Menu

complaints

DirecTV Complaints Summary

537 Resolved
1647 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from DirecTV with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DirecTV. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

DirecTV complaints 2184

Sort by:

Newest DirecTV complaints

A
6:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am very disappointed in the customer service that your company has provided. I was dealing with Direct TV, for on of of my account #[protected] which the refund has been due more than over a year plus. I was communicating with your customer service department for over three months now and finally one of your Manager got involved and gave me a discount on my...

R
2:21 pm EST

DirecTV Less channels

Account# [protected] we inquired Nov.22 if we needed to have a satellite installed by our new house before the ground froze. Instead the girl on the phone didn't listen to a word said and turned off our reception and have our new equipment installed in an unfinished house. I called and told them the house wouldn't be finished for months and turn on our TV. I was told I would get a discount and have our same service back. Instead we got the bottom service with a fraction of the channels. After numerous phone calls being told something different each time I got some channels back with different charges than I was told would happen. This is what we get from 25 years of faithfully paying our bill on time. I have deep reservations to have direct tv in our new house in a few weeks. What should I do?

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified DirecTV representatives only. If you are affiliated with DirecTV, please claim your business to access these details.

E
2:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have been Spectrum Customers for over 25 years, since my husband's work related injuries we have been experiencing a financial hardship & needed to search for a more reasonable service. The Direct TV Agent Sara Jones, Ref# 954558, asked me what programs we like to watch, I informed her the home repair shows, flip house shows, Lifetime, & Food channel...

Is DirecTV legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals DirecTV as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 24% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, DirecTV stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering DirecTV should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

DirecTV earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: DirecTV achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for DirecTV. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Directv.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows DirecTV website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Directv.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up DirecTV and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with DirecTV's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 24% of 1 complaints were resolved.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the directv.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to DirecTV. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
B
1:14 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Price increase for tv service

I have had DirecTV service for quite a while and have used autopay to pay my monthly bill.

I have been paying $76.61 per month for a long time. I received a bill on December 4, 2023, for $161.36 for the same level of service.

I called DirecTV and told them that I did not approve this charge. I told them that I did not think they could legally change the price without giving me notice. They said my contract had run out, and this is the new rate. Since I have autopay, DirecTV has already charged me the new rate and will not do anything about it.

I would have to be refunded the $84.75 difference and quit the service.

Larry Zetocka

[protected]

Claimed loss: $84.75

Desired outcome: Reimburse the difference and come up with a more reasonable plan The $161.36is to expensive

M
11:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Over charge of bill and no receive of payment from CenturyLink on 8/21 payment.

I paid CenturyLink $116.23 and they sent the payment to DIRECTV. DIRECTV said that they have never received the payment and that I needed to get ahold of CenturyLink and find out what happened to the payment. DIRECTV denies of ever receiving the payment and the bill is in excess of $ 238. This matter has been going on for over 2 weeks and has caused me to have so much stress that I had to go to the hospital. i would like to get this matter resolved and settled this with DIRECTV. If this matter is not resolved, I will get ahold of Mr. Peterson, Assoc. Director, Ceo and president or one of his staff members. I have bill and confirmation page to prove that I paid the bill.

Desired outcome: i would like a couple months free of bill.

8:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Approximately Friday October 6, 2023, the error message, 726 appeared on my screen and advised me to go online to reset my receiver. In doing so, I noticed a message that a payment was made on 10/02/2023 in the amount of $434.42 and the payment was reversed on 10/05/2023. When I contacted DTV Customer Service, I was informed that my account was closed...

L
4:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered the Ulimate Package for 109.99 on Sept.29th,2023 and before I submit my information for purchase. I clearly read all terms and agreements very clearly and it stated that there will be a $30 temporary hold for five (5) days on my account which was ok. And that I had 30 days to decided if I would like to keep the subscription or cancel it before you...

5:29 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct TV

I have been a customer of Direct TV for over 20 years. My account number is 388651. On the last week of August, our cable was cut. We called for repair. The repairman was supposed to be there on Sept. 9. We waited all day and no one showed. We called back. We are scheduled for this Saturday. We were told our bill would be adjusted for the time we were out of service. i FINALLY talked the woman on the phone into $30.00. That is all the adjustment we get for half a month plus our time of waiting for someone to show up that never did. That is an insult! We pay much, much more than that for half a month. I will more than likely be finding a replacement for Direct TV soon.

9:37 am EDT

DirecTV Not Getting What I Paid For

WATE Channel 6 has been off due to no fault of my own. Your negotiations with the other company has me not receiving what I contracted for. This has been going on for months now. I believe that Direct TV.AT&T should give a discount to me for the months not receiving what I am paying for and what I contracted for. Your company is in breach of contract. Your customer service seems to think that I should just stream or use my other electronics to get this channel. Not a satisfactory answer. I watch TV on a TV and only a TV. If I wanted to watch my shows on my computer, I would not have Direct TV. I have sent a letter asking for a response. Been a month at least and nothing. I am now researching alternative companies. Because even though "loyal customer" is bandied around, I do not believe this is true.

Desired outcome: A discount for the channel -two months. A discount for time and aggravation. If that is not good enough how about a discount for a veteran, a teacher, and a "loyal customer,"

G
1:05 pm EDT

DirecTV Lack of cbs channel in my viewing area

Direct TV and Netflix have been unable to resolve a contract dispute about carrying CBS's WKRG Channel in the Mobile, AL Area for months. Although some Alternate CBS Streaming channels may be available, they all come with a subscription fee. This is the first time I ever experienced a Cable Provider that was unable to resolve a contract dispute like this after such a long period of time. If it isn't resolved soon, I will be forced to change my Cable provider as I do not plan to miss the NFL and College games carried on WKRG. I will give Direct TV only 30 more days to get this problem resolved.

Desired outcome: Successful contract between Direct TV and Netflix to return WKRG CBS back to the Mobile, AL Viewing Area.

C
9:27 am EDT

DirecTV Local channels

First we lost Fox 51 local out of Tyler Tx. and now we have also lost NBC 56 local. Directv claims it it the fault of the local channels and the local channels claim its Directv fault. We live in rural area at least 50 miles from Tyler Tx. The external antenna Directv offers does not have the range to pick up signal from local channels.

These disputes need to be settled! Have missed many sporting events for several months and now with football season starting will be missing many more. This is ridiculous!

We are paying the more money for less so please quit passing blame.

Directv/AT&T, if you can’t settle these disputes then you need to offer local channels from another area like Dallas Tx.

Tired of this s shell game that you’re playing.

Desired outcome: Settle the contracts or offer channels from another area

6:45 pm EDT

DirecTV Customer Service

What a shame when you have a valid complaint, you can't even contact a manager let alone a CEO.    I will be cancelling my service as soon as my contract is up.    Why would I call customer service to register a complaint about another customer service rep?   How ridiculous.    It would be really helpful as well if the customer service ppl spoke English that was understandable.   Had 2 different reps and both were very very hard to understand.   Horrible customer service.

Desired outcome: Resolution to my issue

D
6:12 pm EDT

DirecTV Billing

I have been a DirectTV customer for many years. In January, after I retired, I cancelled DirectTV as I could no longer afford the outrageous bills. I called on January 30, 2023 to cancel. After many phone calls I finally was able to return the equipment as the "return package" never arrived at least twice. I was finally instructed to drop them off at the UPS Store, which I did.

My account number is [protected]

I called AGAIN on Feburary 7th as I had received an email that I had not paid my bill of $160.55. I was told on my first call that I would receive a statement in the mail indicating the balance I would owe, however, this appeared to be the full amount! I asked them to 1) stop my autopay as I only was willing to pay the balance owed after my cancellation. They told me then that they would be putting a statement in the mail to me in the amount of $16.05 (estimated).

I called AGAIN on February 15th as I received another email indicating that I still had not paid the full $160.55! They again told me that I would receive a revised statement in 7-10 days and was sending yet another return "kit" for the equipment.

I AGAIN called them on Feb. 24th as I again received an email telling me I had not paid the full amount, etc. They told me that the revised statement would be mailed to me soon. They also gave me the instructions to return the equipment to the UPS Store, which I was able to do. They also told me that the revised statement for 4 days would be sent within 45-60 days.

SO...rather than EVER receiving the revised final statement in the mail, I have now received a damn collection notification from Credence. What the Hell?

I am no longer getting emails (thankfully) only because I changed internet providers also so had to change me email address.

I am sending a copy of this complaint to the BBB to ask that they also help me with this since I am getting absolutely nowhere with you. Please FIX THIS ASAP!

Debra Martin

10013 Bayern Ln

Johnston, IA 50131

Desired outcome: 1. Send me the revised FINAL statement so I can pay it (as long as it is not for the full amount!) and2. Remove me from collections

P
7:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Lack of customer service and too many undisclosed added costs

Do not call and get direct tv., it is misleading/undisclosed added costs, be aware they tack on install fee for a yr., which they don;t even came to my house, and some other service fee of 15.00.

August 13, 2023.. I called and cancelled my account due to lack of customer service and there are no local news channels, sports channels due to a lawsuit with nextstar, and the fact that is don't get certain channels, sports anything or have to subscribe to get channels I watch. The added costs all add up and I think that is really crappy of them.

Will tell all my friends to do not get direct tv, call another cable company

M
12:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV TV service through direct (are they scammers?)

Saw a promotion/ad for TV, Internet and Home Phone Service. So I called and got information on pricing and what TV package I could afford within my SS amount each month. I told this rep man Joe Lawrence what I was financially up against. I was told I would have to give either a credit card/checking account # before I could even sign up for this any package deal. However, I said, I could not give out this info. So I had to get a 1 time charge card at Walmart to get started, which was for $25.00/start-up fee). I asked for monthly mailing/billing. He really was not interested in this. However too, I did not know at that time that Direct and AT&T are joined together. (What a BIG MISTAKE THAT WAS for me.) Next thing I know Direct comes out to set me up. And low and behold I was told that AT&T would come out to finish setting me up with other (internet & home phone.) AT&T comes out days later than they were expected! Anyway, the price that was agreed upon was not what I was being billed (when I finally got my 1st bill.) Since then billing through AT&T has gone up EVERY MONTH. EVEN AFTER I WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY there WAS A LOT MORE CHARGED added. Since December (sign up), my phone, TV, Internet has been GONE WAY UP. I REFUSE TO PAY (I was told one thing), they have done other. SCAMMERS, SCAMMERS! Some one needs to do something about these corrupt Communication Companies. PS Even wrote to President of AT&T, and got no answer back! Its tells you something right there. They don't care about having an unhonest business!

Desired outcome: To get this pricing changed to what this REP at Direct told me that I would be paying for first year.

T
5:24 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct tv

Their equipment is garbage and their customer service is also garbage

They expect you to give personal banking information to people that are in other countries, their equipment shuts down for hours on end

I canceled their service in June, here it is end of July and I still haven't received any refund of the prepaid amount, looks like they are in hopes that I will come back to them, they are refusing to refund me my money

Desired outcome: I want my money with interest refunded immediately

A
10:16 pm EDT

DirecTV Unable to stop auto pay on closed Directv account #[protected]

I have been trying to solve this problem since April 13, 2023. I have spoken with multiple customer service agents that assured me the problem was solved and obviously it has not been taken care of. Below is a timeline of these attempts.

3-31-23 Disconnect (per your website)

4-6-23 Discontinued autopay (email attached from AT&T verifying that I

stopped autopay)

[protected] Return equipment receipt received via email

4-13-23 1st $190 debit from bank acct

Called customer service

Told in 2 wks $376.59 prepaid Master card would be issued

5-10-23 no Master card received

5-12-23 2nd $190 debit

5-13-23 spoke w/Andy(supervisor):

*told I should have cancelled autopay; which I did.

*he said he removed autopay.

*I told him I did not want a prepaid Master Card. I want a refund

back to the account from which it was debited.

6-14-23 3rd $190 debit

6-15-23 spoke Alicia (super:#466318):

*original customer service rep made a mistake on refund

*owed 3 mos; will process refund 6-20 and it will post 6-22 in the

bank account-"Guaranteed"

*removed autopay

6 -22-23 no refund

7-13-23 4th $190 debit

still no refund

My sister authorized Directv that I could handle her account prior to the disconnect date 3-31-23. I also have a Power of Attorney. I did not enclose a copy because of the warning not to include personal information. Alicia tried to lecture me about this but it doesn't surprise me that there may be no record of the authorization from my sister. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Desired outcome: I want a refund into appropriate bank account for 4 months: April, May, June, July.I want auto pay removed from this account.I want an email verifying that this has been done.

5:40 pm EDT

DirecTV The premier protection dept of directv

To the Ceo Bill Morrow, I have been comunicating with the Premier Dept (Protection Program), for 1 and a half years. I took out this amount $25.99 every month for the mechanical items that we have, such as the TV and DVD and etc. My TV in March and year and a half ago our TV quit working, so I called Direct TV and have been doing everything we can in order to get a new TV, which we were told Direct TV is suppose to do when our TV quit working. We sent continuously pictures, and the several times a copy of a claim Facilitation Form. This last time sending a form in I went to our Fax place in town and had the company fax it to the dept. I sincerely am so surprised that Direct TV cannot hold up their end of their bargain by following what the Protection Dept. is suppose to do when items break down. I am tired of dealing with this department and would like you to see if you can help us get our a new TV that this department is suppose to do. My name is Karen Lambert-Stutts and husband William Stutts. Our phone numbers are [protected] hm ,&[protected] cell, We do live in a rural area so please leave a message on home phone if we do not answer. Also the dept did send me a note saying they were not doing anything which is just wrong as I said that is what the dept. is suppose to do. Sincerely, Karen L. Stuttts

Desired outcome: Our new TV We had an Ellement 40 inch

F
10:49 pm EDT

DirecTV The package

I call directv to order service from a flyer we got in the mail! Talk to a representative told him what channel we watch the most. He told me the package included all channels we talked about. After installation we did not get the channels so called back the representative said all channels would be on next package up in pricing. All packages included 3 months premium channels for 3 months free which we did not receive. Called back and talk to another representative he said yes sir you are suppose to get them. But since I upgraded packages I was not eligible for that deal. Now it was their fault I had to change packages that is not good customer service. That making false advertising!

9:08 pm EDT

DirecTV My CBS station

I have had Directv for years and now have no CBS station. I am still trying to figure out why I have to have my channels in West Virginia when I live in Kentucky. I want Kentucky news not West Virginia news. Your prices keep rising and we keep losing stations I have enough channels for selling stuff and Christian stations and not enough good stations to watch. If something doesn’t happen I will switch to a new provider.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

DirecTV contacts