Menu
UPS company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1764 complaints
202 resolved 1562 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of UPS. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:55 am

UPS - Delivery Service

I do not know or understand what is going on with UPS and making deliveries to my residence: 33780 Huntington Road, Glenwood, WV 25520. For over the past month, almost every time I am notified I will have a delivery, it never comes. The message I get with checking the Tracking Info, attempted to deliver or item being held.

I have made numerous calls to UPS to inquire personally and have informed UPS there was no attempt to deliver as I was home all day. There really seems to be unreliability upon the part of the drivers working the route or the terminal employees are not putting package on correct truck for delivery. But most frustrating is trying to reach a REAL LIVE person to speak to about the troubles having to get my deliveries. After screaming to the automation system for 5 minutes, finally I get dispatched to a live breathing representative.

It is not UPS has never been to my residence as I am a customer of AMAZON and get orders from there several times a month. At my old address there was NEVER any issues with my deliveries. But now I have to call and give driving instructions since moving here in March. Most of the time, I get the response that my packages are being held for WILL CALL. I pay good money for the Amazon Prime membership which includes delivery and I am certain UPS gets paid handsomely for delivery of packages ordered through Amazon.

I almost always have to call UPS with delivery instructions: Huntington Road which is aka Rt 2 running along the Ohio River. My residence is less than ½ mile N of Rivers Edge Campgrounds. First left driveway above campground. Our house is beige with green roof, white vinyl deck completely around the house. Our house is built 14' above ground. Noah’s Ark!. If drivers cross RR tracks at Ashton-Upton Road, they have passed my residence. I have given these instructions to UPS dozens of times trying to receive my merchandise. As many times as I have called, they should know the name instantly and where it needs to be delivered.

PLEASE PLEASE help me get a handle on this situation. I see UPS trucks several times a day going past my house, but they never can seem to find me for delivery.

I am attaching a map from UPS to my residence and driving instructions. May these need to be attached to ALL my packages to assist driver.

I do NOT accept deliveries on Sunday as that is the LORD'S DAY and we attend church therefore our driveway gate is locked.

Thank you for your assistance. I apology for typo or misspelled or poor grammar in my email. I have been so frustrated with UPS delivery service that I cannot express my feelings too well.

Libby Eplin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ADDITIONAL INFO

THIS IS A COPY OF MY EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE & GWILLIS

TRACKING #1Z2X714F0129744242

Mon, May 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Libby ([email protected])

To:[email protected] + 1 more Details

I placed an order with Amazon on May 18 for 4 separate lengths of solar rope lights. One set of lights were delivered Friday May 20 which was shipped under the Tracking number 1Z084E1V0357701357. The other three ropes were shipped under Tracking number 1Z2X714F0129744242 which was NOT delivered . Checking Amazon site it indicated that all 4 rope lights were delivered; . WRONG! I immediately called UPS customer service Friday afternoon and after speaking to an automatic idiot I was finally connected to a real, living person. Gave here my Tracking #, my address and directions to my house. She was to relay this information to terminal. She said my shipment would be delivered Saturday.

Saturday came and went, I called your automatic idiot again struggling to reach someone about my delivery. When I did talk with someone I was told that I could go to UPS and pick up my package. I told her no, my package was to be delivered to me, again giving my info to her and she said not to worry she would take care and everything would be good and I would get it Sunday. No I said, I go to church and no one would be here.

Today, I got noticed from Amazon that UPS made a delivery attempt today at 5:24 p.m. and 7:24 p.m. (Attachment #1) They will try again. IMPOSSIBLE. I don’t understand where Amazon is getting this information but I do know that the correct delivery address is on Amazon’s order info. I have been home ALL DAY and no UPS DELIVERY.

I again checked with Amazon to be informed UPS wasn't able to complete my delivery (Attachment #2). So I clicked Track you delivery to get the information on Attachment #3.

SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

I am personally attaching a delivery map from Huntington Terminal to my house and driving directions with picture of my house (Attachment #4 & #5). NO MORE DELAYS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU NEED YOUR JOB AND GET THIS INFORMATION TO UPS TERMINAL. As you can see, I am also contact UPS CORPORATE OFFICE ABOUT THIS ISSUE

I BELIEVE THAT THE PEOPLE I SPEAK WITH AFTER SCREAMING TO THE AUTOMATED IDIOT DO NOT CONTACT THE PROPER PEOPLE ABOUT MY DELIVERY. The very first time I had an issue with UPS, an employee at the Terminal personally called me...NOT HAS ANYONE CONTACTED SINCE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So you can understand my frustration with UPS and the customer service personnel as I can make no headway in getting my packages delivered. Why doesn’t the personnel at the terminal call me directly at 304-736-7253 to get info needed rather than me try to get the info to them by your customer service rep. It’s quite obvious that the terminal (station) where packages are being shipped from is NOT getting the info.

I hope this email will get to the proper person who can assist me in getting deliveries by UPS.

Desired outcome: need good communication and contact with local terminal station to get my packages delivered. I have called customer service 4 to 5 times, them promising to get this resolve, but it NEVER gets resolved

UPS - Package mistakenly routed to Canada

We sent a package next day air to a customer n Minnesota on 3/10/22. We had reused a box and removed previous labels/stickers, UPS flagged the box thinking it was hazardous material (no indication it contained hazardous material) and it sat in warehouse in Milwaukee. After several contacts and request to return package to us UPS sent the package to CANADA!...

D
1:34 pm

UPS - Loss and Damaged Packages

Two packages, one ending in tracking number 4990 - loss out of truck at distribution center at destination 5 months ago. UPS Corp.accepts that they lost package that the cannot find a 40lb + package.

They issued a claim to UPS Store- person who made the label. I the receiver and person who ship item from UPS store, has to contact the UPS store, which I was not informed, for them to contact back UPS Corp.to continue process of completed claim. UPS store nor UPS corp. does not communicate on details of process, call, or email with feedback unless one has to go directly to them. Call UPS Store, goes to voice message, and no call from them after 14 days UPS Corp sent them claim issue.

Desired outcome: Refund of claim requested, plus shipping cost, time, stress, pain in chasing after others as a customer. Bad customer experience

R
7:56 pm

UPS - Trying to file a claim for lost package. And I thought FedX was bad!

UPS has lost a package I had sent. I filed a claim. UPS looked into it - found the package was lost?! After that, UPS gave me all kinds of 'busy work' - verify values, verify claim #, verify tracking #, pictures, receipts, etc.

One I did all this, I never heard from UPS again. I have messaged a number of times - no response. It's been over a month now.

With my business, I tried FedX and they damaged my 1st shipment, so I switched, and have been using UPS. But I have to say, AT LEAST FEDX PAID FOR THE DAMAGE. UPS seems to just want to ignore the problem, and make a clam as difficult as they can.

Desired outcome: I would like UPS to follow up on this claim and pay me what they owe for the package AND all the time I am spending due to THEIR error and incompetence in handling this

7:42 pm

UPS - I’m not receiving my delivered items

Tracking # 1Z1Y4052YP09615754 was delivered on May 4 3:49pm/12127W7RYW49380706 Was delivered.

Replacement order Tracking number 1Z127W7RYW49550291

was delivered today May 10th at 2:20 pm

I’m not receiving any of my packages. Im very frustrated that I’m paying for items and not receiving them. Im not sure if the UPS delivery person is delivering to the wrong address. I’ve checked the mailbox porch area. Im requesting a full refund for my items purchased. This is happening quite often.

Please call 618-581-6359 to discuss

Tracy Jackson

3:55 pm

UPS - UPS Mail Innovations

My small business started using Mail Innovations services in Fall of 2019. Nearly immediately, our packages showed no movement, continuing for weeks during the holiday season.

After extensive effort to find out what was wrong with our packages ($60,000 worth) it was determined the subcontractor where our packages were being delivered had went out of business.

Hundreds of packages were simply sat on a loading dock to be stolen, day after day.

We received notification from UPS Mail Innovations that they were sending reimbursement checks, several times. These were "sent to the wrong address", and after many excuses they cut all contact just after the cutoff date for resolving missing packages.

Predatory tactics nearly sunk my small business, and Mail Innovations made no contact except collections calls to pay for the postage on all the packages they delivered to a loading dock of a company that was out of business.

Packages were picked up in Kingdom City, MO, and delivered to Kansas City, MO to a building where the subcontractor had recently went out of business.

Desired outcome: I would like the reimbursement checks we were told were sent multiple times, for the full amount that my small business was harmed. $60,000 was the monetary value, not counting the many customers we lost during the 2019 Holiday season.

C
1:51 pm

UPS - Delivery Service

I was tracking my package and saw that the truck was close, so I went out in front of my building. The driver passed the building without stopping and marked the package undeliverable, stating the reason was because there wasn't a unit number on the address. I live in the same building as a small shipping company and every time we get packages sent via UPS, the drivers deliver next door regardless of the unit number on the package.

Consistently, terrible service from UPS. If I knew in advance that the company I was ordering from used UPS, I would not do business with them. That is how bad the delivery service is; I'd rather do business with anyone else.

Desired outcome: Do their job and deliver packages?

2:41 pm

UPS - Packages are not delivered.

We have looked up tracking number 1Z6433W10350880104 and it is stuck in Duvlin, VA. This is the third time that a package has been sent out of Dublin only to be returned to the warehouse.

Desired outcome: We want 1Z6433W10350880104 delivered.

W
4:04 pm

UPS - Delivery in Canada

May 6, Kingston ON, CA. Exorbitant 'import fees' for package not delivered. I cannot stay home from work when the driver does not knock or ring or bother to leave a delivery notice, I lose a whole day and there is no guarantee they will even bother to attempt delivery. Every package from them in two cities so far (Montreal, Kingston) has been this way. It...

UPS - General Service

I would like to find out why it takes for deliveries to NOT be left at garage doors out in the rain and hot sun (I get a lot of perishable items sent to me). I have a nice walkway to the front door that has a covered porch so for most weather elements it would be protected (especially from rain). Boxes are never in a plastic bag so why do they leave them to sit out in the rain when the solution is right there: a covered porch. I will happily share my address if someone can get to the local hub to get this request in.

A
12:58 pm

UPS - Lost 36 inches baggage

It was only one bag in the first place, only one item to be picked up and delivered. The package was supposed to be picked up in Etobicoke-ON on Wednesday April 6 in the morning, the UPS driver arrived but the person supposed to hand it to the driver had a problem or complication with printing the label, so I had to reschedule the pick up to April 13th. It was picked up that day in the morning. Afterwards I called to see what day it was supposed to be delivered to Burnaby-BC, and I had to call as I could not track it as with the Tracking number it wouldn't show anything anymore, and I only had the reference number. I sent an email, as they wouldn't pick up, and they confirmed it was going to be delivered on the 21st Apr by the end of the day. It is may 5 and until then I have no answer to where it is, after all those days, they now asked me for a description of the luggage. Like for real?! where they actually trying to look for it in the first place?! I cannot process and accept the fact that it has still not appeared, or that no one knows where a 36 inches bag is! Like, how can you actually lose that in the first place. I am extremely upset and disappointed that so far there is not even a hint where it was, I dont understand that at all, especially considering its size. This is a really serious matter, because the bag is somewhere or in someone's possession, as they confirmed it arrived at the warehouse. I entrusted your services with this issue, with all my personal belongings, that is not something you can pass lightly on.

Desired outcome: Apologise and refund the full value of the bag which was over 1000 dollars, plus prejudices.

D
11:00 pm

UPS - Delivery of 2 (two) packages from CVS

I placed two orders with CVS on 4/16/22 - via email told that my packages would arrive on Thursday, 4/21/22. No packages were delivered on 4/20 or 4/21/22.

I checked the tracking numbers & discovered that they were delivered to my door by an UPS Driver on 4/20/21 per the tracking form. That did not happen because the gate was locked & they could not get into place package at door. I waited a few days and then checked at the local Post Office to see if the packages had been delivered there - NO PACKAGES!

See attached tracking information:

Proof of Delivery

Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number

HOOPA, CA , US

Received By

Left At

Front Door

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you. Details are only available for shipments delivered within the last 120 days. Please print for your records if you require this information after 120 days.

Sincerely,

Received By:

Proof of Delivery Open the link in a new window

Proof of Delivery

Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number

Left At

Front Door

Sincerely,

Tracking results provided by UPS: 05/04/2022 10:40 P.M. EST

Part of your order is on the way, Barbara!

Estimated delivery

image of Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash for Bad Breath, 16 OZ

Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash for Bad Breath, 16 OZ $5.99

Price:$5.99 ea.

Quantity:1

image of Sensodyne Repair and Protect Teeth Whitening Sensitive Toothpaste - 3.4 Ounces

Sensodyne Repair and Protect Teeth Whitening Sensitive Toothpaste - 3.4 Ounces $8.49

Price:$8.49 ea.

image of Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo, 13.5 OZ

Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo, 13.5 OZ $6.79

Price:$6.79 ea.

image of Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Conditioner, Lisse, 13.5 OZ

Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Conditioner, Lisse, 13.5 OZ $6.79

Price:$6.79 ea.

Track your shipment

Desired outcome: I would like an investigation into where these packages are & if unable to be found a refund would be the most appropriate outcome.Thank you!Deborah A. Roberts (orderer for Barbara Lewis)[email protected]

R
10:23 am

UPS - Delivery Driver Refuses to Deliver to my Address

About a year ago, my wife was walking our dog throughout our condo complex. The UPS guy began stalking her throughout her walk. He would randomly stop and smile at her, waving and being just blatantly creepy. He was a regular UPS driver in our complex, so he knew his route very well. Once he finished delivering to everyone, he drove off but purposely drove back in, just to slowly start following my wife during her walk. At one point, he drove by her after his 3rd attempt of coming back into the complex, just to hang himself out his door and smile back at her. She finally was able to lose track of him, and ran back into our condo, making sure he was not watching. After locking our door, she peaked behind our blinds and noticed he parked somewhat close to our condo, and sat there, looking around for her. He stayed for about 5 minutes, and then finally drove off. She told me everything that happened and I told her we need to report this to his supervisor. She ended up calling UPS corporate, and they were nice enough to say they would be contacting his facility and letting his supervisor know the details of what happened, along with my wife receiving a call back for more information.

His facility never called her and we never heard of anything that happened from the situation. About 2 weeks after the incident, we were getting a delivery from them. When he walked up to our condo, my wife freaked and jumped away from the window, just to make sure he did not see her and knows where she lives. I was already pissed off, so I opened the door and basically told him to stay away from my wife and stop being a creep. He of course, denied everything and claimed that there is alot of people that work in his facility that look like him. He drove off, and ever since then, he refused to deliver to us. He would say there was an attempt made, but he never really attempted the delivery. We complained to the company about 10 times and nothing came about of it. No call backs, nothing. He was just allowed to remain a creep and also refuse delivery.

I decided to change our account to all deliveries be sent to a UPS Access Point, instead of to our address, just so we do not miss any deliveries. But there has been a few times where for some reason the system did not catch that we do not want deliveries to our condo, and the UPS driver will "attempt" delivery, even though we have on our account that no signature is required. He instead puts in a claim that it was never loaded onto his truck. He even got to the point where he would leave our packages on top of our community mailbox, out in the open, so anyone can take it.

If I could somehow completely take myself off of any UPS deliveries in the future, that would be great. I understand they are a union, and they are all protected because of it, but it is not ok to allow a man to stalk someone, get called out for it, and get away with refusing delivery for no reason, just because he does not like us.

Disgusting UPS.

Desired outcome: Some sort of recognition that this man is refusing delivery to us and is getting away with it. I want to know if this has been discussed with his supervisor and why nothing has come about from it.

H
4:38 pm

UPS - Deliveries

All of my recent UPS shipments are getting picked from the local hub and dropped off at a UPS store in town (Statesboro, Georgia). Calls to UPS have been unproductive and I have only been told that ALL of the shippers are changing the delivery instructions the day of delivery. This is obviously a common problem as I have located numerous matching complaints. We are receiving text and email updates that state the package will be out for delivery tomorrow and then the next states the package is available for pick up at the UPS store. I have three tracking numbers and screens hots of the notifications.

Desired outcome: I would like packages delivered to my house or I would like a refund on all my packages that have been changed to pick up in store.

A
7:25 pm

UPS - Package damaged during transit.

Today, 4/23/2022, I received by UPS delivery, items I had ordered from a vendor. The package was torn open: the top of the package had been torn open and just folded back down, the corner of the package was torn from top to bottom. The package had been exposed to oil or some other material that left a soiled area.

The contents 'appeared' to have been gone thru. All the items I had ordered were in the package but I honestly do not know how they remained so due to the destruction of the package.

Desired outcome: I request an explanation of how packaging is destroyed while in UPS' care. This is the second delivery I have received within a week wherein the packaging had been destroyed.

1:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

UPS - I want my total back table cost, shipping cost.

I bought a tile top antique table in Pembroke Pines, FL from Tonya Dillard who lives in Pembroke Pines, FL. They are not wanting to pay for a poorly packaged tile table, that was not pack correctly told to me by the UPS Center in Barstow, CA The UPS person in Barstow is Carla 760-252-5766. She is only available in the mornings 9 AM to 11 AM. The store...

E
9:41 pm

UPS - A terrible company — 404-828-4900

UPS Corporate Affairs

UPS Corporate Customer Relations UPS Corporate Customer Relations

404-828-4900

724-925-4836

724-219-9056

After a BBB complaint we were contacted by UPS (above). if UPS does not help you dispute your transaction and cancel your payment with your credit company. When ordering from vendors let them know that UPS has become a persistent problem and DO NOT SHIP UPS. If you have to put "DO NOT SHIP UPS" before your name on the address.

Desired outcome: When ordering from vendors let them know that UPS has become a persistent problem and DO NOT SHIP UPS. If you have to put "DO NOT SHIP UPS" before your name on the address.

W
12:17 pm

UPS - failure to deliver

My name is Wesley Holderman Jr 4922 Old Page Rd , Durham N.C. 27703 I had 2 packages over the last 2 months disapear The last one valued at $5000. the record shows the driver delivered them but I never recieved the , I am prepared to file chatges against ups and the driver if the packages are not recieved immediately! 1ZAOF7844195015947 is the package number Phone #239-470-0783

Desired outcome: Package recovered and charges filed against driver (thief)

J
11:38 am

UPS - Delivery

The driver was so reckless! The package was destroyed and even my merchandise is all dent and can’t use it. Tracking info below

M

UPS - Delivery service to my apartment.

On 3/28/2022 I received an e-mail stating I am scheduled for a delivery by days end, I waited patiently for my phone to ring to let the delivery in the security gate... nothing. By 10 pm I received an e-mail stating that a delivery was attempted. I went outside to see if there was a notice from UPS, nothing.

I called Customer service and was assured another delivery attempt will be made the next day 3/29/2022. Today I received an e-mail stating a delivery will be attempted. Tonight I received another e-mail stating a delivery was attempted. My delivery instructions say dail 380 on the dail pad. This brings my cell phone and I let them in.

I receive deliveries from Amazon Prime, and FedEx deliveries, all of these deliveries get to my apartment which is located in LOS ANGELES. UPS must have some inept delivery personnel who are not doing their job. I should not have to go to some access point to get my delivery.

Desired outcome: Receive my delivery packages from UPS as I do from other delivery services.

May 02, 2022 2:05 pm

Like many of you I’m disappointed in the lack of concern, service and incompetence in which I received from UPS.

I paid for overnight delivery to receive an important item. I stayed home tracked the package ALL DAY that indicate the package was out for delivery by 7pm to receive an update at 5:59pm the package would be delivered the next day by 7pm😡

Of course I start off by calling the customer service 800.742.5877(that’s not customer friendly nor provided help). My next attempt was contacting the terminal the package was supposed to be delivered to. The manager who gave me the excuse that the package was delivered to another state and did not arrived to the terminal and out for delivery in which the message I received ALL DAY😡.

The impact of not getting this package delivered in the timely manner that I entrusted UPS to deliver has complicated many lives in a negative way. For the manager at UPS telling me ‘I’m sorry’ is not enough, STOP saying that😡.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS I WILL NEVER USE UPS AGAIN