Walmart / bad customer service

United States, Kansas Review updated:
My mother likes to shop. She likes to shop way too much and upon helping her clean her house recently I found eleven DVD's from Walmart (still in their original wrapping WITH the walmart stickers on them) that she had purchased and either had duplicates of or didn't really want. I tried to return the DVD's to Walmart. I didn't have a reciept and I have no idea if the items were purchased within the last 90 days or not so I can totally respect them not accepting the return. It was the way I was treated that really upset me. When I first went up to the customer service counter to make my return. The woman behind the counter looked at me and then with out speaking to me turned around and got on the phone to the electronics department and "wispered" in to the reciever to have someone come up and look at the DVD's to see if they were stolen! The lady from electronics arrived and "inspected" each DVD. You would have thought she was looking for a bomb, she might as well have got out her magnifying glass. Then the lady from electronics leaves and the women behind the counter says that they have to call over a manager. The manager arrives and tells me that they can't accept the return becuase I have no reciept and the items are too old, they don't carry them anymore. Yea Right! So I had to stand around and wait 15 min while the DVD's were inspected and I was being accused of stealing them, but oh, NOW the DVD's are too old and the store dosen't carry them anymore so I cant return them!

N  11th of Mar, 2010 by