Having problems with DirecTV?

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

lied until they got me stuck with the contract

They lied to me about packages and prices until the technician(Who has no idea about the package you bought) comes to your house and install the antenna. After the antenna is installed there is no way to get out of the contract. In my case, i was told by 3 different employees that i was going to pay 39 dolars per month for 200 channels, and 1 dvr and 1 receiver was already included. Me and my wife made sure that no other fee would be charged, and the first bill would be $39 plus taxes(We asked that question several times).
The techinian came and installed the antenna, and i asked him" so i have the 200 channels package right?" and he said, " i don't know the package you have, i just install the antenna", than he showed me a paper full of numbers and codes for me to sign, i signed and he took it with him. So, after one week i received a bill for 70 dollars.
I called customer service to find out what had happened.
Their employee told me that i had a 2 year contract and that the price was right for what i chose. I talked with 3 different customer service representatives before i decided to change to direct tv and no one told me about the 2 year contract, and all of then 3 told me the same monthly fee(39 dollars). After the antenna was installed i received a contract letter. In the contract it said that if i disagree with the contract that i could call and cancel the contract, and thats what we did, but the antenna was already installed and that was enough to be stuck in the contract. I have called direct tv many times to try to get some justice, it took many calls to lower my service to a cheaper package( they would tell me that the change was done, but than i would check it, and no change was made), i got hung up on phone a couple of times. I could write three pages about everything that has been wrong with direct tv service. I have had accounts with time warner and charter, but direct tv is the worst by far!!!!

anna Apr 03, 2008

Direct TV imposed an early termination fee of $460 on my account even when I cancelled the service the next day. The picture was blurry and the installers are clueless as to how to make it better. Dtv then told me I signed a contract upon completion of installation. This was when the harried installers shoved the lengthy very small print pink 2 page contract in my hands and asked for the signature that the work is complete before they can leave. Who would have thought they would resort to such dirty tactics ???? I called & write to their Dispute Dept. for a whole month - NO REPLY. Then on my final call, they told me a decision have been made, and I am to pay the early termination fee no matter what. I am fed up with this company and will take them to court if I have to. Please, people, DO NOT sign up with DTV unless you are willing to sacrifice customer service & hours of dissatisfaction.

protection plan

I recieved an offer in the mail to sign up with Direct tv sattelite service, seeing that it would save me some money I called the number on the flyer. I payed them upfront and was told a tec. would be out to install within 24 hours. 24 hours later I called them and was told that no one could have told me that because it takes longer than that to get a tec. out. Now I was getting a little upset because I called the other company I had and had my cable turned off thinking that the other would be on. So 2 weeks later the tec. shows up! 2 weeks of NO TV with my daughter home just having surgery!! Then I started having problems with the reception due to the sattelite being put in the wrong spot But I thought I was ok because I paid an extra $67 dollars when I signed up for a protection plan. BUT NO I was told that wasnt covered because people would want it moved because of the way it looked! I told the man its not my fault the tec. installed it wrong but they didnt care and wanted another $100. I told them forget it I would hire someone myself so I could watch tv within the next 2 weeks! In October I had more problems so I called to ask for a tec. to come fix it and they said ok 24 hours LOL I should have known better!! One month latter I hired someone AGAIN to have it fixed!! So beware when you order DIRECT TV go straight to them! They couldnt help me because I had used a (i guess )sub-contractor for Direct tv. So do not order from the number _[protected]_ they are nothing but liers !!! I am still waiting for a refund for the protection plan that I payed them for !! SO ORDER ONLY DIRECTLY FROM DIRECT TV

• Br
    Brian Drecksage Jan 26, 2008

I think you have come accross one of the very few bad sub contractor companys.. I am a Sub Contractor for Direct TV and when I install everything works.. I also back my work with a 6 month guarentee that everything will work as it should.. If any problems should arise the customer calls me and I get there within 24 hours to fix any problems.. I know what it is like to have no TV.. When the cable goes down it goes to the top of my priority to get it back up and running asap.. I would only charge in the case that the reason why it's not working is cause of the homeowner... I give the 6 month warranty incase if it's installed in the winter to make sure there is still a signal in the Spring and Summer. You should try calling Direct TV and telling them about the crooked company you have come accross.. Most of the installations of Direct Tv are done by Sub Contractors.. It saves them money and Headachs.

• Mr
    Mr Si-SI Sep 24, 2009

I recently signed up with Direct TV for their satellite service. I am paying a monthly fee to rent each receiver. I got in the mail today a confirmation for an additional $5.99 per month for a protection plan. When I called for an explanation, I was told that if anything happened beyond the first 90 days that they would not be responsible for repair or replacement of any of their equipment. What kind of a company is this that charges a monthly fee for equipment rental, but won't stand behind their equipment. Very disappointed.

erroneous and untimely billing

After I terminated I had a credit coming and they never sent it. Then 3 months later used 1/2 the credit for PPV billings from almost a year before which I had never ordered. Spent almost 1 hour on phone w/ 2 reps who semi-politelely pretended to "research " my complaint and then told me " no disputes can be resolved after the service is terminated. Suggesting that if I resumed the service something might be "done".
What a way to do business - even if the charges ($26) were appropriate the fact they were trying to collect them almost a year later.
The statement also says "Payment enclosed" and of course , it was not !

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will certainly join in w/ anyone who wishes to persue this thin further.

TB

mary delong Dec 10, 2007

i have given the runaround since sept. of 2007 about free portable dvd player offered by direct tv. I have spoke to Julie, Judy, Katherine, John,Abel,Shane,Abraham and today a supervisor named Alex told me that I couln't get the dvd payer because the installers worked for company that was't recognised by direct tv. I told her the installers told me that i would get the voucher in the mail to send in for it. Since I pay my bill through verizon I even called thehm to complain. the lady was relly nice and put me on hold so she could speak to direct tv herself. the supervisor told her that I would be receiving a voucher in the mail in five to seven buisness days and for me to let her know what happens. I told her that I would but that I figured it was just a scam direct tv was using because i believed a few years ago and they did the same thing.Don't believe the ads that they mail you or publish in the sunday papers . they already have their stories and false answers prepared for the consumer. I will honor my agreement with them untill my contract is up and then change to someone who can tell the truth and not mislead the public. I feel that this is alot more than direct tv has donee for me. I will never recommend direct tv to anyone and will certainly let people know what has happened to me.

• Cr
    CRCS Apr 29, 2009

I agree, I just hung up with the so-called direct tv customer service reps. I have never been so lied to and blinded by false advertising, and BS! I was supposed to get the advertised on line special from 2 months ago of up to 4 boxs at no cost, 75.99 per month for over 150 chanels to include HBO, Starz and Encore, what a joke. My service was hooked up on March 13 and March 14 a bill for over 100.00 was sent to me. I never received any credits towards my bill for the boxs, in fact they charged me an additional 5.00 for each box in my house! I called back after being hung up on by a female rep. that was extremely rude, did not care that I was an unhappy customer she just wanted off the phone with me, then when I called back a second time I got a guy on the phone that was almost as bad, he was patronizing, and rude as well. When I asked for a manager to speak to, another guy got on the phone who also was rude and unhelpful, when I asked about my so called promo's he gave me a number of 1-877-573-4388 which says when I called it "THIS IS Direct TV, THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED" ! Are you kidding me the Better Business Beruea will certianly be receiving my compliant daily until something is done! Now I can not even cancel this joke of service because they have me on a 2 YEAR contract which I can not cancel without ruining my credit and charging me over $400.00, yea the rep's on the phone had no trouble informing me of my rights to NOT cancel!!! But they were unethical and extremely unprofessional when it came to good BUSINESS PRATICES!! Please joing me if you have been SCREWED by DRIECT TV!!! CR from Tennessee

billing customer service extra fees

They have the worst customer service. we received a bill that had 80 dollars worth of ppv. they said they were gonna credit it 3 months ago. Its now added back into our bill. we paid by debt card and authorized our payment of 65 dollars then we received our bank statement they authorized 2 payments of 10.99 and 2 payments of 14.99 with out our permission now i had to close my bank card and wait for a new one while they investigate. Im pissed so then i gop to call to cancel they want to charge me 120 fee to disconnect its been 12 months and the early disconnect is on the dvr player i already bought. Im so upset my 65 dollar bill is turning into a 400 bill and its ridiculous. Other people need to be warned.

• Ro
    robert loar Jul 31, 2008

i sign up for verizon 99 dollar pkg which included tv. Direst tv keep over billing me and refused to turn bill over to verizon. The Fcc need to shut down this companies that scam people. They broke the agreement and they expect me to pay them the fee for early termatiom

• Ra
    raquel Aug 05, 2008

I am going thru a similar thing with direct tv a suspended account due to awaiting HOA installation approval turned into an unauthorized charge to my debit card of $673.04. It's fraudulant!!!

• Br
    Brian Oct 23, 2008

Point blank DIRECT TV is TOTALLY dis-honest! When I solicited them I was leaving Dish because of their overcharges! Boy am I surprised now by the lies that DIRECT dumps on you. I was told my DVR would record 2 shows while I watch 1...IT DOESN'T! I was told the Direct dish is "NEW" technology and it does not go out in bad weather. The 3rd day I had Direct, a rain storm shut it down for 45 minutes. I was told my DVR could be viewed at the other 2 receivers I ordered through the remotes for the other 2 boxes. WRONG!! you can't watch anything from another receiver other than the 1 that recorded it! I was told I would get Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and HBO free for 3 months...I did, then they started charging me for the service w/o my permission! I was told my bill would be $49.99 per month TOTAL! Now I am being billed $49.99 + 4.99X3 for 3 seperate converter boxes and another $45 a month for HBO, Showtime and Starz! In closing ALL of the above conversations were recorded by DIRECT TV as I placed my order. Now that I am contesting almost everything, they "CLAIM" they can't access my voice recorded phone order detailing EVERYTHING I claim above!! WHAT A SCAM. DO NOT ORDER DIRECT TV!!! They are worse than Fannie Mae and the rest of the CORPORATE CROOKS raping this Country!!! Don't beleive me, call me 919.291.1949. "B"

customer service problems

Here is a copy of the letter we sent out today with regards to our early cancellation of DirecTV. Company is under-whelming and over promises and under-delivers. And apparently under- staffs as well.
Will update this blogsite if we have a formidable outcome w/ company.

DirecTV INC
PO Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO

November 26, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing today to express my great dissatisfaction with regards to your Customer Service and to request a full refund of all fees associated with our early cancellation.

Our family was a DirecTV customer for approximately 1 year’s time. We chose DirecTV based on value (we chose a ‘bundle package’ with Qwest our telephone company.) Initially we were disappointed with our service, as we often experienced outages and scrambled signals when it rained (we live in Seattle and rain is a given).
We paid to upgrade our service to include HDTV, and then learned after the fact that our local network channels would not be supported. When we called to complain, we were told we could petition, and then still every single broadcast network declined the petition.
We needed to ship equipment back in exchange for our new HDTV receiver box. We did not do this in a timely enough manner, and DirecTV charged us a ‘non-returned equipment fee’. It took over 2 months to get that money refunded back to us, and countless hours on hold with customer service, most of that time waiting for someone to actually pick up the phone.

We bought a new home in July 2007. Because we were in contract with DirecTV, we knew that we would be charged if we did not ‘move our service’ to our new home. We were very upset that as a practice the company does not recycle their equipment and that instead of moving the current dish to our new home, we would have to leave it behind, affixed to the house, or pay to dispose of it ourselves. In this day and age, not recycling, is simply not responsible, and we were very upset to learn that a company the size of DirecTV would not choose to be environmentally responsible.

Despite our disappointment in coverage, service issues, and learning about the irresponsible disposal processes the company engages in, we STILL decided to move our service to our new home, so that we did not have to wage a war over an early cancellation clause.

So we called customer service ‘1-866-WAY-U-MOVE’, and attempted to schedule this move to our new home. After waiting on hold for what seemed like an eternity (I called 3 separate occasions in a weeks window and sat on hold for 30-45 minutes each time); I finally reached someone in a call center. They told me the systems were DOWN and they couldn’t help me. They transferred me to another call center in hopes their systems could support my call and request, but unfortunately nobody was available to do their job that night. I was told I would get a phone call back and they would arrange the service from there.

We did get a phone call several days later. By that time we had decided our time was too valuable to continue to work with DirecTV and we’d be better off paying more and moving our business back to Comcast. That’s when our real problems began.

So we tried to cancel our service. Again I keep marveling that a company as big as DirecTV would not invest in their customer service. I have now spent countless hours on hold with your various service representatives. Have called no less than 4 different lines, I am always redirected, and put on hold. Some of your folks are polite, some are not, I got hung up on or ‘disconnected’ 6 times in the course of trying to cancel. I did however reach someone promptly when I said I wanted to ‘add service’. Sadly that person in the call center couldn’t help me when I admitted I really just desperately needed to speak to someone b/c I needed to ‘cancel service’.

What became interesting to me is that all my time on hold, I was always re-directed back to the website. I love the internet, and prefer to pay bills, handle problems etc on websites. However I learned that you couldn’t use the website to ‘MOVE your service to a new home’ and there was certainly no path that enabled you to cancel service online or request your own money be refunded when owed to you. So the website was designed only to benefit DirecTV not the consumer.

On my third attempt I was finally able to reach someone to personally cancel my service. Despite everything I was very polite about it, we even encouraged the folks that bought our house to use DirecTV since the HD satellite dish was already there waiting for them (and we couldn’t in good faith add it to a land fill). We left them our HD receiver box so that they could initiate service right away. We later learned we were supposed to send this box back- which we did, but not before DirecTV charged us an unsuspecting $473.36 to our credit card on August 24th 2007.

It has now been over 3 months, and I have received 2 statements from DirecTV showing that we have a credit due to us in the amount of $261.36 b/c we did indeed return the box. However, with these statements, a check has never been issued. I tried the internet site, went to billing, see my credit, but there was no way to request the check. So I had to call…

Surprisingly I got someone in less than 5 minutes this round. But I was transferred 4x and each time I had to re-explain exactly why I was calling, and why it was that we were owed money. I was finally informed it was standard policy to wait 6-8 weeks for refunds and mine was due up this week. Strange since it’s November 26th and we cancelled our service in the beginning of JULY.

I am a loyal consumer and a reasonable person. But I have now had nearly 5 months of grief and my time completely wasted. I expect to have the $261.36 non-returned equipment fee refunded immediately, and the $212 early cancellation fee waived based on the above testimony. We in good faith did try to move our DirecTV service, but due to the very poor customer service along every step of the way, DirecTV as a company did not meet our minimum expectations to deserve our continued business and support.

I would appreciate a prompt reply, and a speedy remedy to the situation. I surely don’t want to call to follow up on our refunds due.

We all have choices in this highly competitive business environment, and I hope you choose the consumer this time.

• This company makes agreements that they do not keep and obligate you to a contract that you did not agree to or sign. I have been promised free services and then get charged for them.

You have no recourse, they will take the money for anything out of your checking account for costs other than the service billing and other things that were not agreed to.

With all of the complaints against this company I can't figure out why there has not been a class action law suit against them.

• Ji
    jimmbo Feb 19, 2009

Hey i signed up with directv 7 years ago and last year i actually had a receiver that broke on me and as i called them up to replace it, they replaced it with no problem. Now little did i know they snagged me in a another 2 year contract and upd my bill every month!!! I tried to cancel but i would of had to pay 450 cancelation fee. What a bunch of scams. Their whole company is based on illegal practices. Go with comcast for cable where there is no contracts! But directv is the biggest scams out there.

• Jc
    jc157105 Jul 07, 2009

I have had the utterly WORST customer service experience with DirecTV! I work in customer service, so I know what customer service entails... DIRECTV FAILS IN EVERY WAY!

I decided to cancel my service after one year of service. I was told that my final charge would be 57.15 and it would be all I have to pay (unless there was damage to the receivers when I sent them back - I would be charged for that as well). Well one week later I see $115.89 deducted by DIRECTV from my Chase account, which of course overdrafted my account. (It was the beginning of the second week of the month so I just emptied out my account for rent.) Chase then charged me the $33.00 overdraft fee. THEN I GET ANOTHER DEDUCTION THAT DAY FROM DTV of $80.01!!! AND of course ANOTHER overdraft fee of $33.00. I called DTV and asked what was going on. They said that it was the "early cancellation fee;" I informed them that the woman I spoke to assured me there was no cancellation fee since my contract was over. They apologized and said that I would have to wait 8-10 business days for the return to take place. Meanwhile I could fax a copy of my overdraft charges to a 1800 number and they would review it, and also issue me a refund for that.

Well I have now called DTV four times over the course of a month and a half... I still have not received my $195.90 back from DTV... NOR have they refunded me the 66.00 they caused in overdraft fees.

I am so annoyed with them I am about to just call it quits and count the money as lost. The icing on the cake was that every time I called, the customer service reps had no idea what I was talking about (regarding my refunds).

The whole encounter with them was awful and I will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE!

• Do
    Donald E.Crissman Dec 02, 2010

I have been a loyal Direct TV customer only to not receive good customer service. After three days of intermitten signal I have yet to have a technician to come out to the house to look at the problem. Sucks I shouldn't have to be running around checking out there system for the problem. You Suck

lied about 30 day trial!

We signed up for their "30 day risk free trial". My husband had been a customer 2 yrs. before and was "inactive" When I signed up I asked 3 times, this is a 30 day trial right? But when we went to cancel they said we didn't qualify and now they've been billing us 280$ for over a year. Any company in the world would simply be interested in basic reasonable customer service. Not them! Direct TV is evil! Poachers of the little guy! They should be shut down!

• Do
    Doug Baer Nov 21, 2007

Contact your State Attorney Generals office & make a case to them. Have dates, billed $$, phone contacts with the TV company to give them. You have to go after these bad companies. They are counting on you doing nothing more than complaining... like everyone else.

janet Nov 12, 2008

i just started service with direct tv not even one week ago. i called 1800 directtv to start service and they said i had a 30 day trial and i just tried to cancel my service because they told me that i would have free installation in up to four rooms at any time within my contract. when i called not even one week after i started my service to get another box in my room they told me i would have to pay 220.00 for the basic reciever and 5.00 a month for the service. i was aware of the 5.00 a month but they lied about the free installation. then when i told them i was misinformed and i would like to cancel they said my trial period ends as soon as the equiptment is installed and that i would have to pay $360.00 to cancel. bad business. i have never had trouble like this with any company.

• Js
    jsss1234 Jul 02, 2009

direct tv is horrible!!! i just got direct tv two days ago... i called direct tv one day after i started service (within 24 hours) to cancel my service. i asked the lady on the phone how long i had to decide if i wanted to cancel. SHe told me 30 days and i asked her over and over again "your sure i have 30 days?". "Yes sir, 30 days".. So i didnt decide to go throgh with canceling that day. The next day (which is today (two days into my service)) i called to cancel and they are now telling me that i only had 24 hours to decide. I tried to tell them that i did call to cancel yesterday and they told me i had 30 days. They said no, 24 hours is the limit. So i am furious right now. I am contacting my state (ohio) utulities commission and reporting this. This is BULL!! dont go with direct tv

salesmen lied about prices, and refer a friend!

I am complaining about the Salesmen that came to our Senior Apartments, and lied about prices..also, refer a friend, which means you refer a neighbor, and receive a $25.00 rebate, or something like that, which I did and never received a thing.. These two guys came, they were from the San Fernando Valley, gave a demonstration about Direct TV. One was name Shaun, I believe. Anyway, they lied to about nine of us that did get Satellite TV. I called his number, several times and he never answers. I have had Direct TV for about three or four months now. I gave up...one of my neighbors is also complaining, she said she is going to contact BBB. You need to check-up on these guys, and others that lie to customers, just to make a buck...

cancellation fees

I recently moved to arizona and was forced to stay in one place for a month or two while I was waiting for my...

unauthorized withdrawal from banking account

I just got off the phone with three "managers", Jesus, Employee # [protected], Rene, Employee # [protected] and one other incompetent customer service employee. O'yeah Javier is supposed to call me back within 20hrs. Right! $475 dollars was withdrawn from my banking account for receivers that had not been returned to them and a balance due on my account,even though the boxes came to my house about 24 hours before the withdrawal out of my account. Every manager I spoke to kept me on hold while they took their time looking in their dialogue index for "wants their money back". I was given the same answer, it's in the policy and you agreed to this when you signed up. Agreed for them to take out as much money as they see fit without any notice! I don't think so. I asked for their permission to record our conversations and did. I am now in the process of talking to my lawyer, filing a claim with the BBB, my local attorney general, as well as the Federal Trade Commission. Their practice is unethical and should be against the law. I encourage all of you that have had similar situations with this company to file a complaint with your local attorney general, the Federal Trade Commission as well as the BBB.

• Li
    Lisa Mar 21, 2008

My situation mirrors yours almsot to the penny.
    This is a travesty.
    I can't believe it's not criminal.
    I can't believe I've been raped for $475 dollars for horrible customer/technician service, deceptive practices, misinformation...or just plainly uninformed cancellation policies (or scams as I see it)
    A very, very expensive lesson learned, one I truly could not afford.
    I have contact ed the BBB and my Attorney General, what good that will do, I'm sure is nill.

Good luck!

• Mo
    Morbo Sep 18, 2008

$840 here, exact same issue. They sent the shipping box, we took an extra week to get things ready to ship back, then BAM! $800 GONE from the account.

Called them immediately, They gave the same spiel... We had a ONE YEAR contract, One receiver went bad near the end of that contract, so they sent a replacement. They didn't say a WORD or even send any paperwork about a renewal of contract...

They do this all the time, then whammy you for a ton of money just because they think they can. And even as an UNAUTHORIZED withdrawal from your account.

THis happened to us just YESTERDAY. Needless to say we filed for this at our bank, and will most likely be getting into contact with the same organizations you are referring to.

• So
    SomewhereDownInTexas Jan 07, 2009

Just to let you know, when there are two key things that you sign away when you sign the customer lease agreement when you first have your directv installed. First is that you sign that you will not take directv to court for any reason what so ever, so your case wont stand up very well in court when you signed that you will not take directv to court. Second you also sign that directv has the right to automatically withdrawal any funds owed to directv using the credit card or bank information they have on file with or without your consent at the time because sigining the agreement you are giving consent for any time that you owe money.

• Gr
    G Richards Mar 29, 2009

Directv tech or whatever he was did not provide service as requested and I called to cancel and complain about the damage in my attic and the shortcuts he took to install and no service for another TV in my home.
    I called Dish Network to help and of course they did. When I went on-line to pay bills there was a deduction for $1, 094.10 from Directv. This was an unauthorized deduction from my checking/credit card account. I called immediately and was treated like as if I had commented this crime. I told them I wanted to speak to the highest official for Directv, still the same attitude - I asked for the President of Directv name & ph# and was told they don't know. I informed them, this company will NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS CRIME AGAINST Consumers.
    I called the Texas General Attorney's Office and I guess I will need some more help without Expensive Lawyers. We Need to be protected from the major company's fraud and nothing was signed to approve this or any withdrawals except for $26.00 for hardware installment and this was done over the phone with customer service. Can anyone help me this unlawful action?

• In
    Ingoditrus Oct 01, 2010

I've been a Direct Tv customer since 2006, switched over to comcast 8/10. Paid the final bill sent their receivers back. While checking my account statement 10/1/10 I noticed a withdrawal for 100.00 from direct Tv stating I didnt pay for PPV's in 2007? Are you serious? When I contacted them they were unwilling to remove charge, I assured them they've been paid. I've always paid my bills on time. I am disputing the charge with my bank. Also I advised them to remove my credit information from their system. I chose paper billing, they never sent a me paper bill to support the 100.00, coincidence? I think not. It's like their pissed that I left them for comcast. They will never be referred by me. I will send reports to anyone who listens. I also stated I would take them to small claims court. I read somewhere that we signed off on that ability to sue. I mean how can I go back and research statements from 2007 to prove that I paid, when i mostly paid online. I will sign on to any class action suits!!! LEt's stop this madness and rape of big companies!!!

early termination fees

On 4/15/07 I purchased an hdtv at best buy, the salesperson said they were having a promo on direct-tv. I...

48 hr to cancel?

Imagine this, you only have 48 hrs to decide weather you like their service or not, how ridiculous is that?! The contract i have in my hands says i can cancel within 7 days of signing the contract but when i called i was told that the contract was changes and the "charges re valid" their policies had changes and the contract i got was wrong and not valid, the apologize and said i needed to pay the amount billed for. So i guess we signed a an old contract and that our fault? These people are scammers...

• El
    Elis Jul 21, 2008

I was told I had 21 days to cancel and try it out reconfirmed it twice, when I called the first time-they said no that is not correct only 7 days to cancel (I was on about day 8). Now I am told I had to have cancelled within 24 hours-even less time than your 48 hours. I didn't even sign anything-fighting this one!

• Ly
    Lynne Jan 26, 2009

They told you 48? They told me 24 hours... Can't talk to any supervisors, they dont' exsist, so tomorrow I'm gonna file a complaint with the BBB in town here.

• Ho
    Howard Mason Jun 23, 2009

My name is Howard mason i applied for a job with direct tv in september 2008 and never gotten callled in for an interview. I notice that everyone that filled out an application the same day with me gotten hired only two are three month later. those people that gotten hired knows someone that work in hr. Why haven't i gootten hired yet since i dont need any expericence i dont think anything should be complicated.

inexcusable customer service

The day we dropped the "free" premium channels which were part of our new customer purchase plan, we lost reception on more than half of all other channels. We reported this the next day. We were walked through a number of steps by a customer service rep. Those did not work so he suggested we climb on the roof (we have a 3 story house) and check out the dish. We refused to do that and were told to give it a try for a few more days to see if the problem would correct itself. We called again the next day to set up a service call and were walked through more do-it-yourself repair steps. This process went on for 5 days. When a service call was finally set up we were told our warrenty had expired and we would have to pay for it as well as any repairs. We'd never of paying for repairs on something that was leased and not owned outright. We requested our contract be cancelled. We were then transferred to Tony (badge number U7402)in the Retention Depart in AL. He agreed to send a service person 1 week later to install all new wiring, a new dish, and new receivers at no charge to us. When the service tech arrived his work order did not match the agreement. He talked with Shane in ID to straighten out the matter. Shane authorized him only to test the receivers. They worked, but the problem was still there. More calls were made to Shannon and Tom in OK. Tom said is was a software problem. TO BE CONTINUED

• Si
    SICK_TIRED Feb 04, 2010

STRONGLY AGREE.
    TYPICAL, JERK YOU AROUND, SPIN THE WHEEL.
    DECEIVING PRACTICE, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    TIME TO MOVE ON TO WEB TV OR OVER THE AIR FREE.
    I AM GLAD TO SEE IF SOMEONE COULD SHOOT THE SAT DOWN.

maryann myers Jun 30, 2010

i dont have a complaint but i would like help changing my email add.to [email protected] now its [email protected] we cant get into my husbands email so [email protected] is our new email. can you help us get into our account? thank you

maryann myers Jun 30, 2010

i need help changing email can you help or not

• Na
    nascar88 Nov 11, 2010

ever sence you guys took sirius satilite away i have been mad as a hornet . sonic tap sucks and the quality it horrible and who in america wants 10 more hispanic channels not me

• Di
    disconnected Dec 01, 2010

deceptive practices. Get you under contract then dispute contract agreements with programming prices and charges. Not a trustworthy service!

• Bu
    butch Jan 14, 2011

Do Not Sign Up...straight BS! Your bill doubles with the HD BS they keep on your TV, and that two yr contract but only honor the pricing one yr crap is hilarious!!! Attorney general's office would love this one

• Ar
    arthur leggett Jan 13, 2014

i have been a direct tv customer for years and i am appalled to learn you are discontinuing the weather channel, this will place millions of americans in harms way without their up to date forecasts.seems to me you could negotiate some agreement to keep this important service available.

• Ei
    eilantolowns Sep 16, 2015

Waited over four (4) hours for installation. Direct T.V. never showed up, and then they lied, and stated that they had called to reschedule the appointment (which they had not called). I had to take time off work for the installation, and they never offered an apology, only a new installation date. I was "going to be a new customer", and I am glad I found out about the awful customer service before officially obtaining the service. I demanded my money back for the equipment, and decided to stay with Dish.

scammed a loyal customer

I loved directv. To think that I will never, ever use them again, still doesn't feel good. I had them for 5 years, before the event.

So what is the story? Simply put, I moved and took advantage of the movers' program. Remember, I liked directv. I didn't want to get rid of them for nothing!

Move forward another year, and I move again as I sold my home before my new one being built is finished. I suspend my service, while I live in temporary residence. My new home completed, I have directv. Come out to install. The guys show up, and the only place to put the dish is on my garage in a very conspicuous place. Then they inform me that all the hd boxes I had purchased in the last 18 months ($1200.00 worth) were no longer good and that I had to buy new ones. I have 4 hd t. V.'s in my home. That is a lot of money. I decide, with regret, that it is too much to take on. I decide to go with cable, no big dish on my garage roof, no additional cost of hd boxes etc.

Move forward a month. A get a bill for 380 dollars. Mind you I have not had a service in 7 months. They inform me that I have an early termination fee. Remember, I have been with directv for 5 years. Early termination??? I call twice to dispute, the answer each time is, "we don't understand why you have an early termination fee." you have been with us for a long time. We will escalate and get back with you. I get one more bill and then nothing.

Move forward to today, I get a collections call. Of course I go crazy. I like my credit. I call billing, and again no answers. No one can tell me why I have a cancellation fee or why I owe all this money. I am told to write a letter to disputes and they will get back with me in 10 days. Whatever. So I call the svp's office ellen filipiak. I get a gatekeeper who tells me she can help me. After telling her the story she informs me the reason I had an early termination was because when I moved the first time and took adavantage of the mover's program I committed to a two-year commitment. That is right folks, the program they have to mitigate the churn when people move, the most vulnerable time to a cable or satellite providers customer base, they slap you with a two year commitment. Interesting "mover's program". And no I didn't see or read the "service" agreement, that is my fault. But I can tell you, they didn't tell me about it.

At least now I know why, my bill was so high. But here is the best part. I am in collections now, because no one at directv could tell me why I owed the money and I was told that they agreed, I shouldn't owe an early termination. I am not in collections because I wouldn't pay. I say fine, I think you policy is deceptive and cheap, but i'll pay. However, you need to let the collections company and the credit bureau's aware that the reporting was a mistake and that I am not delinquent, but that I was given poor information. There answer: "we are not going to call equifax (The credit bureaus)."

I am now looking at a ding to my credit due to the fact that they slip in a contract mimimum at the most inconspicuious time and with little to no disclosure and the fact they gave me misleading information and the lack of information about what I actually owed an why. Their unwillingness to take action or accountability for their inability to communicate and manage their business appropriately amazes me.

I have paid the bill, early term and all and will never, ever, ever use them again. Directv's integrity is in question, their commitment to customer is in question and their overall business practices are deceptive at the very least. Finally, this says nothing for the inept dolts they employ to engage with the customers.

My recommendation: don't go near directv, they will smile while they are picking your pocket.

• Ln
    lnfkdf Mar 04, 2013

Customer for 12+ years. In April 2012 received a letter offering updated boxes. Went ahead and received tw of them "absolutely free" we were told. Free is good. Should have realized nothing is free. In January 2013 switched to Verizon to get their triple play (internet, phone, cable). Cancelled with Directv. Received a bill for a $100.00 termination fee. Called Directv to inquire why we would be billed an early termination fee when we have been a Directiv customer for !2+ years. Apparently, when we activated our new boxes in April 2012, a new one year term was generated. We cancelled before April 22, 2013, hence the early termination fee. I have emailed them repeatedly and always get a prompt response . . . according to your Customer Agreement . . . .you terminated early. Personally, not that thrilled with Verizon, but will never be a Directv customer again.

• Th
    thinid Mar 25, 2013

Infkdf,
    It's great that as a loyal customer, you were able to receive an upgrade of at least $200 in free equipment. However, the offer you received would have noted that accepting requires a 12 month service agreement. Yes, I know, it's in the "fine print", but it was there whether you chose to read it or not. When you called to accept the offer, the CSR would have read to you a disclosure stating that upgrading your Standard Definition receivers requires a new 12 month agreement beginning on the date you activate (connect) them. Then, you would have been transferred to our third party verification service, where another person would have verified that you understood this new service agreement and that you accepted it. That is three times that you would have been informed about the new 12 month service agreement BEFORE you received and activated the equipment.
    Did you contact DirecTV before cancelling your service? If so, you would again have been informed of your remaining obligation and the early termination fee. Verizon is one of our bundling partners for phone and internet services. In most of the country, our bundling discounts combined with their new customer pricing results in a lower cost than Verizon's "Triple Play".

Resolved direct tv fraud

Mr. Chase carey, (Direct tv) I was charged for service for 14 months you never provided at all at 9833...

fraud & cheating!

Company charged us for nfl football sunday package worth over $300 that we never ordered and they said we had to pay it because we didn't say we didn't want it! Fraud. They then charged my credit card for $600 to cover early termination fee which I never authorized. We are fighting it. Their employees lie to you on the phone and hang up on you. The installation team came to the house an left the receiver in the box - unconnected - and said they had another appointment.

Avoid directv at all costs!!!

• Mi
    Micheal Gentry Jan 12, 2008

• Gr
    gry123 Apr 17, 2013

ordered DirectTV's bundle package for satellite internet, TV and Phone. What I got was billed upfront on my card $221.15. What I got on the day the young man was late hooking it all up was, DirectTV, (Nothing else). I ask where was the phone and internet. I was told that he was only there for the TV hookup and the others he had no idea what I was talking about. I told him to discount the TV and call his company and tell them I was killing the service then and there. I was then told by him that the boxes and cards inside them had to be mailed back in within 5-7 days or they would be billing me for their equipment. To this date 4-17-13 I have received no boxes for the returns. I was told by DirectTV to throw the recievers away and now the cards because they are no longer good or used any more. (Why was garbage used in my home/account? The TV washooked up on the 4-4-13 and I called DirectTv and canceled on 4-5-13. Guess what they told me, (I was NOT going to get my $221.15 back, just $2.47)! Because they hooked the TV up! I didn't have the rip-off service for 12-13 hours and it's costing me $218.68! I know/feel this is/was nothing but Theft By Deception! Isn't there a law for this? I just went to my bank and filled a complaint against DirectTv for my refund in FULL. They took my card and are sending me a new card. The bank put my money back on my account But, if DirectTV disagrees, then the money will be taken back off my account. Next I am writing the Attorney general and BBB to see what kind of Business DirectTv really is. I hope everyone finds out what crooks the DirectTv really is before they too get taken for NOTHING! Pissed off big time, 100% disabled Vietnam vet, Gary Hayes, Sr.

Resolved direct tv installers need to go back to disney with there mickey mouse suggestion

I have had a similar nightmare with direct tv installation crew but i didn't find out that the direct tv and the "direct tv installation crew" were in a sense two separate entity's until i was transferred several times through every department to clear up a cancellation order because there service was terrible. First i order direct tv with premium channels. Second they schedule there install with the standard 4 hour window o. k. Next they arrive install the dish on the wall come to find out my community HOA says it must be installed on a pole in the ground mind you i'm not the first customer in my neighborhood shouldn't they have known this and been prepared properly "YES" but that wasn't the case they wanted to charge me additional $$$. Then they cut my original cable coax on the exterior instead of simply unscrewing the connection. After that they proceed inside to remove a splitter that looped my 1st floor with the 2nd floor cable outlets and say they need to run new coax up the exterior into the front bedroom through my hall and into the second bedroom in order to install my two receivers for those bedrooms. Oh and this wasn't gonna be free there was going to be a $$$ charge for this decorator cable running on my floor through my house. Fortunately my wife said no to all there ridiculous suggestions and they leave having installed 1 of the 3 receivers ordered,And no evidence of a workorder and the discrepancies discussed with there potential customer. So I turn on my direct tv to find out i have basic cable channels and no premium channels as ordered at this point i'm ready to cancel which takes me five days including sat, sunday because of the absurd operators that transferred and disconnected my calls finally when i speak with an operator and cancel everything for poor service they tell me there going to charge me for the days i used my direct tv with basic cable channels- Mind you before directtv my basic cable was on and working because of the HOA arrangements with the local cable company. And in order to dispute the charges which would be around "$8. 33" i would have write a letter to another direct tv enity what are you SERIOUS. It doesn't end there then i have to start on getting there equipment returned so i don't get charged a ridiculous fee for the garbage it is. Which takes another set of phone calls only to be transferred and disconnected several times before reaching the notorious installation department to find out why no one except myself knows i have only one receiver not three. finally i hope finally they have cleared up this cancellation nightmare nope they send three boxes for there equipment only i can't figure out how to fit the satellite in the other two boxes come to find out after more calls the other boxes are for 2 receivers never installed and the satellite is mine like i want your satellite "NO" i guess it really is that crappy there own company doesn't want it back. And so i thought it was over after they cancelled the 2 fed ex labels that were prepaid by them thanks for something right "no" not quite i get a bill for 137. 00 for cancellation fees. Cancellation of what i was never your customer because you never gave me customer service. i did'nt have contract with directtv for one receiver it was three my suggestion to them is stop hiring unqualified installers and trying to charge customers for unnecessary work and by the way i have been doing electrical work for 15 years plus and if i ever told a customer an outlet can't be wired properly and come up with a solution like running an extension cord through there house for everyone to see and for them to live with for a undisclosed amount of time i 'd be out of business. it's not the holidays year round- cords and cables should never be exposed year round either. Direct tv installers need to go back to disney with there mickey mouse suggestion. That. Knuckleheads

• Yo
    yourmommason Feb 06, 2010

you sound like a ###. i am an installer and come from hundreds of installers. and you think we all send out messages like you have do do a pole mount in ###ville. we have to put up with more of direct tv's ### than you can even imagine so why don't you shove you stereotype of an installer up your own dumb ###.

• Yu
    yupper Feb 23, 2010

not all installers are ### but the jerk was that did my house.he cut all the cable runs to every room in my house.stole my multiswitch and left a mess.customer svc wanted to charge me to repair it!!from now on i will do the work myself.

Resolved not able to receive the superfan games in high-def

I have sunday ticket superfan, and high-def programming. This is the second sunday that I have not been able to receive the superfan games in high-def. My hd works fine on the movie channels, and on espnhd, but on the superfan channels it does not. They come in as full screen only (Stretched to fit) and standard definition. And, again only on the superfan channels, some of the remote control buttons (Format, info) do not work. These buttons do work on the other hd channels.

I have spent over a week trying to deal with your customer service reps. First I was told that there is a problem with the way my system is hooked up (If that were the case, I would receive no hd at all, not just on the superfan channels). Then I was told that it was my receiver. When I called the first time today, I was told that directv is aware of the problem, and is fixing it.

I just spoke again with one of your reps. I requested that a technician come out to swap out my receiver, which obviously is not working correctly. I was told that I would have to pay $70 for that.

She was also one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. She argued with me about when my dish was installed (It was august of 2005) , about when I started my programming package (Two weeks ago, after being "suspended" since jan. 2007) , and about how I could "hook up the receiver" myself.

I am requesting, with this message, that directv fix whatever is causing the problems I outlined above. I believe I need a technician to physically come to my house and hook up a new receiver, at no cost to me.

The only other option I see is that I cancel your service. I am not in the habit of paying for a service that I do not receive.

will not refund money

Cancelled service 6-16-07. Had been paying by visa credit card auto pay plan. It is 9-26-07 now. Have contacted directv numerous times as to refund of credit money. They promise a check in the mail, never comes. I would expect my visa account to be credited but no, not even that. Isnt that unethical business practice? I would imagine thousands of customers in this situation with directv earning money on others unpaid refunds also. I was a customer for over 11 years!

• Mi
    Micheal Gentry Jan 12, 2008

Direct Technologies in Dallas, NC contracts for Directv and they refuse to pay me the $3000.00 owed to me for working for them. The owners Jessica Long told me I was getting my money back in October 2007 and Stacy Long her husband will not pay me. He has a criminal record for being a thief. If I had known this when I was hired then I would not have worked there. This is a low life ### company. Please avoid them totally. They will rip you off!!!! Why would Directv hire someone with a criminal theift record??

Mandi May 03, 2008

Hello! I called and cancelled years ago. Literally. (Though they claim i never cancelled, but i do remember doing so. My memory is to sound, what a photographic memory is to anything visual. Yes i am a musician... hehehe...among other things...) Anyway, i am also somewhat disabled and till just now i never knew how disabled i actually was. Recently, they figured out what was wrong with me. (After 15 years of trying) It is all treatable. It iws like someone turned on a light!!! Anyway, i have been collecting myself, and naturally taking stock of things i couldn't manage properly before.

One of those things was my finances i am ashamed to say. Things are quite different now, rather suddenly. So in the process of organizing my life and figuring things out. I come upon a monthly charge for something called DirecTV. Which i distinctly remember cancelling. I spoke to a woman, Her voice was slightly high pitch she sounded young It was not overly soft, and might be described i guess as a bit... full... Her vowels were slightly rounded. (I notice these i was a vocal performance major in college.) Anyway, she said to me, . after i said i was moving and was calling and cancelling, that there was a fee to cancel i said fine. She told me specifically that she had entered the information into the computer and that the system sometimes takes a month or 2 to properly update and said i sshould call if i get charged for that month or 2 to be refunded the money. I thanked her and thought the matter closed.

The move was difficult and as i said i was more sick than i knew. And things ultimately got over looked and fell through the cracks. I did not call about a month or 2 and part of why is because she told me it was cancelled. If i payed an extra hundred i wasn't too worried... Or even too bothered, more pressing things were taking my focus. I assumed the chapter was closed.

Well, all these years later, when i 'wake up' with the proper treatment... I find they have been billing my account for the last 2 years and 4 months! As soon as i saw that i was shocked and went digging because at first i thought it was a mistake and only happened once but as my mind is more functional i still went digging to be sure. What i found is the 2 years and 4 months. Including a price raise of something like $10 at one point. Ofcourse, the adress which the service was connected to is mine. My father has been managing it as i am presently abroad most of the time. He is at the property (a 2 family) every day to every other day. He is very close with my tenants and if any such information of a raise in price had come he would have gotten it. He would have opened it and had me call them immediately! But didn't call had no idea about any of this till i found all of it in back bank statements.

My feeling here is that i should have noticed all this a lot sooner. I am at fault for a making a major error, both of judgement on who to place my trust in. (I trusted the account was cancelled.) Also, i am responsible for not having found all this years sooner. I am not disputing my part in this nightmare. I think when one makes a mistake, one has to pay a price. I am not opposed to paying a price. I actively would find it obscene if i got all of the $1700 i payed them back. At the same time, when after a weekish of trying to reach them for a real conversation, i finally got a phone call from one of their employees who was very rude, and actively talked over me. Interrupted me, tried to put words in my mouth and even shouted at me... And refused to stop talking when i would interrupt her due to some of her statements being of questionable accuracy. Or being of no accuracy at all, her voice would raise more and she would keep going as if i weren't politely saying "excuse me... That is only half true at best..." or something to a similar affect. This call was received by me after a weekish of emails back and forth as none of the numbers i could find for them were functional (though that may be more due to my location than any fault on their end. I don't know.)

Ultimately i requested to talk to her manager who she at first refused to put me through to telling me the manager would oonly say the exact same thing on their end this is all my error. They even say through her, that i never made that initial call to cancel the account! But i am most certain that i did. I feel, either way continueing to charge someone after they cancel, or not entering the cancelation int their records are mistakes on their end. It isn't right for them to make out and keep every penny anymore than it is right due to my own fault in the situation, for me to get every penny back. No matter how you slice it, mistakes are made in this situation on both ends. What was funny to me is how she kept telling me there was no way for me to prove the adress related to the account had not over all this time been receiving service and as i never cancelled... (Which i did.) It was all legitimate but they were happy to refund me $20. I thought it assinine. My response to her was that such a position works both ways. If they want to hang on to all of the money they removed from my bank account over the last 2 years and 4 months, they would have to prove NOT that they never entered my cancellation into their system, but that i never made the call. Which ofcourse they can't do... All the same, it seems custody is half the law right there. I am open to losing half of this money. I should lose half of it for the mistakes i have made. However, paying full price for services not only not rendered to me, but even cancelled prior to all these charges over the last 2 years and 4 months, especially with the lack of notificiation of the raise in price... Seems... Not only unequitable, but bordering on criminal. I *can* however prove i made that call. I made that call in the week before i moved. It is recorded in my phone records. If they can't be more 'forgiving' of my mistakes under the circumstances with my having proof of making the call of cancelation in the same week i moved... Why should i be anymore forgiving? Maybe if they are facing criminal charges they will become a bit more willing to 'settle.' Because, i would hope to be prosecuted (Being a moral and ethical person, ) if i actually went into someone else's account every month and took either $55 or $65 dollars out each time, after the cancelation call was made. To my mind, then to not refund more than $20 of it when over $1700, was withdrawn post cancelation phone call... It becomes clear, they don't care if they have made an egregious error. They have been unwilling thus far to even discuss an equitable solution that to me is more in line with a fair split as both DirecTV and myself hold a probably a roughly equal share of blame for all the egregious errors made in this particular case. Yet they are unwilling to even hear me out. I am uncertain how to proceed. I am somewhat in a mild state of shock... I am not sure what the next step is. Though the woman i spoke to today, has stated that the supervisor will get back to me in the next 48 hours. (We will wait and see.) I am stunned and unable to ascertain how such, error should end up as a pocketed mega profit for them while i in effect get nothing back as, that money was removed from my account each month under the guise of a payment for a service which in that time was not rendered to me. Just as it was not rendered to the tenant living in my old apartment. Who do i go to next? Who do i call? What is the process? How is this legal?

Resolved customer service is a joke!

Direct Star TV
www.directstartv.com

DirecTV
www.directv.com

On June 12, 2007 I placed an online order with Direct Star Tv for a package called the Directv Plus Package which offered the following:

185+ channels

Free DVR (DVR service included)

Free HBO Showtime and Cinemax for 3 months

Get everything for just $39.99 a month for 10 months

Free installation

Up to 4 rooms installed

The installation by Directstartv was very quick and efficient and I have no complaints about the installation which I had put in 2 rooms.

The trouble started when I questioned the first charge on my credit card by Directv.

The first bill was $71.22

The second bill was $58.82

The recent bill which I have just paid is $60.92

I have called and sent emails to Customer Service but the answers I get do not make any sense. I was given the new customer credit of $10 a month for 12 months, but the extra $10 a month for 10 months is in dispute. The last email sent to me stated that I did not qualify because I purchased the equipment from a dealer who was not a participating Directv dealer - even though on the web site Direct Star Tv advertise that it is a Directv preferred online retailer.

I am also questioning the 6% Indiana Sales Tax which is applied.

On the first bill of $71.22 I was charged $6.24

On the $58.82 I was charged $3.84

On the $60.92 I was charged $5.94

I checked with the Indiana Dept of Revenue and received an email from them, telling me that sales tax would be charged on the total balance due.

I cannot get Directv to answer my questions about the original offer that I signed up for, and the discrepancy in the billing, or the sales tax issue.

Customer service is a joke - they are very nice in the emails and on the phone, but nothing gets solved, and each time I inquire, my inquiry is answered by a different person with a totally different answer.

I am now seriously considering cancelling my Directv service. I consider the whole process that I was enticed into by the online offer as a bait and switch operation.

• Sh
    Shasta Mitchell Dec 04, 2008

Well, I signed up through the Direct Star TV too! Only two weeks ago to find out that the person whom I spoke with on the phone offered me a premier package at 62.99 for 24 months that is not even a offer. so, now i am stuck with an $18 dollar credit for 12 months and $35 credit for the first three months and then the package shoots back up. This was certainly not what I was offered on the phone and not what i bargained for. Upon calling Direct tv, they sent me back to Direct Star TV that only answers the phone if you are a customer interested in purchasing and if not, they send you right back to Direct Tv who cannot help you to resolve the issue. So, they say I am stuck with the service for 2 year unless I pay out at $480 when I was told orginally that I had 60 days to make up my mind if I would like to keep the service. Unfortunately, I was scammed and will have to figure out what to do next. But one things for sure, after 2 years or finding my way out of this mess, never again with Direct TV!

incompetent customer service, can't get rebates

DIRECTV should be brought up on charges! I have found hundreds of complaints on the internet and wonder why they are still in business! DIRECTV is the worse company I have ever had to deal with!

I signed up for Directv in March 2007 and have had so many problems that I'm taking my case to a lawyer. It is now September and I've had it! They have failed to fulfill their obligations and I refuse to pay their contract termination fees! Which I was told would be $900.00! That right! $150.00 per standard receiver, $300.00 for premium equipment (DVR) and $12.50 per month of the unfulfilled contract!

I have kept notes and a call log on every problem so I could write pages of complaints but here is a summary:

I have spent an average of 3 hours a week on the phone with DIRECTV for the past 6 months, which adds up to about 80 hours. This doesn't include all the hours "on hold" or calling back after being disconnected!

I was wrongly charged for installation, per DIRECTV, but can't get a refund.
I can't get any of the rebates that were promised! My service has been terrible and they want to charge me to come out to fix it!

My DVR, which is leased so it's their equipment, didn't work and I was charged $20.00 to get a new one! I received the new DVR on 8/20/07 and on 9/17/07 found out that they had extended my contract by 6 months, claiming that my service started new with the activation of the new DVR!

Their equipment is cheap, non responsive, and the guide is so blurry that it's difficult to read (and I have a new TV, as well as, new glasses!!!) I have been charged for returned equipment and told it was because I didn't return it quickly enough! It was mailed the day after I received the Return Authorization, box, and shipping label, WHICH I HAD TO REQUEST 2 TIMES!

DIRECTV customer service is terribly rude and completely incompetent! I have been lied to and disconnected so many times I believe it's done intentionally!

I signed up for DIRECTV through Qwest and DIRECTV customer service has told me to contact Qwest with my service complaints! I was also referred to Qwest by DIRECTV's automated message system.

Qwest confirmed that DIRECTV is referring a large number of their service complaints to Qwest although Qwest has nothing to do with DIRECTV service.