Just Answer / unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

I signed up to have one questions answered for $38.00. However, when I received my credit card bill there was another charge for $48.00 plus the $38.00, The explanation for the $48.00 was for a membership which I did not sign up for. I emailed the person who answered my question asking who I needed to talk to concerning this and never got a response. I tried to go back on their website and ask the question but it said I would be charged another $30.00. There is no where on their site to file a complaint or to contact someone that could help. I would not recommend using their site to anyone seems like a scam. Dennis

De
Dec 22, 2015

Comments

• Ms
      Dec 23, 2015

Greetings Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem on the JustAnswer website.

The membership plan on our site is completely optional, the customer has to opt in to the 7 day free trial. If after the 7 days, you no longer want to continue with the membership, you can turn it off in your account settings or you will be billed for the first months membership. If a customer feels they have signed up in error for the membership, they can contact us within 30 days and we will process a refund of the charge.

As is standard with most websites, if you scroll to the bottom of our home page, we have links to FAQ's as well as a 'contact us' link that directs you to live chat, email information and customer service phone information and a lot of other info that explains how the site works. We have no problem processing your refund, you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-897-0327 or send us an email to [protected]@justanswer.com.

I hope that I have alleviated some of your concerns, I assure you we are not a scam. We look forward to hearing from you to help resolve your issue.

Warm regards,