Menu

complaints

Wendy’s Complaints Summary

110 Resolved
1618 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Wendy’s with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wendy’s has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wendy’s. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wendy’s complaints 1728

Sort by:

Newest Wendy’s complaints

12:33 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at the Wendy’s Restaurant at 1661 Hyland Boulevard, Staten Island, NY (Store #1036) on Saturday, 12/23/2023 at 12:54 PM. I purchased my meal and was given a cup to draw my own drink from a choice of 2 machines. The first machine I attempted to use spit out the syrup instead of the syrup/seltzer mix. I then proceeded to use the second machine, which...

C
8:32 pm EST

Wendy’s Customer service

I went into Wendy's 512 Main St Buffalo, NY today 2/8/24 around 2:30 when I left my doctor's office. I was not feeling well but needed something to settle my stomach. I ordered chili and fries. He went to get the fries and chili. I asked him if the fries where hot. He said he did not know. I said I am only asking because if they are not hot I am only going to return it. He said return it then, I don't care. That is when I politely canceled my order. First of all he should not be touching the register/handling money then touching my food and he also should have offered to drop some fresh fries. Wendy's used to advertise that the fries would definitely be hot when ordered. I don't think he got the memo.

Desired outcome: The employee be spoken to.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Wendy’s representatives only. If you are affiliated with Wendy’s, please claim your business to access these details.

D
2:41 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 2/6/24, at the Wendy's on E. 96th Street in Indpls., IN ...Ordered this salad and the store did not have all the toppings; but would not refund money and GM very rude about it. Said they do not do refunds even if the issue is their fault. Said did not know they did not have all the toppings until it was sold to me. They took back my salad but no refund.

Is Wendy’s legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Wendy’s as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 6% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Wendy’s stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Wendy’s should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Wendy’s earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Wendy’s achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Wendy’s. The company provides a physical address, 7 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 6 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Wendy’s has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Wendys.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Wendy’s website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Wendys.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Wendy’s as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Wendy’s and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Wendy’s has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 6% of 1728 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Wendy’s protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Wendy’s. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
U
9:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

* denied employment based on lies and even the manger made something up and was allowing a minor to disrespect older adults and then allows the minor to do what ever he wanted and then disrespects and then goes on making snide remarks. This happen in morgantown wv and that the minor was given me dirty looks and then the middle finger but the manger on site...

7:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Justin McGraw I am a employee for Wendy's in Spartanburg SC 105 S Pine Street I am reaching out to you guys because I was taken off schedule because someone said the labor is high which is true but the general manager said someone told him that i just be standing around which is false he said he wouldn't know because he wasn't there he was at...

P
11:53 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pierre Bohamed [protected] [protected]@sbcglobal.net This morning I used drive-thru at store #4289 6181 Sepulveda Blvd Van Nuys CA 91411 and associate refused to scan my QR code for my points to be added to App She said I already gave you two dollars off and I said you need to scan my qr code so I get points added she said no so I received no points for...

N
5:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered a frosty and small chicken nuggets and was told to pull up to the window. Sat at the window for 20 minutes and was completely ignored. Staff could see me waiting and were talking and laughing, not doing any work. 40 minutes later some opened the window and asked if I paid. I wasn't even given any food yet. That person walked away and went back to...

S
5:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wow, we rarely are able to eat out, as it's too costly, but were very busy with errands and ran way over lunchtime, so stopped at Wendy's. My husband was hungry for a burger and I wanted a Frosty. Start with there was a VERY long line, and the 2 behind the counter seemed WAY overwhelmed with what was happening. It seemed quite a few people were at lunch...

H
5:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At about 2:10 PM today, 01/04/24, I ordered a Baconator Meal Combo at the Wendy's in Dublin, CA., drive through for lunch, however, when I got back to my job site to enjoy my lunch, I was given a different order that contained a Spicy Chicken Sandwich Combo meal. I had also asked for a Diet Coke with no ice and received a beverage with ice. The store i...

8:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 02 Jan 2024 at 11:11 am I placed a mobile order for carryout. When I arrived at the restaurant's drive-thru, I was told they did not see my order and that I needed to come in the store. When I entered the store and approached the counter, I looked at my phone for the order information and noticed that the place your order button. After selecting the...

S
3:54 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

date-1/1/2024 time @2:13pm 3 S Alliiance dr Goose Creek SC Manger on duty was ALISNA #3076 I went there to get a small chili frost and a #1 single w/cheese. when I got up to the window I ask the lady if I could have extra crackers and she said in a very nasty way I'm the manger I gave you 4 packs I told her I has for extra and she said that was extra 1st...

9:47 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On December 28 I visited the Wendy’s store number 6444 Highway 401 westbound Ingersoll and purchased a takeout order with a Canadian classic chicken sandwich salt some fries, Coke and a poutine. Everything was fine except the poutine was ice cold! We were already back on the highway when we discovered And could not eat the poutine, cold gravy, cold french fries it made me ill.

9:04 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Muskogee Oklahoma store manager Veronica Shanks is not doing a great job she has favorites she gives hours to her nephew and the employee she secretly having an affair with.. She cuts the employee hours she doesn't like she does nothing but walk around with her arms crossed she is not a good general manager

3:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wendy's restaurant #[protected] @ 909 Central Ave. Dover, NH overcharged me for my order and did not fill the order as requested. On 12/03/2023 @ 1:18 P.M. I placed my order #1012 by Host Emily for a Classic Asiago Club sandwich and requested that I receive a Lg Choc FstyCrm Cold Brew for my drink (advertised in the store window for $2.00 any size) instead of...

3:35 pm EST

Wendy’s Wendy's in Mitchell,In

I moved to this area about a month ago and have attempted to utilize the Wendy's drive thru at least 4 times. I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but today I was done. This location is always out of something. Today it was bacon and Dr. Pepper. I have twice attempted to order a salad, which I really like, and both times they were out of salad. There will only be a couple of cars in the drive-thru and the wait is ridiculous. Today I waited in line for 8 minutes, only myself and one other car, and then finally pulled up to the window, no one came to the window, but I could hear laughing and joking between coworkers through the open window. Not only is the customer service terrible, if no one is manning the window, it is a safety issue. I hope this location can get straightened out. It could be a great money maker if they could get their act together.

A
10:40 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After a long day on November 30th at 6:00 P.M. I drove through Wendy's and ordered an Apple Pecan Salad for my supper. I've done this many times and the salads were good. Upon arrival at home and opening my salad what I saw disgusted me. The lettuce was wilted sitting in water, the apples soft and brown, the berries covered with slime, the cheese and...

B
6:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wendy’s restaurant [protected]. 11/30/2023 time 5:29. Yes I tried to use one of YOUR coupons and she scanned and still said the same amount was due 😳. I had a 3.00 off 15.00 or more my total was 16.39 before taxes. This is not the first time this has happened. I also ordered the spicy nacho chicken got regular not spicy. Please make this right. Disappointed customer. Date 11/30/23 Time 5.29 PM Order 30057

B
6:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went thru the DT of Wendy's at Aloca Hwy store. I ordered the double stack biggie bag with a frosty and an extra 4pc nugget. I live 3.5 mi! SS away when I got home to eat the fries were so salty I couldn't eat them, my burger was dry and burnt. I told the girl at these Dow about the fries because I ate one. So in shut shell that was 6.46 shot down the rabbit hole. Also, I never got my receipt when I paid and I paid Sith cash.

C
7:27 pm EST

Wendy’s For service

Hello I bought 4 items for your company yesterday and I only received the item and I don't have any money to buy things from Wendy's restaurants and I am trying to find out what happened to my order I didn't receive my French fries and I also bought a bacon burger as well as a large chili but didn't receive my items only chili and I can't get ahold of someone who could replace my order [protected]@gmail.com I really need your help

G
1:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I came in with a reward for a free small chili and a $2 off a combo offer. I know that both of these can work together as they are separate benefits. I made a mistake and did not load the reward to the card properly before scanning. I asked to scan it again and she would not cancel the scan. I asked to just do the transaction over and she said she could...

Read full review of Wendy’s
How to file a complaint about Wendy’s?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize your main issue with Wendy's. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Order at Wendy's Downtown Location" or "Poor Customer Service at Wendy's on Main Street".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention key areas such as:

• The specific location and time of your visit to Wendy's.
  • The nature of the issue, whether it was related to food quality, hygiene, customer service, or incorrect billing.
  • Describe the order or service you received and how it did not meet expectations.
  • Include any interactions with Wendy's staff and their response to your issue.
  • Detail any steps you took to resolve the issue with Wendy's, including any communication with management.
  • Explain how this issue has personally affected you, such as causing inconvenience, health issues, or financial loss.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint, such as receipts, photos of the product, or correspondence with the company. Do not include sensitive personal information in your attachments.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from Wendy's, such as a refund, an apology, or corrective action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired outcome.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from Wendy's or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Overview of Wendy’s customer experience

Wendy's has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from customers lately. Many have complained about the quality of their food, with some saying that it is often cold and stale. Others have reported finding hair or other foreign objects in their meals. The customer service has also been criticized, with some saying that the staff is rude and unhelpful. Additionally, there have been complaints about long wait times in the drive-thru and incorrect orders. Overall, Wendy's seems to be struggling to meet the expectations of its customers, and many are left feeling disappointed and frustrated.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Wendy’s contacts