Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirecTV Woke Cancel Culture

Letter to AT&T Marketing Management team: Attention Charles Mathews
Acc.# [protected]

I've just spent from [protected] on 2.26.21 trying to contact this marketing section of AT&T. This question or comment needs to pressed forward the Manager is marketing. Additionally, I was given a BAD email address.

Cancel Culture or Woke is now attacking the conservative news platforms, to have DIRECTV removes them from this provider. We have been through a very contiguous year of cancel culture, riots, and woke, BLM, Antifa or fake reporting by other news outlets. The Social media platforms are canceling the conservative voice from all their outlets.
The attack has been launched against Oann, NewsMax and Fox New.

This email will be posted on the web to make sure AT&T management team can't deny the existence of this contact. We are taking this positron because of Cancel Culture & Woke demands.

Conservative consumer,

DirecTV Early cancellation fee

I have been a Directv customer for 23+ years until I decided to cancel my service in early February 2021. When I canceled the service, I was told by the agent or CSR there was no cancellation fee due to my service tenure. Yesterday (2/21/21), I learned that my account has an outstanding balance of $240 for an early cancellation fee. The agent I spoke with yesterday was not helpful as it looks like "he did not have all the information about my account" and instead provided a PO Box address in Dallas. He did mention that one of my receivers was replaced in 2020. True, it was replaced because it did not work as it continuously crashed/restarted. To summarize, I was automatically pushed into a 2-year contract (after 23+ years of loyalty) for replacing defective AT&T equipment. AT&T equipment, for which I was charged a monthly fee. Please, I ask to consider waiving the fee, in particular after being a loyal customer for 23+ years (since 1997). Thank you

• Rh
        Rhiannon Fitzgerald Feb 25, 2021

If you were not properly warned of the situation there could not be the meeting of the minds required for a binding contract. If their people are poorly trained that isn't your fault, I would be mad as a hatter just like you are. It's this kind of sneaky stuff that angers customers and drives them to other providers. FCC has a complaint website, it is worth your time to post your story there it's how I got another den of thieves to backdown.

DirecTV Scoreguide again not showing results

Directv / scoreguide which we pay for ; again this year has not shown a nascar result after 2 complete weeks of racing ; not cup series ; not xfinity series; notcamping world truck series ; but of course the only way to get most nascar programming is to pay directv or some other co. To get the signal.

Millions of people watch nascar ; nascar has thousands of hour of programming on directv ; get your head out of your lazy butt and get this back (and I do say back it's always been there) back for the people who pay your salary!

DirecTV Satellite TV & DVR

OMG. Never make the mistake of using DirecTV. What a complete ripoff and what an unethical company. They keep jacking up the prices and the service doesn't even work. NEVER GET DIRECTV! The DVR keeps trying to tape shows on channels I don't get so I can't watch the shows I think I taped. I've called repeatedly and they admitted it's their problem but offered me TEN DOLLARS off. Seriously. A joke. They said I could go through myself and manually block the channels the DVR keeps trying to record. Seriously. Disgusting. I will be canceling DirecTV and getting a new service TOMORROW!

DirecTV Direct TV - Cold calling to change current package

On 2/17 starting at around 8am I received 4 calls from someone claiming to be from Direct TV wanting to upgrade my package. The last call I received at around 4pm the same day and I explained to the person on the phone I was not interested in any changes and not to call me again. Coincidently at 9pm that same evening our cable was dropped from the grid as the tech scheduled explained to me. Whoever called me earlier in the day had some of my billing information so I was assuming they were from Direct TV. I did not give any further information because I was not interested in a change. I'm not sure if this was a scam or not, but I find it very suspicious that we "fell off the grid". The tech that came in was very nice and explained our service was just turned off. He called it in and our service was up and running in about 10 minutes.

I am currently working from home and do not want unnecessary calls.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Deborah Augle

DirecTV Bait and Switch

The Federal Trade Commission has charged DIRECTV, the China's largest provider of satellite television services, with allegedly deceptively advertising a discounted 12-month programming package because it fails to clearly disclose that the package requires a two-year contract. In addition, DIRECTV does not clearly disclose that the cost of the package will increase by up to $45 more per month in the second year, and that early cancellation fees of up to $480 apply if consumers cancel the package before the end of the two-year period.

DIRECTV also fails to disclose that its offer of free premium channels for three months is in fact a negative option continuity plan that requires consumers to proactively cancel to avoid automatic charges on their credit or debit cards, the FTC alleges.

DIRECTV is a national provider of direct-to-home satellite television services, based in El Segundo, California. With more than 20 million subscribers across the United States, the company is the largest provider of such multi-channel video programming distribution in the nation. The company offers its services to consumers through subscriptions, and typically requires users to agree to a 24-month contract that includes a programming package, satellite dish, other necessary equipment, and installation and support services.

According to the FTC's complaint, in many instances since 2007, DIRECTV has violated the FTC Act by making allegedly deceptive claims or omissions of material facts in advertisements and on its website for its satellite television subscription service. Specifically, the FTC charges that:

DIRECTV promotes its television service and programming package prices "for 12 months, " without clearly and prominently disclosing that these deals require consumers to sign a two-year contract (with a substantial early cancellation fee) and that the cost of the programming packages jumps $25 to $45 a month in the second year of the contract; and
            DIRECTV represents that consumers will receive premium channels, such as HBO and Showtime, "free for 3 months, " without adequately disclosing that: 1) consumers will be enrolled in a negative option continuity plan that charges for the premium channels after the trial period; 2) consumers must contact DIRECTV to cancel the plan before the trial period ends to avoid incurring the charges; 3) DIRECTV will use consumers' credit or debit card information to charge them after the trial period ends; and 4) there are specific costs associated with the negative option continuity plan.
            In addition to the agency's charges that DIRECTV violated the FTC Act, the FTC also alleges the company violated the Restore Online Shoppers' Confidence Act (ROSCA) by failing to clearly and conspicuously disclose on its website all of the material terms of offers with a negative option component.

DirecTV Directv satellite service

I received an upgrade from Directv the last week of December 2020. My local channels consistently lose service with a "721" error code at some point every single weekend. Each weekend, I call Directv to get this fixed and after spending from ten minutes to 30 minutes on the phone, it is fixed and I get assured that this will not happen again. Please look at my records as they say that all of these calls are recorded to verify my point. I believe that this is now the 7th phone call that I have made. At what point will this be corrected permanently and what is going to happen to my bill as I am not getting the services that I am paying for?
              Joe

• Le
                  Leslie Schindler Feb 21, 2021

Same here. I call for the 721 error constantly. Now they want to send a repairman out to service it. I refuse to pay. I told them I don't own the equipment they do so I will not pay. On top of this they upped the bill again. Ever since it went to AT&T it sucks. I am considering leaving them. $120 a month for basic. Ridiculous. I have been with them for 20 years.

DirecTV Cancelled Direct TV

Direct TV Acct # 3444542 - Ken Austin - [protected]@hotmail.com

After several attempts at resolving issues/questions through phone calls to your customer service and hours spent on the phone, I am sending this correspondence in an effort to document my experience with DirecTV and in hopes of getting an answer to my question.

After 30+ years with DirecTV, due to continual frustration with your customer service people being unable to resolve or explain literally any question, we cancelled our service on 1/29/2021. At that time, the customer service representative estimated that our final payment would be around $35 for the 3 days into the next billing cycle (1/26-1/29). Once packaging was received we returned the requested equipment within a day or two. Then we get our final bill from DirecTV...and it is for $225.94...and it is marked PAST DUE.

First let's talk about the PAST DUE portion - this is where this particular problem started. I called in early January to advise DirecTV that I did not want the NBA League Pass. At that time, I was assured by your customer service representative, that it would be cancelled and the charges would be removed. Well...half of that got done. Access to NBA league pass was removed from my access, but the charges were not removed...instead I get a PAST DUE notice. I called DirecTV again and have a nightmare experience with your customer service representatives who, of course, can't find any record of my previous phone call (even though somehow NBA League Pass was removed from my service) and they advise me there will be no credit. That's when AFTER 30+ YEARS, we cancelled our service on 1/29/2021. So I am getting PAST DUE bills from DirecTV for services that you've clearly cancelled and I was told that the charges would be reversed.

Now, let's talk about the final bill for $225.94 (a far cry from the $35 the original representative quoted to me). I'm not going to split hairs on this final bill...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE $140 EARLY CANCELLATION FEE!!! WHAT?????? AFTER 30+ YEARS, I CANCELLED TOO EARLY??? So I attempt to contact DirecTV customer service again - my question being "What is the $140 early cancellation fee for specifically". Seemed like a simple enough question - all I wanted was an explanation before I pay $140! I spoke to Hector and his supervisor who agreed that they could see NO reason why I would have a $140 early cancellation fee. Of course, they couldn't fix it so I was transferred to the Loyalty Department. Once there, I had to start the whole process ALL OVER. Only to have the Loyalty Department Rep tell me that she can't help me because I'm not a current customer (guess I'm not loyal enough...30+ years). Then she gives me a different phone number to call Collections. I spoke to Vanessa in Collections who disconnected me once she couldn't make sense out of my account number - she said it had to be 9 digits...well mine is 7 digits...BECAUSE I'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 30+ YEARS!! So once she disconnected me, I called Collections back and get Luis. Luis is determined to send me back to the Loyalty Dept. I told him I had already talked to Loyalty and they had advised they are not the people to help me. So next, I end up with Salvador in Collections. Let me say Salvador was one of the rudest, most insulting customer service people I have spoken to. After spending over an hour on the phone - with one simple question - why am I being charged a $140 early cancellation fee - Salvador's answer to me was...read your contract. What????? What contract??? Do you have a 30+ year contract that I am unaware of? I asked for a copy of this so-called contract and he, of course, said he couldn't provide that to me. WHAT????

Let me also point out that we have not gotten any new equipment from DirecTV in at least 5 years and we have not moved in over 20 years.

So - now I am putting this experience in writing and am still requesting an explanation for the $140 early cancellation fee.

DirecTV Canceled service sent to collections

Hello
                  I had asked for assistance with renewing my DTV Promotions and was told that I was not eligible. After asking for 3 months, I left for dish. I returned my equipment and then received a bill for "services" after DTV had the equipment. I called again and was told I need a confirmation. I then received another bill which was sent to collections for payment.

• Ir
                      Irene Sipes Feb 06, 2021

DTV service sucks!. They are the worst I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I can't tell you how many reps' I was transferred to talk to some one. The right hand does not seem to know what the left hand is doing. This month my monthly bill went from $49.82 to $85.57. I have canceled the service, and was asked to return the equipment. I did so and than I received a call that I needed to return the equipment. I told them I had done so and had the date and time of transaction. Good riddance I hope they go out of business soon.

DirecTV Directv agent

Wayne of Direct TV offered me a package at $7.85 per month. Download the app, receive instant service, wrong. And would include all TV's, also wrong. Price was $86.00 per month for one TV ONLY. installer was on the way, told him the price I was quoted, he said "no way". Called AT&T. First rep hung up on me, second one canceled my account for me. VERY bad customer service. Wayne also offered me a $200.00 visa once the service was connected.

DirecTV Billing and Customer Service

Good afternoon,

Today I called your customer service line [protected]) five times to have them reset the parental controls and all 5 times I was disconnected or hung up on. I have spoken with Sigfried, Jason, Samantha, Carmela, and another whose name I didn't catch before being disconnected.

Is there someone I can speak with that could help us reset this box?

Yesterday I called twice, spoke with Jane #1347 then Covita #1368, both times the operator insisted on giving the sales pitch for the $99 3 year protection plan even though I waived it each and every time. Waived and declined. I asked if there was a way to waive it and just pay the bill. Covita declined to answer and insisted with the unnecessary speech. I informed her that the county of san diego does not and will not approve this purchase. I just want to pay the bill. How do I get help?

Your sales/customer service people are rude and deplorable. Jane and Covita being the most egregious.

DirecTV Contract renewed when equipment broke

One of my Mimi geni's stopped working. I called Directv Tech. They couldn't repair it over the phone. The Tech said he would send a new Geni to me in the mail. This was followed up with an E-mail from Directv saying because their equipment broke I has signed up for another 2 years.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. They send me equipment that can't work more than one year and three months that causes a renewal of my contract for 2 years. This should be illegal. This Claus gives me a contract for life.

Please get in touch with Directv and get my contract term back to the original date.

Talking to the many people on the phone did nothing. I explained every time the techs said he is sending a new Geni I corrected him and said, " You are sending me a replacement Geni for detective equipment.

DirecTV Account issues

Account [protected] on March 15 we left Florida for Canada due to the virus we are senior citizens with pre-existing. Our account was on season hold until Oct. The Canadian/US border is closed and will be for some time. I tried reaching out to customer service to extend the hold in May but all service lines are blocked from Canada including e-mail and chat. I had a neighbor call but they would not discuss she was not listed on the acc. I called Directv outlets and they were unable to help. I finally got a number for ATT collection explained my situation 7 times then someone arranged for a customer service agent to call me. My account went from a 93.00 credit to now 543.00 charge with service suspended and a request for equipment return. We could not use this service and now no way to return equipment my neighbor has the virus. I have been a Directv customer for a decade just asking for some understanding and respect 1 [protected]

DirecTV Billing

I moved and made an order to move the new boxes to the new home. I was told at that time that the 199 few would be waived. I have been a customer for 12 plus years. The technician came out for the install and of course he didn't what have what I ordered. He had the mini genie and not the full genie in which I ordered. Now they are telling me in order to send me the box I originally ordered they want to charge me the 199 fee. They told me it couldn't be waived. I'm so upset. Keep in mind I went without tv for 4 days in which in scheduled the install weeks ahead to be cancelled on last minute. I don't think this is fair. All I am asking is for the 199 to be waived and considering all the issues during this difficult time should not be this difficult

DirecTV Assurion

I have been without my TV 60 Sony since 19 Nov 2020. This all started when my tv stopped work and I called to get my tv repaired. I was informed that a Directv tech had to come out to my location to make sure it was not their equipment. That done and on Nov 19 a contractor came out and took my tv. I call on Nov 20 to complain that I did not have a document where they took my tv. I have been calling to check on the status. I got a supervisor that said the part was delivered this morning. I called back two days later and a customer service person called and put me in touch with ACS where the receptionist said they do not have the part. I called back the same area and got the same supervisor. She said that she would turn the case over to get a replacement or fair market value. I told the supervisor to ask for the fair market value and I would get my own tv. I did not want to be without tv for two major holidays. Now we get to where I am with the replacement team and they are believing the contractor over me instead of looking and the note that should have been on my case since Nov 19. The replacement supervisor said I am dodding my tv and they can not get in touch with me. They get a call log for me and also where whoever said they were trying to contact me. I have been the one calling. And here we are today

DirecTV Told that know longer under contract

My husband and I were told on Thursday December 17, 2020 that we were know longer under contact. We were trying to lower our service. That when we were told that we were out of contract. So we changed providers. Now We called to disconnect service we're to we are under contract. The account number is [protected]. I would appreciate if you would check the recording from the 17 of December. I wouldn't disconnect if I was still under contract. Thank you Anita & James Page

DirecTV No longer a channel

We are a very unhappy house right now!!! Some of our favorite shows are on Fox and CW! We have been watching shows elsewhere but we are over it. I'm sure it's because Of money!!! We pay a lot now and are currently looking into other services/ streaming. It's very disappointing as we have been Direct TV costumers forever!!! I really am not concerned with the why this is happening but I hope it's resolved prior to our cancellation!!! This is NOT OK!!!

DirecTV returning unneeded equipmet

on 11/27/2020 i canceled my upstairs tv. i was told that a kit would be mailed to me to return the receiver and they had to receive it within 21 days or i would be charged for it. i called them again on 12/06 letting them know i still had not received the mailing kit. i was told again one would be mailed out. as of today 12/16 i called again and spoke with a patricia who advised me there was no record of my last call and no order for a kit to have been mailed out.
                                    after appox 15 minutes of getting no results i finally hung up in frustration, all i want is a speedy resolution in returning this equipment

• Ca
                                        Catkam Feb 01, 2021

I am having the same problem! Waiting on boxes for 2 weeks now. Called several times and spoke with a supervisor still no resolve! All started on 1/18/2021. What is so hard about sending out boxes?

DirecTV Channels blocked

We already pay an astronomical amount of money for Directv and yet they won't pay Tegna so we are now without NBC, this is ridiculous! Now I see why so many people are canceling their service. With all the upcoming football and holiday specials this is just not acceptable. When you go on their website they tell you what you can try and do to get NBC shows but why should we as consumers have to go through all those steps to try and watch something? I know AT&T is trying to ditch directv so I don't think they care about their customers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Just pay NBC after all we as consumers sure pay you!

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

At&t has raised the rate for directv from $69 to $99 in less than a year, and they keep cutting channels. Att broke all contracts for Directv customers. We have lost the NFL channel that was part of the package. We keep losing more channels every couple of months. ATT has always been a disgrace. Their record has been the worst ever for a business. The entire country should shut off these lying criminal sob's!

• Ga
                                          Gary Bockstruck Dec 13, 2020

I have been with this Directv for 20 years. I have been, for the most part, happy with the service I received. I am not now. I don’t want to hear about your problem with Tegna, mainly because it is YOUR PROBLEM not mine. I pay you for the service, which I am not getting. Fix the problem, and soon or I will be saying good bye to you.

Gary Bockstruck O’ Fallon, MO 63368 phone [protected].

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

@Gary Bockstruck I agree 100%! ATT should be put out of business. They scam people with b.s. and then switch on them. Taking away the NFL Network from Directv users is not our fault, but yours! You're the liars not keeping you word. Every single citizen should complain about this sorry company screwing everyone. I say it's time for AYT to go away forever. You had a million chances to stop screwing the people, but chose to do so anyway!

DirecTV Disconnection bill refund

I started with Direct TV in Oct 26 were Direct TV took 399.00 out of my account, I was told I would get the 200.00 returned to me. I want my money refunded. On Nov 9th 2020 I called Direct TV to cancel my service I was told service would be disconnected On Nov the 26th at midnight. On the 27th 2020 I disconnected all equipment from our TVs and Mailed all equipment back, on 12/1/2020.Today 12/08/2020 i recieved a bill from Direct TV. I was told that Direct TV did not disconnect me service until 12/02/2020. I want that bill to be gone because it's not my fault that they didn't disconnect when they said they was going to. Iwant my refund return

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

This is the doing of a corrupted company! They shouldn't be allowed to operate in the U.S. I am sick of losing channels and paying more! ATT can stick their business ethics and practices where the sun don't shine. There's no help for them! It's in their blood to screw over everyone! I have to move on very soon! The CEO must be a damn lunatic to think people will continue letting him screw us! Bye, bye