Lowe's / we don't want to work for lowe's much longer!
We are an Installer for Lowe’s. Lowe’s Installers are base on score of 89% or better. We have a 95%-98% overall score. We don't want to work for Lowe's much longer.
Lowe's has a rotation to make it fair for Installers to get a fair share of work from which ever store they choose to be in.
We were asked many times to do another store that was to far for us to go out to daily, it would have made us take a loss. We refused to do that store. In the end we have been pulled off rotation from most of our stores. We had enough work for 3 crews. We had to let them all go. We did about 3-5 jobs a week for the past few years to now 3-4 jobs a month.
There is one person that is really in charge hiring and who gets what store and how many jobs they do in a whole from all the stores. It should be based on your score, but it seems it not the case. The AIM (Area Install Manager) has the power to starve or give life, depending on the mood.
We stood up to the AIM; we told him we would take a loss if we went to that store. We even talked to someone in Corporate, Now Lowe's is starving us out of business. What’s (Rotation) really for? Why take your best installer out and put in installers that don't or can't do the jobs? Why do we know this? We get more jobs from stores now, that the installer cant do the job or won't that would otherwise go to us in the first time. We just ran into one that the installer tried to sell his own materials to the customer when it should be though the store.
The Worst thing we ever ran into was having to save a neighbors life behind the customers house in the middle of one of our fence installs, mind you we had to break down part of the neighbors fence to get to him. Which we fixed later. He called us Lowe's Angels. A near Quadriplegic stuck on his floor for 24hrs ain't too good after his electric chair flipped on him.
Can someone help us understand why we got kicked out of all those stores with a 95% or better score?
It won't matter soon, we hope to have a better contract with another company that appreciates our work.
This will be the first time we have had to advertise to stay in business.
More Lowe's Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - kitchen and bath installation
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - major appliances online dept
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - harbor breeze crosswinds ii ceiling fan
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - kitchen cabinet install
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - lowes employees