Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa Logo

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa

Having problems with Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa?

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa Customer Service Contacts

+27 314 609 711 (Head Office)
+27 861 003 339 (Customer Enquiries)
135 Teakwood Road, Jacobs

1 Platt Street, Barberton

Kwazulu-Natal
Fax: +27 314 609 800
135 Teakwood Rd, Jacobs, 4052, Durban

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa Customer Service. Initial Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa. Discuss the issues you have had with Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa Complaints & Reviews

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaNo service of communication

About 6 weeks ago I dutifully followed the Defy website request for me to upload my appliance repair question to request a quote - which I did with photographs. I've never had a reply.

I then called the call center, who told me to send a WhatsApp message with photographs to a number they gave me - no-one has ever responded.

I called the call center again and a technician was booked to visit my home.
The technician has made 3 separate appointments and has not ever arrived.

I have to stay at home to make the call out payment, so clearly Defy has no respect for my time and doesn't bother to monitor their communication platforms.

I will not be buying Defy products in the future.

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDBO462 serial [protected]

A misplaced element wire rubbed against the thermo motor, causing a shortage and welded the rotor to the housing. I got the rotor to turn again, done the necessary repairs and added tie-wraps to keep the wires away from the motor. Everything seems to be working fine again, but I hope there will no damage further down the line
    I was the first and only person that worked on this oven, so clearly the factory should take care to prevent this from happening

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy DWD318

We purchased this item via Teljoy. We have had the machine since the 4th Jan 2021.

First of all the HomeWhiz app doesn't even connect/work here in South Africa. It doesn't even detect the machine serial number, let alone Bluetooth.

Secondly, the machine squeaks immensely when washing and when it spins it is so loud you can't even hear yourself think. The machine rattles, lifts up when spinning and you can't even change the spine setting on any of the wash and dry modes, it is set at 1200 and when I try adjust it refuses.

The drying is a joke, iron/hanger dry, it comes out more creased then before it went in the machine, and then to actually iron it after properly takes twice the time cause the creases from the machine are so Inbeded.

This machine is so noisy and loud, I have my downstairs neighbours complain cause of how the machine vibrates and rattles so loud.

I have to stand against the machine to hold it cause it shakes and lifts up. As for the squeaking well that is the rubber and drum issue on its own.

I am highly disappointed in this machine and I want Defy to come get it and to cancel all services with Teljoy. I will never recommend this machine to ANYONE!.

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy oven

Bought the oven at OK Furniture on the 27th of November. On the 28th we used the oven for pies. The inner glass of oven bursted. Phoned OK Furniture, they referred us to Defy, phoned Defy, first they were waiting for the glass, then few days later apparently the technician were on his way, but never came. Defy doesn't bother to phone us back with feedback, everytime we're wasting our airtime to phone Defy but they don't have any news for us. It's been 2 weeks, we can't use the oven, can't make food. This is really unacceptable!

Dec 12, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Defy 621l sxs fridge

I recently logged in call for a Defy side by side fridge, that was bought in January 2020 in Wonderpark Game...

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy gas stove/electric oven

Good day, I have ordered a thermo fan for my gas stove with electric oven from the Bloemfontein Defy branch about 4 weeks ago. I frequently follow up with phone calls on the order progress but with only promises they will get back to me.
          I am really not happy with this branch way of handing orders.
          Defy GDS 183

Nov 02, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Larder upright fridge dfd446/447

Herewith my conversation with the Field Service Manager Cape Town. My email to him: On request, I had to...

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy oven

I am having a problem with the technicians fixing my defy oven.. It has been more than a week since the first time I phoned them but they haven't pitched up yet.. I phoned them for the third time already in this past week to get my oven fixed.. The server's lady keep on making excuses...
            Defy tafelberg furniture tokai
            Ref:1353987 (complaint ref)
            [protected]

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa600mm 3 gas burner/ 1plt gas/elec

I purchased a Defy Gas Electric Stove on the 13/10/2020 online from Makro. Was delivered on the 15/10/2020. 2 Screws was missing at the back and the oven wasn't working. I logged a call with Makro and with Defy. A technician came out 20/10/2020. Oven goes on but the light is not working. I have paid a lot of money for this unit. I have contacted Makro again this morning requesting for the unit to be replaced. I don't want this to be fixed as it's been faulty from day one! I was advised that Defy will have to make that call. I don't want any technicians to come out - I want this unit to be collected and replaced. I am well within my rights to request this. Please see to it that this matter is resolved asap!

RESOLVED

I have refered this directly to defy.

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy dishwasher ddw232

Good morning,

I bought a dishwasher on special from Pick 'n Pay Kolennade Retail Park a couple of months ago as it was on special.

I was very excited about the product even though I knew I would not be able to use it for a time. But wanted to buy it as I am gathering all my household needs as I had money to do so.

However, now, it turns out, if I place regular size plates in the dishwasher the nozzle that covers the bottom tray with water is too low and therefore clashes with regular size plates... How did you design a product and sell it and it can't commit to the most basic functions of a dishwasher? Wash my dinner plates?

Please get back to me in this regard, it would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lelani Louw
                [protected]

Sep 22, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Washing machine laundromaid 1300 m

I sent the washing machine to Defy Authorised Repair Centre in Springfield (Durban) on 20 July 2020. The...

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDishwasher ddw176

We purchased the dishwaher 25 March 2017, on Saturday 29th August 2020 I walked into a flooded kitchen. On inspection my Husband established the Seam at the back of the Dishwasher that forms part of the cabinet had burst. I called Defy SA and they refereed me to a Defy Agent in Pietermaritzburg. the agent came out and confirmed there was a defect that is unknown in the cabinet causing the seam to burst, they had never seen this ever before and suggested I refer it back to DEfY as it could be a manufacturing defect. I called Defy today 1st September 2020. because it is out of warranty they were not interested and said technican must Quote on a new cabinet. based that this knowledge that the defect has never been seen before, surely Defy would investigate the cause. beside my cupboards have also been water damaged. which is even more money to have repaired. just shattered that they wont even look into the problem, which is clearly not the norm. any advise to handle this further.

Aug 31, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — defy c 367

defy c 367. I bought a solar fridge-freezer on the 07/12/2018. I started having problems with the above on...

Aug 18, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Dishwasher

Good day Im really disappointed in the service im receving from defy. My dishwasher stop working over 3...

Aug 10, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Service delivery from defy service center about broken defy front loader 6kg

On 17/07 I logged a email with Macro Cares, as the automatic Defy washing machine was purchased through...

Jul 24, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — No service delivered

Hi Team I called into Defy on Monday the 20 July at 08:00 to request for a technician to come and fix my...

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaService departments

On Fri 26 June I took my microwave to the service department for repairs, service was quick and efficient. Two weeks went by no response, I phoned only to find out that they could not find the model on their system and could not fix it. I researched and did job for them, I found correct model and only now they are fixing. At a very expensive costs.

Service departments

Defy Appliances / Defy South AfricaDefy dIshwasher

On 17 November 2017 I purchased a Defy Dish Washer from Hyperama Mayville. I took out an extended guarantee which will expire in
                      2023
                      On 3 June 2020 I phoned them and asked them to arrange with Defy to send somebody to fix my dishwasher
                      On 9 June Hyperama's Insurance company send me a SMS with a reference number to assure me that the complaint was logged.
                      Friday 19 June I phoned Hyperama again, where I was told that they get no joy from Defy, and suggested I file a complaint with Defy.
                      Please arrange for a technician to come out and fix my dishwasher, as it is almost one month that I battle to have it fixed
                      Claim number [protected]

Jun 08, 2020

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa — Gemini double oven_dbo467- timer setting and fan

Complaint: Defy Gemini Double Oven DBO467: ‘Service' Number: 1280833 I, Dr.A.A. Motala, am based in...

Durban

Defy Appliances / Defy South Africastill waiting for my fridge to be repaired after 6 months

Last year August i called to report that my Defy fridge freezer side is not freezing up anymore. i am still under warranty. a tech came to look at the problem and said it was the computer box he will order one a replace it, never saw him again. I called again another tech came and said it is the element and he will order one. never saw him again. i called there office spoke to a Manager who said he will sort it out. never heard from him again. My warranty will expire in April this year. My Meat as gone off because of this, 2 of the freezer draw broker because only the bottom side freeze.