Having problems with Dollar Tree?

Dollar Tree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 25, 2008. The latest review Service was posted on Sep 23, 2021. The latest complaint Overwhelmingly disrespectful and rude. was resolved on Apr 02, 2021. Dollar Tree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2494 reviews. Dollar Tree has resolved 91 complaints.

Dollar Tree Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree Customer Service. Initial Dollar Tree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dollar Tree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dollar Tree. Discuss the issues you have had with Dollar Tree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews, Page 74

Dollar Treecustomer service

Cld Dollar Tree located at
16610 So Western Ave., Gardena CA on May 3rd, 2018 and May 8th, 2018, regarding glasses left on counter on May 3, 2018. Spoke with Store Manager Brandi, whom stated no one turn in sunglasses. I inquired about their surveillance cameras and whether they are on the cashier area? She replied yes. I asked if the tape could be played back, she advised no. I asked if law enforcement accompany me could the tape be viewed? She replied, even with law enforcement the tape can only be ran by receiving corporate approval. I asked for corporate info she said she would contact them. Advised, Brandi/Brittany I rather contact Corp myself sense the issue concerning my glasses was of no importance to her and furthermore, the glasses were taken by the customer. There was no other customer behind me when I inadvertently laid my glasses on the counter. Informed her the Glasses are expenses and cost over $400 (Gucci)
I explained the glasses have sentimental value to me. They were a gift from my now deceased mother.

CorporateOffice-
Dollar Tree, Inc
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake
Virginia
United States - [protected]

Dollar Treecashier

This is my next attempt as for my 3 calls to the complaint line have not been answered. I'm am mortified at the behavior of the cashier Patricia at the Alvin hwy 6 location. It was unacceptable and unnecessary and quite frankly frightening... The cashier was extremely rude and loud. . She confronted me and my daughter as we were waiting for a manager to return from seeing if she could locate an item at another store... I asked her to simply not speak to me and she began to get louder... Manager returned and sent Patricia on break... I checked out and went to my car... PATRICIA FOLLOWED! walked right next to my window bent down and creepily smiled and waved... Mortified is an understatement! This is an employee of Dollar Tree who actually stalked me to my vehicle... If someone doesn't do something asap about this incident, a web complaint and a few messages on the complaint line is nothing compared to me contacting an attorney and / or the police in regards to this woman!

Dollar Treecustomer service

I visited your store tonight, Tuesday May 8, 2018 in Bainbridge, Georgia. Although it was closing the doors was still unlock, merchandise still outside on the sidewalk and a customer inside the store being checked out ; as I enter the store The manager stated the store was closed - I acknowledged that it was time to closed, but your still open. Your doors not lock and there is someone being checked out, and you still have merchandise outside that have not been brought in to the store. He mumble and said HUH. And turned around and told the cashier not to ring me up; after I heard what he had said I went to the counter and asked her twice did he tell her not to ring me up, she stated yes he said not to ring me up. They were closed . I stated to her that she were still cashing out a Customer and the door wasn't lock and you all still have merchandise out side. I then asked her what time did the store open in the morning. Neither wass sure of the time. I stated to her that the time of opening didn't matter because I doudt I ever come in the store again. I felt a sense of being discriminated againstl: And really thinking about calling my Attorney in the morning.

Of all the retail /Customer Service I have worked and training given, this was the first I have ever experienced in being denied service to an Customer if that customer entered into a store regardless if the store was open or closed. Your managers and staff in Bainbridge surely need training before left unattended in growing enterprise as your company, the Dollar Tree.

Dollar Treebad management

I am an employee and a manager who was working but not the manager on duty decided to write me up because i was doing my job. This is not good management something needs to be done now. this particular manager writes up employees because he can. Also the store I work at is always short staffed forcing employees to work past their scheduled shift or do other tasks then what they were told they were going to be doing. If any employee says anything we are told my the manager that writes everybody up that we have to what we are told or get wrote up. I have worked multiple days where i didn't get a break and according to policy every employee is entitled to one fifteen minute break per shift.

Dollar Tree — room for improvement with staff engagement

Hi - I was in your store today May 7 at around 3:30p.m. (store #2080) and Patricia who was at the check out...

Dollar Treethe manager, rose is extremely rude!

On Monday, May 7th around 7:00 pm I went to return one unused item (a Birthday sash that is only sold at Dollar Tree) that I had purchased on May 2nd from the Dollar Tree store on Jericho Tpk in Commack, NY. I wanted to return the item, but was told by the cashier that I could only make an exchange, which I was fine with. However, This employee, Rose, who I think is a manager was very rude and refused to let me just exchange the one item. I asked her if Dollar Tree would think it was worth her giving a loyal customer a hard time over $1, and she said she didn't care. I am shocked and disappointed and I do not think you would approve of your employees treating your customers this way.

Dollar Tree — paintsville kentucky store

The store manager I believe to be Sonya is rude and very unprofessional she talks down to her employees and...

Dollar Treecashier

The cashier Chanel, at the #1794 dollar tree is rude. She did not greet me and seemed to have an attitude as she proceeded to ring me out. I felt unwelcome and appalled. If that is how Dollar Tree employees treat their customers than I most certainly do not intend to shop there ever again. What kind of store would employ such rude and bad mannered employees?

Dollar Tree — store manager complaint

My name is Jesse James Kirkpatrick Store#710 District Manager is Tyler and My Store Manager Is Jim...

Dollar Treeservice I received today was very nasty

I walked in to the dollar tree in south ozone park in queens. Like I do every day I say hello get my things and leave feeling sorry for this employee that is always pleasant she say good morning yes ma'am no ma'am very respectful
              But the young manger always seems to talk to this women as if she's a child I even over heard her call the women a [censored] and laugh at it as if it was a joke on another occasion I came in to hear the same manager ask the young man are you dumb get your life together. There is a lot of customers that feel like that manager should not have a job at dollar tree she rude and disrespectful not only to the employees but to customers even when she's on the register I would have to stop coming to this location until the service is improved or this manager is disciplined

Dollar Treeemployee’s poor customer service, bad attitude, poor customer engagement, misuse of power

Unfortunately I had a negative experience on 5/3/18 at approximately 8:34pm at store # 1239 with office manager, Corrina. Corrina was standing at a register I asked her if they were the only two working she said, "yes." I then asked if she was planning on opening another line because there were approximately 10 people in line waiting to be checked out. Corrina's back was towards me during the entire conversation she did not turn around and acknowledge me she said rudely "hold on I'm doing something." I then asked her for corporates phone number she said "it will be on your receipt" as she walked away. I said I prefer she gave me the phone number in the event I did not want to stand in line for a long duration of time. She then walked over to a different register summonings the next customer to her line. I again asked her for corporates phone number she stated "I'm helping a customer right now." I proceeded to asked the other employee working what her coworkers name was because she did not have on an employee badge. I was told that both employees names were Corrina and they have the same last name. The difference between the two is the Corrina I encountered the incident with is the office manager. I then got in the shortest line which happen to be office manager Corrina's line. When I got up to the register she said, "I'm refusing to help you because you are complaining about me you can go get in her line." I told her I was not complaining about her but I will make a complaint to corporate because of her bad customer service, misuse of power and her rude demeanor. I then went and stood in the other line. I am disappointed in the way she handled this situation I feel she would benefit from more customer service training. In our day and age people have mental health issues and aggressive behavior that could easily affect how they handle a hostile situation such as I encountered with Corrina. Fortunately, I am not that type of person but as a social worker I frequently work with that population. This could have easily escalated into a different scenario. Corrina's poor customer engagement, refusal to provide corporates phone number, refusal to check me out, rude behavior caused me to have a negative shopping experience at Dollar tree. I hope this is addressed so it does not happen to anyone else.

Dollar Treecashier

I went into your store on Camp Bowie I was checked out by Rich whom said he was the management but all in all he lied to because he had to call the store manager. I went to make a purchase for a sticker I did not want so I could pay the dollar fee for cash back to loan a friend. I asked Rich of I could pay the dollar fee with cash and pay for the sticker with my debit card. He said yes then took my dollar and applied it to the sticker I did not want. Then told me I had to pay with the card after he already took my cash. He refused to void the transaction and redo. When he called the manager he straight up lied to him. I don't normally shop at that location because I live in Azle and I spend a lot of cash in that store every payday. I am contemplating never going to make another purchase at dollar tree again. Besides y'all dont give cash refund with receipt for items purchased. I will contact the BBB also if this not resolve to my satisfaction

Dollar Tree — unethical behaviour

Employee Mary Southern (Colwell) is a dangerous person. She's been fired from multiple businesses for not...

Dollar Treecashier

I came into the store and Dunnellon on May 2nd I approach to young lady at a register which was African-American I asked her if she was open and she said no sir step over there and the young man will be with you in a moment mean while as I was waiting at the register for the young man to come up and ring me up2 other African American families approached the young lady and she took care of them now I don't know if this is discrimination thing or because I'm an older gentleman but I've been shopping at the Dollar Tree in Dunnellon since the doors open I thought she was a very unprofessional young lady and I hope you take this matter seriously thank you

• Do
                        Dorothy Rogers May 08, 2018

I'm also a senior lady and had a bad experience if I'm thinking it's the same young lady that you're talking about she seems to always be on her cell phone or talking with some other African Americans in the store and not giving us the time of day the manager needs to address this young lady and I hope they take these complaints seriously

Dollar Treebuggy

Not being about to use a buggy without out paying for it makes me not spend as much money. At least have like Aldi store does and reimburse you back the 25 cents when you return the buggy so we can get our items to the car. I have 4 kids and would love to purchase more than a hand full of items and leave. This is in Phenix city, Alabama dollar tree!

Dollar Treemanager and employees

There is a relationship going on between one of the managers and employees at this store in Doniphan. I have seen them kissing in the parking lot and are all the time coming and going together! It seems that the nights they work together not much is getting done! I have notice they both seem to be on some kind of drugs. It's sad was one of my favorite stores and now I will only go in the store in the mornings.

• The manager at the Dollar General store in Doniphan, Mo. really needs to be fired. She is not only a mean, hateful person but she does not keep the store clean. Also, most of the time there is only one lane to check out of when there is 12 people waiting. There was 2 teenage kids that got kicked out because she thought they were trashing what she said was her store when in fact they were just being courteous by picking up trash from the floor. She yells at kids and adults. She needed to be fired ever since she got hired. Hopefully this will be seen and something gets done a.s.a.p!!

• Cu
                            Customer9999 Jun 11, 2018

I think there is something going on between the store manager and a female employee in Doniphan cause I over heard the female employee say that the store manager paid for her to get in her place and furnished it for her and now I hear the other employees complain that the female employee is getting more hour than anyone so if the store manager is going to do that I'm going to start going to the store in Poplar Bluff

Dollar Tree — service. I am complaining about the staff and overall filth of our local store

I live in Bel Aire Kansas and often frequent the Dollar Tree located at 6505 E 37th St N. Tonight I stopped...

Dollar Treeemployee needs to be fired and others trained better

I wrote my complaint on April 30, 2018 about a Dollar Tree manger embarrassing and humiliating me in store #106 on Forest Lane in Dallas, Texas. No one has contacted me in anyway like the manger contacted the police an was falesly accessing me of stealing. Yo resolve anything but I see on my post it says RESOLVED WHEN, WITH WHOM, AND WHERE WAS I WHEN IT HAPPEN. EVERYONE ONE HERE CALL A LAWYER AND SEE WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE. DOLLAR TREE DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. JUST THEIR CUSTOMERS MONEY.. MALINDA HARFIELD APIRL 2 2018

Dollar Treeservice and professionalism

Went into store #412, Jonesboro, Ga, on May 1, 2018. The cashier(which may have been the lead cashier or floor manager) was rudely talking to her customer about her nagging children. After the sale, the cashier went to blow up the balloons as the customer had purchased and told the customer to walk to her to get the balloons because her feet were hurting. While this was going on, I waited in line with the only lane open with four other people waiting to be served, as this same cashier rants about the prior customer needing to control her children and how she was so glad that they left. She went on to entertain another cashier(appears to be doing shift change) causing that cashier to slow the process of logging in to serve customers and decrease the wait in line. A customer asked if they were going to open another register as she witnessed the two cashiers talking nonchalantly, and they both replied with a rude tone and high pitch voice, "NO." Once I finally was served and checked-out I directed my comment to the two off task employees and informed them of their unprofessional behavior and that if service was not render within the next few minutes that they were to be reported. Both ladies responded disrespectfully that they were just changing shifts and how they didn't care what I had to say or who I needed to call.

Dollar Tree in Ridgecrest California on China Lake BoulevardI went in with my job application seeking the hiring manager

I was told by the manager at the Dollar Tree that they were hiring the very next week I go in with an application to submit I approached one gentleman and he directed me to go to an office and told me to knock on that door there as I was walking towards the door another employee female she tells me that they do not hire there that I would have to be on unemployment in order to apply for any position at the Dollar Tree I know that can't be right because my neighbor's son who applied for the job was not receiving unemployment he just walked in and his application to the manager and got hired the next day I don't know if me being African-American has anything to do with her but she was a Caucasian lady and I sure do feel that way