Direct TV / direct tv holding mailed payments until after due dates to collect late fees

1 4032 South 550 EastUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 765-472-1453

I have been a Direct TV customer for a few years now and in the last year their service has went to hell. In the last few monthes they have held my payment that I sent via US Mail until after the due date. They then disconnect me and expect lates fees to be paid. I am mailing first class mail to the payment center for Direct TV in Carol Stream, Illinois from Peru, Indiana. It DOES NOT take over 12 days for a first class letter to go from Indiana to Illinois. Their reps on the phone are hateful and half the time cannot speak English. they told me that is the chance I take for mailing my payment instead of paying electronically. They are punishing me because I refuse to send it other than US Mail. When this happens and they hold my payment, it "Miraculously" shows up the DAY After they have disconnected me when the payment has been mailed close to 2 weeks before it was due! Has anyone else had this problem? Let me know! I am filing complaint with the BBB on them. Its very sneaky and shady!

Comments

5th of Sep, 2009

Can't you file a complaint with the FCC? That would get their attention.

• Di
      21st of Oct, 2009

lets start a class action law suit to STOP direct tv illegal business actions. Another Bernie Madoff Please pass this on !!

• Di