Sears / re-stocking fee
I went into the Sears Store in Rego Park, New York, Saturday, September 20, to return a Sony 2-Speaker Home Theater System purchase on 09/05/2008
Using a very unprofessional and confrontational approach, I was told by their sales staff that there would be a 15% restocking fee The stereo was in the original box and looked like it had never been opened and brought back to the store within 2 weeks of purchase. I have a note from the store manager written all items received.
The restocking fee does not apply as the item was in the original box and packaging and met the requirements of Sears Return & Cancellations Policy
I also e-mailed and phoned their National Customer Relations to look into this. I explained to the representative that the product returned was in the original box. She then changed the reason for the 15% fee! Open box!. Never again SEARS!
Below is a link to Sears.com for Return & Cancellations Policy.
Returns & Cancellations
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back
Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, simply return your purchase in its original packaging, with your original packing slip and sears.com Order Confirmation E-mail Receipt within 90 days of your purchase, 30 days for Home Electronics and Mattresses for a refund or exchange. If you are not satisfied with your purchase after these time periods, please let us know. Your satisfaction is important to Sears.
• A 15% restocking fee applies on Tires, select Home Appliances, Home Electronics, Home Improvement, Household Goods, Lawn & Garden, and Automotive products not returned in the original box, unused, and containing all original product packaging and accessories.
• Special orders cancelled after 24 hours of purchase are subject to a 15% order cancellation fee
For mailable and home delivery items, see our returns options below. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. For additional questions on sears.com returns or order inquiries, email [protected]@customerservice.sears.com.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - ge dryer
- Sears Brands - kenmore refrigerator
- Sears Brands - customer support
- Sears - maintenance agreement
- Sears Home Appliance Service - sears in-home appliance service