tree in Albion. And he tells me story's of what his manager tells him. Well I think she is over stepping boundaries. She tells my boyfriend things about other employees such as why someone else got fired. She also texts him instead of calling him about work. I don't think she should be doing that stuff. I feel she is over stepping her boundaries.

Dollar Treemanager nicole

was in there between 1pm and 3 pm...had a lot of running to do... BUT while I was in there with my small child this manager started dropping F Bombs left and right..not 1 but close to a dozen F Bombs. i understand were humans and 1 may slip out but come on even Ozzy Osbone did not drop that many in a row. its not professional as a manager, its not a good reflection on the store, its a bad reflection on those who gave her that title.

Dollar Tree — store associate

I went to the Dollar tree with my six year old daughter while I was shopping she told me she had to use the...

Dollar Treecustomer service store manager

I will preface my complaint by letting you know i am the caretaker/guardian for my mom who has dementia who cannot be left alone so leaving my house has to be planned with an alternate caretaker. I went to the Dollar Tree in Edgewood Ky. At approximately 9pm i went to shop at this particular store. Since i dont get away very often I had lots to buy. At 945 the manager announced the store would be closing in 15 min so i was hurrying to finish up my shopping. I grabbed everything needed as fast as i could. I finished shopping and went to the register to pay and i could find nobody in the store. I was locked in. I yelled out 2 or 3 times to find out where the employees were at so i could pay. I had a whole cart full. I could hear change being counted so i yelled again and finally 2 employees came out of the office. I asked what register i could go to and im assuming the lady who was manager told me the store was closed and i was too late. It was 1002 pm i told her i did not know the store had closed because no announcement was made that the store was closing. She said oh yes i did and i said well then how did i not hear it if i heard the 945 announcement. She totally refused to let me pay for all i had in my cart. She said she couldnt ring me out because all registers were closed but it was only 1003. I said but you never announced that it was 10 and the store was closed. She said oh yes i did then said to the co worker didnt I announce we were closed and she agreed with her of course. I was ithe only customer in there and i believe she didnt make a closing announcement because she thought the store was empty. so if she had announced closing i would have gotten in line. I think there was no one else in the store and since she didnt see me she thought the store was empty. I looked at my watch and it was 1002 and she refused to let me pay for my items she told me to leave the store so needless to say i was shocked. After working in retail for many years i would never have told a customer that it was 2 minutes past closing and we were closed and i wouldnt ring up her purchases. I have never been treated so rudely by anyone in a place of business. They both need to be fired! I told them i would be reporting this incident to corporate and they just chuckled and said go ahead. I want to know what was done to address this situation.

Dollar Treenegligence

Today, May 19th 2018 around 9:30 a.m. I was at Dollar Tree and picked up a bottle of the awesome drain cleaner. The bottle I picked up was leaking and got onto my hand. This bottle clearly states that it is poison and it will be immediate burn upon contact which my skin is experiencing Burning Sensations. This product contains lye! I went to see the supervisor on duty which I think her name was Jesse or Jessica or something like that and I asked if I could run some water on my finger because it was burning because the bottle was leaking. Mind you, the bottle was in boxes that clearly said do not stack these boxes do not double stack but they were stacked all the same. Anyway, I asked to wash my hand and all I was offered was hand sanitizer which only exasperated the issue. I then asked the supervisor if I could fill out an incident report since she refused to allow me to run water on my burning finger. She refused me yet when she finally realized I was serious, she sarcastically said to me "REALLY? You want to fill out a report for some bleach on your hand?"... I replied to this very rude supervisor on duty, that it was not bleach it was Lye... it says it's poison and my finger was currently burning. I said to her either I fill out a police/ incident report or I'm going to sue if I continue to burn. She then finally, allowed me to rinse my hand but this was after a good solid six or seven minutes that this substance was sitting on my finger. I have rinsed it and yet it is still irritated. This woman was sarcastic and condescending and did not take the issue seriously at all. I have a video of the whole incident and will be monitoring my finger. This woman needs to be reprimanded for the way she handled the situation which was very unprofessional. Almost "catty".

negligence

Dollar Tree — horrible customer service dollar tree saratoga springs ny 12866

Well today was our last trip to the Dollar Store, after going in for Birthday Balloons we were told we have...

Dollar Treecustomer service

I was poor customer service today. The store is on 1909 Dauphin Island Pkway, Mobile AL.
                          The line to ring up the customer was stretching down the Isles and only one register was open. The manager was told he needed to open up a register and he refused. The Manager Harold Smith was conversing with a customer and then instead of opening a new register, he went outside to talk to a different customer. The employee at the register did not acknowledge my presence or speak she had her friend standing next to her she never spoke. This was horrible and I am contemplating not going back.

Chandra Smith
                          [protected] or 1897

Dollar Tree — brand-name cut - glass goblets, 12oz.

I bought " Brand-name cut- Glass Goblets, 12oz." Four of them were delivered but when I opened the box they...

Dollar Tree — how nasty the store is

I visit the dollar tree at 2034 metropolitan Pkwy sw atl ga 30315 regularly and I have to tell you I won't be...

Dollar Tree — incomplete order ec4193927

Re: LaJunta, Co store. 4/10/18 I ordered 8 cases of Cafe Al Fresco. 4/18/18, VISA paid $49.44. However, I wa...

Dollar Treeunprofessional/attitude

Yesterday evening, around six pm, my mother and I went to your Dollar Tree (6725 Clinton Highway #101, Knoxville, TN, 37912).When we went to check out...there were two employees up front, both dealing with customers. The open register lights were lit on both lanes. As we were coming up, one was being rude. I couldn't hear what she said, being too far, but could hear the tone.
                            We walked up to the register, but even though the open light was on, she told me she wasn't open. I said 'oh, ok, sorry I didn't know' and pointed at the light. She snapped at me' CLOSED!'
                            As I start turning the cart around she suddenly says 'hey you can't take that!'to a customer in the next lane. Mom and I turn around (hearing that, I thought shoplifter?)..and as we turn to see what this woman was going off about, she says 'You can't have those bags they are $40 a box.' The man has ONE in his hand. ONE shopping bag.
                            He says it's was just one - obviously true.
                            She responds with she (other cashier) already double bagged your stuff, when she shouldn't have, so give that bag back, too expensive, he couldn't have it.
                            He gives the bag to his cashier...who was in shock. We all were...there were 5 other customers standing up at registers waiting to check out. He then looked at the woman and told her that Dollar Tree has lost a customer due to this.
                            Her response: Good!
                            She was horribly rude and nasty.
                            The man was polite the entire exchange, even apologizing to his cashier about it (with the way that woman was about it especially with the double bagged items comment, we all think she was probably going to be in trouble from that).
                            Yes, trouble, that's right...this woman is management!
                            Is THIS what you want representing your company?
                            The name on her uniform is Alvena.
                            If I had EVER treated a customer in that manner I would have been immediately terminated...and later, when I became management myself, I fired people on the spot for it.