Having problems with DHL Express?

131 406 (Australia)
95380 (China)
1800 111 345 (India)
120 392 580 (Japan)
+1 800 225 5345 (United States)
+44 844 248 0844 (United Kingdom)
+64 99 762 976 (New Zealand)
+45 70 345 345 (Denmark)
+358 30 45 346 (Finland)
+353 18 700 790 (Ireland)
+31 880 552 000 (Netherlands)
+351 707 505 606 (Portugal)
+41 848 711 711 (Switzerland)
+90 44 40 040 (Turkey)
+852 24 003 388 (Hong Kong)
+60 379 642 800 (Malaysia)
+63 28 117 000 (Philippines)
+966 138 827 777 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 858 888 (Singapore)
+27 119 213 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 880 001 (South Korea)
+66 23 455 000 (Thailand)
+54 810 122 3345 (Argentina)
Heinrich-Brüning-Straße 5
Bonn, Ontario
Germany - 53113
The United Kingdom
Southern Hub, Unit 1, Horton Road, Colnbrook, Berkshire, SL3 0BB

Austria
Clemens-Holzmeister-Straße 4, 1109, Vienna

Ireland
Unit 3, Elm Road, Dublin Airport Logistics Park, St. Margarets Road, St. Margarets, Dublin

Italy
Viale Milanofiori, Palazzo U/3 Strada 5, 20089 Rozzano (Mi)

Portugal
ART’S – Business & Hotel Centre, Av. D. João II, nº 51, 4º, Parque das Nações, 1990-085 Lisboa

Russia
8 Marta street, 14, 127083, Moscow

Switzerland
Pumpwerkstrasse 51, 8105 Regensdorf

South Africa
Cnr Fabriek & Van Acht Streets, Isando, Johannesburg, 1600

Complaints & Reviews

dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia

DHL Germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to Australia. First time (tracking number...

incompetence

It's no secret that DHL has one of if not the worst track record of shipping services. I made the mistake of using thier company for shipping from an online site that offered free next day shipping with DHL. Figuring I could save a few bucks and still have days to wrap it for X-mas gifts I did so. Suffice it to say the package did not arrive the next day. In fact a few days later it has still yet to arrive. I've watched the tracking of my packages and the interesting thing is that every day they change the expected date of arrival another day forward. Five whole pounds may in fact be the weight limit that cannot be exceeded for prompt delivery. Or I figure that "next day" for DHL implies "weeks later". For fun try complaining to DHL about a problem. I have yet to get any responses. Reckon I'm not nearly important enough for them to care.

Yes I have learned from this. I will NEVER use DHL again and I would rather pay significantly more with other companies to insure that I actually get my merchandise. I reccomend Fed-EX, UPS, USPS, carrier pigeon, tying package to rock and throwing in general direction of destination, or using sheer psychic willpower as more reliable methods of delivery.

- Tralfaz

john Feb 06, 2009

DHL CRAP. Don't deliver in all areas cause they scared to be attacked (all other couriers delivery without any problems and on time). You pay the postage and cant get the service expected. When you go to top pick the the parcel in the depot cause they refuse to deliver it to you (after traveling 30 minutes and spend money to get there) they say its been returned to the sender or the system crashed and they wont give u the parcel and they dont even say sorry. Try to call the local office...you will be lucky if someone will reply after waiting 5 minutes. Thats one company that deserve to go bankrupt Totally useless and, incompetent and rude. Avoid at all cost and your life will be easier
    I regularly receive parcels as I have my personal business so I experienced all this my self.

dhl lost suicase then cheated me out of compensation

Tracking number: [protected]
Compensation case number: E080085319

On Sept 3 2008, we shipped a suitcase weighing about 22kg from Frankfurt, Germany to Sesto Fiorentina, Italy via DHL. The tracking number is: [protected]. When we asked whether we should insure it, DHL staff assured that there was no need to since the package will be tracked all the way with no chance of getting lost.

Two months later, after lots of inquiries made by me about the whereabouts of the suitcase, in November, we were told that the suitcase is lost and that DHL will pay compensation of amount Euros 189.82, which includes Euros 32 paid to DHL for shipping. The compensation claim number given to me was E080085319. Please see the email from Christiane Dornecker of DHL, dated Nov 5th 2008. She asked me for the IBAN/BIC number of my US account. I told her that US banks do not have this number and I asked her to send a check. Ms. Dornecker responded on Nov 25 2008, that she would see if a check can be sent.

After that, I have heard absolutely nothing at all from her or from anyone else at DHL. I have emailed Ms. Dornecker several times. I have sent 2 letters, 2 faxes and phoned up 2 times. My last contact with DHL was on Dec 10th, when I spoke to the manageress at Customer Service. Each time, I was assured that a check would be sent to me and that an email confirmation would be send the next day. And yet, since Nov 25th, I have not received any communication by email, phone or mail from DHL.

WHAT I WANT: I think DHL should be ashamed of a suitcase -the cost of the suitcase and contents is Euros 1728. DHL should be even more ashamed of the way I have been treated. I want them to, at least, send me a check immediately for Euros 189.82 that they agreed to pay. Plus if they have any sense of decency they should pay me Euros 50 on top for the cost of the calls and the aggravation I have suffered. I believe they should compensate me fully for the Euros 1728 that my suitcase was worth but I understand that it was not insured, so I will settle for Euros 189.82+50= Euros 239.50.

-------------------
Nov 5 2008

Good morning Mr. Butt,

Compensation for suitcase is 157, 82 €, compensation for freight is 32, 00 €. So you´ll get 189, 82 €. This item is gone by economy, so it will be compensate by weight.
Compensation for 22 kg weight is 157, 82 €.
Please wait, case has been handed over to accounting. You´ll get a further letter soon.

Kind regards

Christiane Dornecker
Deutsche Post CSC Hamburg
Eiffestr. 78
20357 Hamburg

Resolved bad and late transfere

every time i recived a shipment from any country in a super way of delivery by DHL from any place within 2 or 3 days it is kept in the in the wear house in the QATAR branch for dayyss and did not delivere it to my place despite that they call me to take the address for delivery... and when i call them they transfere me to each other without any benifit and i hear them by phone that they have fights with each other ... and they tell me that they well solve the problem and they well call me .. but, they are not calling, , and put their phone in the answer machine and not call again ..
i think that persons who are working in the branch in QATAR not doing their job very well
Dr, Haya

Resolved shipping errors, bad customer service

Do not use DHL for any time sensitive deliveries!!! I paid $17 for next day shipping on an order I needed for my finals week of my last semester of school. I used DHL's online tracking information which told me my package would arrive Dec. 9. After it did not arrive on the 9th, I called DHL to find out why. The person I spoke to told me the package was held up but could not tell me why. He then assured me it would arrive later that day. When it did not arrive by 6:45 p.m. on Dec. 10, I called again. The person I spoke to this time sounded very annoyed and told me it would come that night. When the package did not come that night, I called again first thing in the morning on Dec. 11. Finally the person I spoke to was very helpful and I was able to get the package held at the DHL office so I could pick it up. The person even made sure to get my phone number and had someone at the office call me to confirm the pick-up. Although the office was difficult to find, I had no other problems picking up the package on my own. Yet, it is absolutely ridiculous that next day shipping takes three days and three phone calls! I will never use DHL again!

• Wc
    Wchaur Oct 27, 2010

WHAT IS CALL DHL,

DELIVERY HALFWAY LOST!!! USELESS COMPANY, HOPELESS STAFF, DANGEROUS SERVICE AND HIGHEST CHARGES

• Ac
    acerboy Nov 02, 2010

Don't know how my shipment to Japan ended up in Canada!!! Can imagine if it went to Jamaica, because it starts with a J. DHL is the worst courier ever! This is my first and the last time to use this crappy courier service.

• Mi
    miramontez Aug 13, 2012

I went to Sunoco store #7144 195 n. craig street on thursday july 26, 2012 to sign for my pay stub and your employee that Mr. Dunlap had instructed not to come in there anymore or interferre with my situation with Rita and Vallerie by lying on me, was just finished talking to Rita and Vallerie and on his way out. I filed a complaint that same day with Sarah and left a message on Mike Dunlaps answering service. No one has called me back and I still have not received your employees letter of apology that was promised to me by Sarah and Hezeikiah a month ago.
    Last Monday I went into Sunoco to pick up my employee handbook and Tom the district manager happened to be in there, he asked me to clock in for a short moment to talk, he asked what happened between me and the DHL guy last week. Hello I have been slammed with night shifts for weeks because your employee keeps filing false complaints against me for Rita's sake so where do these mysterious altercations keep happeneing? In my opinion I should not have to flirt with customers or allow Rita to touch me when she wants to or go out and get drunk with her to keep my job.

Resolved delivery supervisor chuck chiddix

On 12-5-08 I was expecting a package from DHL Express out of Kansas City, MO. My regular delivery driver called me and told me that she did not have a package from me. She asked what zip code it orginated from and I told her. She told me she would make some phone calls and get back with me. A short while later, I spoke with her again and she told me that one of the other drivers had by mistake put it on his delivery route truck and the package was still in Kansas City, two hours away. This was very upsetting as this package contained payroll checks.
This delivery driver told me in a conversation that she would be willing to meet me halfway later in the day to get the package to me. After discussing the situation with the owner of my company we decided to file a complaint with DHL, through their 800 number. I also had the contact name and number of the individual in the Kansas City location, so I therefore called him. I told him that this was a mistake by one of his drivers and that it was an inconvenience to myself and the regular driver. He became very angry and screamed ' I know what you [censored]ing want, I'll bring you your [censored]ing check!". With that he hung up on me. I therefore contacted the 800 number again and lodged another complaint. A short while later a DHL rep by the name of Jim Davis called me back, I explained to him what had occured and he was very apologetic. He told me that Chuck was on his way down with the package/payroll.
At 2:36 Chuck Chiddix arrived at my office. He threw the envelope down on my desk and proceeded to scream that the regular delivery driver was going to meet me later that day to get the package to me. I told him that we pay DHL to provide a service and they fail miserably at it. He then proceeded to scream more calling me a liar and other things. He slammed my office door shut and stomped off down the hallway. By this time other businesses in my office building had come out of their office to see what all the screaming was about. Everyone was rather flabbergasted at the unprofessionalism and actions of Chuck Chiddix.
I again spoke with Jim Davis from DHL and later in the day a Jim Royal, (sp?) (who is the actual employer of Chuck Chiddix from Gateway in Omaha Nebraska) called me. Gateway is a contractor for DHL express. Jim R told me that he had discussed the first incident regarding the profanities on the phone with Chuck Chiddix and he had known nothing about the incident that took place in my office when Chuck Chiddix delivered the package. He too apologised and said that he thinks that Chuck is stressed out due to DHL folding and everyone losing their jobs. He said that if they were not losing their jobs in a few weeks, then he would terminate him for this but because of the status of DHL, he would not be doing so.
This however is NO excuse for Chuck Chiddix's behaviour. Chuck is the driver SUPERVISOR. What an example he leads for the others.

I have seen this individual in person twice now. I was stunned when I first found out that he was a supervisor as he was very dirty and unkempt looking

I know that there have been drivers, namly an individual by the name of Justin who worked in the Warrensburg, MO area until last friday, when he was let go early, Justin in the past has been suspended because of throwing packages while at the depot. This was not in the presence of a customer as Chuck Chiddix's was.

Also, Chuck Chiddix did not give me the scanner to sign that I had received the package, instead he signed his own name. He told his supervisor that he did so in order to avoid a confrontation. That is bull. When he walked in my door he was wanting a confrontation!

I would like Chuck Chiddix to be repremanded and made to apologise to me and the people in my office building who heard his tirade.

Resolved deceptive practices

I sold a bumper on eBay and needed to find the exact shipping charge. DHL claimed to be the cheapest based on online searches. I wanted to confirm I was inputing everything correctly and so I went to the DHL Location in Rockledge Florida and had them tell me the amount. The wrote all the dimensions, weights and the cost on the package. I collected the money and input the info into their online electronic delivery site after creating an account. The amount ($127) matched very well with the DHL Rockledge location (dollar for dollar), so I arranged shipment. Later, they had charged me an extra $108 for a total of $235. I disputed this and they could not explain why I was charged an extra $108, but refused to disallow the extra fees, even though the Rockledge location had quoted me the very same amount. I said, "If I would have shipped through Rockledge, I wouldn't have been charged $108 extra." to which the worker Theresa agreed, but refused to do anything about it. Now after trying to elevate it and getting nowhere, I am coming to you. I can't imagine I am the only one they are doing this to. It is a bait and switch. They quote a price lower than their competitors and then charge you an excessive amount later. My bumper sold for $40 on eBay. I collected $127 in shipping costs based upone 2 quotes from DHL (online and in person). Shipping cost $235, so I am minus $68 on the transaction do to DHL's deceptive practices.

worst services

27.11.2008

about 10 days ago.. I bought some collectable cards through ebay...
through different sellers from United States and Canada.. and one of them are sending the cards through DHL and the rest through regular post...
the funny thing is they all came about 8 days after my ordero...
All of them arrived fine except DHL only left a message said that item was undeclared,
ooooook... so I rang them and told them it's actually collectable cards rather than gifts stated on the package, so they will deliver today

AND, WOW, I waked up around 7am this morning and waited waited waited waited waited and waited and waited then waited

yes, I have live, I am browsing internet while I was waiting
it was raining the whole morning and I didn't go out to check my mailbox and around 11:45am the rain stopped, so I walked out and check the mail box to see

IF THE DRIVER LEFT THE DELIVERY ON THE GROUND OR ON THE MAIL BOX OR OUTSIDE OF MY GARAGE DOOR OR IN THE RAIN(well.. it was raining)

and... I got supprised that I only got a note said "Unsuccessful Delivery At Tempt"

wow.. it's so amazing!!!

so I rang the DHL office "OLD Eagle Farm" site number : [protected]
and a women answered, I gave her the Air Waybill number and she told me Driver's record I am not home,
so I told her I was waiting for this delivery, how could I miss it?

and she become un-patiented and say it's driver's record that I am not home ( oh? If I wasn't home who the hell is ringing you right now?!?!)

after I hang up.. I was thinking.. I need to make compliant so I looked through DHL's main site, and founds out they don't have anything regards customer services ...

wow.. so I googled it...
topic "DHL BAD SERVICE"
"DHL LAZY DRIVER"
"DHL COMPLIANT"

and I found heaps of interesting DHL stories about people
and I am Happy that I am not the WORST one!!! LOL!!!

this is not the first time about the evil DHL service... same thing happened to my books before.. they were delivered by DHL but the driver just left it at door step. and when I found out I just "oh.. it's DHL again"

I might try make compliant through ACCC and see if they would give better service

religious persecution

To whom it concerns, (urgent complaint)
For a long time, we have noticed and knew sorrowfully that the regional manager responsible for Egypt in your respectable company is notoriously biased against the Muslim staff working under his tyrannical authority. It is really shameful of your company to free his hand in degrading, suffocating and driving Muslims to a narrow corner forcing them to leave their jobs in your company. We are just giving you a mere hint hoping to draw your attention to this fanatically religion- biased man, waiting for the proper decision to be taken, we'll remain for ever
Yours Faithfully

• Om
    omnia5555 Apr 23, 2014

DHL Egypt are sick people, and as long as they are getting them money its OK for EVERYONE...

KEEP AWAY!

bad service

DHL might more appropriately named DHB for DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH in awaiting delivery.

I made an online purchase from a vendor who has a warehouse located about 25 miles from me in NJ. DHL picked up the order that same day, then delivered it to a hub in Allentown PA. Somewhere along the way the merchandise was broken and returned to the vendor. Their online tracking service stated it was delivered to me and signed for.

DHL never satisfactorily answered my queries about what was happening, and the vendor wasn't much help either.

Finally, a replacement shipment was made and, according to DHL's tracking service, was to arrive the next day. Instead it went to a hub in Iowa where the tracking service said it was received, then sent out. Nothing!

The second shipment seemed OK, but it had been mistakenly sent to Iowa by truck and was now on a truck back to NJ. It will arrive in about a week.

I don't know if it will or not, but I will heretofore check to see if vendors use DHL. If so, I simply won't order from them.

• Sp
    Speedy Oct 18, 2008

You say:
    "Somewhere along the way the merchandise was broken and returned to the vendor. Their online tracking service stated it was delivered to me and signed for."

The tracking should clearly say it was returned to sender and signed for by an employee at the original company. What you are describing is somebody's misinterpretation of what happened. If its damaged in transit, then its returned to sender. That should answer your question. If you want to know "exactly" who is responsible and "exactly" how it was damaged in transit, unfortunately, nobody will be able to answer that.

You say:
    "...Instead it went to a hub in Iowa..."
    We don't have a hub in Iowa. Our main sort facility is in Wilmington Ohio. I think you are referring to that.

You say:
    "Finally I was able to speak to a live person who told me the shipment was damaged. I finally got them straightened out, and they realized it was the FIRST shipment that was damaged."
    If you read the 1st tracking # (the damaged/return to sender), then the rep will tell you what happened - which you already know. Each time the company ships to you they will use a new tracking #. Read the 2nd tracking # to find out the status of the new shipment.

Most of us in customer service are competent and will truthfully answer your questions. If the customer is all freaked out and not giving us accurate info, then we can hardly assist them. You say you straightened out the customer service rep? If you were talking to a stupid rep - good for you! If you were talking to me - I would have straightened you out.
    Asking for a supervisor will get you the same information from a different person.

Sorry about all of the problems, if you had called me at customer service, I would have told you the truth and saved you numerous callbacks.

PS: I do love DHL = Don't Hold Your Breath. That's a good one. I am on a DHL employee board and will share it with my coworkers. :)

• Da
    Dany Aug 07, 2010

I have sent a crate from Beijing to Berlin 3 weeks ago. I called DHL in China to make sure that they would deliver the crate to my office that is the back house second floor (and not only to the front door of the building) since I had a car accident and cannot carry anything. I also called DHL Berlin to ask the same information and both confirmed that I would receive the package directly at my office on the second floor.

They called to say that the package would arrive between 9 am and 12 am on Friday and again I made sure that it was going to be brought up since the only person in the office on that day was a small woman. I was told yes, it will be brought up.

The DHL man came and said he could not bring the crate up since it is too heavy and that she would have to find a solution herself. He left the crate outside in the back house. I called DHL and they said someone was going to come back and bring it up. At 12 the first woman had to leave so I paid someone else to come and wait. Every 2h I would call them to ask when they are coming. I was always told they would come but it might not be right away. I even said that two men should come since it real heavy but I was then told that if the driver managed to bring it to the front door alone that he will manage to bring it up 2 floors alone.

At 18 h the other woman had to go so I had to come in the office and wait. I called DHL to say I have dinner plans if the driver can arrive soon and I was told to wait and someone would come soon.

At 20h I called again and a very rude man said no one will come because the working day for the drivers ended at 18h and I have to find a solution myself.

To make an even longer story short I had to wait outside (at night) until I finally found 2 guys big enough to pay to bring the crate up. (I waited long since it was raining hard and bringing two strangers to my back office when I am alone is not smart). I was done with the hole thing it was 23h.

Since then I have called DHL 14 times and I always get the same answer someone will call you back today or tomorrow. It has now been 2 weeks. I also wrote 4 emails and not one single email reply. I guess they are waiting until I forget about it. Plus it cost money to complain by DHL. I have just calculated my Skype cost calling DHL and I am now at 30 euros. Here is another great way for them to make money.

Today is the first time in my life that I put something up in a forum as a complaint.

I am so tired of being ignored and I will not stop until I get fully reimbursed.

stolen item from dhl calgary

My parcel shipped to me via DHL from Florence, Ital on May 8, 2008, arrived in the DHL office in Calgary, May 24th, 2008. I was contacted by phone and then by email to complete forms, describe the contents of the parcel and my visa was charged duty on imported goods. I was told that my description matched the description of the items in the hands of the DHL representative and that it should arrive at my door in Saskatchewan with a few days. That was May 24th 2008. It is October, 2008 and my parcel has been classified as lost and my file and claim have been closed. I have been told to file a claim with my insurance or contact the store I purchased the item from in Florence, Italy. The Italian store has filed a claim as the initiator of the shipping with DHL as a courtesy to me however I have all kinds of documentation and emails from DHL evidencing that my shipment was in their hands in Calgary. What I suspect is that someone affiliated with DHL has taken my items for themselves. Yes, I am accusing them of theft. I will continue my pursuit of customer service and will never use DHL again. I will tell everyone I know or meet.

How can a company get away with this. My hope is that DHL would stop dropping the ball on their customers and start internally investigating their employees or installing survellence tapes. Much could be said and done in this regard.

saminda May 06, 2011

Although this article was posted in 2008, we still have exact the same problem with DHL Italia.
    It really doesn't matter if the final destination is Italy or the percel is just going through Italian hub.
    Someone in DHL Italy kept stealing the items.
    I just dont understand how could this happen so often.
    Is there any security cameras? Or is it common thing that happen in Italy?

never use dhl

After the first nightmare I had with DHL I always advise shippers not to use DHL. Their drivers are hired by private contractors and are of questionable character. I have had three bouts with DHL. The last experience started, Oct. 7, 2008. Driver stated that he couldn’t find the address. I live on one of two main roads in the area, mine being the only 4 lane highway. UPS, Fed X and USPS have no problem finding me. DHL had a problem three times. On Oct 9th I called and complained and asked customer service to notify the driver to call me when he gets in the area. I assume he got annoyed by my complaint because my VERY IMPORTANT contract suddenly became lost.. I advise everyone never to use DHL. Just look at this website and all the complaints against DHL

• St
    static Oct 12, 2008

Jack Oct 13, 2008

100% TRUE! Never use DHL!!!
    have a look DHL customs delay !!! http://www.dhl.com.hk/publish/hk/en/eshipping/track.high.html?pageToInclude=RESULTS&AWB=2083637846&type=fasttrack

11 days and no body call to me !!! and the problems still not resolved!

recomended:

Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!Never use DHL!!!

unable to locate address

DHL SUCKS... I live off of a main 4 lane hwy. in Louisiana. There are only two roads that go through this area and the other one is a two lane. Three times DHL couldn't find my house. The problem is, most of their deliveries are 17 miles south of my address in Port Fourchon. Port fourchon is the busiest port in the united states. When the inept irresponsible private contractors are returning from Port Fourchon to deliver on the east side of the highway where I am located. the addresses are not real close. The speed limit is 65. They fly by my house and when the discover that they passed a delivery point, Oh well. These irresponsible drivers could care less about the delivery. This has happened three times in the past year. When ever someone tells me that they are going to overnight a package I advise them never to use, DHL. By the way, this last time I was expecting a very important contract. When the package didn't arrive on time I called and complained. I guess the driver got upset and all of a sudden the package was listed as lost. A w0rd of advice. Never, NEVER use DHL

• St
    static Oct 12, 2008

fraud and cheating

The delivery person never bothered to come and marked my package undeliverable. I know he didn't come because I was at home all day waiting. I didn't shower and waited doing h/w. If I had missed it he would have left a note and brought it to our rental office because they sign for packages. The SOB just never came!!! I can't believe I paid for overnight service on a document that will cause me to lose my job and they just simply didn't come. Don't SHIP DHL or you will not receive your package.

Jody Oct 07, 2008

DHL charged me for a "quarantine processing fee" of $47.30. I bought $70 worth products off iherb & paid $20 shipping/handling fee for it to be sent to Australia. I'm going to call AQIS and ask whether they really did charge DHL this fee. I've read similar complaints online and definitely agree, DHL is very untrustworthy.

• Oz
    OZ rip-off caught out Dec 11, 2009

Sent to Australia;

I've had the same nonsense 'processing fee' of $47.30 charged (via invoice) twice now. In both cases, the products were named supplements *from iherb (nothing suspect). The boxes had been opened but no bottles checked. This is an exclusive DHL fee (nothing to do with customs/quarantine) (DHL will claim otherwise). Call them up and ask for an official invoice including an AQIS (quarantine entry number). If they can't provide it too you (and they won't), they have no legal right to charge you the fee and should therefore waive the invoice. This whole process is nothing but a scam for unsuspecting importers. Please let all of you're friends and colleagues know so they can avoid DHL like the plague.

• Di
    diathyky Dec 16, 2009

DHL have sent me an invoice also for a supposed Quarantine Processing Fee some days after receiving a package from iHerb. The problem, I think, in Law (and I have done contract law) is that the contract has been concluded on the delivery of the goods. Therefore they cannot request another charge after fulfilment of the contract. They are simply acting illegally and in my opinion there is no way they would try to sue anyone for not paying because they would know that they must lose. It looks to me like it is all bluff by a very unscrupulous company. A complaint could be lodged with Fair Trading. If you do that, they cannot proceed with their claim until it is resolved by Fair Trading and DHL will just drop it because they know they cannot win.

• Su
    suzieangelcat Jan 20, 2010

I have recently received the same charge (also iHerb purchase). I will phone them about it today.

I have received this in the past and phoned them about it. The person I spoke immediately "canceled" the fee when I challenged it. This just proves that it is dodgy. They are just trying their luck and I am sure many people pay without questoning.

I did check with Australian customs and they said that NO fee is charged.

Do not pay.

And if you have the time/inclination you cold take it to the consumer protection organisation.

• Fa
    familywoman Mar 03, 2010

Wow, so glad I googled on this. I had the same issue, also product from iHerb which I received over a week before DHL's "invoice". When I rang the lady kerfuffled around saying there should be appropriate paperwork attached - I said there is no indication of any quarantine process and asked for the AQIS number (thanks for that tip). She said she would "waiver" it this time. What dodgy sods!

mis deliveries

Never use DHL for deliveries!!! I ordered some items from a catalog, first they delivered it to Shorefront drive. I had to re-order, and I just checked on line and they delivered it to Shoreline Drive. (My address is Shoreside drive and is correct on everything.) I just called them, the drivers don't have cell phones, just radios, so I have to wait for dispatchers to contact them to go pick it up. (And my first experience with DHL, they were supposed to ship something overnight and it took a week to get here!) They are without a doubt the worst delivery service I've ever dealt with - 3 out of 3 screw ups!! Don't know how they stay in business.

no reason for holding my package

DHL picked up my package and delivered on sept 2, after 2weeks later, DHL neither deliver my package nor...

never delivered

For the second time I have not received a package from DHL. I await my package, check my DHL tracking number and find out, both times, that my package is listed as delivered (left by my door). Needless to say, i never got any package. Nothing was left by my door. I called DHL and they said they did not have my apartment number listed but that the package was delivered to my apartment. That makes no sense. How would they know what apartment to deliver to if the, as they claim, had no apartment number? I will not ever use DHL again and will never do business with any company that uses them either.

driving eradically and speeding

Driver was in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, maybe more. But was agitated and banging things around...

they will deliver to wrong address and don't care

My supplier sent me a couple of boxes from Hong Kong via DHL, but to my surprise the tracking showed the package as delivered. The signature and name of recipient does not match name package was addressed to. I contacted customer service informing them the goods were not delivered to me, it turns out the driver had taken them to wrong address. I begged them to please return to the address and recover same day but they refused, of course come next day, the recipient is not opening his door, and DHL have been totally untruthful. DHL - driver helps lose.

overcharged

I opened a DHL account this year. A sales rep called to welcome me aboard. I shipped many items with them with no problems. I shipped a car seat in April 2008. I have shipped two or three before that. The DHL calculator showed about $64.00, with is about average for a box of 48 lbs. So I sent the invoice to the buyer (ebay sale) and then made a pick-up appointment, all online. I printed the label on my printer and the receipt shows a rate of $59.25. I shipped this May 1st or 2nd.

Then on April 11 I received the bill from DHL for $238.50! I called and the sales lady told me that the package was re-weighed at 239 lbs! They told me that my label receipt ws not proof. SO I filed a claim and it ws ignored. I have called them to no avail. I asked a second or third rep why they didn't notify me of the changed shipping price before shipping and the answer was' We don't have the time to call every customer'. Oh yeah? Well you sure have the time to steal from me !!

I am filing another claim with my bank because this company refuses to acknowledge that they are being dishonest. And I am unable to close the account! There should be a law against what this company can do. I want my account closed with DHL and I never will do business with them again!