Having problems with HGTV?

HGTV Customer Service Contacts

1800 840 8056 (HGTV Magazine)
1180 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HGTV Customer Service. Initial HGTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HGTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HGTV. Discuss the issues you have had with HGTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

HGTVGambling companies

Thanks for lots of enjoyable programmes. But please consider the implications of allowing gambling to look attractive, especially to young people under 21, when addiction can be embedded while the brain is still forming.

When I tried to submit the above, a note appeared advising that my feedback would be unlikely to be looked at because it was too short! I thought you'd be glad of a succinct comment, and am very taken aback.

HGTVHome town

Over the past several months, you are airing "Home Town" way too often for my tastes. Today (December 6, 2020), it was the only show that aired for most of the day. It feels like you are trying to force us to like the show or to increase the fan base for a certain demographic. I do not like having a show shoved down my throat. Some of your hosts tend to brag too much. While your hosts for this show seem like nice people, they are among the most irritating when it comes to bragging. If "Home Town" is on, I will not watch your channel. Please air "Home Town" less often.

Thank you.

Frank Trotter

HGTVPrograming

Home town is boring. Horrible houses and decorating is terrible. Trying to be chip and joanna but never will be able to. It's a terrible show along with the mother daughter duo. Horrible decorating. Windy city should focus on redesign and decorating which is good. Love it and list it needs to renovate itself. It's is so frustrating to watch horrible shows and all the multitude of repeats. Million dollar dream home host is awesome but too many repeats.

Home and Garden TVWhere is the white house christmas 2020?

I've searched for upcoming shows 2 weeks out and the 2020 White House Christmas show is not listed. It hasn't been promoted which has me suspicious that it will not be shown this year.

The White House is the people's house. It's exciting to see each year's theme and creativity of bringing it to life.

We should all take pride in the White House and acknowledge the work that professionals and volunteers put in to transform it during this season of hope and giving.

I hope there is an alternative to HGTV if they have chosen not to produce a show this year.

• St
            Sttickit Jan 17, 2021

I agree! This isn’t a political agenda, it’s THE White House. It is bought and paid for by the people of America and it is ALWAYS decorated for Christmas and viewed.

HGTV MagazineMagazine delivery

My subscription to HGTV Magazine expires December 2021 but I have not received but one copy of the magazine all this year. I have repeatedly called HGTV Magazine customer service & advised them of this problem, to no avail.
          They always tell me they will send me back issues, etc. but that never happens. I do not know what else to do.
          I really enjoy this magazine & wish to resolve the problem.
          My account number is HGT1105051930/4.

HGTVAdvertisements

HGTV has always been a way to escape all the "bad" information that we are bombarded with on a day to day basis. Now you have gone full blown political advertisements. I am one of those that usually don't complain, I just stop using a product or in this case, stop watching. I don't think I am the only person that watches for an escape, so with that said, I hope the money for the advertisements was worth a consumer.

HGTVBiden commercials

This is a no good politician and it's ridiculous we only see this corrupt clown commercials. Where are the proud Americans president Trump commercials??? America loves President Donald Trump and do not like Jow Biden, he did nothing for the past 40 years and will do nothing if elected. Let's see Trump commercials.

Home and Garden TVLove it or list it

HGTV is bludgeoning viewers with this tired show. I realize that there are folks that still like the show and that's fine. But the incessant programming just pushes those that are sick of it to another network. You have even put it in place of House Hunters, (any variety), which has been a favorite of viewers. This Labor Day weekend, the marathons are over the top. Give us a break and resume programming that is enjoyable and quit with the experimentation.

Aug 10, 2020

HGTV — Ridiculous Shows Where Subject NeverChanges

Make it stop!!! I am so so sick and tired of all these show you have started that are a spin on Fixer Upper!...

HGTVHouse hunters and international

These are the only programmes that I love and we are given so very few episodes and they come on very late at night from 10pm to 12midnight and that's a shame. I am a senior citizen and am very disappointed cause I have cable just to see HH International and see the world.

I hate All the flips and flops and the sameness and predictability of every other show. I so miss the family from Wako!

Too few HH and HH International and too late for old people. Thank you!

Jul 14, 2020

HGTV Magazine — Subscription

I received a bill for a subscription that was never ordered. The cost vs what is shown online is different...

HGTVHouse Hunter programing

Earlier this year I wrote you a complaint about House Hunter and Fixer Upper not being televised with the change in HGTV ownership. You partially responded by putting House Hunter back on at 10:00 EDT several nights like it was shown previously and that I watched practically every night. I can't figure out what your programming people are thinking. I still never see Fixer Upper on. Now you have come along and ruined the on thing that you partially did correctly according to my opinion. You have ruined House Hunters by making it some kind of comedy show. It is awful. You have sufficiently completely lost me and my family as HGYV viewers.

HGTVProgramming

The hgtv network provides great programs, but it's also a place I like to go to escape the madness. I don't need to watch Oprah in a one sided narrative, piling on hard working American citizens with lies and propaganda based on a false narrative whch is then obediently pushed by leftist media to destroy this country. Thanks for nothing. Leave the political lies and trash to the networks who have already claimed state controlled propaganda status. I cannot tell you how repulsive I find this one sided bs to be. Never again, screw your network.

• Ce
                          cerbds Jun 10, 2020

I completely agree but I cannot find any straight forward way to provide that feedback directly. The false narrative is being spread broad and wide and the wall put up to silence all that have a different perspective is high. I now have it at work, social media, mainstream media and now HGTV. I am really disappointed.

HGTV"where do we go from here" with oprah winfrey

While watching HGTV on the evening of June 9th, I was very dismayed by your programming decision to air a program featuring Oprah Winfrey called
                        "Where Do We Go From Here".

I tune in to HGTV for its content which should feature design and home improvement projects, which I have a great interest in. I don't tune in for political or moralizing indoctrination or propaganda. If I feel the need for that type of programming I'll turn on CNN.

I have watched HGTV since it first started, and I resent the trend towards more social engineering content. Keep it up and I'll vote with my feet.

• Ca
                            CaroleH Aug 10, 2020

Well Oprah is in large a stockholder in "DISCOVER" networks which owns HGTV!!!
                            Her own network "OWN" is part of all of it!! Talk ab out censorship.
                            Money talks and of course they will bow down to Queen Oprah.
                            I have lost ALL respect for this network

Home and Garden TelevisionAdvertising

HGTV is supposed to be family friendly, however, over the last several months there has been more and more advertising for scary or murder related shows like those on the ID network.

Please do not allow these types of commercials on your station. There needs to be a safe haven from this kind of material. Please return HHTV to being that safe place.

HGTVCommercial for fox nation

I find the commercial you are running for FoxNation to be divisive in its message. Especially to feature a photo of President Clinton with the word "scandalous" in bold type. It's clearly pushing a GOP agenda. Let political ads run with a clear statement of where the funding comes from - but this is a different type of ad all together. If HGTV has a GOP agenda then I don't want to watch it anymore.

Commercial for fox nation

HGTV — Honey pot commercial

I was watching your house hunters show and saw the honeypot commercial. I like honeypot and the commercial...

HGTV — Content

I was shocked and offended by the house hunter episode featuring the trouple. C'mon - did we really have...

HGTV — Programming content

As I sit here watching House Hunters, I ended up muting the program. Why? In S184, E8, I was introduced to...

HGTVSmall characters that appear at the bottom of the tv

Hi HGTV,

I love to watch your shows, but lately it have been very, very, very annoying with the small characters appearing at the bottom of the TV. Its to the point where I turn the channel when this starts to happen and its a shame because
                              I really enjoy your TV shows. But because of this new annoyance I can't bear to watch your shows anymore.

Signed