Menu
DirecTV Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

DirecTV
reviews and complaints

www.directv.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 2197 Reviews

How responsive is DirecTV's customer service?

537 Resolved
1650 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if DirecTV showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with DirecTV and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

DirecTV reviews and complaints 2197

Sort by:

Newest DirecTV reviews and complaints

L
11:57 am EST

DirecTV Dropping newsmax and oan news channels

I am very disheartened by the removal of NewsMax and OAN from my service. These are two of the best news channels with no spin out there. I chose the channel plan in my contract and specifically for certain information channels and news channels. I did not get any refund or change of price plan, Actually my ATT/Direct TV bill has gone up. This is censorship whether admitted or not. DTV has chosen to censor the most conservative networks and programs. Please be advised that I am looking for another service provider. I pray you reconsider you decisions, reverse and restore these two channels.

Desired outcome: Restoration of Newsmax and OAN to my plan.

G
11:20 pm EST

DirecTV Publicly address this issue

I am a paying customer of ATT Direct TV. I am filing a complaint that OAN and Newsmax has been canceled from their service. I am a conservative American and I see this as ATT's political deplatforming of two very relevant TV stations that are informative and state the truth which happens to be a conservative point of view. I believe ATT is an arm of the Democratic Socialist Party in the USA and other nefarious communist organizations in the USA and outside of the USA. I am an informed voter and citizen and am outraged that ATT (parent company of Directv) is censoring its content by deplatforming OAN and Newsmax. I see that they are more than willing to push the LBGT and Democratic Socialist agenda but seem afraid of OAN and Newsmax's conservative content. This must be rectified.

Desired outcome: Add OAN and Newsmax back to the channel line-up and have Bill Marrow CEO of Directv publicly address this issue. I ask that ATT CEO publicly address this issue also and consider admonishment/reprimand of responsible Directv staff.

J
4:44 pm EST

DirecTV Directv/AT&T

I was watching Newsmax Tuesday night and found out that AT&T/Directv was dropping them. The next day, Wednesday, there was no Newsmax on Directv. Thursday, I switched to Dish Network.

This is not the first time in recent months that Directv has pulled this stunt. A few months ago, They removed OAN (One America News) from their lineup. That was the other news channel that I preferred.

That leaves only Fox News as the only partly conservative news source on Directv.

7:06 am EST

DirecTV Programming + lack of customer service + integrity

Dropping of programming with out notice to censor subscriber content - replacing oan + newsmax news channels with non news totally biased content with hosts that are has been or want to be journalists - replaced news format with unacceptable talk show - spoke with customer service + office of president reps 1/24, 1,25, 1.26, + 1/27/2023 - all responses have been total + complete lies + unfulfilled promises. - told a total lie to bbb to close open case - they showed no respect on numerous occasions to a 3 decade long customer -

Desired outcome: change in programming + price reduction

Update by schutzen-jager
Jan 29, 2023 6:18 am EST

dropped OAN + NewsMax - multiple contacts office of president lied about our conversation with BBB - company completely lacks any integrity in any dealings with long time customer - arbitrarily controlling content consumers are allowed to view !

K
4:16 pm EST

DirecTV Censorship

Apparently Direct TV does not like Conservatives. First you get rid of One America News and now Newsmax. I happen to be a Conservative and I don't appreciate the obvious CENSORSHIP. Why don't you censor CNN or MSNBC? Because they are liberal and you support them.. If we were able we would cancel you and go to DISH. We will not be watching any News at all on television, we are now forced to go online ourselves and find out what you don't want us to hear. I doubt you care about CONSERVATIVE viewers, we do exist but we are polite and not as verbal as the left.

Desired outcome: STOP CONSERVATIVE CENSORSHIP

Switchback
Rockdale, US
Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm EST

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

12:00 pm EST

DirecTV Dropping newsmax

I pay for your service in order to watch a variety of news channels. I do not pay for a subscription for you to be political and cancel Newsmax. You keep CNN MSNBC etc which are far left liberal channels. They do not give correct information. They lie and they perpetuate the democrats lies. I’m hoping Congress makes headway with you to add Newsmax back on direct tv. If not, we will find a new carrier. Robin Fizznoglia

Read full review of DirecTV and 2 comments
2 comments
Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm EST

I already called DIRECTV & left a post on Twitter! I will be canceling my DIRECTV also. I’m giving them a week because they said they are working on the details of whether or not Newsmax is off for good. They wanna get political … fine I hope their pocketbooks can handle it! I won’t be going with dish either because they are going to merge with DIRECTV ! It’s ridiculous they are playing politics! They wanna play the cancel culture game so can their viewers!

Jan 25, 2023 12:47 pm EST

Just don’t go with dish ! They are merging with DIRECTV

P
3:24 pm EST

DirecTV Canceling newsmax

I read online today (January 24) that DIRECTV is going to no longer carry Newsmax. First they cancel OAN and now Newsmax. Newsmax is one of the highest rated news outlets on television! It appears that this is an effort to silence free speech (conservative viewpoints). If DIRECTV cancels Newsmax, I will be canceling DIRECTV. And I will make sure all of my friends who are DIRECTV customers will know about this cancellation. We conservatives are tired of being silenced!

Desired outcome: KEEP NEWSMAX!!

9:13 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Ads during pause screen inappropriate.

I was quite dismayed to be assaulted by drag queens when I paused my Direct TV channel...this is so inappropriate and not acceptable for all ages...I was disgusted by the ad for M TV Ru Paul Drag Race and would hope that Direct TV takes this complaint seriously...I will be sharing this with everyone I know...I think some respect for your customers is needed...please remove this ad.

This occurred Friday December 30th at 7:00pm

Desired outcome: Take down this ad.

W
9:54 pm EST

DirecTV Ads that are totally inappropriate at anytime and on any channel.

DirecTV Channel 304

My exact complaint is about the ads that are totally inappropriate at anytime and on any channel, such homosexuals, transvestites, over-represented racial couples, etc... being shown during TV shows from an innocent era.

The reason many viewers opt for old classic TV shows is to avoid exactly the coarse content presented in these ads.

To my knowledge, these filthy ads are not run on ABC, CBS, NBC and others where this content would be better targeted.

Do you actually think these ads are welcomed by the viewing demographic?

Or is the intent to poison every single source of entertainment available to conservative viewers?

Desired outcome: Target your ads to the audience.NO ONE is buying the current ads, so why run them? Stop this(

6:50 pm EST

DirecTV TV / Internet / Phone Services

Requesting cancelling services on 11/7 from ATT / DirectTV. They cancelled the phone, but did not cancel the internet and TV. Now, they are charging me for services for the TV and internet for 3 weeks longer than I had services even when I have sent the equipment back. When I called to get this resolved, they argued that they didn't have the request but could see I called in and talked to someone. They stated they could not cancel services from 11/7 when I originally requested cancellation.

Desired outcome: Cancel services from 11/7 and prorate the bill from the 7th of November

E
1:56 pm EST

DirecTV Missing programming due to contractual dispute with mission broadcasting.

Years ago, I’d been a loyal Dish customer for about a decade. Dish had a contractual problem with one of the biggest cable news networks I watched.

It went on for a few weeks, way too long, and I left. That’s when I became a DirecTV customer. Now Direct has a problem with Mission Broadcasting. And as a result, weekend football games are blocked out. Unless the dispute is resolved and normal broadcasting choices are back on, I’m going back to Dish. I’ll make that call this coming Monday.

Please get it settled!

Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm EST

Just so you know DIRECTV & dish are in talks about Merging

12:00 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Shop at home from tv remote

I have been shopping from home using my tv remote for many years.

HSN & QVC's shopping networks, now all of the sudden these sites no longer have the red dots in the upper right hand corner and technical service says Direct TV has never offered this service! I beg to differ as I have used this feature for well over 15 years! HSN & QVC says everything for the shop at home is good at their end and that I'm active.

Please advise,

From a very dissatisfied customer,

Pete Bouvia

& Debra Gauthier

Desired outcome: To get my shopping sites back up and running using my tv remote!

J
10:54 am EST

DirecTV Installation / customer service

Just moved to new house in VA and decided on DirectTV. Ordered new service.

1. Scheduled installation but confirmation email was a different date than agreed upon. Called Sales Dept back to confirm.

2. Confirmed, however, order was entered incorrectly in the system. Corrected order and re-confirmed installation date/time.

3. Installer arrived. Began installation. Began using existing dish from previous owner but couldn't use wiring. Began rewiring.

4. Installer said didn't have correct equipment and needed to leave to purchase drill bit. Returned an hour later with a 4-foot drill bit. Drilled hole through wall. I questioned him about the hole and was informed it was for the wired box. However, the wired box was ordered for a different floor in the house and all other boxes were supposed to be wireless. He had drilled hole in wrong spot.

5. Was informed by installer that the order was not entered correctly and he had all wired boxes on his order. He called Sales Dept and got the order changed. However, he didn't have the correct equipment to complete the job. Need to come back tomorrow.

6. Different installation team came back next day. Knew nothing about what the first guy did. After looking at the project, decided that the installation could not be done. Also, they could not fix the hole in the wall that the first installer drilled.

7. Called Direct TV Sales Dept the next day at 8:45 am. Spoke with Alex who transferred me to Debron in Cancellation Dept. Debron cancelled order. However, he could not do anything about the damage to my house. Transferred me to Mike in Service. Mike transferred me to Orlando in Technical Dept.

8. Orlando was unable to help me. Informed I need to speak with Sales Dept, but they are closed and I need to call back tomorrow. I've been on the phone for 2 hours and not happy with this solution. Asked to speak with Supervisor.

9. Spoke with Jose. Informed I need to speak with Sales Dept and nothing he can do today. However, he will confirm who I need to speak with and call me back. Call ended at 11:08 (2 hours, 20 minutes). No call back from Jose.

10. Next day, called Sales Dept. Spoke with Sasha. She cannot help me. Transferred me to Technical Dept (Mich). She cannot help me; need to speak with Sales Dept. Informed her that I've already spoken with Sales Dept and they can't help me. Transfer me to Tech Dept supervisor (Jose, again).

11. Jose tried to transfer me to Cancellation Dept, but I informed him that I've already spoken to them and the order was cancelled. He could not find anyone to own the problem. Waited for 15 minutes on hold. He came back and gave me the number for Damage Claim group. He transferred me to the Damage Control group.

12. Actually transferred me to Karl in Technical Dept. Asked him to transfer me back to Supervisor, but I needed to tell him the issue first. Explained the issue. He said he needs to transfer me back to Supervisor. After 10 minutes, returned and said he needs to transfer me to Claims Dept. Transferred me to an unrelated company: Center for Medical Services (CMS). Another 55-minute phone call with no resolution.

13. Called Damage Control Department number given to me by Jose. On hold now. Estimated wait time is 10 minutes.

Desired outcome: Repair the hole in my wall/house that your company drilled. I also believe Direct TV should apologize for this entire situation. This is no way to treat a new customer.

E
6:00 am EST

DirecTV Installation

I am not happy about my recent installation in my guest room. The man who came was a deaf mute so we communicated by writing notes. He told me he was going to go through my bedroom, over the door and into the next room. I wrote 'Is that the only way it can be done?' He wrote that he'd look at the old room connecton. I took him downstairs and he wrote that he'd need to go in the basement. I showed him how to get there. When he came up, he wrote that he would have to go over the door in my room so I figured it was the only way. However, it looks horrible. I have attache pictures. I have beautiful woodwork and had some trinkets lined up on top of my door but now with the cable up there, I can't put them back. The cable sticks out like a sore thumb. Please let me know how this can be fixed.

I am happy this man with a disability has a job but I don't want him back in my house.

Desired outcome: Everyone I know tells me they usually go through the floor and not over a door.

View 0 more photos
P
5:48 pm EDT

DirecTV Unreliable service from Directv

This an ongoing problem: Directv is not providing reliable and complete service when it comes to the ABC network! ABC (KOLO 8 in my area) is my favorite channel with a lot of my favorite programs. For over a year now, I have not been able to watch ABC programs without video and audio problems such as no picture at all, short bursts of video but not long enough to follow a story line, and only about 50% audio. I can't even record on the DVR the programs because they come out just as poorly as live.

I believe I'm paying too much for Directv without losing one-third of my viewing

preferences. I've read that others are having this same problem, and I think it

is inexcusable.

Desired outcome: Fix the problems with ABC immediately and permanently. OR refund a largea large portion of my monthly costs or at least reduce the monthly bill so that I can afford to find a service that will allow us to watch ABC programming

C
5:08 pm EDT

DirecTV NFL Sunday ticket

I am unable to get Satellite service at my address because of obstructions. DIRECTV and DISHNETWORK have both verified this. I am using DirecTV streaming and a package which should make me eligible for Sunday Ticket. I both chatted on DirecTV website and twice on phone with customer support with negative result. IF you cannot get Antenna service because of obstruction you are supposed to be able to stream. BUT DirecTV keeps insisting it is not possible. IF that is the case, they need to change their DISCLAIMER, and say IF you can't get an antenna, you can't get NFL SUNDAY TICKET by streaming.

4:06 pm EDT

DirecTV Equipment did not work with our internet company.

See attached letter.

Account#[protected]
I sent them a letter as requested on August 13, 2022
I talked to a Expert Representive and she told me to write a letter to them to DirecTV Billing and Disputes.
I have never got a response from them at all.
They have billed me $108.24 1 month service
For cancelling within the 2years charge is $439.14
Total bill due is: $547.38

Desired outcome: We did not keep there service and they sent us a box to send back the equipment and I did so.We just could not use there system to watch movies to download them

View 0 more photos
11:52 am EDT

DirecTV Direct TV

Been a customer for 15 yrs! Service is down the drain. Customer Service keeps hanging up instead of transferring to a supervisor. Keep you on hold for over an hour just to address a billing issue. Got double billed for my service after moving and then my account was sent to collections because the TECH did not return my boxes. All they keep saying is I'm Sorry! You have lost a value customer. Too many other options out there to continue giving my money to Direct TV. CHOOSE a DIFFERENT PROVIDER.

Republicangirl
, US
Oct 22, 2022 8:37 pm EDT

Direct TV are you democratic?

Why are you removing Newsmax...you already took OAN...

go ahead & you can kiss our account goodbye if this is true.

I'dvrather pay a little more somewhere else &;keep my conservative Republican News!

SAVE NEWSMAX OR GOODBYE😡😡😡

K
4:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Channels taken away.

We have been customers for almost 20 years and got swindled into downsizing our Direct tv line up and now we are paying more for less channels. I feel the agent gave false information and we have lost several channels due to the misinformation from YOUR agent. We were grandfathered into several channels over the years and now we are being told we can't get those channels back. This is not only wrong, but also very un-ethical and very unprofessional. I would like for Direct tv to give us back the programing we had at the price we were paying as this was not what we asked for. I have explained this issue several times and no one seems to be able to help. I would like to know how this can be resolved ?

K. Hendricks/

M
3:23 pm EDT

DirecTV Directstream

I opted for your service due to a few specific factors, your guide and series recording option of live programming, i.e. various sports. Auto racing has numerous caution flags, football and baseball have O.T periods, and baseball has rain delays. None of the above are addressed in your service when programming in to "series recording". You are set-up to only record the time block, not the program itself. the only override I have found to early termination of recordings is to chase down in the guide many days ahead to set programs following the ones I want to also record to avoid getting cut off early. Any solutions?

Desired outcome: Add an additional patch key to your algorithm to extend recording 15-30-45-or 1 hour extra

DirecTV In-depth Review

Pricing and Packages: DirecTV offers a range of pricing options and packages to suit different budgets and preferences. Their pricing structure is transparent, with clear information on the costs associated with each package. Customers can choose from various package options, including basic, mid-tier, and premium packages, each offering different channels and features. The value for money offered by DirecTV's pricing is generally considered to be good, with competitive prices compared to other providers in the market.

Channel Selection: DirecTV provides a comprehensive list of channels, catering to a wide range of interests and preferences. Their channel lineup includes a diverse selection of entertainment, news, sports, and lifestyle channels. Additionally, DirecTV offers premium channels and sports packages, allowing customers to access exclusive content and live sporting events. The variety and diversity of channels offered by DirecTV are highly regarded by customers.

Equipment and Installation: DirecTV's equipment is known for its quality and reliability. Customers have reported positive experiences with the performance of DirecTV's receivers and remotes. The installation process is generally smooth and efficient, with professional technicians handling the setup. DirecTV also provides customer support throughout the installation process, ensuring any issues or questions are addressed promptly. While there may be additional fees or charges related to equipment and installation, they are clearly communicated to customers upfront.

Customer Service: DirecTV's customer service is responsive and effective, with representatives available to assist customers with their inquiries and concerns. Customers have access to various support channels, including phone, email, and online chat. The helpfulness of customer support agents is generally praised by customers. Based on feedback and reviews, customer satisfaction levels with DirecTV's customer service are generally high.

Reliability and Signal Strength: DirecTV's signal is known for its reliability and consistency. Customers have reported minimal disruptions or outages in their service. The signal strength may vary slightly depending on the location and weather conditions, but overall, DirecTV provides a strong and stable signal. Any reported issues or outages are promptly addressed by DirecTV's technical support team.

On-Demand and Streaming Options: DirecTV offers an extensive on-demand library and streaming capabilities. Customers have access to a wide range of movies, TV shows, and other on-demand content. The user interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and access on-demand content. While DirecTV's on-demand library may not be as extensive as some other streaming services, it still offers a satisfactory selection of content. The quality of streaming is generally good, with minimal buffering or playback issues.

Contract Terms and Cancellation Policy: DirecTV's contract terms include a specified length, typically ranging from 12 to 24 months. Early termination fees may apply if customers cancel their contract before the agreed-upon period. The cancellation policy is transparent, with clear information on any associated charges. While some customers may find the contract terms restrictive, others appreciate the stability and benefits offered by longer-term contracts. Overall, DirecTV's contract terms are considered fair and flexible.

Overall User Experience: The overall user experience with DirecTV's services is generally positive. Customers appreciate the wide range of channels and packages available, as well as the reliability of the signal. The quality of customer service and support is highly regarded, with prompt and helpful assistance provided. While there may be some limitations in terms of on-demand content and contract terms, DirecTV is still considered a reputable and reliable service provider in the industry.

How to file a complaint about DirecTV?

**Guide on Filing a Complaint Against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com:**

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to ComplaintsBoard.com. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button at the top right corner of the ComplaintsBoard.com website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with DirecTV in the 'Complaint Title' briefly and clearly.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact, etc.
- Provide relevant information to support your complaint effectively.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you seek.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure it effectively conveys your concerns.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com to stay informed about the progress.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact DirecTV customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 531-5000 +1 (855) 838-4388 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with DirecTV?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.