Having problems with DISH Network?

DISH Network Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 5710 (Customer Service)
+1 800 333 3474 (Customer Service)
9601 S Meridian Blvd
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DISH Network Customer Service. Initial DISH Network complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DISH Network above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DISH Network. Discuss the issues you have had with DISH Network and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DISH Network Complaints & Reviews

Dish NetworkBehavior

My family has had Dish for years and your services are always so well, the employee who came today had a major attitude. I explained to him the problem my dad had been having about his connection, apparently it was a simple solution to fix, but the guy was very rude. He insulted my father at one point, talked to me like a child (I am 30 years old), and left just as pissed as he arrived. He also complained about having to come back and said we better not have this problem again. Again, we have never had a problem with Dish in the past when getting things fixed and repaired, but this guy clearly had a serious attitude problem and it was not good customer service.

Dish NetworkDish service and fees

My dish experience has been horrible. The service didn't work half the time. Any movie rentals and on demand shows would always have issues to the point I couldn't use those features. I could only use live cable channels and those were even sketchy sometimes. Customer service was rude and wasn't helpful. I paid on time every time and cancelled due to poor service. After paying for a poor service I couldn't really use for 2+ years. They charged me a cancellation fee! I asked for the fee to be waived since I experienced such poor service but they refused. I explained that I was canceling because of all the issues and service interruptions and they still charged me $150 fee for canceling. I guess it was dumb of me to pay for it for so long. Should have just paid the fee and got rid of it a long time ago but I kept trying to give them chances. Horrible service. Please do not use them! You will regret it.

Dish NetworkThey refuse to fix the bugs in their system.

They are sending bad code with their updates. This limits the standard services they provide. It cause the hard drive to register 100% capacity when it's not. It then deletes things, it choses, protected or not. It does this on both external hard drives and the Hopper drive. Half the time, after an update, it won't acknowledge the external hard drive at all. Takes several resets to get it to finally connect. This has been an issue for TWO YEARS! Apparently they are doing it on purpose, or figure you should continue to pay full price, for something that doesn't actually work. I think I will be finding something that actually works, so I am not just throwing my money away!!!

Dish NetworkDish TV

Ordered Dish about 1/7/21. I was told that for the basic 240 channel service that my bill would be $97.xx per month. I said that I didn't need and didn't know how to use a DVR and that i wanted the basic service. The sales person said that the DVR automatically comes with the service and that my bill would still be $97.x per month. My wife and I are both over 80 and just want basic service with certain channels that we want. So my first bill was $97.xx and I thought all was fine. Now my new bill is $125 and includes two movies that we did not watch and a $15 charge for the DVR. - I won't pay for the false advertising, the DVR nor the movies I did not watch. --- The remote control is very complicated but NOTHING ever came up on the screen to say I was paying for a movie.
        Acct# [protected]

• Mr
            Mr. Helpful Feb 23, 2021

So you're suggesting you think you may have (unknowingly) authorized these two movies? Frustrating.

How do you pay your monthly bill?

Dish NetworkTV Cable Provider

We live in rural NH and are both senior citizens. After a mild snow last night, some snow accumulated on our dish on our roof. I tried to reset, but we are not getting a signal. when I called, the tech said we needed to get the snow off the dish itself, which we are literally physically unable to do. Is is currently sunny and bright. When I asked to speak to someone higher up than him, he gave me someone in Resolutions department, who confirmed there was nothing they could do. So, if there is a layer of ice on the dish, and we have below freezing temps for weeks, this would indicate we are not able to get a signal unless we climb the roof and clean the dish. Why would I pay for something I can't watch, and why can't someone come out to clean the dish for us.

Dish NetworkNew service

Dish is horrible! They lie and misrepresent what they will charge you and despite the fact that I recorded the conversation, they refuse to honor it because they say
            It's a third party agency even though they represent that they are Dish authorized. Such crooks and a waster of time. And the signal is terrible when it snows! Go sling or Hulu cause you won't be happy.

Feb 18, 2021

Dish Network — Charging after trying to disconnect

My account number [protected] First off I had been with Dish for 9 years without any stop in service...

Dish Networkmy neighbors dish is in my back yard

i live in new construction and dish network put someone else or neighbors dish was placed in my backyard with wires across the yard are a hazards i want it removed out of my yard and put in the correct location. it does not belong in my yard, no one asked me to place it there and was done when i was not home. how do i get this fixed and moved. I do not have dish or want to have dish and it needs to moved to the right location
              3527 N Pearl Kingman az 89601 my number is [protected]

TheMechanic Feb 16, 2021

You would need to have your neighbor call Dish to have the Dish relocated. If the neighbor refuses you may take up the dish yourself if you can leave it undamaged and place it in your neighbor's yard

Feb 13, 2021

Dish Network — Dish rewards $200 mastercard not received

I've been following up on my $200 Mastercard promised to me back in early September after switching from...

Dish NetworkPayments and fees

My name is Teah Mays and I've been a dish customer for over 3 years. I have paid my bill every month except for 1 month when I was going through a hardship in the hospital recovering from a stroke. I want to pay my past due bill but at this time I need payment arrangements not more fees being added to it every month. Is there someone who can help me besides the customer service agents who say they can't?

Dish NetworkCancellation practices

I cancelled my service after five years. They claimed I owed a termination fee. I refused to pay it. They sent the charge to collection. I tried to explain that we shouldn't owe a cancellation fee after five years. The collections people said I had to prove I didn't owe a collection fee after five years, that there must have been something in the "terms and conditions" that I didn't read. They suggested that you automatically enter into a new contract every two years. That's ridiculous. They reported the $146 to the credit agencies. This is no way to do business.

Dish Networkmonthly bill

Dish bill has increased!!! ~50% increase.
                    I have been a dish customer for over 20 years. DISH has rewarded by loyalty by increasing my rates.
                    Spoke with the customer loyalty department at least twice... they are happy to lose me as a customer. They only give the best rates to new customers not to the loyal ones!!!

Interesting business practice reminds me of blockbuster video...

Sharat
                    [protected]

Dish Networkbilling

These people are crooks. I had ordered the NBA package last year not this year. With the NBA the way it is and being broke I can't afford it nor want it. They auto charged me for it $200. I didn't even realize I had it either. I hadn't watched any games. Went to pay the bill and seen the charge. I contacted them and they said no problem we can take it off. They didn't. I called back and again was told yes it will be taken off. They didn't. Called a 3rd time to be told they can not take it off that I have to pay for it. So now I pay or get my TV shut off. Horrible service. To lose a long time customer over $200 is sad. Oh well. Stay clear of them people.

Dish Networkchannel 252 justice

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU !This is a channel in the package that I pay for, it is my favorite channel, none of the suggested channels have what I am interested in, why am I expected to pay full price for the bill when I am not getting what was offered in the package I ordered. If I do not get an answer I will contact the BBB to file a complaint. It is utterly ridiculous that you say you suggest more characters or it may not be responded to. I will spend my day looking into other company's in my area, I am a long time customer but that does not seem to matter, word of mouth is everything and I have nothing good to say about dish like I use to. I am cc to the better bureau, I know they want me to try to resolve the issue before they get involved, that is what I am attempting to do with this ? 350 character complant.

• Ro
                            Rod52 Feb 22, 2021

I agree...when you go to Mcdonald you expect to get 1/4 pounder if you pay for that, not an 1/8 of a pounder

Dish NetworkService was turned off for no reason

My contract is running out next month. I called several days ago to see if I could get a new one. The girl I spoke to was not helpful at all. Today I called again. To find out exactly what day my contract is over. The gentleman I spoke to was very pushy. He was trying to get me to take a package he was offering. He wouldn't stop talking I finally said I had to go said goodbye and hungup. I just went to turn on my tv and my channels were gone. I called dish and the automated asked if I wanted to turn it on. That is very shifty of this man to turn off my channels because I didn't want to listen to him. Please send me some boxes so I can return all my equipment back on feb 11. I will not be getting fish anymore.

Dish Networklying customer service, programming and poor escallation process

35 wait time to talk to an offshore rep that compensated me 1 year free show time and change from Epix to HBO for free. The $20 savings per month would erase fees increase and keep my bill the same. The 50 minute call with several on hold for 5 minutes each would have been fine... Two days later no HBO... I called again and found out they don't carry HBO and they can not give a year of programming away. I escalated the call, because the original rep should get some training or be accountable. The manager was like he read from a script! He could care less about me or my 37 YEARS of service. He provided no empathy and commitment to address the root problem so I canceled my premium subscription and will look at Charter - At least I will save money. In reading all of the recent complaints it is clear that they have lost their customer service soul. So sad.

Dish NetworkDish Network steals from the dead!

Dish is required by law to backdate disconnection to the date of death and refund any money paid for services rendered after that date.
                              It took them 8 1/2 months to refund my Dad's money.
                              I had to write over 65 letters to various state Attorneys General, I called Dish over 55 times, I spoke to 25 different Dish employees, yet they still refused to refund my money.
                              The only reason Dish refunded my money, after 8 1/2 months, is because eight different State Attorneys General wrote letters to them on my behalf.
                              Their actions are not only illegal, they are morally reprehensible!!
                              Dave Simons spent six months lying to me, the BBB and eight Attorneys General, all in an attempt to steal from my dead Daddy.

TheMechanic Jan 14, 2021

Why were you still paying the bill? My guess is because you're a cheapskate who thought you would use your father's death to your advantage and get free TV. You aren't going to convince anyone an attorney general actually took any interest in this action since this is a civil matter not criminal. You are the one who's morally reprehensible trying to use your father's death to your advantage. You could have easily stopped paying the bill and the disconnect would have happened naturally.

• Ki
                                  Kim S, CPA Jan 14, 2021

@TheMechanic Dish Network has a policy to backdate disconnection to the date of death, but apparently, only one out of their 16, 000 employees is aware of that policy.
                                  Maybe Dish’s employees should ask Timothy Messner, General Counsel or Nick Sayeedi, Chief Compliance Officer, about the consumer protection laws regarding decedents and their families before you start spouting off at the mouth.

• Ki
                                  Kim S, CPA Jan 14, 2021

@TheMechanic My Dad paid all of his bills online and we did not have user names or passwords. It took me two months to get the final bills from the credit card companies. We called Dish to cancel the day we got the bill. My Dad wasn't even using Dish when he died. He had moved and was able to get a cable TV subscription. I told them that, but they didn't care. So I didn't try to get any of that money back from Dish for the two months he was in the nursing home having physical therapy after open heart surgery, because I knew I was legally obligated to pay those two months, even though he did not use their services.
                                  I was requesting refunds for the two months and one week that were charged to my Dad's credit card AFTER his death.
                                  My Mother doesn't watch TV, so no one was getting free TV.
                                  I have letters from 26 State Attorneys General. Would you like to see the copies?
                                  Each state has a consumer protection division that will help consumers with their complaints, [censored].
                                  You are correct in that they do consider this a civil matter and not a criminal one, and they do not represent individuals or file lawsuits on their behalf, but they do monitor complaints.
                                  In my letter received from one such Attorney General, the consumer protection division wrote, "Our office monitors consumer complaints for possible indications of patterns of unfair or deceptive trade practices. We may open a formal investigation or take enforcement action pursuant to the Consumer Protection Act at any time if the facts and circumstances indicate that further action is warranted. It is our policy to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an ongoing investigation."
                                  I filed my complaint with all 50 State Attorneys General to make them aware that Dish was not complying with the law regarding decedents' accounts.
                                  It appears to me that you are an employee of Dish Network, and that your name is Dave Simons.

TheMechanic Jan 14, 2021

@Kim S, CPA What does any of that have to do with being a cheapskate trying to scam dish into refunding for services rendered. Your being a CPA means you likely planned it out to cheat Dish into providing free programming. You likely knew how the service was still in his name and continued to pay the monthly bill to keep the service on for yourself knowing you were going to try and force the refund of all 6 months after your father's death. This is fraud via conspiracy.

TheMechanic Jan 14, 2021

@Kim S, CPA Also I don't work for Dish if that's what you thought.

TheMechanic Jan 19, 2021

@Kim S, CPA You aren't required to pay off a dead man's credit card. You simply send the credit card company the death certificate and they close the account. My father bought a 878 Remington and a 40 cal Smith & Weston on his credit card 3 weeks before he died and only used the guns once to set the sights. That's $800 in guns that I never had to pay for.

Dish NetworkThe service kept going out on me so I canceled the service in December 2019.

I the service was cancelled In December and I returned the equipment with the boxes that were set to me. Your company is now saying that I did not cancel service, yet at the same time they sent me the required boxes to return the equipment. I did just that and now your company is saying I didn't return the equipment. I am requesting a refund of my money that was taken out of my banking account. I am a pastor of a church and have no need to tell the truth concerning this matter. I also went with another provider on 9 December 2019. Why would I sign up for two services at the same time.

Dish NetworkI have been lied to!

Dish took down channels 32 and 9 some of my local channels. I layer received an email stating all of the local channels had been restored. I still don't have channel 9 NBC. I spoke with a customer service representative from Dish and she told me NBC wasn't back on because another service besides mission broadcasting took the channel down. I looked at your dishpromise.com website and it states that Mission Broadcasting is the company that took it down. I have been so upset about Dish from the beginning I lost so many channels I had with DirectTV and now have to pay for local that I don't have. I just want to cancel my Dish without paying the cancelation fee because I have been done wrong. Betsy Segovia [protected]

Dish NetworkAccounting/billing issue

Both of my September and Octobers Dish payments, each for 100.64 from my CitiCards Acct, which was previously cancelled, were not deposited into My Dish Acct and have not been posted. I have forwarded to dish on 1/5/21 copies of these checks stamped, for deposit only, and in addition I have forwarded copies of my checking account statements showing that the two CitiCard payments were posted to my checking account with two additional payments made from my checking account for the same months of September and October. At this time, Dish has decided to chargeback these amounts, and since the CitiBank payments were not posted, my Dish account shows a balance to be due of 201.28. All of the detail was mailed to Dish, PO Box 94063, Palantine, IL 60094 per Customer Service. After numerous calls, Customer service and Supervisors, five in total could not or refused to help.

Please help,