Having problems with Pella?

Pella Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 735 5232 (Customer Service)
+1 866 809 9460 (Storm Door Support)
+1 844 575 7934 (Garage Door Support)
+1 877 473 5527 (Window, Patio Door & Entry Door)
102 Main Street
Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Pella Customer Service. Initial Pella complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Pella above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Pella. Discuss the issues you have had with Pella and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Pella Complaints & Reviews

Pella Pella 250 Series, Direct Set Fixed Frame Rectangle, Pella 250 Series, Direct Set Fixed Frame Half Circle, 68 X 102.25, White

I have a large Pella 21-year old window that I originally wanted to get repaired, as the frame and sill were beginning to rot. In mid-October 2020, a Pella technician came to my home to look at the window and determined it was not repairable. I had removed the grills from the window for the inspection, and placed them in the next room. He did not take any measurements of the window when he inspected it. He determined that the window needed to be replaced. I told him I would be interested in discussing a replacement and getting an estimate. I never put the grills back in the window, as I expected that the window would be replaced soon.

I received my first appointment communication email from Ralph Ruggiero, Pella replacement specialist Monroe, CT on 11/01/2020. We spoke by telephone on 11/02/2020. Ralph sent another email on 11/02/2020 with the quote for the work. In the email he stated that he estimated the size of my window. He indicated that his consultation could be done virtually using the photos and there was no need for him to come to the house. I texted photos of the window to him. The window did not have the grills in the photos, but the nubs that connect the grills to the window are clearly visible on the window in the photos. Every window in our home has grills.

On 11/09/2020, I received a request to sign the contract to have the work completed. I did not notice that the contract indicated that the window had no grills. Ralph never asked me if I wanted grills. I signed the contract on 11/16/2020 agreeing to its terms and a price of $3, 647.74.

On 11/17/2020, I received a Pella appointment notification email indicating a local professional would stop by my home on 11/18/2020 "to confirm the details of your project. They'll go over your order, verify measurements and let you know what to expect on your upcoming installation. It's Pella's way of making sure we have all the details covered so your installation day is hassle-free".

I do not recall anyone coming by my home on 11/18/2020 to take measurements or go over the details of my project. No one ever asked me about the grills. The only people from Pella that came to my home was the repair technician in mid-October mentioned above.

I placed a deposit of $1, 823.87 by credit card on 11/24/2020. That same day, I received an appointment notification for installation on 02/11/2021.

On 02/05/2021, I received a Pella Appointment Notification rescheduling the installation date for 02/26/2021.

The window and two boxes were delivered on 02/24/2021, and I noticed there were no grills. I asked the delivery men where the grills were, and they said they were in the boxes.

I received a call the morning of 02/25/2021 indicating the installation crew had a cancellation and could install that same day rather than the original date of 02/26/2021. When they arrived, I asked if the grills were in the box, and they told me the grills on this window were supposed to be built into the windows. They then called Pella, and Ralph called me.
Ralph and I discussed the window not having grills, and he told me he would have to price out another window with grills and call me back. He called back a few hours later and told me the new window would cost about $800.00. I was under the impression that Pella would take back the window they delivered and give me a credit toward the new window. Ralph told me that Pella could not take back the window, and that it was mine. The $800.00 was to be used to buy another window. I told Ralph that this was unacceptable, and I had no use for the window. He indicated that other people in this situation sold the window on eBay.

I asked to speak with Ralph's supervisor. Ralph put me on a 3-way call with his supervisor (I believe his name is Gary). We had the discussion about the contract specifying the windows had no grills, and I pointed out someone should have asked if I wanted grills as it was clear in the photos I provided that the original window came with grills. They confirmed that the window would not have had the nubs for the grills if there were no grills for the window.

I do not believe I should have to eat the cost of the window without grills. If there had been better customer service, this error would have been caught. I suggested that Pella ask all customers if they want grills before selling them a window. I was never asked this question. When I mentioned this to Ralph and Gary, they responded that some customers don't want grills in their windows.

I believe that Pella should take back the window, and give us a credit toward a window with grills. We have 22 other windows in our home, and a sliding glass door that may need to be replaced soon. Our daughter recently purchased a home that needs replacement windows right away. We would like to give Pella this business, but unless this is rectified, we will never buy or recommend Pella products.

Pella Windows installation and customer service

Good afternoon

We choose Pella because of the good reference we are see everywhere but our experience has been a really nightmare.

Since day one we are having so many issue. We are getting to the point that we don't know what else we need to do to received the service that we deserve as a customers. The salesperson is so hard to get in contact with we also have issues with the installation and the repairs for the damage product that we received.

Could you please let us know how or to who do we need to call or get in contact? Since December 2020 we are waiting for someone to come to our house and finish the job.

Pella My window cracked

As of january 19, 2021 I noticed my window was cracked at the bottom and the moisture problem is getting worst since installing them in 9-8-2016. They have always had a slight draft also. For the money and brand i'm very disappointed. But at the time of building they came recommended by our log-home builder. Our purchase no. Is 4083ddi79 and or customer no.2039272

Pella CorporationPella storm door

Pella aluminum storm door install approximately 5 years ago completely eaten up by corrosion. Contacted pella and they offered a $25 coupon on a new storm door. Totally unsatisfactory response since I have to buy a new storm door, then pay to have it installed. If this is the best that pella can do on a $300 storm door that supposedly had a lifetime warrant, I will never buy another pella product.

Jul 11, 2020

Pella Corporation — Follow up service following door replacement

To: Pella Corporation Support Team Subject: Quality of Service From: Kenneth and Susan Thomas 3396...

May 11, 2020

Pella Corporation — Windows installation bad craftsmanship. (caulking, relights, window install depths and plumb issues

THIS IS ONE SEVERAL LETTERS THAT GENERATED NO RESPONCE Gentlemen, We have to share with you our...

Pella Corporationouter door shade

Since August I have been trying to obtain a replacement shade for my 12 year old triple pane exterior patio door. I have triple pane throughout my home. I am not looking for a free shade since I understand that the warranty has expired. This particular shade has already been replaced twice. The only alternative that I've Been given is to purchase one for $780!!! For a single shade! Such an exorbitant price for a single shade makes no sense. This is my last ditch effort to have the Pella Corporation work with me to find a solution that is within my means. I love this window system, but fear that the financial consequences if this continues to affect the 16 other windows that have such shades. I look forward to your quick response.

Jan 16, 2020

Pella Corporation — patio door 12 foot

Hi Mr. Yaggi, I hope this email finds you well. Congratulations on your success with Pella Corporation. The...

Pella Corporationpella proline sliding glass door

My Pella proline sliding glass door is rotting.
            I bought 2 of these units in 1993. One unit rotted and was replaced by Pella in 204 at a cost of $2, 000 plus.
            I just found that the 2nd unit is also rotting. I contacted Pella and a sales person came out and documented the damage.-3 weeks ago. I have to follow up with the salesperson as well as the Grapevine TX office but no one returns my calls, emails or texts.

pella proline sliding glass door
            pella proline sliding glass door

Pella Corporationpatio sliding door unit with transom

I purchased a Pella fiberglass replacement sliding door unit with transom (window over the top of the doors) in April 2019 for $4, 500 from the local Pella dealer. The sliding door panel was warped in the original unit they delivered and installed resulting in having to push very hard and the door banging loudly against the frame when closing it.
              Since then, they have ordered 4 replacement door panels from the Pella factory and each one has been defective in the same way as the original - the frame is warped with a bow in the center. I am waiting for the 5th replacement and have become very frustrated with the numerous appointments made then being canceled at the last minute or having another defective product delivered only to have it taken back and re-ordered. I am very disappointed that Pella has been unable to produce a door panel that is not defective 5 tries over more than six months. I bought Pella because of it's quality reputation but have found that they are incapable of producing a product that meets bare minimum standards..

Pella Corporationaccident from one of your trucks (hit and run)

Traveling on PA Turnpike I-76 when your truck almost ran me in to the barrier on my left. He was in slow lane traveling at a high rate of speed, came upon me the teh truck started veering in to my lane. I had no where to go. He kept coming over and I freaked as hard as possible while honking my horn. He obviously did not notice me. He literally took over my lane as I slowed down enough to catch the corner of my 2 week old new 2020 Ford Explorer. I tried following him flashing my lights. The faster I went to catch up he went faster. I gave up and pulled in to a rest area (MIDWAY Rest Area) on I-76. Incident happened around Mile Marker 155 - 157. His license plate number is Iowa DB2338.
                Who do I speak with. Separate and aside from narrowly getting killed on the expressway, he wrecked my side mirror. I was blessed it was nothing more. I could have been killed and or my vehicle totaled 2 weeks after I purchased it. Worst that he took off. My phone number is [protected]. WHO DO I SPEAK WITH. They told me Joe Kendall. 2 calls to him 2 days ago resulted in nothing. I will be sharing on all social media outlets shortly if I do not get a call from someone who gives a damn. It shouldn't take more than 2 days for anyone to get back to me (or anyone) after calling about an accident
                Rocco Iacobellis

Oct 17, 2019

Pella Corporation — windows and threats from the owner of this company representing pella

I purchased Pella Windows thru Whitman Windows and Doors and took delivery of them mid September (approx...

Pella Windows and Doorslack of customer service

Several complaints.
                  1. Called your customer service # on SAT before 2pm. per your website. The woman stated she could not take down my complaint on installation as PELLA CORPORATION sells there products to a local franchise PELLA STORE and that Pella door is no longer their responsibility. I didn't buy a Pella product from a big box store or have it installed by an independent contractor. I bought a PELLA DOOR from a PELLA STORE and paid to have a PELLA installer do the work.
                  2. The Pella customer service operator would not even take down my complaint, she stated "on Sat.s there really isn't anyone qualified to answer that, call back on a work day (yeah, how does that happen when on a work day I AM WORKING) She also said, and I quote, "I'm taking time away from my family, from my grandchildren today"?????? And I'm not? She's getting paid today, I'm not.
                  3. I ordered an entry door 4 weeks ago. Three weeks ago I missed a day of PAID WORK so the PELLA RETAIL PRODUCT MANAGER could do his measurements and give me a product list for installation. He was rushed as needed to be home for a family dinner as his daughter was leaving for Madison. Nice guy. Good family man. I had confidence that he would properly install the door. BUT no list. 15 calls and texts later and no list. I still think he's a nice guy and good family man. BUT my confidence no longer exists. My opinion is that the PELLA CORPORATION spends lots on money on advertising and little on customer service. My opinion is that the Pella STore sells many products but does not provide the needed employees to actually INSTALL the products they are so busy selling. My fear is that the installation of the PELLA product will not be well done and I will have no recourse as the PELLA CORPORATION already has their money and now takes no responsibility for a PELLA product. I only purchased the product because PELLA would install it. Lesson learned: Don't be fooled by the expensive PELLA name, buy from a cheaper big box store and pay someone local to install. Because that is what is happening here, you just aren't told that up front.

Pella Corporationsliding doors with blinds inside

We purchased our home almost two years ago and I was very pleased to have the mini blinds inside the sliding doors already installed. However, over time they have developed small a problem. We first started having small, brownish ball like objects between the window door on the left side. I tried and tried to figure a way to vacuum the area but to no avail. Two months ago, the right side window door has started the same thing. Is there a way to vacuum between the two pieces of glass? Is there anything that the company can do? Since I did not purchase them, I cannot give any info as to when they were bought. They looked new when we moved in October, 2017. Is there anything that can be done? They look horrible.

If you send me an email address, I can send photos from my phone.

106 Graham Court
                    Boulder City, NV 89005
                    [protected] (Phone)
                    [protected]@aol.com (email)

Jul 25, 2019

Pella Corporation — billing errors and customer service

We ordered replacement windows from Pella, Jacksonville, Florida back in September 2018. Our project manager...

Pella Corporationpella architect series slider doors are defective.

The following has been posted on every site I can find to post on: BBB, Consumer Complaints, etc. etc.

We purchased 2 Pella Architect Series slider doors in 2011 for primary home. Paid $4K each and another $1, 100/ea to install so total investment was $10, 200. Doors are warrantied for 10 years; glass is warrantied for 20 years. Beautiful doors. Also purchased one for our home in Nantucket. That door is still performing properly. Both doors in primary home are now clouded with condensation in between the panes of glass. See pic. Door in family room has leaked so badly that we now have significant water damage to the solid oak floors. See pic. Rain is leaking right into our home. See pic. Our insurance company responded quickly to mitigate water damage.

Buyer beware ... "labor" is warrantied for only 2 years; hence, if something is found to be defective with the doors; Pella (which touts that their "products are backed by some of the strongest warranties in the business") will charge you for someone to come out and assess the situation and then charge you for someone to come out and fix the problem with their defective product.

The person they sent out to assess the situation found that the seals on both doors (both the moving and stationary parts) have failed. For my money, this translates into: Defective Product still under warranty. However, the charge to fix these defective, substandard doors will be $540.00!!

I spoke with Becky and Judy and was told that Pella needs to charge for the labor. Well, of course they do. If they did not charge for all of the repairs they need to do, they would go out of business. Their products are substandard and their "labor" warranty suggests that they are very well aware of that fact.
                      Now I am well aware of that fact. Hence, I have cancelled an order for 15 double-hung windows and 2 storm doors.

I have been a manufacturer's rep for over 25 years and have had the privilege of working for a company that truly stands behind its products because the products are top drawer all the way.

So, think twice before you do business with Pella. Don't spend thousands of dollars on a product thinking that you are getting the best of the best. With Pella, you are not. You have 2 years of comfort; after that, Pella is standing by to dip into your wallet to help fund its inferior quality. You will pay a premium price up front and then pay again because the product is not premium.

There are other alternatives out there. With Pella, you are paying for the "name" and it turns out the name Pella comes with quite a bit of tarnish!

I was willing to "patch" the floor at my own expense. Not now. Insurance company suggests to replace the entire oak floor and pursue Pella for replacement of floor.
                      Respectfully submitted,
                      KO'R

pella architect series slider doors are defective.

Pella Corporationsliding glass door with blinds

I bought my house about 5 years ago the sliding glass door has a cloudy film on the inside of the glass there are blinds also inside this glass it's getting worse every day and is embarrassing when I have friends over is this under warranty i thinks it should be replaced by your company. It is definitely a defect on your end I am very disappointed in your product. Can someone please contact me on [protected] my name is Paul turnet

Pella Corporationwarranty issues and lack of concern from corporate

Several windows that I purchased in 2008 from Pella had defective seals allowing the windows to stay fogged up. I called about this issues in October 2018. Still to this day I still have not had my bay window replaced. The installer would show up with the wrong size, wrong spaces between windows and at times the installer broke the window hardware himself. When I would speak to Larry at the Irmo, SC office he would always say Pella messed up the order and he would fix the problem. But he never did. Finally all of the bad windows had finally been replaced by March 2019 except one. The original bad window (the bay window). Again Larry promised me he got the problem fixed but yet again when the installer (Bill) showed up the window was not right AGAIN. Through out this entire process I asked corporate to help me get this problem fixed and they told me not to contact them, and to keep dealing with the Irmo office.
                          So as of now I still do not have my Bay window replaced and have no idea when its coming in. Larry apparently broke his leg on vacation so I don't know who to call so I left voice mails with people at his office and have not received a call back. what a surprise!!!
                          I paid allot of money for these windows and they are under warranty, someone at Pella should be able to send me the right window in a proper amount of time instead of months. I just want my window replaced as promised and end this nightmare. In a few months it will be one year since this has started. A full year to get a window!!!

Sean King

Pella Corporationwindow and door installation

I have ordered three windows and a sliding door from your Auburn Hills Michigan franchise, on 3/25/19 and have not been able to get them installed. A date in early May was cancelled, a new date for June 4 has also been cancelled and I cannot get a clear answer of when it will be installed. I have gone into this purchase because of the good name of Pella, but I have been very disappointed so far. Please advise me of what is happening.

Fred Sendek, [protected]@gmail.com
                            Order Number 742
                            Quote Number [protected]

Pella Corporationscheduled appointment

On May 14, 2019 Pella scheduled service to fix a window and replace some weather stripping on our front door. There was no specific time for the service, just sometime that day.
                              At some point, they decided to do it some other day, but did not inform us of the change. Around 3pm my wife called to see what was happening and she was told that it would be next week.

It seems to me that they should have notified us of their decision, either before yesterday or first thing yesterday.

Harold T. Dalcher