Having problems with Dollar Tree?

Dollar Tree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 25, 2008. The latest review Service was posted on Sep 23, 2021. The latest complaint Overwhelmingly disrespectful and rude. was resolved on Apr 02, 2021. Dollar Tree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2494 reviews. Dollar Tree has resolved 91 complaints.

Dollar Tree Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree Customer Service. Initial Dollar Tree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dollar Tree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dollar Tree. Discuss the issues you have had with Dollar Tree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews, Page 70

DollarTreecustomer service

This, type of customer service, as well as customer needs is distasteful for your business and the customers time and money. There, is always, always loads of merchandise waiting to be placed on the shelves, Everytime I visit the store. Customers, opening sitting boxes, before they are shelved, because it's what they drove to shop for in the first place. I have witnessed many customers, turn around and leave because of the lines and customer service.

Dollar Treebad customer service

I go a lot in the morning or afternoon to the dollar tree by costa mesa located by Wilson and Fairview and the assistant manger Karen is always on her phone or she has bad attitude with her employees she takes long to help them with the line. ... bad customer service why is she an assistant ?? I feel bad for the workers because they are stuck with her

Dollar Treedollar tree store in chipley, fl

On June 3, I went into this store. There was a dog running around without a leash and chasing after different people. When I went to checkout a young boy around 6 or 7 years old was trying to checkout using a debit card. He did NOT have on shirt or shoes now was he with an adult. He could not remember the pin number and said his father gave 3-4 numbers to try. All the customers had to move to a different checkout line. When he left the dog followed him. He ran to a nearby motel.

First of all, the cashier, who was an older woman, should have requested an adult come in to complete transaction; the dog should NOT have been allowed in this store, period. There should have been shirt and shoes required.

I am requesting that this store be reprimanded and better trained!!! This is ridiculous!

Please respond to this complaint.

Dollar Treepoor customer service received by assistant store manager at store #3651

Good afternoon,

My name is Ms. Murphy. I visited the nearby Dollar Tree Store, #3651, located at 5209 A, Indian Head Highway, Oxon Hill, Maryland [protected]. I was treated very poorly by the Assistant Store Manager, named (Annette).

At approximately 5:30 pm, on Sunday, May 27, 2018, I entered the store, picked out a birthday card, then stood in line to purchase the card and six balloons for my grandson's birthday party that I was in route to. I was in the line right next to the balloon station and right outside of the manager's office. I greeted the cashier, I told her that I would like to buy six balloons. The first thing that the cashier says to me is "I'm new, today is my first day". Looking all puzzled like I had said something out of the ordinary. I asked her if she could call for someone to assist with my balloon order. She yelled out towards the office area and said something like, I need help with balloons. A female's voice yelled back from the manager's office through the wall/door and said, (with a loud mean voice/with an attitude) "we are out of balloons, the only balloons we have are the ones already blown up". I asked the cashier could she ring me up, allow me to pay for my order, then I could step aside, and her line with customers could continue you to move on. She replied, "I need numbers to ring up the balloons". In the meantime, an associate comes up and offers to get my balloon order and calls out the numbers on each balloon for the cashier to ring up. The cashier proceeded to ring up my order. For some unknown reason, she called for the manager's help. Vernon called me over to the balloon counter. I stepped over there to show him the balloons that I wanted. The balloons were high up in the ceiling covering each other. While I am at the balloon station, Annette comes out of the office and leans over the cashier, where I had been standing in line, with her back turned towards me. Annette then yells out, "I said the only balloons we have are the ones already blown up". I looked at Vernon and said, "Is she talking to me"?, He says, no and shakes his head. I then said, she must be talking to me because I am the only person standing here ordering balloons. I then said to Annette, I heard what you said and I didn't have a problem understanding what you said, I'm very educated. She said a few words back.

I stepped back over to the line to pay for my card and balloon order. The cashier looks at me dumb-founded. I asked if I could pay for my order. She says, I can't ring you up the manager has to ring you up. I asked her what happened to my order you rung up? She said that the manager cancelled out my order from the register. I asked the assistant manager (Annette), why did she cancel out my order. She said to me, (in a rude nasty tone) "I can't hold me line up for you". I'm now starting to become angry, since I have been in the store for at least 30 minutes or more. Now, I'm told that I have to get back in line. The manager (Annette), says, "I'm not going to ring you up" and went back into the office. I said to her through the office door, that she was very unprofessional and needed to take customer service training. I told her that I was going to file a complaint. I asked her if she could write down her name and her supervisor's name and phone number. At first, she would not tell me. Vernon helped me and gave me her name and the information regarding the store's ID number. She eventually, said out aloud, my managers name is Glenn, you can call Glenn. Vernon also wrote that information down on paper for me. I didn't feel like Glenn would address the situation, since they work together and he may have been her friend.

Vernon volunteered to find me a place in one of the four existing lines, asking customers if I could go ahead of them. There were at least ten customers in each line. I might as well have stood back in line again. It took at least another 10-15 minutes before I got my order rung up. I was really upset by then. By the time I left out of the Dollar Tree Store, it was approximately 6:30 pm.

I would like to recommend/suggest that Vernon be given an opportunity to serve as an Assistant Manager for the Dollar Tree Store. He showed me next level customer service and was very professional and concerned about the customer service that I received. Vernon did everything that (Annette) wouldn't do and couldn't do, as far as being professional and providing good customer service techniques. Annette represented the Dollar Tree Store very poorly.

Based on the Dollar Tree's (Standard Operating Procedures Manual(s), Policies and Procedures, Directives), etc., I would recommend that (Annette) be reprimanded for her poor customer service techniques towards me as the customer. She needs to be held accountable for her actions. She should be made to attend customer service training, anger management training and any other manager training programs, before moving forward in her current assistant manager role and responsibilities.

As far as the cashier that said, "it was her first day and she was new", she needs to re-attend any store associate training requirements before being put on the floor to ring up customers. If she wasn't confident with performing her job responsibilities, she should have been working in another job responsibility, (e.g. stocking, shelving, etc.)

Thank you for allowing me to share my Dollar Tree Store experience. I would like to know how upper management intends to deal with the situation that took place. If you need any additional information, I can be reached on [protected].

Dollar Treecustomer service

The cashiers are extremely rude. I had one tell me I should work to know whatvhecgoes thru. I'm retired after working as a cashier for over 25 years I think i understand what his goes thru. Ibhavevhad things thrown at me, been cussed out and told I don't know anything. Have someone call me asap at [protected] I am very upset about being treated like trash. Yes I am handicapped and dependent upon a power chair to get around so if this is not resolved I will not hesitate to contact the American Disability Act people and file an appropriate law suit for horrible treatment of a customer that usually spends quite a bit of money in this store. Story number is 3657. Location is 937 F M 1821 N in Mineral Wells, Texas 76067. The store phone number us [protected]. I called the corporate number and was on hold for 3 hours. Then was sent back to the beginning and hung up on I am not happy about this. I expect a response with in a week maximum.

Dollar Treeemployee discrimination

I had worked at d. Tree #372 for 7 1/2 years. Another employee that has only been there for about 1 1/2 years got into an argument, the assistant manager came to me and said why don't you go home early. I said if i do i go home for good. The other employee was never was told that. I am a white 62 year old female. She is a 50 to 60 year old black woman. I went home. The other employee is still there!!!. Thi s is discrimination against me. I never heard from the manager until i texted him 4 days later. That if he wanted to hear my side of what happened he should call me. He did. Other employees at the store complained to the manager about the same woman not having to greet customers. Use the intercom to call for back up. Her name is deborah. Mine is janette rooker. I am filing a complaint with the eeoc. You can reach me at
            [protected]

• Ke
                keith6660 Jun 04, 2018

My step son works for your company. He is a hard worker . he has a condition that makes him limp . when I went to pick him up from work today I heard his manager call him cledus . that is not his name . and she said it in an unflattering manner . I am told by other workers that she calls him all the time . I ask him about it and he said that she does it often and in front of other employees . I told him to stand up to her but he will not . what are your thoughts on this matter.

one pissed off father
                you can answer me at [email protected]

Dollar Treemanagement/customer service

Good monday morning!!!

About store #6254 @ 10304 lake june rd., dallas, tx 75217

Their is a problem just able every time I go in this store since it has open, it just horrible. It's never clean or stocked. And the mangers are some of the laziest /sorrest person you could ever meet. They be on their cell phones not speaking or making eye contact with the customers. Loud very loud music playing over head. Talking about their personal stuff with each other in front of the customer. The few times I been there the manger on duty she never has her name tag on, but she walk with a limp. The line has been sooo long when I go in there any where from 13 to 20 people in line. Only one line open, and the manger refuse to open another line. But yesterday (06/03/2018) was the worst, if I tell you the manager literally set on her butt, the whole time as customers was complaining about it only being one line open and 15 to 16 with me standing in line. This girl did not move, a customer was complaining and she told the customer her told her to only use one register. That is freaking crazy!! I really and truly think this girl want ya'll fired her she don't want to work. This store is always dirty, even my 5 year old great grandson say the store is a mess and somebody need to clean it up. The freezer is never stocked and the aisle are cluttered. When I go in other dollar tree stores, I complain about the one in my neighborhood telling them how horrible it is.

Dollar Tree — your store on the outer loop in louisville, ky

Corporate: June, 3 2018 I can not go to Dollar Tree to shop because I can't carry what I buy out to my car...

Dollar Tree — Customer service

Hello. I was recently I. Dollar Tree with my son . Before, I got to register 3 the lights was ok off but I...

Dollar Treeemployee

I went in to cash change. I was going to buy a bad of chips and I asked her if she could exchange the rest for cash she said no that she didnt need it or want it. Not that they couldn't do it cause I know they can when I pay for something. I was already mad because I've tried 10 other stores I needed the cash for my bank deposit and [censored] I walked out instead of just saying nothing or have a nice day. She said "you broke [censored]" something needs to be done my day was completely ruined and I will never use dollar tree again

Dollar Treepoor customer service

I was in the dollar tree in north platte on May 29th and there was an older lady who was sitting in a chair behind the regestier not helping the other cashier and when she did end up helping the cashier she did nothing but complain about having to help. Then she got done helping and told the cashier that was checking me out she was going to break along the front of the store there were boxes everywhere and u could barley get down the aisle

poor customer service

Dollar Treereturns

So i bought 20 dollars worth of weddong stuff turns out i got the wrong thing went to return it and i was told i couldnt get cash back that i had to get other stuff in the store in exchange. I didnt need anytging so either i kept what i bought that i haf no nerd for or get stuff in exchange that i did not need. I was very upset and the cashiers knew i were. Im at this store at least 5 times a week and nowhere or noone had ever said theres no cash returns. How about you make that clear put up signs or train your employees to tell everyone that there is no cash returns you have lost a customer and the service was very poor.

• Bu
                        busymanager Aug 16, 2018

It states right on your receipt that we do not offer refunds, but that we will exchange unopened merchandise as long as you have the original receipt. If you didn't take your receipt, then that's too bad.

Dollar Treestraight theft

I was buying a product there was few of on the Shelf and I guess the cashier and the manager already planned on getting them the cashier even went as far as to tell me what a great deal I was getting then lo and behold it was not in my bag nor did she give me a receipt I trusted the store that's why she was able to get away with not giving me a receipt up till now you've had one person in position too long there she's got too many friends and I've seen it so many times repetitive and stores and franchise like this not only did I get stolen from I've been humiliated and that's defamation of character and slander of name and much more. When I call the store to bring it to their attention she seemed like I was crazy and went on to explain she knew all of them had been sold already I am contacting the BBB on you

Dollar Treeemployees

The only 2 employees (they where black women and we are white) in the Chelsea, AL store talked bad about my wife and I for coming in at 8:30pm and always being that "one" customer that comes in when they are closing. (they close at 9) They made racist comments saying, "it's always the white ones that can [censored] up a good night" One of the two gave us ugly looks as if we were there to ruin their night, then kept talking ugly about us. We left to avoid a confrontation. Then one of them closed the door at 8:50 when my wife was headed back in to get what she needed. She was told they where closed and could not come in but the door was unlocked for two black customers after my wife wanted to go back in. I did not appreciate their racist behavior.

• He
                            Henry87NY Jun 02, 2018

Call ciorporate office and file a complaint about this particular store. MAKE SURE to go online and look up their store number. As a matter of fact a way to get through ro coorporate easily is to leave a comment on their facebook page. I have done this and they respond. I work for dollar tree, and know that one of those employees in the store had to be the manager as there always has to be one manager on duty. The only reason they said what they said was because of projection. They know their people [censored] everything up.

Dollar Tree Milton, FLthe manager linda

I'm writing to complain about the manager Linda at the Dollar Tree in Milton Florida had employment laws for my had to have filled out to get my food stamps back and I have a 5 1/2 month pregnant daughter here and I even sent her a self-addressed stamped envelope it's got like 5 questions on it and it's been a month she ain't send it back and when I inquired about it to her manager her [censored] kissing assistant manager sends me a 1-800 number that has 16 numbers in it so I started crying and I just want to let everybody know that lady is unprofessional she's been dective she is evil and they need to get rid of her long time ago she's been complained on for several years but I guess Dollar Tree is too damn lazy to do it

Dollar Treecustomer service

Yesterday afternoon around 1:30-2, my mom went shopping at Dollar Tree located in Thousand Oaks, CA on N Moorpark Rd for supplies for my little sister's birthday today. As the cashier was ringing my mom up, the store's phone rang and the cashier picked it up and the caller was asking if a certain item was in stock. The cashier then had the phone between on her ear with the support of her shoulder and had asked the manager who was across the store at the time if they had the item in stock and the manager had said no. When the cashier went back on the phone the caller, she had told them that they no longer had the item in stock and the caller just hung up. My mom slightly nodded her head because she could not believe that the caller had hung up on the cashier. The cashier noticed my mom slightly nodding her head and told my mom, "I have a right to say please and thank you to whoever I want". My mom at the moment did not know if she was talking about the caller on the phone or directly to my mom. So her being confused she asked the cashier politely and confused, "Excuse me?" and the lady then told my mom, "you heard what I said, I'm not Mexican and you don't belong here". The cashier continuously told my mom she did not belong here. My mom right away asked for a manager and the cashier rudely told my mom, "She's right there", making my mom go find the manager. My mom then told the manager the issue and had the manager confront the cashier. The manager had asked the cashier why she had said those racial comments to my mom and the cashier just continued to repeat them. The cashier refused to apologize to mom because her excuse was, "She felt as if she didn't need to". The manager then told the cashier to close her register and the cashier continued to refuse. The manager had asked 3x for her to turn off her register light and she refused once more until the manager demanded her to close the register and to immediately gather her belongings and wait for her by their office. There surrounding my mom were witnesses who were just in as shock as my mom was and demanded something had to be done. The manager had said that this is not the first time that this cashier has had an encounter with a customer. We've been trying to get a hold of the regional manager to follow up on this incident, but no one seems to know when they'll get a hold of us. Something needs to be done. Someone please help me get closure for my mom because I have never seen her this upset in my life. No one should ever have to go through what my mom had to go through.

Dollar Treestore condition

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, I visited Store #3672, located at 3425 Centerville Highway Suite 2A Snellville, GA, [protected]. The store was so dirty, my feet were sticking to the floor. The carpet was disgusting and dirty. I complained verbally to the Manager and was told she gets complaints every day. She did not know if and when the problem was going to be resolved. I took a picture of myself in the store and decided to post my experience and picture on Facebook and Twitter to let my family and friends know about my adventure in the store. I call it an adventure because it was so dirty, I thought I was outside in the forest. The forest is cleaner than the store.
                              To be honest, I love the products that are sold in Dollar Tree. I am a long time customer and have decided not to shop at that Dollar Tree. A business that shows such blatant disrespect for its customers no longer deserves my patronage.

Dollar Treemanagement

I previously sent a complaint for 2661 Midway Rd #201, Carrollton, TX 75006 i didn't include my email. [protected]@gmail.com

I was previously sending a complaint about the manager and him being rude toward me because i was using coupons. Not knowing my situation and why i choose to start couponing. I hope he realizes that customer service is very important in the retail business. And i hope he doesn't treat another customer the same way he treated me.

• Gr
                                    greae May 30, 2018

I have a feeling that the little girl that posted this is mistaking being told no a rude.

Dollar Tree store# 4832
                                  I typically don't return things unless it was a very defective purchase. It didn't hit me how petty your staff was about exchanging some $2 readers that the lens kept falling out of from day one but I didn't have my receipt. Who keeps their Dollar Tree receipts? It didn't hit me until I thought about the last exchange I did at a larger chain without a receipt for $30 for a defective product that they knew was theirs but could no longer find the same model #. My question is how would this have put your store at an inconvenience? How much would you have lost in profit? What message does this send to your local customers? It was real petty to me and a real reflection of once again "white privileged" in America

Dollar Treehorrible customer service

This morning, I placed my hand out so that the CSR could hand me my money and receipt. The rep, Diane, pushed my hand out of the way to place my money and receipt on the counter. I then told her she was rude and should never touch a customer. I called for the manager, Carey and explained what had happened. His response was, "okay". I then asked for the corporate phone number to file a complaint. I was provided with the number [protected]. This occurred at 1354 Park St Stoughton, MA 02072. The issue is less about where she placed the money and receipt, but more about her pushing my hand and lacking the proper customer service skills to work in a position that requires friendliness. I am currently on hold to speak to someone at the number provided. I have been on hold for 30 minutes.