Menu

reviews & complaints

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Complaints Summary

50 Resolved
2236 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from MultiChoice Africa / DSTV with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints 2286

Sort by:

Newest MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews & complaints

K
12:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At 17h43 20th/02/2024 I called multichoice and have indicated that I would like to change my package from one decoder to another. I have a PVR and I wanted to change my subscription from decoder with serial number [protected] to PVR serial number A303222475. I gave the consultant the correct serial number where the decoder should move to extra view then...

B
9:19 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Account mess up

I had an issue with Showmax. I contacted Multichoice regarding the issue in the process my account was messed up. One of the agents canceled my contract of which I did not ask for. It's been 3 weeks that we have been struggling to get the account rectified. The issue started on the 29th January it's the 16 February and no one at Multichoice comes back with feedback. They don't even respond on their complaints. I don't know what kind of customer services this. No one that we have spoken to in the past 3 weeks has done what they said they were going to do. It's enough I can't use Showmax anymore because my decoder is not compatible now my dstv is also an issue.

Desired outcome: My Account needs to be rectified and all additional fees be reversed

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified MultiChoice Africa / DSTV representatives only. If you are affiliated with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV, please claim your business to access these details.

T
8:35 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Billing

I am on the compact plan and have been paying R450. I downgraded in December to their lowest package and was paying less than R150. I checked my app and discovered that I need to pay R730 by the 2nd of February. I called [protected] on the 24th of January at 14:13 and upon checking was told this has been escalated. I unfortunately forgot the lady I spoke to. She said I was given a discount and it was reversed? To date I await her to give me feedback as she said this will be rectified in 72hours. Exactly why I did away with them in the first place

Hide full review

Is MultiChoice Africa / DSTV legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals MultiChoice Africa / DSTV as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 2% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, MultiChoice Africa / DSTV stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering MultiChoice Africa / DSTV should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: MultiChoice Africa / DSTV achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. The company provides a physical address, 7 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Multichoice.co.za has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows MultiChoice Africa / DSTV website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Multichoice.co.za has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 2% of 2286 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
3:02 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Pricelock decoder and installations

I was contacted 3 weeks ago and agreed to a pricelock and new decoder. Installations was scheduled for Thursday 18/01. When I contacted the local installer they said they were notvaware and have not received decoders. I contacted DSTv and the arrange for another installations on Thursday the 25/01 also with JJ Electronic Richardsbay. Again i phoned the installers on Wednesdays to confirm and get a time, same story was not aware and do not have stock of the decoders. I had to contact DSTv again, they followed up with the local installers on Wednesday said they will get back to me but still have not... How can you advertice and waste my time like this. I need answe on when will it be resolved

Renier Oosthuizen [protected]

Desired outcome: Installation need to take place or I will cancel my 20 years plus contract with DStv

F
7:43 pm EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Payment not received/reflecting

I am disconnected every week and connect for three to four days and disconnected again. It takes calling and emailing as well as live chat to be reconnected every time I am disconnected beside that I was told to pay even though I have made payment already yet payment reflect every time I call the office but few days later it is no longer reflecting. I made payment using unusual method that I used before this seems to be the reason but I realized that was not the case therefore i should consider other options to get this matter resolved since calling the office doesn't help

Claimed loss: R179.00 plus reporting this matter 3 time R120.00

Desired outcome: Refund for both cost

10:48 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV DStv Disney Plus Subscription activated with no consent

This service has been automatically activated on my account since 16 September 2023 without my knowledge, with my billing only being affected in January 2024, as the prior months were discounted. This is unacceptable, as I had to waste time cancelling this subscription, as I only picked it up on my account today 02 January 2024. What authority does Multichoice have to do this, with no communication or consent whatsoever!

T
4:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Black Friday special - Explora, dish, installation, premium package PLUS a Takealot voucher of R1000. for R999 p/m for 24 months. as per the advert - the voucher was promised - NO limitation on number of vouchers etc. the agent whom we signed up with on 29/11 Hlengiwe - promised we would get our Takealot voucher within 3-5 days once installed and...

W
8:30 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV i have 5 months paying for data but its never loaded

Good day

I am Edith Mavana

I am sending this email heartbroken with the service i am receiving from Multichoice. I have been paying for data from August to date but the data is not loaded. I have called several times and did live chats. I am told one and the same story that the matter is being escalated i don't know where is it escalated to from August to December. Or maybe is it because i am black person that is why my matter is not taken serious. Can i be refunded my money that i paid for past 5 months or can the data for 5 months be loaded with immediate effect. I have been buying data for 5 months for my kids to be able to study because multichoice failed to deliver what was promised.

2:02 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV DSTV Streaming

DSTV Streaming only supplies one streaming login per subscriber irrespective of how many DSTV services I subscribe to.

I currently pay DSTV a monthly fee of over R3000 per month for 7 decoders and one streaming login.

My home in Cape \town does not have adequate satellite reception and the decoders rust in the salty air so I use streaming for both TV's. HOwever I can oly use one DSTV service at a time as the number of simultaneous streaming ID's is limited to one user.

This has been a problem for over a year since DSTV changed their policy to one user at a time, irrespective of how many subscriptions that user was paying for (7 in my case). They have promised a solution publicly but no soulton at this point in time.

Desired outcome: one streaming ID for every DSTV decoder/service

P
7:55 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Who is calling me and how do they get my number?

I am receiving calls from a person claiming to be from DSTV trying to sell me funeral cover, as part of the DSTV rewards programme.

I have made it very clear that I do not want telemarking from DSTV and on several occasions i have called them and re-confirmed this.When trying to call back on the number I received the call from, a message comes up that the number does not exist.

Who is calling me and how do they get my number?

D
11:37 pm EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Maps installations

Maps Installations installed a new LNB receiver and charged me R 2449.00. My problem is the price of the LNB receiver which was R1800.00. On the invoice they showed an Ultra receiver. The normal price for it is around R450.00.

The date of installation was 7 November 2023

I contacted the installer several times without any success.

Please follow up on this because it is giving a bad name to mulichoice.

Daan du Plessis

[protected]

Claimed loss: R1450

View 0 more photos
2:16 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Refund

I have been waiting for my refund for the past 3 weeks and no word after submitting all needed documents and no any update and they still have the nerve to remind me to pay my dstv month end /poor service ever and consultant don't even know what their doing hence people cancel this provider

Enquiry reference number : [protected]

Good day

Thank you for contacting billing and collection.

Kindly be advised that we have escalated to central finance to allocate the payment then process the refund and we're still waiting for feedback.

Even now its still evaluated?

9:03 am EST

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV dstv rewards

On sunday 2023/11/05 i spin the wheel and received a R100 cell c airtime. I claim my reward with the code that was given to me and the message i received was that it will be automatically be loaded on my cellphone provided within 24 hours. Until this time i never received it. This let me just wonder if your rewards is actually true. Maybe i am a bit hasty but when you say within 24 hours it must be beleive to be so. Thank you.

N
2:33 am EDT

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Explora 3D

My name is Bongani Xabanisa this month on the 11th i applied for a dstv compact hence i was using it before so my decoder is not working that's why i applied for the compact but to my surprise i was given family view explora 3d of which was not the actual agreement when i phoned the customer service they said they will listen to the voice recording and the supervisor said she will send the voice recording but they never send anything when i call i get dropped there is no one to assist with this issue because i don't want the Explora 3d i want the compact now i am stuck with this decoder and i have to pay multichoice has failled me dismally and no one is willing to assist on this issue till to date contact me on [protected]

Claimed loss: no required channels

Desired outcome: exchange to dstv compact

L
3:05 pm EDT

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV DSTV cutting off the Rugby Broadcast

For what possible purpose did you cut of registered subscribers?

By first sending a message that the account subscription is not paid, even though there are still 2 more days before the month-end

And even though the Account Subscription for November was paid in full immediately, you STILL blocked the broadcast.

What on earth is Wrong with you people ?

Account Number

[protected]

6:45 am EDT

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Holiday home

I want my holiday home package reconnected for the weekend they told me to pay R221 which I paid but after 11 calls to multichoice and the proof of payment send to [protected]@dstv.com nobody can help me similar happened in April had to payR1315 plus another amount never got any viewing but did not have time to follow up and now it happened again but this time I will fight back and I will demand that all money's be paid back as I got no viewing so please get compitent people to answer your phones I will also lay complaint on hello peter

Desired outcome: Give me service as the service Centre people are incompetent to help me

A
7:26 am EDT

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Dstv

To date my subscription has not been fixed. I’m on a 24 month subscription.

Which is R 559, all of a sudden, I’m being billed 674.

I have made numerous calls, DStv consults clearly don’t understand their own systems. I was told that a senior consultant will call me.. this is not rocket science., Do the math I want my subscription to be put back on R559… MY SUBSCRIPTION IS >>>>>> DSTV COMPACT+ DISNEY+ BUNDLE 24 MONTH DISCOUNT... YES 24 MONTH DISCOUNT.

THIS QUERY HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE SEPTEMBER.

I did not asked for any changes, pull all the calls.

My billing date is 25/10/2023.

Put my subscription back

Desired outcome: Put my subscription back to , DSTV COMPACT+ DISNEY+ BUNDLE 24 MONTH DISCOUNT....

P
6:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a two-year contract with Multichoice for an Explora ultra package which I'm paying R711 per month which is supposed to end month end October 2023. On the 26.08.23 Multichoice debited R910 from my account which left me puzzled. I called them the same day to inquire about the money debited. I was told that the money will be reversed into my account. I...

11:58 am EDT

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV most channels not opening and poor connection,

most channels are not loading. There is no connection due to poor signal or bad weather. Some channels opening but then the connection was poor. Flickering and freezing. The weather was good. Some channels were working but picture quality was bad. flickering and freezing.

Error message No connection due to bad weather or

Blank screen on some channels.

did scan in settings. Found all channels but still a problem

Desired outcome: fix it

7:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been loyal to multichoice for about 10 years now on a premium package. With the price increase of everything I prefer a price lock when one is offered to me. My "normal" monthly premium is around R1200 which includes namola and insurances. Multichoice will send an sms indicating how much I need to pay. Due to unemployment and not having a fixed...

Read full review of MultiChoice Africa / DSTV
How to file a complaint about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Make it specific and clear, for example, "Billing Error on DSTV Subscription."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint details section, provide a thorough description of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the problem with your MultiChoice Africa / DSTV service or product.
  • Any relevant dates and times when the issue occurred.
  • Details of any transactions, including subscription plans, payments, or refunds, and how they were affected by the issue.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the problem, including any communication with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV customer service.
  • The company's response to your attempts to resolve the issue, if applicable.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or disruption of service.

Be as detailed as possible to give a clear understanding of the situation and why it is problematic.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or screenshots. Do not include sensitive personal information like your ID number or credit card details.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from MultiChoice Africa / DSTV, such as a refund, service restoration, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint. Ensure that you have filled in all required fields and that your contact information is accurate for any follow-up.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. Be prepared to engage with any replies from MultiChoice Africa / DSTV or further inquiries from ComplaintsBoard.com to resolve your issue.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV contacts