Having problems with Dollar Tree?

Dollar Tree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 25, 2008. The latest review Customer Service was posted on Jul 28, 2021. The latest complaint Overwhelmingly disrespectful and rude. was resolved on Apr 02, 2021. Dollar Tree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2463 reviews. Dollar Tree has resolved 91 complaints.

Dollar Tree Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree Customer Service. Initial Dollar Tree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dollar Tree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dollar Tree. Discuss the issues you have had with Dollar Tree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews, Page 71

Dollar Tree — store associate

I went to the Dollar tree with my six year old daughter while I was shopping she told me she had to use the...

Dollar Treecustomer service store manager

I will preface my complaint by letting you know i am the caretaker/guardian for my mom who has dementia who cannot be left alone so leaving my house has to be planned with an alternate caretaker. I went to the Dollar Tree in Edgewood Ky. At approximately 9pm i went to shop at this particular store. Since i dont get away very often I had lots to buy. At 945 the manager announced the store would be closing in 15 min so i was hurrying to finish up my shopping. I grabbed everything needed as fast as i could. I finished shopping and went to the register to pay and i could find nobody in the store. I was locked in. I yelled out 2 or 3 times to find out where the employees were at so i could pay. I had a whole cart full. I could hear change being counted so i yelled again and finally 2 employees came out of the office. I asked what register i could go to and im assuming the lady who was manager told me the store was closed and i was too late. It was 1002 pm i told her i did not know the store had closed because no announcement was made that the store was closing. She said oh yes i did and i said well then how did i not hear it if i heard the 945 announcement. She totally refused to let me pay for all i had in my cart. She said she couldnt ring me out because all registers were closed but it was only 1003. I said but you never announced that it was 10 and the store was closed. She said oh yes i did then said to the co worker didnt I announce we were closed and she agreed with her of course. I was ithe only customer in there and i believe she didnt make a closing announcement because she thought the store was empty. so if she had announced closing i would have gotten in line. I think there was no one else in the store and since she didnt see me she thought the store was empty. I looked at my watch and it was 1002 and she refused to let me pay for my items she told me to leave the store so needless to say i was shocked. After working in retail for many years i would never have told a customer that it was 2 minutes past closing and we were closed and i wouldnt ring up her purchases. I have never been treated so rudely by anyone in a place of business. They both need to be fired! I told them i would be reporting this incident to corporate and they just chuckled and said go ahead. I want to know what was done to address this situation.

Dollar Treenegligence

Today, May 19th 2018 around 9:30 a.m. I was at Dollar Tree and picked up a bottle of the awesome drain cleaner. The bottle I picked up was leaking and got onto my hand. This bottle clearly states that it is poison and it will be immediate burn upon contact which my skin is experiencing Burning Sensations. This product contains lye! I went to see the supervisor on duty which I think her name was Jesse or Jessica or something like that and I asked if I could run some water on my finger because it was burning because the bottle was leaking. Mind you, the bottle was in boxes that clearly said do not stack these boxes do not double stack but they were stacked all the same. Anyway, I asked to wash my hand and all I was offered was hand sanitizer which only exasperated the issue. I then asked the supervisor if I could fill out an incident report since she refused to allow me to run water on my burning finger. She refused me yet when she finally realized I was serious, she sarcastically said to me "REALLY? You want to fill out a report for some bleach on your hand?"... I replied to this very rude supervisor on duty, that it was not bleach it was Lye... it says it's poison and my finger was currently burning. I said to her either I fill out a police/ incident report or I'm going to sue if I continue to burn. She then finally, allowed me to rinse my hand but this was after a good solid six or seven minutes that this substance was sitting on my finger. I have rinsed it and yet it is still irritated. This woman was sarcastic and condescending and did not take the issue seriously at all. I have a video of the whole incident and will be monitoring my finger. This woman needs to be reprimanded for the way she handled the situation which was very unprofessional. Almost "catty".

negligence

Dollar Tree — horrible customer service dollar tree saratoga springs ny 12866

Well today was our last trip to the Dollar Store, after going in for Birthday Balloons we were told we have...

Dollar Treecustomer service

I was poor customer service today. The store is on 1909 Dauphin Island Pkway, Mobile AL.
      The line to ring up the customer was stretching down the Isles and only one register was open. The manager was told he needed to open up a register and he refused. The Manager Harold Smith was conversing with a customer and then instead of opening a new register, he went outside to talk to a different customer. The employee at the register did not acknowledge my presence or speak she had her friend standing next to her she never spoke. This was horrible and I am contemplating not going back.

Chandra Smith
      [protected] or 1897

Dollar Tree — brand-name cut - glass goblets, 12oz.

I bought " Brand-name cut- Glass Goblets, 12oz." Four of them were delivered but when I opened the box they...

Dollar Tree — how nasty the store is

I visit the dollar tree at 2034 metropolitan Pkwy sw atl ga 30315 regularly and I have to tell you I won't be...

Dollar Tree — incomplete order ec4193927

Re: LaJunta, Co store. 4/10/18 I ordered 8 cases of Cafe Al Fresco. 4/18/18, VISA paid $49.44. However, I wa...

Dollar Treeunprofessional/attitude

Yesterday evening, around six pm, my mother and I went to your Dollar Tree (6725 Clinton Highway #101, Knoxville, TN, 37912).When we went to check out...there were two employees up front, both dealing with customers. The open register lights were lit on both lanes. As we were coming up, one was being rude. I couldn't hear what she said, being too far, but could hear the tone.
        We walked up to the register, but even though the open light was on, she told me she wasn't open. I said 'oh, ok, sorry I didn't know' and pointed at the light. She snapped at me' CLOSED!'
        As I start turning the cart around she suddenly says 'hey you can't take that!'to a customer in the next lane. Mom and I turn around (hearing that, I thought shoplifter?)..and as we turn to see what this woman was going off about, she says 'You can't have those bags they are $40 a box.' The man has ONE in his hand. ONE shopping bag.
        He says it's was just one - obviously true.
        She responds with she (other cashier) already double bagged your stuff, when she shouldn't have, so give that bag back, too expensive, he couldn't have it.
        He gives the bag to his cashier...who was in shock. We all were...there were 5 other customers standing up at registers waiting to check out. He then looked at the woman and told her that Dollar Tree has lost a customer due to this.
        Her response: Good!
        She was horribly rude and nasty.
        The man was polite the entire exchange, even apologizing to his cashier about it (with the way that woman was about it especially with the double bagged items comment, we all think she was probably going to be in trouble from that).
        Yes, trouble, that's right...this woman is management!
        Is THIS what you want representing your company?
        The name on her uniform is Alvena.
        If I had EVER treated a customer in that manner I would have been immediately terminated...and later, when I became management myself, I fired people on the spot for it.

Dollar Treestore appearance

On May 15 2018 I Visited the #5774 store in the Bronx New York. I was with my daughter in the stroller and they had three aisles blocked with boxes, and the other aisle had boxes all over them. I had to push some boxes out of the way so I can be able to pass through. I worked retail a few years ago and we were told to always make sure to "never leave boxes in the aisles. If you do not have time to put out the merchandise dont bring out the boxes to the selling floor." I think this should apply there too. That is unacceptable.

Dollar Tree — unsanitary bathroom sink with rotted faucet

Store 1782 mckinley parkway buffalo ny I couldn't believe the eroded rotten faucet on sink. i tried to wash...

Dollar Treeonline ordering

Hello my name is theadora kelly and I resently on saturday tried submitting an online order of $90.67. I got no order confirmation but the money was taken off of my card.. Can you please contact me on this number [protected] of this email [protected]@msn.com on the order confirmation or m refund please. I have been trying to call for days and have gotten no answer.

Dollar Treelocal stores

When I complained of the temp in BOTH local stores, I was told they do not control the thermostat. It is far too hot to have an enjoyable shopping experience. This needs to be addressed. The employees looked like they were roasting! They were all flushed and sweaty. Other customers were visibly uncomfortable with the heat of the store. You will lose customers and employees if you don't do something about the store temps!! Completely unnecessary.

Dollar Treestore conditions, customer service

Store 1108 in Denton tax has gone from a once nice store to one that looks like it's been abandoned and has gone out of business.
                Shelves empty or half empty, what product is there, looks like it hasn't been cleaned up in months. Thee are
                carts and boxes of trash sitting in several places, the same ones that were sitting there 3 days ago when I was there.
                Today there was only one cashier,
                The line was 8 people deep. The cashier asked a woman named Hailey
                for back up. She came out from office, looked at line, and instead of getting on register to take care of the customers, she stated that she'd go "find" her help and went to the back.
                During my time there, I only saw the very slow cashier, Charlene and one lady that was working hard stocking.
                I am appalled at the condition of the store, as I know how nice it's been in the past. I am a longtime customer and have watched several managers come and go. I've only seen one manager that's been on top of that store. Sadly she's retired. This new batch of managers and crew, are the worse yet. They have no drive, no respect for the gift they've been given in that store and the worse customer service I've ever seen.
                I will no longer shop at this store.
                This store should be closed or cut down in size if this crew is to manage it . They can't or won't handle it.

store conditions, customer service

Dollar Treei'm complaining about the manager

I was shopping at Dollar tree on Friday May 11th. When I arrived at the register couldn't set the key pad with out my glass, so I made that statement and the cashier stated that's not my problem!!! I had four items that totaled 4.17 cent. I used my ebt card for two items after that transaction the cashier stated you still owe me 2.17. I had my wife's debit card which i use quite often for a lot more than 2.17!!! My wife name is Ethel. When I put the card in the card reader the cashier stated out loud you are not Ethel and put her hand over screen and said quickly what is Ethel's last name, if you can't tell me her last name I will HAVE to cancel this transaction!!! She hand 5 customers behind me and the cashier and the other customers were white!!! I was the only black person in the store. I call the store after I got home to give my complaint to the manager and found out she was the RUDE Cashier!!! I don't know her name, but she was the manager at 3141 Broadway Blvd Garland, Tx phone [protected].

• Updated by Mrtee · May 14, 2018

Can someone please contact me about this matter!!! [protected]

Dollar Tree — being cursed out and refused service by dollar tree employee

It was May 12, 2018 around 8:15 pm. I was in line waiting to pay for 5 balloons. It came to my turn and the...

Dollar Treeemployee

Dollar Tree Northeast Plaza, Atlanta Georgia, May 14, 2018, 08:07 AM

At 8:02 AM, Monday, May 14, 2018 I pulled on the door of the Dollar Tree and the door was locked and employee (Ericka) came out of the an office and said "Give us one minute" with attitude. As if I was wrong for pulling on the door when the store should have been open for business. There were 3 customers in total waiting outside. At 8:07 AM, Ericka unlocked the door and walked to the register. No apology for their tardiness or a greeting. I approached Ericka and read her name tag and said "Ericka, thank you". Her response to me was " No Good Morning" and repeated to me and her co worker Ericka thank you no Good Morning. She expected a greeting from me and she greeted us with unlocking the door and walking away without an apology. Is this the face of your company? Is this how you want to be represented? I hope not. I do not visit this store every day, every week or every month, but when I do shop in this store the customer service has been phenomenal. This was the first time in the many years I have worked and lived in this area that I have experienced this type of customer service at this store. If I didn't immediately need the item I purchased I would have gone to another store.

Dollar Treeemployee

I forgot which location but I was in the Vegas area around the airport. This woman christina was so rude. I dont appreciate her tone nor demeanor. Such a terrible experience, this is why I dont like shopping here, just hiring awful people. I love the prices and the quality isn't bad but as a customer I believe I should be treated with respect and not a horrendous attitude like hers.

Dollar Treecustomer service

This is a New Dollar tree that just opened on Ford Rd. And Schaefer in Dearborn Michigan. At first it was Great because Anthony(the mgr of the D.T. down the street was there making everything run smoothly. But now that he's gone back to his reg store the Women that work there don't want to work and it take for ever to get service and even check out. I love my Dollar Tree but I've Never experienced a D.T. where they didn't even want to help you so I Had to Speak My Mind!- Thanks!-Chris in Dearborn Michigan.

Dollar Treemanager

The manager is rude and disrespectful. She talked to costumers as if we are dirt. This lady has been seen yelling at her employees calling them [censored]es and wet backs. This is not right. I am a costumer I went into her line she told me I look [censored]y I told her I feel it she then said better take that out of my store. She threw my change on the counter and walked off. As I'm leaving I said that was alittle uncalled for as I leave the store she followed me outside where she then said she would kick my butt. I don't understand what type of business this is but I'm sure mananagers are not supposed to act this way.