Sears Credit Card Services — bad service
This is more of a warning than a complaint. My mom had a very negative and frustrating experience and has wanted me to post it on the internet to help others from experiencing the same.
My mom has had a Sears Credit Card for about 8-9 years. I came home from the mainland in 2006 and found a very large charge on her statment, in the amount around $60-$70. It turned out to be some kind of protection plan for the card.
Thing is, my mom said she never signed up for any plan. I spoke to a phone representative and was told that my mom signed for it with one of those $2.00 checks. I requested a copy of that be sent.
First I was told they would send it and it would take 7-10 business days. 2 weeks later, I called again and requested it again. Same thing. 2 weeks after, I was told that they did not have it and that they do not keep things on file that are more than 3 years old. I told them that it was ridiculous, as it is THE ORIGINAL proof or document that initiated the program in the first place.
We contacted the BBB and filled out the forms. However, we were told nothing could be done about it, as there weren't enough complaints at the time.
Sears credited back one amount. The annual fee kept being charged over 5 years. That would be up to $350, but then add to that interest. My mom was out a large amount of money.
Well, needless to say we cancelled the membership. Then after being abroad for a year, I returned and went through her bills. Another "plan" was being charged monthly. My mother did not sign up for this either!
English is not my mom's native language and her English reading skills are not very good. My mom feels that she was taken advantage of, because of this fact. Well, we cancelled the card all together.
So, to anyone who will listen, please be very careful with your Sears Credit Card. We hope this post prevents the horrible experience that my mom went through. If you have already experienced it, we are very sorry. Thank you for reading and good luck.
More Sears Credit Card Services Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund