Sears Holdings, Isabela Puerto Rico / false advertising, taking our money falsely

1 Puerto Rico Review updated:

On Black Friday we wnet to Isabela store and asked if they had refrigerator on sale in black. The saleman checked the computor and said it was in warehouse. We laid it away and on Saturday went and paid it off and as on Friday we were told it took 3 days to get. He called me today and said it would be January. I need it now and we asked manager to let me have floor sample and she would not. The warehouse DID NOT know it was a layaway when the saleman checked availablity. I think they need to substitute one for the same price but will not. I have bought from Sears in Virginia for 40 years and would never have been treated like this. I feel I was discriminated against for I am an AMerican. SHe would have figured out a way to help a Puerto RIcan. We have to go pick our money up tomorrow and will file a com[plaint with DACO in Puerto Rico.

Comments

5th of Jan, 2011

On Monday 1/3/11 I called MAyaguez store Optical department and spoke to a young man who spoke fairly good English. I asked if they took MAypre insurance my husband has and he said yes. We made the trip yesterday which is a problem for I am the only caregiver for my 87 year old mother. We live 35-40 miles from this store. The lady said they do not take Mayfre and of course the young man who told me was not there but the girl at the desk knew he talked to me and what he told me.I thought and hoped my bad experences with Sears was over. The district manager gave me his phone number but I have misplaced it. I was just another American that could tell anything to.
    anager that called me from Isabela to please call me again