Having problems with CVS?

CVS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2006. The latest review cost of prescription was posted on Jun 14, 2021. The latest complaint Goodrx coupons was resolved on Oct 19, 2020. CVS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1904 reviews. CVS has resolved 278 complaints.

CVS Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 746 7287 (Customer Service)
+1 888 607 4287 (CVS.com® and Mobile)
+1 866 389 2727 (MinuteClinic)
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CVS Customer Service. Initial CVS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CVS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CVS. Discuss the issues you have had with CVS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CVS Complaints & Reviews

CVSshorted medication

I went in to pick up an antibiotic for my sick friend who does not drive. First off, the pharmacy didn't have the drug ready. They had to call the office (on my insistence) to verify that it was for one Z-pack instead of one pill. One pill? Really? Anyway, they verified it was indeed the Z-pack (6 pills, 2 on day 1 and then one a day for 5 days). I got the package and didn't think I'd have to look at the box; that it would be complete. I dropped it off with my friend and started home. I get a call from her ten minutes later saying there was only 3 pills in the package, not 6. She lives 8 miles away from me. So now we have to return to the pharmacy (spending time and gas) on Friday to pick up the remaining three pills. Their mistake; someone from the pharmacy should deliver them TO her. And aren't those boxes checked before they are released? This was poor customer service from beginning to end.

CVScustomer service.

I visited a cvs store in mertarie Louisiana and I was sort of insalted and/ discriminated against. I was sort of in a rush and wanted to be in and out of the store because I was on my lunch brake. I want strain in and went to the front counter because I want wanting to purchase a iPhone charger; at first I did not see them so I counted shopping around the store look for the cable. Furthermore the cashier was behind the counter, never asked me do I need help or how could she assist me or anything. I went back the the front counter to ask when can I find an iPhone charger, she ignored me as if I where not there. I asked her politely I'm looking for a iPhone charger she ignored me again. I was not until I said I'm look for a cheap iPhone charge was then she replied. I might add That I was a little dirty but I was only because I had been at work, but on the other hand why so judgmental I displayed no up notions behavior was polite and patient the hole time, I feel the behavior the cashier exhibited was unexceptionable. I pay just like everyone else who comes in the store, I contributed to society just like every other hard working person.

• Po
        pobarjenkins Nov 01, 2017

You do not have any evidence that she discriminated against you. The cashier may just not be the most customer service oriented.

CVSpharmacy

I have used the pharmacy for 5+ years with no complaints. In the last 6 months, with staff changes and a new pharmacist, the entire department is horrible. They are rude, don't explain scripts, when asking questions-don't walk over to talk, instead yell from where they are standing so everyone can hear-which may I add is a clear violation of HIPPA. If my insurance allowed me to go elsewhere, I would. I have never been treated so poorly.

Yesterday, I was given a change in script from my primary for a pain killer. They refused to fill and stated they couldn't. When I repeated what my dr told them, they then stated that it was bc my insurance wouldn't cover. I called my insurance, they lied. Went to pick it up today, they didn't have it ready. When asked was very rude like I was wasting time. Complete disgusted in the service and sick of being treated like garbage every time I have to pick up a script.

CVScvs pharmacy, 637 lowell st peabody na

I have never been treated so badly in my life. Every time my dr writes a prescription for clonidine 0.3 they give me a very difficult time! They even went as far as to call my dr. And say I tried to fill 2 different clonidine prescriptions, which is a complete life! My insurance would never allow this. So now my dr thinks I abuse a blood pressure medication. They give me a huge attitude and make me feel so uncomfortable there. Unfortunately it's the closest pharmacy to me and i'm kind of stuck. They also always question how my prescription is written just to hassle me. I've never felt so utterly disrespected in my life. They make me feel like i'm a drug addict when it's not even a controlled substance. All my friends saytheyre awful as well. Why isn t anytyhing ever done to represent these people?!? It's sickening what they get away with!!! The head pharmacists name is jeff and he's a terrible person

CVS — gold emblem sugar free

We purchased several bags of cinnamon cherry peppermint and root barrels and they are melted and in her candy...

CVS — rudeness and harassment by employees store#2798

On 10/27/2017 at 7:00AM, I was approached by a man named Cletus and Ron, both of which said that I needed to...

CVSrude staff

I have been a loyal CVS customer for many years (30 plus). This is the first time I have ever encountered rudeness at a CVS Pharmacy. The staff are always warm, helpful and extremely polite. Today I was shocked by the rude and unhelpful behavior of Viridiana at Park Cedar Drive, Charlotte NC. If she is working the next time I am at the pharmacy I will leave as I do not want to work with her again. (She doesn't reflect on the business with her attitude and lack of people skills.)
          Thanks for your help.
          Suzanne Elsberry Schweikert

CVSfilthy unsanitary mens bathroom

Have already sent in complaint...no reply as I expected. On more than one occasion i have used the mens room at the N. George St. CVS in York PA. while there to pick up prescription. Some time in past it was that bad I pointed it out to the manager...well obviously it is not something she cares to really take care of, stay on top of or worry about! Its disgusting. Has not been thoroughly cleaned in a long long time. It is pretty much always dirty. My next step is to contact the health inspector of York. Afterall it is a Pharmacy and a Public place. I will be happy to send pictures of the mess that I have if someone really cares at all? I believe it may be time to move my business to Walmart...

CVSdicyclomine 20 mg capsules

My doctor (Dr Slattery) wrote a prescription for this 20 mg capsule. I have no insurance, so I went to the CVS closest to my job to fill it. I asked they young lady in the pharmacy how much this would cost. She told me it would be $16.00. I asked her to have it filled.
              When I went back to pick up the Rx, they told me it would be $27.60. I asked why and they told me the 20 mg was on back order and they had to give me twice as many of the 10 mg. I said is that not the same thing and cost. She said it doesn't work that way and it would be more money. I asked that when I come back next month, if they have the 20 mg dosage, it would be $16. She said once they fill the prescription as 10 mg, they can't change it to 20 mg (even though the doctor wrote it for 20 mg) and it would still cost me $27.60 (?!?!)
              I paid the $27.60 just so I could get the medication, but I will be calling my doctor next month to write me another Rx for this medication so I can bring it somewhere else.
              I don't appreciate the double talk just to get a few more dollars from me.

CVSunethical behaviour

Incident happen on Monday October 23, 2017 at 7:10PM

Unfortunately I have to tell this horrible story again, Last night My young daughter I went to our local CVS store located on 1520 Northampton street Easton pa 18042.

The store had several customers waiting on line as the cashier rang people up. I was fourth in line with a large family behind me. My daughter had picked up the wrong batteries and I simply got off the line for a second the switch them out. When I walked back to my daughter the cashier (woman) by the name Nikta was extremely rude towards me and told me to go to the back of the line . I had explained to her that the little girl standing was my child I just had to switch the batteries . She began to use profanity and say that " I had to take my [censor] to the back of the line " I began to get angry not only do I have my young child with me but I am five months pregnant and I've been waiting patently in a line that just had several individuals in front of me. This Woman Nikta was unprofessional, Rude, Has no sense of customer service and was extremely wrong to treat someone that way. After her calling me a "[censor]" I finally took the batteries out of her hand and went to the back of the line . I have never in life experienced such embarrassment and use of unprofessionalism. I waited for the manager to come out of the back office and even with her supervisor in front of her did not stop her from being loud and rude yelling that I needed to leave. As I simply asked the manger for her name . Again all this happened while my daughter was in the presence and the family also next to me.
                while I was leaving Nikta yelled that I was a "black [censor]" and to Not come back. Which I will no longer do plus I will be letting all my family and friends know of what I went threw.

To think CVS is a family Store that at that location someone racist is
                working .

I apologize of using such horrible language in this form but I had to Voice how unethical this all was.

CVScustomer service

October 23, 2017, while shopping in the store last night, I noticed a member of management was reprimanding a colleague on the sales floor and not where customers could not hear the discussion. I feel it is a violation of this employees rights to be publicly humiliated because he did not like something that she did. She was trying really hard not to cry when she rang me out. I really liked her because she was pleasant. I agree that she was right that it is a violation of privacy to have schedules posted where I as a customer could clearly read everything including who was working and the times that they are working.

CVScustomer service/cashier

I went to the cove's store located at 3030 west Dillard avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53218. I went to the register to check out my merchandise by a cashier named Jose.

He proceeded to bag my groceries and I ask for a second bag and he told me only one bag per customer. I ask him a second time for another bag and he said no and proceeded to help the next customer. I told him that I was a paying customer and would like to speak to the manager.

He stated the I am the manager. His name tag only said his Jose.

I ask him again to speak to the manager and he stated no.

I am filing this complaint because he was very rude and unprofessional.
                    I would like something done about this. No customer who spends their hard earned money should have to be treated like this. Thank you for your time

Mr. Glenn Taylor
                    Po Box 12830
                    Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53212

CVSregarding district manager and pharmacy manager at oak ridge in tn

It’s pretty disturbing to come across a DISTRUCT PHARMACY MANAGER AND A PHARMACY MANAGER for your Oak Ridge, TN store trash talking a former employee. It doesn’t matter whether they thought she wasn’t the best or not or that they were glad she is gone. That is absolutely distasteful, terrible service, and shows what kind of people they really are and what they think of their past and current employees. Shame on you all for allowing such things to go on!! Maybe you should re-evaluate your supervisors and let them know customers do see social media and what is posted. My business will now be taken elsewhere.

CVS — employee sexual harassment

An employee named Carlos at the 82nd Street & 1st Ave CVS in Manhattan was trying to help me find something...

CVSpharmacy manager

I cannot explain how frustrating it is for a patient to constantly get the wrong medication! My fiance has been on the same brand medication for years, has talked to numerous pharmacy managers, who have noted his account, and they still keep refilling the generic medication. Today he called in his refill for a brand medication. He called back to speak to a technician to see when it would be ready and again they stated it was for the generic and it was being filled. He then asked to speak with the pharmacy manager and she also stated the generic was being filled. I would like to know how many conversations we have to have with pharmacy staff before this basic task is completed correctly? This has happened over years with numerous pharmacy managers and notes in the computer stating the patient takes the brand! How is his prescription being changed from brand to generic when refilling a current prescription? The pharmacy manager, Aleisha, was very rude and not compassionate at all. She read the notes for brand herself, and how this same issue happened last time he picked up, but still could not offer advise on how to resolve this issue, nor did she tell us when it would be ready. In fact, she hung up! Why should a patient have to go through this frustration every time they order and pick up their refill? Please help!!

• On
                            One fight at a time Dec 18, 2017

1) Be sure the provider is signing "Dispense as Written" that should help somewhat.
                            2) Have the provider write of brand name in the sig. (For example: Take 1 tablet orally in the morning of BRAND NAME). This should also help.
                            3) Consider listing the generic as an allergy with the pharmacy. If you do this tell them you want the account noted that you have an adverse reaction to the generic but not to the brand.
                            4) Depending on why you are taking the brand over the generic, consider filing an "Adverse Event" form with the FDA. (Don't let the form daunt you. If you don't have an answer, leave that question blank).

CVS — unhelpful clerk

I need someone to tell me whether this is on me or on you guys. I don't like logging complaints, so if I...

CVSflu shot

This past Wed. I stopped at CVS in Ephrata, the clerk asked only for my birthdate & year, was told to come back Friday. On Friday, a different clerk said she didn't know why I was sent away till Friday. I was then told to wait for the pharmacist, I didn't mind waiting for 20 minutes, if the pharmacist was filling prescriptions, and he wasn't, but he kept waiting on newer people, and it went on and on. I felt that since I was there first, I should have been waited on before all the people that came after me. I finally got behind the last person he was waiting on, and then he called my name, he then told me to get behind the three newer people in line. I appreciate that CVS gives out free shots, but the procedure needs to be reviewed, first come, first served. I was the only person there for a flue shot, and it is a two minute procedure. I hope you will look into this. Thank you. Joe Grossman, a regular CVS customer.

CVSpharmacy

Store 9572. Pharmacist name Jisung Hwang. Month after month this pharmacist does not fill my prescriptions as promised. It was promised for yesterday but when I went to pick up today I was told that she"forgot". This is old and tired. Nothing but excuses from this crappy store. This is the same store that stole my controlled substances in the past. CVS employs [censor] and thieves. Your company may be the biggest but it is far from anywhere near the best.

• Updated by S Vaughn · Oct 18, 2017

Pharmacist Jisung Hwang is inept and does not properly fill prescriptions as promised. This has happened 3 month's in a row. She said that she"forgot". This is old and tired and absolutely unacceptable. Store# 9572 in Lakewood California.

CVSretail discounts @ checkout

On 10-8-17 my husband and I shopped in the front of the CVS store at the 135th St store in Overland Park, KS. We had coupon savings offers that were 30% and $10 off. After scanning my card I was told the discounts were not valid for us because the #s did not match. Evidently we have cards with 2 different #s that are attached to our key chains on 2 separate vehicles. The clerk told us she would have to void out the basket of items and ring it up again under the correct # using my wife's phone # to access that information. After calling the manager over, it was confirmed they would not honor the discount nor would they do the necessary void and start the checkout process over using the correct #. We did not buy the merchandise, went to another CVS store and bought everything we had with the discounts we thought we would receive from the 135th st. store. We constantly give raving feedback to your pharmacy department in that store, however we will never purchase a retail item from any CVS again. The extra inconvenience cost us about an hour along with the feeling of being treated as though we were trying to cheat on the bottom line.

CVSpharmacy

I just came from the hospital and the first cvs I went to at 2 in the morning told me they only had 2 of the 3 medications that I needed. And it was the only 24 hr cvs in my area so I had to wait until the next day to go to the other cvs because it’s not 24 hrs. The next day I go and drop of my Rx at the other pharmacy at 12 and they told me it would be ready at 2 I get there at 3:30, I waited the long drive thru line and the lady tells me I have no order for me in the system I told her to check again. She checks again and tells me it’s not ready and also that one of the medications they didn’t have there . And told me to go inside. I go inside after waiting the long line outside and she tells me to wait the line again, I proceeded to tell her why didn’t any one tell me this wasn’t ready or that one of my medications wasn’t here I would have gone to another! I leave to come back and pick up my rx because the line was too long ! I come back and they close the pharmacy! They wouldn’t even give me my rx back so I could go somewhere else ! I’m in a lot of pain and can’t keep driving everywhere to not have my [censor] medication !