The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sears Kenmore Elite Dishwasher — Fire Hazard
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Model number: 665.[protected]
Serial number: FR2303720
Replacement Parts: Dishwasher Heating Element Kit - 8194200 (Whirlpool)
This is one of several dishwashers (Sears Kenmore, Kitchenaid, Whirlpool) that use the same circuit board & heater. There are many of these dishwashers that have actually caught fire (www.kitchenaidfire.com). There have been recalls on some of these dishwashers. I have one of the dishwashers that have not been recalled. It caught fire, but luckily the circuit was broken before more than the circuit board was damaged. I replaced the circuit board and heater combination with the recommended repair kit. In less than a week, the same thing happened. Luckily, I was in the kitchen and noticed the smell before any major damage.
I have contacted Sears. They say they cannot do anything since there is no recall.
I have contacted Whirlpool (manufacturer). They said they cannot do anything since Sears requires all post sale issues with Kenmore appliances.
This is a major safety issue! I cannot believe that all these have not been recalled! The only difference between mine and the recall is that mine has a stainless steel tub and not the plastic tub. This is at a minimum irresponsible and should be felonious!
I have been a loyal Sears purchaser (especially all appliances, lawn/garden equipment, and tools). If nothing else is done with this issue, I will be eliminating my future Sears purchases and recommending the same to everyone I know.
More Sears Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund