Having problems with Discount Tire?

Discount Tire reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 22, 2009. The latest review Broken Lugs not customers fault was posted on Jul 22, 2021. The latest complaint oil change and filter was resolved on Oct 29, 2019. Discount Tire has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 67 reviews. Discount Tire has resolved 8 complaints.

Discount Tire Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 589 6789 (Customer Service)
24350 N. 20th Dr., Building C, Suite 134
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Discount Tire Customer Service. Initial Discount Tire complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Discount Tire above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Discount Tire. Discuss the issues you have had with Discount Tire and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Discount Tire Complaints & Reviews

Discount TireBroken Lugs not customers fault

Broken Lugs (2008 Honda CR-V) - Daughter had a flat so I installed the spare, by hand...without power tools.
Employees broke a lug trying to remove the spare tire, stating it was cross-threaded. They called to inform her of the broken lug and to ask to move forward. They broke a second lug and referred her to Cinco Auto Care to repair at a cost to my daughter!!
Apparently, since she gave them permission to continue they are no longer at fault. Of course, they do not tell her this until after the 2 broken lugs!!! Are they not the experts that tire installers and broken lugs are part of the tire installing business!? $235.00 later!

Discount TireSelling certificates without explanation

I recently bought 4 new tires for a leased Range Rover sport that I was getting ready to turn back in. The old tires were worn and it was cheaper to get them at a retail location like Discount Tire than it was at the dealer.

When I was given my receipt, I had a charge for 4 certificates totaling over $200. I asked your salesman about it and he then explained what it was. I was upset that he didn't explain it before charging me and he said he did. He absolutely did not. I bought tire and rim insurance from the dealer 3 years earlier when I leased the vehicle AND I was turning the vehicle back in soon. Why would I have ever bought it?!?!?

I wrote it off to one salesman before young. Then, I returned today to have one tire put on an older car. Exact thing happened. I was given a final total and didn't see the certificate charge again until I was handed the receipt which is generated after swiping my credit card. He too said he believes he told me about it. I sternly told him he never did.

It happened exactly the same way twice. This clearly is your business practice. Let the certificates charge blend in with the other add ons in a tire install receipt. This is shady as hell!!!

I will be reporting this practice to the every agency I can think of. Just an awful way to do business.

Selling certificates without explanation

Jun 05, 2021

Discount Tire — California state mask policy

I was at the san marcos discount tire on grand today and they are not enforcing the california mandated mask...

Discount Tireunethical behaviour by two of your employees

I'm complainting about the customer service I didnt recieved. On April 21, 2021 at 8:45am I pulled up to your Free Air service at your location 4950 North Fwy location.. there were about 8 guys just standing around talking to each other. Only two employees were working on a black pickup possibly a silverado, the only vehicle in the stalls.. I sat in my car for over 7min and then decided to get out to see if someone could take a moment to check my two front tires.. One employee told me he will get one and continue back working on the pickup again I waited 3 more minute no one came so I went into the store and talk with a assist manager and told him I been waiting over 7minute no one came out to assist me, he told me he will get someone as I was walked back to my car and saw he had no intentions of helping me he continue working on the computer..I decided to leave and I told one of young employee that I was going to complaint and he said to me (Ok that's find) unbelievable and unexceptable.
      If you check under my name you will find I have purchased within the last 15 years I have bought 3 sets of 4 tires for both of my cars and within the next two weeks I was going to purchase two front tires.if this was a Satuarday I could understand the wait.
      I felt disrespected and ignored, Those two employees assume by being a black woman and I wasn't buying anything I was Ding not important they completely wrote me off. I can't believe the behavior especailly a asst. manage. This is supposed to be a christan based business. No one should be working with the public with a stinking ignorant conduct, this should not be tolerated.
      I will not purchase anything else from Discount Tire and I will be filing with the BBB this is how hurtful my experience was.
      In this day and time we don't need the ingnorant hateful stinking attitude toward certain races of people.

sign : Joyce Tucker
      Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Discount TireAccident by there employee

On 3/23/21My car was hit while an employee at discount tire was driving my car.. in that time the manager said it was the customer who hit me was at fault
        and I had to go after him and in trying to resolve the issue for at least 4 days finally jose @ discount tires insurance called and had my car fixed .. However the front left headlight had to be replaced and now it does not match the right side i asked jose to have that replaced he proceded to say that my ins would not agree my ins has nothing to do with this I asked him to contact the store and have them pay and he has not responded I would not have this if the employee would not have let this happen wheter it be his fault or there customer who is denying the hit said it was employee fault I was not present
        please get this resloved
        Bernadette Rocha [protected] [protected]@hotmail.com
        Adjuster discount tire jose
        [protected] claim # [protected]

Feb 21, 2021

Discount Tire — Rude employee.

On Saturday February 20, 2021, I went to the Discount Tire located at 6306 82nd St Lubbock, TX 79424. I had a...

Dec 22, 2020

Discount Tire — Service

I seem to have problem every time I have follow up service, first I caught them replacing only 3 tire sensor...

Dec 14, 2020

Discount Tire — Broken lugs on vehicle

My name is Tonica Allen and I'm complaining about unacceptable and inexcusable service at Store 83 in...

Nov 13, 2020

Discount Tires — This is the worst group and experience

Talked into buying Bridgestone htl 275/60r20 on 11/6/2020. Reported horrible bounce and vibration 11/10/2020...

Nov 01, 2020

Discount Tire — Flat tire repair

I went to discount tire for a flat tire saying it had a slow leak to get it repaired since it had been...

Sep 19, 2020

Discount Tire — Flat

Went in and asked how much to fix a tire leak.. They said free. I set an appointment for next day.. Got to my...

Jul 28, 2020

Discount Tire — Manager

Var03 Manager Eric Midbon he cant do his job blames bad bay times on workers does not pay attention most of...

May 04, 2020

Discount Tire — Broken tie rod

I drove my car into discount tire on 5/4/2020 around 8am with my doughnut tire on because I needed a new tire...

Jan 24, 2020

Discount Tire — management

I have been doing business at this location for 20+ year's. There has recently been a management change...

Jan 21, 2020

Discount Tire — cooper all terrain tires invoice #1024155

When I took my truck in today for a balance/rotation, I told the rep I was dissatisfied with the way the...

Discount Tirebad tires

I purchase a set of tires August 2019. I immediately notice how bad my car was driving after the install but figured that it would even itself out after I put a few miles on it and plus I was pressed for time. I have had to revisit discount at least three times in the past two months each time they refuse to drive it and see that it drives bumpy and just say that the the tires are cheap so its going to drive crappy. Why is a reputable company selling cheap tires that will make someone's car feel like airplane turbulence? Babies and Elders can not even ride in my car because it is too painful for them. They expect me to buy new tires when these are only 3 months old. Never buying from discount again

Discount Tireorder was never processed because I refused the certificate

I ordered 4 tires yesterday order number [protected] and today I recieved a message saying I had to call because they were unable to process my order. I called was able to sort it all out until the end when the person I was talking to kept pressuring me into buying a certificate for the tires. I told him no multiple times and that I only wanted the tires and after a while he finally said ok and changed up. My order was never processed after that simply because I refused the certificate.

Nov 26, 2019

Discount Tire — new tires / tpms broke sensor now inside new tire

On Nov 8th, I got 4 new tires from... TPMS appeared on dashboard... stopped at Discount Tire Center...

Nov 16, 2019

Discount Tire — winter tires

Came into the store, asked to purchase two winter tires for the rear. The cashier/ salesman wanted me to buy...

Discount Tireoptimo tires

I purchased hankook tires from our lebanon tn store. They are nice tires but they do not meet the gvwr that I need. They are p rated, and I need a lt tire. They have 2112 miles on them currently. I have had zero success at getting a good solid answer on what can be done to swap them back for the heavier load range tires I need.
              Walter Jones