Wendys / no receipt

1 Duluth, GA, United States Review updated:

i was at wendy's on 2/6/09 around 9:30pm. i order my food and got it
but they didn't give me the receipt so i asked cashier to give me my receipt but she told me there's receipt printer is broke so she couldn't give it to me. But i told her i need receipt and cashier got piss up so i told her to write it down for me if you don't have your receipt. So she did but only for total of $8.34 on blank sheet of paper. no description of what i bought. i think it is my right to have receipt when i buy something but cashier make me feel like im ask too much and cashier didn't even apologize to me...

Comments

• Je
      20th of Mar, 2009

When the receipt printer is broken, it's broken. Unless you had reason to doubt that she rang in your order wrong, or were on the clock for work, it wasn't very necessary to take time out of her (closing!) work schedule to write a complete list of what you purchased, as a total would have sufficed, particularly if there was anyone in line after you, in which case you were holding up them as well.

• Ju
      3rd of Nov, 2016

While any person has the right to know what they paid for, there was no reason for you to act the way you did. She gave you your total. All you needed to do was ask her to read back to you what she rung in. In my opinion, you really were asking for too much, especially if the store was getting ready to close. The printer was broken, and it's out of an average employee's control at that point. You really didn't deserve an apology for something she already explained to you just because you feel inconvenienced by a broken printer and not receiving an in-hand receipt. Just a complaint for nothing.