Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Installation was posted on Jun 4, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2008 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

Mar 20, 2020

DirecTV — No service for over a month

I have been a customer of DIRECTV for many years. I lose reception and go without television when the weather...

Mar 19, 2020

DirecTV — Tech told me to f off

On March 9, 2020 we had Direct TV come out to set up new service to our home in South Carolina after having...

DirecTV Talked to a diane taley she assured me in november 2019 my bill should be 108.00 per month after speaking to direct tv they say something different

i need a phone call from someone to much to explain after talking to a diane taley from att& or direct tv she assured me my bill should be cheaper the folks at direct tv tell me that the conversation i had with diane did not state that i want to resolve this issue i dont have the number just the name this dates back to november 2019

DirecTV No access to the debate tonight on cnn

We are on your family plan and therefor have no access to watch the Presidential debate tonight on CNN.
    The debate tonight should be available in all your packages because of it's obvious and critical importance to all Americans not only in the coming elections, but because the world is in pandemic status and we as Americans need access to all the info and legit advice we can get.
    Direct TV should have made sure that all customers have the access to watch the Presidential debate tonight on CNN.
    Direct TV is clearly putting profit before the basic critical needs of it's customers.
    I am reconsidering my loyalty to your service.

Direct TVCustomer service

I am looking for a different provider as I type this your reps are lying to me and telling my 4 year old child to shut up I have paid over $500 for crappy service since being a member for just over 3 months the service has been interrupted every 2 weeks and then they want more money the first disconnect I was told I had to pay $200 then 2 weeks later they interrupted again and said I had to pay $176.13 now exactly 2 and a half weeks later they say I have to pay another $175.10 I was told my services were billed together that was a lie I was told my total bill for tv and internet was $99.00 with free install and free equipment that also was a bold face lie I am 100% unhappy with your service and your reps. The installer was rude and was prior convicted of charges that should not permit him in a home with kids I was scared for me and my kids while he was here after being 4 hours late and then drilled holes in my house that he didn't need to I will tell others not to go with your service because I have been screwed over by your company

DirecTV The tech did not install properly and was not authorized by the owner to install.

The technician that came out installed the wires wrong and drilled holes in my home without authorization. Also it done damage and is currently causing more damage. I need it to be repaired thank you. There are four holes in the side of my home. In the picture only shows one please contact me [protected]. If the damage is not repaired I will be getting in touch with the FCC the Better Business Bureau and I will also hire an attorney to make sure that my damage is repaired.

Mar 06, 2020

Direct TV — Directv

Since AtNT have taken over direct tv its horrible, its not even ok, as ATNT comercial says, I spent the whole...

DirecTV Cost of directv service

I am charged $173 a month and everytime it rains my tv service goes out, alot of the time I turn my tv on it comes up no signal and I have to reset box, also I have been charged for 4 additonal tv's so all tv's could be viewed at the same time but only 4 tvs can be on at the same time, I do not think my service is worth $173 and when I call to lower my plan I find out I have to pay just as much for a lower plan. My contract is up Aug 4th and I will be cancelling at that time and will never recommend Directv.

Mar 05, 2020

DirecTV — Internet provider

I don't want to talk to a representative they are useless unless you are signing up a new contract. When I...

DirecTV Directv

I need someone in customer service or corp. to pull recordings from feb1, feb 27, and feb 28. in listening to these recording it would solve the problem. As nothing that was spoke about was left on record... The recording will show that the agent siad the problem was fixed and the 110 dollars woud be refunded back and bill would be corrected... This issues has been going on for months i have called every month from dec til now... each agent saying the problem would be corrected and that it would reflect on the coming month but never put in the notes... this is the reason i ask that the recording be heard from Jan to Feb 28...

DirecTV Directv

I cancelled my account in April 2019, turned my equipment in May of 2019 with email confirmation of receipt. Email in June with a balance of $0. Yesterday I received an email saying I was delinquent of $252. Called and was told it was for services for OCT/NOV 2019 for internet and TV which I did not have. Then I was told by the supervisor it was for over refund in Dec 2019...What?? I have a feeling someone re-activated my account without my permission as a search of the internet shows this has happened frequently. Now apparently my account has been sent to legal and the first and only email I received about this bill was yesterday. I have emails to support my account cancellation but not available to upload at this time.

DirecTV Billing

I just got my Direct TV in November. I am locked into a price for 12 months. However, my bill increased on the February bill. I called and they said it was a ATT increase to all customers. I am a Direct TV customer only. Does not matter. 3 years ago I cancelled my ATT phone service because of their policies. I loved my Direct TV. However, decrease in monthly income made me drop it. Now things are better but still on a monthly budget. And ATT still is a thorn in my side. I will be cancelling as soon as my contract is up and I will remember. Other options out there.

DirecTV I never get my invoice/ bill of how much my bill is for that month.

Hello, My name is Roosvelt Collins Sr. I've been with directv for a while now. the only complaint i have is, they never send my invoice of how much i will paying every month, Instead they just cut all of my tv's off. every month i have to call customer service multiple times to pay my bill, then they charge for reconnecting fee on top of everything. At this point it is getting out of hand, all i ask is to send my bill to the address i have on file.

Roosevelt Collins [protected]
                  Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                  Address- 10568 Spurlock lane clinton LA. 70722

Feb 20, 2020

Direct TV — location of satellite

To Someone in charge, DO YOU WANT TO LOSE A LONGTIMR CUSTOMER OVER $50.00??? I have tried to resolve a...

Feb 19, 2020

Direct TV/ATT — Sent to collections, even after they confirmed I had returned all of their equipment

After experiencing bad customer service I cancelled my Direct TV Service. I was instructed to return the...

Feb 19, 2020

DirecTV — payment and disconnection

My grandfather has been a customer of AT&T and DirecTv for going on 20 years. Not once has he missed a...

Direct TVrefund check

In Nov 2019 we canceled our Direct TV account and were entitled to a reimbursement or refund check of 153.06. I called back in Dec 2019 and was told it's in the mail. I called the 800 number on 2/06/20 and spoke with a young lady named Fatima (sp?). I was on the phone with her for over 24 minutes just to find out about my refund. Constantly put on hold asked over 4 times if I'd like to get direct tv again, after the 3rd time I had enough. I told her AGAIN I was only calling about my refund, I do not want to hear about any deals or purchasing it again. Very annoying. Again put on hold for the 12th time before she finally tells me the card (refund is put on a visa card instead of reimbursement check) is in the mail. I speak with her supervisor because there is no way the call should have taken that long.

DirecTV policies causing difficulties paying bill.

DirecTV discredited my very good checking account. Now tells me I am not allowed to pay by check. Although there is an abundance of funds in my account, it will take 6 months for system to remove the blocking of my checking account. My routing number is a 9 digit routing number starting with a zero. Previous payments made by mailing my check for over 7 years, DirecTV removed the first digit within their records.
                      On December 5, 2019, attempted to pay my bill by phone, entering my 9 digit routing number, starting with a zero. Since the routing number did not match, my payment was not accepted. Have been on the phone for HOURS, with no resolution. TD Bank requires the 9 digit routing number for electronic payments.
                      It is very hard to believe a company like DirecTV is unable to fix this problem sooner.

Feb 04, 2020

DirecTV — satellite tv

I have been charged for a Genie that was never provided and for services as at a second home. I have...

DirecTV new connection and service didn’t give rebates promised

Signed up offered $100 rewards card and got card for $50 only (lied to). Week later got letter confirming $300 rewards card for all new customers. Called and spoke to 10 people, hung up on twice. Arthur only guy who even tried (give this man a raise).

Do not sign up for direct tv they rip you off on rewards card and threaten cancellation fees!

Ever felt discrimibated against!

John devine

• Updated by JohnDevine · Jan 30, 2020

Called and spoke with 10 people today and no joy. Best offer $200 feel like I'm being discriminated against. Will try one more time then cancel. Will take free legal advice through my corporation on cancelation fees. Don't see how they can enforce this if the advertise this by letter and in web site but not for me - Direct TV rewards are only for certain individuals!! One last try and back to Comcast.

DIRECT TV DISCRIMINATES!