The Brick, Canada / deliver service

1 Leduc, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 780-986-1789

We bought a bed in March 2008 and had problems within 2 months. (the pillow top was a defect).
Call the store to trade out for a new bed, find one are told we would have to wait another 2 weeks for delivery.
They finally call us on Friday, Sept 5th/08 and say they will deliver on Saturday.
Saturday mornign we get a call saying they will delivery between 3-5pm that day (Sept. 6th).
No one shows up and no one called to say they were not coming. After waiting and waiting!
We call them, the salesman calls them and they say basically 'oh, well', and that we have to wait another week!
They call again Satuday Sept. 13th and say they will be here between 2-4. They show up at 1:30pm and refused to take off their shoes, had no booties to cover their shoes and then refused to take our old bed because we had no bed bag and they didn't have one on their truck!
They then refused to deliver our new bed (once again) because they were not taking our old bed.
The topping on the cake was that when I called my salesman he said he would be there in 5 minutes with bedbags.
The delivery guy went back to his truck and left. Just left! Not a call, not a 2 minute wait for the bags (which they are supposed to have on their truck int he first place). Nothing!
I will never, ever buy fromt he Brick again. Thier delivery service is crap, they have no customer service skills at all, are rude, unpreparerd, ignorant. There is NO such thing as customer service with the Brick!

Comments

• Sy
      29th of Sep, 2008

I am having similar problems. Three times they have scheduled to come over and don't show up and don't call and I sit around waiting for them all day as they don't give a specific time. Customer Service is rude and I have a very very difficult time reaching them by phone and they never call back when I leave a message. I have had to show up in person again to make appointments for the delivery people to come and they don't show up. I will never buy from The Brick again.

• By
      18th of Oct, 2008

Moved here and took advantage of do not pay for one year. After one year our mattress pillow top has come off, our couch has wear holes. our stove top cracked and our fridge gave out. All four complaints have been from the Brick has been we will take pictures of the problem or it was your fault or the people that does their warranty work takes up to two and a half months to get a part. If you read this do your self a favor and find places like sears that actually cares about their customers and have service people.

• Ca
      28th of Nov, 2008

I'M AFRICAN PEOLE I LIVE IN GHANA I'M LOOKING FORA SLIM GIRL I'M STUDENT

• Br
      1st of Dec, 2008

I just purchased from the Brick it was the greatest experience I have had
    at a retail store in years. It was a VIP event and we were greeted by red carpet they had Tim Hortons coffee and cookies! I have purchased from Sears and Leons and I must say never had service like this before. The delivery drivers brought us our furniture and set it all up ! They were very polite must say they never took their shoes off but that was due to safety reasons they explained. Shoes were clean. I dont understand that when people receive bad service they really over complain and cry. Hope people actually understand that not everyone is as perfect as they are ! Next time you have to wait 40 days for something pick it up ! If I needed it that bad and they missed it once I would go pick it up!

The brick was a great experience and I will tell everyone of the great service
    our family received.

• Ho
      24th of Mar, 2009

Hello everyone Im writing about the horrible service that the brick offers. I made payments to the company and i had to fight and argue about whether i made the payments or not. Eventually after all the arguing they finally found the payment!!! like what is that really? I can never get in touch with anyone from the company and the telephone self service centre is always busy. what kind of company is this. the statements that are being sent to me have the wrong amounts and the quotes that i get from the representatives are usually wrong or different then the paper bill. I would love a response from the manager of customer service. I believe that he or she owes me a phone call or a letter stating what they are doing to make this system better. enclosing i have to say that once i have this item paid off i will never ever ever buy anything from this company again thats for sure. if anyone else has these concerns i would love to hear from you. i would be willing to write a letter of complaints for everyone. anyway thats my story thats for letting me vent
    howietremblett@hotmail.com

• Ph
      25th of Jun, 2010

If anyone has a concern regarding The Brick, please call head office at 780 930-6000.

If you have a delivery concern please contact our delivery admin. dpt at
    780 930-6249

Please note: The comments posted on 2008-09-14 regarding Deliver Service has the wrong phone # posted.

• Sh
      15th of Oct, 2012

The delivery of my bed last Saturday was the worst experience I've ever had with any company. Written on my sales form, was instructions that the delivery personnel were to remove my old bed to the basement of my home. The person in charge complained constantly that it "was not his job" to move furniture for people ( I moved the box springs myself, prior to his arrival, and he only had to move the mattress) He claimed that he was paid by commission, and that he was merely "doing me a favour" by moving it downstairs. After stopping half way through the back door, he was expressing how he was"getting really pissed off' that he had to do this, and called the salesman to demand why he had to do this. he finally agreed, but complained constantly to me how he was "doing me a favour" I instructed them that they could not use the front door, as new floors were installed recently and they refused to take off their shoes. When I was on the phone with my salesman, they proceeded to walk around the house with the box springs, and went through the front, breaking my mosquito screen in the process (they didn't even tell me they had broke it, I only found out after they had left. As I was photocopying the delivery receipt, the driver continued to complain about how it wasn't his job to move the old mattress and we had some heated words in regards to his attitude, and lack of customer service. As he was exiting my yard, he turned to me, and said "don't worry man..I've got your address" I freaked, and asked if he was planning on following through on his threat to come back. He said "oh I didn't say anything" he then turned to his two workmates and said " did you guys hear me say anything?" They remained silent, but he was still complaining as they drove away. I've been trying to get my screen fixed now for three days, but the salesman keeps saying he'll get back to me.. 72 hours later, still nothing. I have left a message at the above phone number.. Sure hope I hear back.. I'm not going to let this one go...

12th of Jul, 2013

Hello everyone I am writing about the horrible service that the brick offers once again. I purchased a sectional couch. When it is delivered, the delivery guys were terrible. They were banging things against the wall and ceiling. When unpacked the pieces, they through everything all over the place. Screws did not fit. They left one side of the couch with legs and the other side not. Rushed to leave without looking after fixing the mess they left. When called customer services what an attitude. Simply Never again to go through this. Never buy from the Brick.

• Av
      19th of Oct, 2017

I bought a loveseat on Aug. 2, 2017and paid in full. It had some defects so I was told to go back to the Hamilton store and could upgrade to new one. Went back on Aug. 4th and picked out new loveseat and swatch. The sign said Made In Canada, one of the excuses for delay was that it can take longer if from overseas. But it says made in Canada not overseas. BS.Salesperson said it would be delivered by Sept 19th. Called in Sept told not ready till end of Oct. Called in Oct told backlogged not ready till start of Nov. Sent complaint emails and magically the loveseat is ready to be delivered Oct 18 and they would take the first one back. The delivery comes wrong color and refused to take the other one back. Went back to store that nite and found out the color codes they had were not matching in computer. Whole time they refuse my refund! Now they tell me original will be picked up Oct 21 but new one could take 6-8wks. What a bunch of crap!