Having problems with CarId?

CarId Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarId Customer Service. Initial CarId complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarId above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarId. Discuss the issues you have had with CarId and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

E
Nov 23, 2020

Carid — Everything

I purchased rims and tires before I even placed the order I called to insure fitment plus their site also...

J
Oct 13, 2020

Carid — Wiring harness for a trailer hitch

I ordered two items from CARID: A Trailer Hitch and the Wiring harness for my Nissan Pathfinder. The hitch...

J
Jun 29, 2020

Carid — Chrome water pump

Ordered an item (chrome water pump for 1978 ford t-bird 351 modified) from them & it arrived promptly as they...

S
May 15, 2020

Carid — Missing hardware for truck rack

On May 3 2019 I ordered the Rola Haul Your Might (59799) truck bed rack for my kayaks. I had a very busy...

P
Dec 23, 2019

Carid — Warranty claims

Called on dec 16, 2019 explained that rotors are no good and the steering wheel is shaking during breaking. I...

D
Dec 20, 2019

Carid — Rims and lugs

I ordered 4 rims and lugs. They sent wrong lugs but how was I to know until after the tire shop said they...

CaridWindow motor

my name is Elijah i called on thursday because your website advertized 25% off entire store for black friday the motor which has been 99.54 for 3 months was not discounted nothing on your website and the rep allison was rude and when i disagreed with her she said i was getting aggrivate and loud, your staff has not a compassionate or polite way to do business your company puts ou false advertsement to get people to buy and then deny them the sales price or a disclaimer shame on your company and complained to bbb on your business practices and complained on internet to sites of your bate and switch, i want th24.89 credit for 99, 54 purchase on [protected] not an option do the right thing or be blasted with negative outcomes on social media

CaridBed liner

Updated:
    I was in the market for a bed liner to put on my 2016 GMC Sierra. I put in my vehicles information and the recommended bed liner popped up. This bed liner did not have any options for bed size but I figured since the site pulled it up based on my truck, I should be fine. The liner got delivered today and was a foot short. When I called the "customer service" (the operator clearly did not care about my issue), I was informed I'd have to pay $230 to send back the wrong one I received and to get the new one. THIS IS $20 MORE THAN I WAS CHARGED FOR THE FIRST LINER! Now I'm screwed with a liner that doesn't fit and I refuse to spend more money with this company. Avoid like the plague.

Update: I thought things would get better. But this company is charging me $162 to ship back the wrong part. I ordered the new liner and it arrived damaged today and I refused the delivery. Instead of dealing with the shipping company and sending me a new liner, this horrible company is having me handle it. At an undetermined time, I may or may not get the right part. I'm now out $500 for a $120 piece of plastic. The customer service has gotten worse and the supervisor I talked to this evening was horrible and condescending. This site is a black hole for your money with all the customer service of a squirrel. I will do my very best to make sure no one uses this site. They are simply thieves.

CaridMrs ha0890

They advertised a part for my car, i bought it and took it to my mechanic to install. Guess what...doesn't fit. Wrong info on their website states that it fits my 2019 CRV. Digging a bit, the manufacturer website shows that it doesn't fit...they don't even make this part for my car. CARID has SO VERY GENEROUSLY offered me a $50 gift card towards future purchases but refuses to refund the $600 in mechanics charges for install/remove/reinstall original parts. Their response "guess you'll have to take it to court"...yes, really

• Mc
          mcap1982 Oct 31, 2019

I had the same experience. They sent me the wrong part for my 1997 CRV. It did damage to my transmission and my wheels. Customer service just blew us off.

CaridWheels and tires

I have had the absolute worst experience with this company, I ordered so pro comp wheels for my son's 4runner, as well as new set of tires. I get them in but only received 1 center cap, it then took another week for the other 3 center caps to arrive. When they came in I went to a dealership to have them installed, the dealership said they could not get the wheels and tires balanced correctly. They said the wheels were out of round. I contacted Carid and told them what was going on, sent a video of the wheel on the machine, a balance report, and a run out report that they requested. In the mean time I ordered replacement wheels from them so I could go ahead and get the new tires on the truck which I had to pay for out of pocket so on top of thE $550 I spent for the first set I have another $650 in the new wheels. A few days later I received 3 of the wheels, 1 of them was the wrong wheel, so now I have to buy another wheel so they can go ahead a ship the correct one because they messed up. So the 4th wheel came the next day then had to wait another few days for the correct wheel to be shipped out on my dime! Now I cannot get anyone to get me an update on where returning the original wheels that were out of round is at..long story short, after spending thousands of dollars with this company over years, I will never again order anything from them..not even a valve stem cap!

CaridPower stop brake set 2015 hyundai elantra

They are total scam artists. They will sale a product that says in stock. Just to ship late, blame it on the manufacturer. Then, you get to wait til its supposed to ship just to get an email saying it doesnt. Then when you complain, they will send you a small little gift certificate that idk even is real. Then you will get an email from Crapid oh sorry CARid and state that you Need to pay a ridiculous shipping price to the manufacturer to have it shipped. So... You pay for a product, that isnt really there. To get charged for a product you never really got, just to wonder if it even ever really existed. Stay away from CARiD. They are scammers. Ive heard alot of the same thing going on. They figure if you really need it they can con you out of more than its worth. Bad customer service. Bad business. ill be reporting all of this in. And I hope their business suffer, for they make the customer suffer. Bye CRAPiD oh I mean CARiD. Wont use you scammers again. I bought through CARiD not the manufacturer. And btw they won't give any so called manufacturer info out, but... They sure blame every last problem on this so called manufacturer. Stay away go somewhere else and get parts.

CaridBosch rotors

I went to the CARID website to order some rear brake rotors and rear brake pads for a 2014 Forester. Basically it was self service order that gave you different ordering options just like any other parts ordering system online. It ask for the year the model and the submodel. I entered everything as specific as possible including the engine size since there are different models. From my experience ordering these parts it usually will give you the correct fitment based on the information you entered.
            I installed the parts and noticed it was slightly larger than the stock but I told my self this will probably fit because I entered everything correctly.
            I called the call center and requested a return and they said because I already installed it on the vehicle I would not be able to return it. I explained that the rotor is too big and would probably scrape. Basically they told me I am out of luck because I already installed it.
            I removed the rotors because they do not fit right and they were asking for picture to prove that it doesn't fit. I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude. I believe her name was Nina? So basically she tells me that because I selected the bigger rotor I am out of luck. I don't believe this person should be working in customer service because she doesn't know how to speak to customers. Very dismissive and no customer service skills whatsoever.

CaridWheel bolts

I paid almost 20$ to have these shipped and as of 3 days they still are not shipped the manager Nina I spoke with is very rude and could not speak with anyone else therefore my issue still unresolved as to they don't know where my package is either !!!
              I am requesting a call back on this matter [protected]
              My name Deborah Ing I was told I would get these on the 3 rd and they haven't shipped or have a tracking number ridiculous

CaridReturns

DONT DEAL WITH CARID
                I purchased auto vent shades part# 194675 and installed as per mfg. instructions. when rolling up windows they binded and one visor broke. I removed all four as two others were binding as well. I filed a claim to have them replaced and received an email stating they needed a video of them installed on vehicle. THEY WERE REMOVED SO I COULD SECURE VEHICLE!! I called and was told that I am out of luck. This will definitely be my last order with this RIPOFF COMPANY!! order #[protected]

R
                  Aug 30, 2019

Carid — Shipping handling and core refund for transfer case

Good Day, I am a military service member and don't have the time to be dealing with this . I purchased a...

Carid.com2018 nissan rogue seat covers

Ordered seat covers for my 2018 Nissan Rogue on 7/20/19. I wish I had read reviews before doing business with this company. Here it is 8/28/19 and I'm still waiting for them to honor their word. They had me send pictures of them not fitting twice, questioning my integrity, they are way too small. They have told me three times now, weeks apart, that they will be sending me return labels via email. Still nothing! I've had to initiate all conversation only to be told to wait another 24-48 hours. This isn't a honest or professional way to do business. I've been trying to chat with them only to be cut off/disconnected.

CaridSpyder halo projector headlights

I ordered the Spyder halo projector headlights on 7/17/19. The price was $288.15. $317.74 with shipping. I received The headlights on 7/23/19 and I installed them. I am A ASE certified mechanic. The left headlight worked correctly, the right headlight did not. These headlights are suppose to have a Warranty. I'm fact I called Before I ordered and was assured there was a replacement warranty for 1 year. These headlights did not work from day one. CARID will not replace the headlights, they will not refund my money. They're fix is to have spyder send me "the parts" to fix these brand new headlights myself... ie. New inverter and bulb "to see if this fixes the issue". I bought this product under the impression as advertised - that they would work and if not they would be replaced". I paid And all I have is a faulty headlight... I've called carid numerous times.. they still have not sent the"parts"for me to"fix" these headlights.. again I'm out $317.74 and have no working product, no refund, no replacement, no parts to fix.

Spyder halo projector headlights
                    Spyder halo projector headlights

CaridWeathertech in channel wind deflectors

Contacted CARId regarding the issue several times to try and resolve. The product broke during installation. Two different installers had the same problem. The manufacturer instructions were followed to the letter. When the windows were closed per instructions, flanges broke on both deflectors. I offered to return the broken parts and the uninstalled rear deflectors. They refused a warranty replacement, but offered a $20 refund. I plead my case further and they retracted the refund offer leaving me with nothing but expensive broken parts. The determination was made by the manufacturer that this was an installation error, but it is not the case. They did not witness the installation and have no grounds to make this determination other than conjecture. It is a convenient out for them to not honor their warranty. I have never felt more ripped off than having dealt with this company.

Weathertech in channel wind deflectors

Caridsku: [protected] axe® - ex20 gloss black with machined barrel (19"x 9.5", 5x108-120.65 bolt pattern, 72.6mm hub)

I contacted carid on 11/26/2108 about buying 4 Axe Ex20 Rims. I was contacted by kim Dodd's aasaking for inforamation on my upograded bear b rakes so she can sitdown with Axe wheel company to make sure the rims i wanted fit my Mustang Gt. I gave her all the info she needed, after which she copntacted me saying that there are no fittment problems and i can order and recieve my rims. i also told carid that i will not put the rims on mycar until 2019 summer time. boith caruid and myself felt that this was a no issues sao me waiting until summer would not be a PROBLEM.(i have all emails showing my discussion on fitment & Rivets/Centercaps with both dodd's and jorge. when i went to install the rims in 06/07/2019 to my surpise the rims did not fit then front wheels the brakes are right on the innerside of the rim. when i contacted carid they immediately said that the 30 day return policy had passed and that my car has upgraded brake lol, when i showed them the emails with all info and opproval by them and Axe wheel co. saying that the rims will fit my car they went back to the 30 day policy. carid has a Guaranteed Fitment policy that say if the rims dont fit they will take them back and find ones that do without no mention of there 30 day polies, it front and center on there web page. I beleive that i did nothing to make thos rims not fit, i took all the nessacerry step to give carid all info so they and axe can make a professional decision whether rims fit or it doesnt. The fact that they determined it did and the fact i told them about me not putting them on until summer 2019 cover me and make them responsable for this mess and they should take back these rims and work with me to get one that fit or just refund me my money it's a slam dunk in my opinion. they have been so unprofessional and i am disappointed, plus what the hell am I going to do with rims that don't fit my car.
                        Hi Hector,
                        I'm reaching out to you regarding your recent wheels order with us. The manufacturer is letting us know that the front wheels MAY require a 3mm spacer to clear the brakes. It may not even need any spacer, they're just letting us know of the possibility. We will send the spacer with the wheels at no additional cost to you. I just want to make sure this is ok with you before we continue with the order and start painting the wheels. If you are not ok with this we can switch your order to something that does not require a spacer.
                        Please let me know either way, at your earliest convenience, so we can proceed with your order accordingly.
                        Sincerely,
                        Kimberly Dodds
                        US Wheels CS
                        Phone 800.505.3274
                        Email: kimberly.[protected]@carid.com
                        Thank you so much! I am sending it over to them now, should have a response shortly on it.
                        Sincerely,
                        Kimberly Dodds
                        US Wheels CS
                        Phone 800.505.3274
                        Email: kimberly.[protected]@carid.com
                        On [protected]:31, Hector L Perez wrote:
                        ...Hello Kim Here is the front brake system I installed in my 2007 Mustang Gt [protected] Mustang GT Baer GT Plus 14" Front Brake Kit Part#:BAER-4261096 you can send this info to the AXE Wheel manufacture - EX20 Rim to see if will fit CariD Order #[protected] I will wait on your answer and take steps accord…
                        Great news! The vendor said these wheels will fit no problem. They didn't say anything else about spacers so it looks like you won't need any. I am having them proceed with your order. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Caridlumen® g7s led headlight conversion kit - the inverter/converter box failure

On May 25th I reported the passenger LED bulb was not working anymore, it is only 1.5 years old, but CarID alleges a "spectacular" 5-year warranty. They persist in multiple emails to tell me I have to tear my car apart and do the dirty work of assessing the problem - which I determined to be the converter that attaches to the bulb itself. I supplied them with photos of my disassembly of the car, and the results of testing.

Still, they delay and try everything to avoid satisfying the warranty claim. Further emails they allegedly sent (but I did not receive), then by phone I discover that I need to "Field Destroy" the part and send them the photograph. Which I did. I get one email saying they received the "Field Destroy" photo, and the next morning I got another separate email from some other "Customer Service" incompetent saying I still need to send that "Field Destroy" photo when I already received confirmation from someone else that they did receive it. It appears that staff there do not communicate anything amongst one another at all. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing.

It is now almost 2 weeks, and still no resolution. All I want is for CarID to replace that Converter/Inverter unit so I can have the LED fully functional again on the car.

On June 6th, this is the email I finally received after sending the "Field Destroy" photo on June 6th:

************************************************************************************
                          On 06/06/2019 6:26 PM, Zara Amora - CARiD wrote:
                          > ## Please Reply ABOVE THIS LINE ##
                          > Dear Andrew,
                          > Thank you for contacting CARiD.com!
                          > Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. I received the field destroy photo you sent and uploaded them to the system. We appreciate your cooperation!
                          > We will process the replacement of 1 qty of the controller of LUMEN® H11XHLC-G7S - G7S LED Conversion Kit (H11). Once completed we will send an email to notify you and we will send an email with the tracking number in 24 business hours after the shipment.
                          > If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact CARiD.com anytime!
                          > Thank you and have a great day!
                          > Sincerely,
                          > CARiD
                          > Zara
                          > Customer Service
                          > Customer Experience Center
                          > Phone: 800.505.3274
                          > Email: [protected]@carid.com

Then, this afternoon I got this from yet a different "support" person to my further fuel my anger:

On 06/07/2019 1:42 PM, Tim Russel - CARiD wrote:
                          > ## Please Reply ABOVE THIS LINE ##
                          > Dear Andrew,
                          > Thank you for contacting CARiD.com!
                          > We received your pictures. We have sent them to the manufacturer. Once they are reviewed, we will process replacement.
                          > If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at CARiD.com anytime.
                          > Thank you and have a great day!
                          > Sincerely,
                          > CARiD
                          > Tim
                          > Customer Service
                          > Customer Experience Center
                          > Phone: 800.505.3274
                          > Email: [protected]@carid.com

I've attached the photo of the "Field Destroy" photo, and Zara above said the part would be sent out, yet "Tim" contradicts that by saying they have to send it to the Manufacturer for yet another "approval". I see nothing but stalling tactics and very poor customer service here.

Attached are also the photos I took of my "diagnostic" which involved having to drop my front bumper and fenders. After more than 3 hours of my time, my determination was the bulb was fine, but the inverter attached to the bulb was not. It is clear to me that the customer does not matter when having to address and fix a warranty issue.

Also, 2 photos of the light not working with the defective inverter/converter, then after testing with the inverter/converter from the Driver's side, the light was working.

Now along with all the emails back and forth, I have spent now well over 8 hours of my personal time. They show no concern or care about the fact that it is unsafe for us to drive a car with one headlight out, but also it is illegal.

I did my due diligence here, and no one should have to fight like this for a warranty issue - especially when you buy the product on good faith that it is protected by their 5-year warranty.

I think management needs to ensure communication between staff on specific issues, and they need to be more customer focused on resolving warranty problems.

Dealing with a minimal cost of replacing the faulty part would have kept us as customers and more sales down the road. Instead, they chose the path of poor customer relations - inevitably leading to no further sales from us, or anyone we come in contact with.

A happy customer will always come back, that is why Amazon does well. CarID has no such care for the customer.

CarID needs to rethink how they treat their customers because this situation has completely destroyed my trust in them - which means I will never buy from them again. And I will never ever recommend them to anyone.

So, it is now June 7th, and still no resolution in sight.