Complaints & Reviews

Your delivery driver

Today, as I was leaving my building at 19 Lascelles Boulevard, Toronto, a delivery person for Purolator had arrived at the front door to deliver a parcel. This is a controlled access building, and it appeared that he had rung the recipient of parcel, but rather than wait for that person to give him access, he forced his way into the building past me. I told him that he needed to be buzzed into the building and that I could not just let him in. He then started shouting at me saying that I had to let him as he was a Purolator delivery person, that I was rude, and other things.
I want to report this because this should NOT have happened. Aren't your drivers told to wait for access to a controlled entry building; NOT just walk into the building behind someone leaving??? I am attaching a photo of the truck he was driving to make the delivery for your information.

Your delivery driver

Pathetic delivery service

I was expecting to receive a package from Purolator this morning. I was at home and the driver didn't bother to knock at the door not ring the door bell. He left delivery attempted notice on my door and I see package will be ready for pickup on 07/09 at nearby Purolator location to my house. Upon seeing this notice, I tried to contact chat representative and discussed about this issue and she said unfortunately she cannot help other than putting complain against the driver. I asked to at least make it available for pickup today to nearby Purolator location but she could not help. This is frustrating and pathetic service from Purolator. I lost my entire day without the package and it was very urgent for me to receive the package. I need my package by today under any circumstances

Pathetic delivery service

Pick up

I have arranged a pick up from the Consular General of India and deliver it to my address (Important documents like Passport and Visa for a medical emergency trip outside Canada) PIN # [protected]. It was all messed up and I had to reschedule the pick up 3 times in one day. No body in customer service explained why my order was getting cancelled and they were to keep rescheduling it for no reason. Pick up 1 # - Not provided. (Scheduled between 0930 and 1130) Pick up # [protected] (scheduled between 1200 and 1300) pick up # [protected] (scheduled before 0400 pm) to dispatch on the same day but I had no luck and your employees messed my life. I was supposed to travel to India on an evacuation flight on June 27 from Toronto. I was supposed to start my trip on June 26 evening which I need my documents before Friday (June 26 0400 pm in order for us to travel. I won't be able to travel anyways due to your employee's irresponsibility. There is no cancellation policy in evacuation flight and I will be losing $6000. I need a compensation for my loss otherwise I will move legally.
As per my understanding, the reason why they canceled my request for pick up, is something internal with Purolator and the Indian embassy which I am not aware of and nobody told me or denied my pick up request (even I was able to create label from red deer Purolator office for the return package. If your staff denied my pick up request on the first place I would drive there to Indian embassy and receive my documents by myself because our priority is to travel back to India due to the medical emergency to our daughter.

[Resolved] Blacklisted???

Their courier refused to even attempt delivery yesterday (I was home all day and I get called when the buzzer is used, they also never left a note) and after arranging redelivery they just left it in the sorting facility until the end of the day without even sending it out. I know they haven't tried to deliver it today because I arranged to have them call and the tracker says it's still at the sorting facility. This seems targeted at this points l, especially after they made sure to leave it at the furthest possible depot from my address.

Blacklisted???

• Purolator's response · Jun 09, 2020

Hello Evan,

Thank you for this feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident. If you'd like us to look into it for you, please email us your tracking number.

Vincent
    Social Media coordinator/Purolator Inc./Customer Care team
    Email: [email protected]

I'm complaining about the delivery that incomplete

I receive five boxes by your company and the man who deliver them refuse to put them inside my home, so throw them outside
since I'm using a wheelchair, I cannot put them inside by myself
he said because of Corona, I have to ask someone else
I 'm complaining about the delivery that incomplete and the boxes did not let me go inside my home and stop the other tenants who are using the wheelchair to walk by
my phone is [protected]

Parcel delivery

Purolator has completely ceased delivering my packages, despite still accepting them from the sender, Amazon. Prior to this, packages were routinely delayed for 1 or 2 weeks and often passed between multiple subcontractors and marked as delivered when they were not.

Amazon has already declared one of my packages lost and has refunded me, and I have 2 more in the queue waiting to be declared as lost also.

Ultimately, I am getting my money back, but I still need things for my business; things that I can't get locally. Whenever possible, I cancel orders if I know they are coming by Purolator because I can't rely on them arriving.

Package not yet received at it destination!! Track code: [protected]

May 8, 2020 package sent from cornwall to mont-tremblant. It should have been dropped at the door of the address on the package. No signatory was needed. Just drop the package at the door. But instead he left a note saying that it would be back the next day. Spoke with agent from customer serve of purolator by the name yordi. Was told it would be left there since it was mask for student to protect them for the covid-19. Then today I spoke with joe from customer service assuring me that he was sending a message to the driver to leave package at the door since the teacher is at school. She can not be at two places at once. I demand that head office get in touch me. What are they going to do to compensate me for the frustrating incident. That should have never happen. I want answers!!! We are now may 12, 2020 teacher still waiting for mask.

Shipping

I was shipping an important document internationally for my visa that needed to be authenticated in order for me to proceed with my new job in a different country. The document arrived late and was ripped! Because it was ripped, I could no longer get it authenticated and I could not obtain a new document due to the Corona Virus. Now, because of their mistake, I lost my job and cannot afford a flight back home. The customer service representative was not understanding and blamed other shipping companies. I was not refunded at all even after filing a claim and talking to a representative. They took no measures into resolving this issue.

Tracking number - [protected]

My package with tracking number [protected] is marked as delivered and it says it is delivered to Joe at reception, but there is no one called Joe at my home. Since package contains some important personal documents, I was tracking it from morning of April 23, and as soon I saw the status as delivered, I rushed to check my Mail box, and found nothing was in there. I contacted purolator customer care and opened an incident but it's been more than 40 hours but they have not given me any update on my package. Every time I call they say we are tracing driver. Seriously? Your system is so incompetent that you are tracing a package for more than 40 hours?

[Resolved] Delivered to incorrect address

I have been waiting for a courier since 10 days. It is the most important document and now when I track it, I see that it has been delivered to an incorrect address. I am really frustrated with this service. I need an immediate assistance on this. I have no clue how irresponsible can the service be. Instead of home address, my courier has been delivered at some reception. It is very clear that delivery person doesn't check the address, won't they even check the name??????

RESOLVED

I was extremely frustrated, but Thank you for the immediate assistance and support.

[Resolved] Delivery not received

Package IDS: [protected] and DHD000264410

I have been home waiting for a delivery of a large package, 1st time they show up and don't ring the door bell, but just stuck a note on my door saying I missed the delivery and I need to go pick it up. I live on a busy street, lots of vandals, and they could have atleast put the notice through my door's mail slot, but didn't. I call and arrange for re-delivery, they said they 'll come by next day and didn't show up. Same thing on day 3, they didn't show up. Now it's almost a week, they supposedly attempted delivery, and I have been home all day waiting, still nothing!!! It's been nearly a week, and the customer service is very unhelpful. I can't sit at home all week waiting for a package and not go to work. They expect me to stay home all day because the delivery can be anytime between 8am to 8pm!
You are a delivery service, DO your job and DELIVER! Find a way to reach your customers, have a service like phone updates or calling service to notify about the delivery.
WHY is it that everytime I purchase a product online and its you guys who are supposed to deliver, it 100% of the time never gets delivered!
You have my phone number, why don't you call and confirm atleast!? WORST SERVICE, you guys are getting paid for doing nothing.

• Purolator's response · Mar 03, 2020

Vincent
    Social Media coordinator/Purolator Inc./Customer Care team

[Resolved] Shipment from bell canada

OK this is a mess. 1) I am disabled, so need everything shipped to me. 2) I deal with so many shipping companies 2) ONLY is the shipment is being derived by a company other then Purolator do I receive it 3) If purolator is shipping it, 100% of the time, I never receive it. 4) I received a notice that Purolator could not reach me, but I was at home the entire day. 5) I received the notice with a tracking number. 6) The handwriting was not readable. 7) The notice clearly said it was at Postnet 3055 Dundas street west. 8) I called them and the package was not there 9) I called purolator and found out it was actually at 113 Lakeshore RD W, Mississauga, ON L5H 1E9. 10) Purolator will make a second attempt on Monday.

so why 1) was it not derived and I was at home all day 2) the shipping card left was non readable 2) The clearly noted address for pick up was incorrect 3) I am now forced to wait a second day for delivery.

last point, of all couriers, the non-purolator deliveries are 100% successful, and the Purolator shipments are 100% missed. Something is 100% wrong with the service Purolator provides.

I demand an explanation to the very sloppy service Purolator provides. I can see 1 missed delivery, but only Purolator is missing their shipments, and they miss 100% of their shipments. This is not a one-off mistake, it is every delivery. Purolator has no excuse for the very, very poor service they provide.

Shipment from bell canada

• Purolator's response · Mar 19, 2020

Hi Drew, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation and for the delay in our response. I will file a complaint to report these service failures. I can see that you have since then received your shipment. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Best regards,

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator
    Email: [email protected]

[Resolved] Damaged product upon delivery.

Hello,
we received a package of concentrator filters delivered by Purolator either Jan 30th or 31st, that resulted in some of the contents being damaged. These filters are integral to our production and needed asap.
We would like the damaged filters replaced.

See attached pics. You can contact me at [protected] Dale / Service Technician Medigas

• Purolator's response · Feb 04, 2020

Hello Dale,

I am sorry to see that your items have been damaged. Here in a link to file a claim for these damages https://www.purolator.com/en/support/file-claim.
    We have also filed the complaint about the damages and asked our depots management to follow up in regards to this. Thank you, Vanessa/Customer Care Team

[Resolved] Customer service

RE pin=[protected]

On January 24th, 2020 I was suppose to receive a delivery but to no avail for whatever reason. I chose to visit your creditstone location to pick up the envelope instead. I entered with my friend in tow and immediately noticed the disposition of the counter clerk. I had asked her "how is your day going", to which she replied very dryly, " its fine". I advised that I am here to pick up a package that was initially supposed to be delivered. I presented my Law Society Idenitification to which she declined and requested my Driver's License. Realizing my wallet was left in my vehicle, I exited the foyer returning with my driver's license.

When I returned with my driver's license, the foyer had become full with customers. I approached the counter and presented my information. The clerk examined my driver's license and said "I need something with your address", so I presented my business card. She still vehemently declined and directed me to Marilyn. She immediately raised her voice which startled me at first and keep inisisting that they require further information. I proceeded to show her the email from Purolator regarding the pick up, to which she boldly replies " how do I know if that email was from Purolator. A

At this point I am furious since driving to Vaughan from downtown Toronto was not on my "to do list" that day and be subjected to such disrespectful, unproffesional and down right poor cutomer service! I tried to remain calm but as Marilyn began raising her voice stating that I was not listening I had to walk away but not before I asked for their names; to which she refused at first but complied. Upon exiting I contacted your customer inquiry department by phone and spoke with Kelsey and described the above. She was very apologetic but I was infuriated. She documented what she could an ensured that she will forward my complaint to the appropriate departments but I was still infuriated. I advised that I was also willing to send an email to which she protested indicating my complaint would suffice. I opted for the latter.

As a person of colour, you do your best to treat others as to how you would like to be treated. I am one to admit working with the public is not easy but I strive each day to become a better human being by providing a service. I tried being friendly with Rosa upon entry but there was no pleasantries whatsoever from her. It was interesting to see how she interacted with others of a lighter shade in comparison to myself and that really hurts.

I truly hope Purolator addresses this complaint and uses it as a learning tool for those on the frontline dealing with customer since customers comprise of 99.99% of your business. As a recipient of the package I am not entitled to a refund however I have shared my story with whomever is willing to listen.

Disappointed Customer

• Purolator's response · Jan 27, 2020

Hello,

We are truly sorry to hear about this experience with our service counter. We will file this complaint to our depots management. If you would like a manger to follow up with you in regards to this incident please send us your contact details by email to [email protected] Thanks, Vanessa/Customer Care Team

[Resolved] total failure in delivery and return of a parcel

DO NOT USE this company for overseas deliveries
I sent a gift parcel to my niece in Italy (It was some used clothing from my granddaughter for my nieces daughter) no real value but put it down as $25. All gifts to Italy valued at less than 45 Euros are VAT and duty free. Purolators agents refused to deliver the parcel unless my niece paid a further 77 Euros and provided a Tax Code number. The parcel was returned to Canada and now DHL are asking for a further $18.08 for me to receive my own property back.
I have spoken to 2 Supervisors and 5 Customer Serrvice Reps at Purolator who have basically done nothing although one supervisor assured me that the parcel would be returned to me at no cost.
I have provided Purolator with both Purolator and DHL tracking numbers but this very poor company continue to do nothing
I am now left with filing a complaint with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs
I now know never to use this company again and can in fact get this package delivered within a few days at a cheaperr price if only I could get it back

• Purolator's response · Jan 08, 2020

Hello Ursula, thank you for your feedback. We've also replied to your direct message on Facebook and are awaiting your response with the tracking number to be able to further look into this.

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator

failed delivery

Purolator continues to fail in their only job - to deliver to the customer. On Dec 24 Purolator delivered an Amazon purchased present to the end of our driveway instead of to the house despite the fact we were home. Purolator designated it as "Delivered" despite abandoning it 1/4 mile from my house. At least this time the driver put it in a plastic bag so it would not get rain damaged as the previously "delivered" present had been. I have filed numerous complaints with Purolator - the supervisor says they will "further train" the driver, but this is not working. Of 7 "deliveries" since August, there have been problems with 5 of them. A competency rate of 28% should have them out of business but no such luck - I've had problems with this company's inability to deliver for over a decade at both work and home. My only recourse is to file a complaint with the shipper every time and request they cease business with Purolator. I also file a complaint with Purolator each time, but that seems to be a total waste of effort.

[Resolved] delivery

I ordered a package from amazon, and I did it through prime.. Everything went smooth with the exception of...

[Resolved] lost package

I had made an order at Zara, worth $224.
I had received an email for tracking and it did said the package had been dropped off at my front door. I have checked immediately and there was nothing, assuming that they might have put in the confirmation too early and are being late, I waited but still nothing. There was no knock on the door or anything, I completely did not receive the package at all. I contacted customer service and they had opened a claim and I haven't heard that since. And every time I contact them for an update, they're still " investigating"

• Purolator's response · Dec 05, 2019

Hello,

We are sorry you have not received your shipment. Please reach out to us through email with your tracking number to [email protected]lator.com. Thank you, Vanessa/Customer Care Team

[Resolved] delivery

Absolutely terrible customer service, package was not delivered on time and when contacted the customer service department I was met with a very rude employee named Ron. He was very rude and unhelpful, would not ship me the package cause of what he described as incomplete delivery details even though he admitted the name, address, city and postal code were all correct, simply because the building name wasn't on there, even though my name and the address was correct. I've ordered several packages from other delivery services and this is only place the wouldn't deliver it with all these details. The rude customer service rep just kept repeating "that's just the way it is" and that I'll just have to wait.

Worst service I've ever received. Recommend never using this delivery service.

• Purolator's response · Dec 03, 2019

Hello,

We apologize that your item was unable to be delivered due to missing details. We do require the name of a business or building when delivering to these locations. If you need any help with correcting this please email us at [email protected] with your tracking number. Thank you, Vanessa/Customer Care Team

[Resolved] delivery service/driver

I had placed an order online (amazon) and was given a tracking number for Purolator to have said package...

Thunder Bay Other

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices