Menu
Purolator
reviews & complaints

Purolator
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

409 complaints
291 resolved 118 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Purolator customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Purolator. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
1:39 am

Purolator - Careless Handling of Fragile Item

I ordered a $4,500 guitar and the courier is unfortunately Purolator. The delivery person just held one end of the box, dragged it out of truck, letting the other end fell on the ground hard, right in front of me. The box has "FRAGILE handle with care" clearly printed in large and bold font, and their incompetent employee just ignored it. Extremely unprofessional.

Desired outcome: Stop hiring cheap labours and consider improving the quality of service, it is clearly below average.

9:42 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Purolator - Poor service all around.

These people shouldn't be running a business. This is the 3rd time I have gotten poor delivery satisfaction. This is my first written complaint. I have had parcels delivered to different addresses and have not received any parcels on a delivery. I think I am dealing with very, very poorly trained personnel. I am now going to advise anyone who wants to send me something not to use Purolator.

Desired outcome: Clean up your act, you have a bad reputation.

A
8:16 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purolator - Express delivery

Hello, So on May 14, 2022 my grandfather had passed away so I shipped the urn I had bought for him the same day at 11am so that it would reach in time for the burial of his urn. I shipped it from the Purolator Shipment depot in Dartmouth as an express delivery (paying $70 for the package). The gentleman I spoke to stated that it would be delivered the...

S
10:40 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Purolator - Delivery not delivered, even though it said it was on the truck

I am very upset with the Purolator service from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. My tracking was updated at "on the truck" and "out for delivery" at 10:35am MST, it is now 8:36pm MST I have to be up for work at 3:00am MST and there is no sign of my delivery. The tracking has not been updated to say it is undeliverable, which was what the phone support team said, and I called the phone number only to be told I had to wait until 9:00pm before anything could be done. Not very happy about the service from Purolator today.

6:10 pm

Purolator - The driver

I had a package pick up scheduled from 1-5

I was asked to leave it at the door which I did at 1 pm.

Around 3:30 I stood at my balcony waiting for him to show up but no one came.

Around 5:30 I received a phone call saying that he came and nothing was at the door.

Not even the driver did not come up to my apartment's door, he did not show up at my building at all. I was watching I front door for 2 hours and I am sure no one came.

The package is scheduled for tomorrow at 9 am and I really do not know if he would come up.i need to fule a complaint about the driver since he is not doing his job.

2:47 pm

Purolator - Delivery

Good afternoon,

We have had several deliveries returned or dropped off somewhere else. We have no issues with FedEx or UPS and I must say some Purolator deliveries do make it from time to time. This is starting to become an issue because it means I’m going to have to stop ordering from Amazon.

I don’t know if it’s just a driver issue or an issue with your GPS system. But it’s really frustrating when other deliveries make it through from other companies.

I will be raising the issue with Amazon too.

Desired outcome: Resolve my delivery address issue

9:04 am

Purolator - ID

So I walk 55 minutes to the store to get told my Id wasn't good enough what okay I accept a health card and a piece of mail is not good enough but for the employee to turn around and I do remember you and then still refuse me my package then called the contact center for them just tell me we can't help you after a pandemic wear nothing is open to get your id renewed and it takes 8 - q0 weeks because of backlog and the store only holds on to item for 5 days like wham I supposed to do other then call back the person who send and tell them not to deal with this company to much grief I mean the canada post doesn't make you go through this much hassle because they know where in a 3 year pandemic where lockdown after lockdown

Desired outcome: I just want my package that's all is that to much to ask for I'm begging you

T
8:23 am

Purolator - Delivery

Deliveries are constantly delayed, no updates prior to letting me know about the delays. Poor customer service and absolutely garbage at communication. How does this company exist?

My last 6 packages, all were delayed early in their trips. No updates were ever made letting me know about delays. I had to reach out to them to find out things were delayed, the day of. I have to go scrambling to find replacements for some of these delivers as getting the parts is time sensitive for what I'm doing. You're an absolute joke purolator and I'm sick of losing money because of your incompetence. Where I can, I make sure that anything I order isn't delivered through them. I have never had issues with DHL or Canpar but purolator is a constant point of sorrow with me.

Desired outcome: The government of Canada stops propping up this money bleeding circus and lets it finally go bankrupt.

12:15 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Purolator - Deliveries to Sicamous B.C.

puralator is chargeing for deliveries to sicamous b.C. But has a driver who refuses to make deliveries he says he is not paid enough to do so. I have a small buisness and receive deliveries to my address by multiple companies on a regular basis. Puralator is the only company that does not deliver to me and i have to drive 64 kilometers to retrieve un delivered orders. The puralator driver makes selected deliveries to sicamous. Puralator charges for deliveries to sicamous but does not do what they are chargeing for and forces companies to drive to salmon arm to retreive deliveries they have not made.

I have been doing buisness with puralator for many years at multiple adresses and have been happy with service. Now i am haveing to request companies do not ship puralator to me or my company. I have many international shipments.

Desired outcome: PURALATOR MAKE THE DELIVERIES THEY ARE CHARGEING FOR OR RECOMEND A DIFERENT CARRIER TO CUSTOMERS SHIPPING TO SICAMOUS B.C.

M
12:53 pm

Purolator - Package Not Delivered

I have never had any problems receiving items from this merchant via Canada Post. The second my shipment is routed to Purolator: disaster.

They took a photo of the package "delivered" -- a door that is plainly NOT mine, NO unit number indicated. Still, they are claiming that they delivered it -- delivered where? I can see it for sure isn't my apartment. No attempt to follow any instructions.

When I called in for assistance, they told me the delivery agent was new and that he didn't even make it onto my floor according to the GPS. They sent it to investigations and told me I would hear within 24 hours. 3 days later I hear back "nothing yet." It took one week to hear from the original trace agent, Mary LeBlanc, and when she finally got back to me it was to close my case without ever having asked me for information or communicated with me at all. How do you know anything about my case to close it?

Horrible service.

Desired outcome: I would like to escalate this and speak to someone from Client Care. I'd like to know more on why packages from the same merchant get routed to both Canada Post & Purolator -- I intend to avidly, avidly avoid Purolator wherever possible.

K
11:37 am

Purolator - Customer Service

Hey there,

We have a large account with Purolator.

We have had numerous problems with customer service over the past few months, most of which have gone unresolved with questions unanswered.

I've just gotten of the phone with a customer service representative named Barry- Barry would not divulge any more information about himself to properly identify him as an employee. Barry refused to provide an employee ID number when asked, however stated that he had been with the company for 19 years.

I would think with 19 years of experience Barry would have much better phone etiquette. This was not the case, Barry was rude and unhelpful. Perhaps Barry needs a refresher on how to appropriately speak to customers, or maybe its time for him to retire.

Desired outcome: Re-training Retire

7:52 pm

Purolator - Delivery Service

I have been using Purolator for client paperwork for the past 4 years. My clients have automatic pick up scheduled every Tuesday and the packages are delivered to me on Thursday. I am paying for 2 day delivery. NOW, packages are taking anywhere from 3 to 10 business days, usually landing in the 7-10 day range. Also, more often than not, the packages are coming damaged, dirty and/or torn. Purolator is still charging me for 2 day delivery and offering all kinds of excuses including that they no longer guarantee delivery at all in BC on manual way bills - that were computer generated/printed by Purolator themselves - yet continue to charge for 2 day delivery with no discounting for complete loss of service and guarantees. How is this even legal?

Desired outcome: Either get back to the delivery schedule they are charging me for or lower the rates to reflect 10 day, non-guaranteed delivery.

Update by Brenda497
Mar 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Pick any tracking number from my account. There are dozens to pick from.

D
8:29 pm

Purolator - False information by the delivery driver

On March 16 2022 I received an e-mail from Purolator stating that the driver had unsuccessfuly attempted to deliver a package to my home at 50 Summerlea in St-Zotique at 13:50 hours. The driver stated that no one was home and that he had left a notice to pick up the item at Vaudreuil Quebec. This was totally untrue as I spent all afternoon outside removing Xmas decorations.No notice was left on that day. On March 17, I drove 45 minutes to Vaudreuil to pick up the item and referred my issue with the receptionist there at that time. On March 18 a notice was attached to my mail box . The notice was dated March 16 at 13:50 hrs. This notice was now 2 days old not excluding that the item in question was already picked up by myself on March 17..

Not only did the driver provide false information but I also had to drive 45 minutes to pick up my item when gasoline is at $2.00 per liter not excluding that I already paid shipping costs to Purolator

p.s shipping # was 333426316167 route / 827

Desired outcome: please at least refund my shipping costs and please talk to the driver in question as this is not the first time this happens. Other neighbours have also had the same experience514-772-0327

J
4:51 pm

Purolator - Purolator gave away/ stole my $1300 Dell Computer

I received a notice on my door from Pulolator saying my package (A Dell desktop computer) was available for pick up. I was told I would need Valid government issued ID. Or I would not be able to pick it up. I went to pick it up and was told by the lady working there that she had already given my package to someone who DID NOT have valid government issued ID. Her claim was that someone had come there with my reference number and showed her a picture on his phone of a license that had my name and address and his picture (likely a photo- shopped license that anyone can make) .. this is NOT Valid ID so why would she give it to this person?. I was told I could only get this item if I had ID which I do. But her claim is she gave it to someone who didn't have the paper notice that was left on my door. And didn't have ID. Now Purolator refuses to help me or take responsibility. Meanwhile I'm out $1300.. what a joke!

M

Frustrating to be sure.

Simply disputing the charge and having it reversed will place the issue back to the seller and shipper.

0 0

Purolator - Order tracking and delivery

I had purchased a very expensive monitor for my work from home setup through Amazon and the item was shipped using Purolator's services.

The initial date of delivery was the 24th of Feb. This kept on being moved and no update was sent to me on why this was happening.

Upon checking on the tracking status; all I see now is that the parcel has been delayed due to "Natural disaster in your area". I've been living here for the last 15 years and one would think that they would know of any "Natural disasters" in their area or country.

Anyways, after calling their phone support on a daily basis one agent admitted to the parcel having arrived at a depot which is around 1:15hrs from the delivery address however it has not been sorted and should be on a truck soon.

This soon has transpired into a week and still no updates. Again upon repeated calls they open a special investigation. I get one correspondence from the person assigned that they are looking into this and will provide an update as and when available. Again no commitments to a timeline.

Days pass by and I keep at it with calling support and all they have to say is the package is not lost (atleast from what they know as of now); however they do not know where it is and will get in touch once they find it. Still not dates that they would commit or no courtesy calls to the customer updating them of any progress. Their answer is to just wait endlessly.

Amazon support basically said its with the courier and they cannot do much with their delay.

In this entire conversation they have denied my request to have a contact number or email of a manager or person of more authority to raise my concerns with. All they say is the investigating person will get back which clearly has not happened and I doubt ever will.

Purolator, being one of the most recognized names in this industry; i am truly shocked by their lack of accountability and extremely poor customer service. As a customer they have closed all doors for me and left me at their mercy for receiving a product I spent more than $1500 for and cannot use for my work. By far the most pathetic service I've ever encountered from any service oriented business.

J
8:57 am

Purolator - Purolator

We have been waiting for a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 3rd of march, it is now the 8th of march, information received notifies that it is held up due to weather conditions, the weather has been fine for the past 3 days, so no real excuse, tracking number is dcm018872866. Purolator 5 Industry Ave

B5A 4B6 Yarmouth

Nova Scotia - Canada

not happy or satisfied JT.

Mar 08, 2022 4:37 pm

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TO! in fall river, package made it to halifax from pickering in less than 18 hours .. and now delayed due to what.. a cloud in the sky?

I was also told they could not hold it at the depot today because it was not scanned for delivery .. even though they can confirm it is there?

the virtual chat assistant agent - Lori C also ended the chat without providing me a measure for making a complaint

0 0
A
1:18 pm

Purolator - Delivery / Communication

I have a tracking number. I had two packages that were being delivered. One was delivered with NO ISSUE to the address provided. The other package, i kept having to check online and received ZERO updates to the number or email i provided. I had to do an address change X3. I was getting my package sent to a purolator business in my town. They got the address change. Three days go bye and once again... ONLINE i checked and it states address needs to be updated again cannot be delivered. On hold no one answers, i use the chat online and the individual states she is unable to track anything and to check back tomorrow. Then comes back and states oh yes you need an address change, YES I KNOW FOR THE 4TH TIME. In the end i have to drive 45 min to go pick up my package becuase now im being told they cannot deliver it to their own companies purolator business. The package is heavy so they need two people to deliver it. That is not my issue, or if that is the case maybe inform me or keep me informed instead of zero communication.

Worst experience ever and I have never waisted my time leaving reviews

Desired outcome: I am having to drive to pick up my own package, communicate with myself about where my package is and why its not being delivered. Reimburse my travel i should have just picked up from the business instead of going through Purolator.

8:57 pm

Purolator - Deliveries

I have a company run from my home acreage in Sicamous B.C. the Puralator driver makes limited business deliveries in Sicamous but will not deliver to me. He stated to me that he is not paid enough to deliver them all, even though he delivers to an address down the road from me. Companies shipping to me are charged for deliveries to Sicamous but I have to drive to Salmon Arm to pick up shipments to me and my company. That is a 64 Km round trip drive for me.

Desired outcome: Puralator to make deliveries to the towns they are charging for delivery to.

D
10:50 pm

Purolator - Delivery driver

Worst service ever I received in my life. He appeared impaired on some drugs or is mental case naturally. Refused to give me my package even I told him who I was. He asked for signature and was running away from me with my package and he never let me signed it. His explanations and way how he talked to me were at level of insanity. Somehow, I got my package from him. Never send that guy to deliver anything to me again please, because I feel worried about my safety. He is ruining clearly reputation of Purolator. Tracking ID AVY005066035

Desired outcome: Please i do not want to see his face ever again my life

6:36 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Purolator - Driver - rude!

I am a taxi driver, was parked at Penner Farm Services, Lacombe Ab.
4pm, Tuesday Jan 25th.
Parked in front of bay door, waiting to pick up a customer. A Purolator truck pulls up behind me, lays on the horn, and throws up her arms. So I move my van. She pulls in, basically staring me down.
License plate # was U-86303.
That was so not called for, very rude.

Desired outcome: Maybe her supervisor can tell her to have some sort of manners, and customer service.

Purolator contacts