Menu
Westlake Financial Services
reviews & complaints

Westlake Financial Services
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

91 complaints
21 resolved 70 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Westlake Financial Services. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:56 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Missing insurance check

Recently my vehicle was vandalized. My insurance issued a check for repairs over $3600 in my name and Westlake Financial. So I overnighted the check to them per the CSR’s instructions and was advised the company would endorse and return within 5-7 business days, and no I didn’t endorse it before sending wasn’t gonna risk that. I used my own money to have the truck repaired believing what I was told. It’s been 2 business weeks, multiple calls later, waiting and calling again, nobody there knows where my insurance check is, nobody. Yesterday I was told we will have an answer for you tomorrow. Guess what…..the answer was call back next Monday. Absolutely disgusting customer service and it’s impossible to get around them and find anyone in the actual corporate office

Desired outcome: Honor what your CSR’s are telling people. 5-7 business days have long gone past. Find MY CHECK, it’s not yours ITS MINE, MY MONEY. Find my insurance check, get it endorsed and back in my hands asap.

Westlake Financial Services - my car

I recently went through you guys to finance my first car and I am very upset, I have never had so much trouble dealing with anyone as I have with you guys , I had a double payment come out of account this month , Yes, It was on my end but it my defense i was just worried about a late payment because it took you all almost 5 days to take my car payment out after it was due , So while i tried to fix my information and make sure everything was correct like one of your employees instructed me too , I ended up making a double payment , I have called multiple times to get my refund just to hear twenty different answers that did not match up , ranging from getting it that day to 5 , well it has been a week andd now there telling me you have to wait 5-7 business days in after i got my confirmation email which was just now today . I really hope nobody has to deal with them , I called very upset multiple times and the care was not there at all . now im nervous that you all still have my money and have access to my accounts because i do not trust this place at all. you were quick to take it off as an extra payment i made .

Desired outcome: please give my refund and better customer service .

6:42 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Car loan

I was in a car accident, the next day this company towed my car for being in an accident (without telling me). My payments are current, I was never late. My insurance tried to pick up the car to fix it, westlake refused to release the vehicle until tow fees were paid, my insurance tried paying the fees but they refused to release the vehicle, they kept giving us the run around. Turns out that westlake had my vehicle auctioned the same week! This has been a nightmare. I lost my car, the insurance won't pay me because they never got an estimate on the damages, and I still owe the car!

Desired outcome: I want My Vehicle Back!! An Apology!!! I want this car loan off my credit report! I didn't tell them to take the car , I was current on all my payments!!

7:25 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My sister died on November 8, 2021. She financed a 2016 Nissan Sentra from Westlake Financial Services (WFS). After her death, my niece and I called WFS to report her death. We specifically asked rep Michelle during the call for details on the loan, payment information, etc., so the family could determine if they wanted to keep the vehicle. Rep Michelle...

B
5:44 pm

Westlake Financial Services - associate asset recovery

My name is Bonatine Smith on may 17th my truck was repoed by associate asset recovery i got my car back on May 23rd they had to use jumper cables to crank the vehicle when i got the car home and turned it off it hasnt crank since then today is May 25th i used jumper cable to crank it again the whole dash is lit up my check engine light the air suspension system light is on i called my mechanic and told him what was going on with it and he said it was the way it was towed and that all lexus suv should be towed with a dolly or flat bed the vehicle drove great before i had no problems with it because i had just had some work done to it they flat towed the truck i called them told them what was going on she said all they do is pull and park cars but they also went into a locked car and threw all my personal items into a trash bag if cant get satisfaction here then i will be getting a lawyer my number is 8432466550

Desired outcome: all i want is for my car to be fixed

9:18 am

Westlake Financial Services - Horrible financial service!

Absolutely the worst company that you can use to buy a car has to be Westlake financial they do not care about their customers at all they only care about the monthly payment. They gave me the option to pay off the remaining of my car which was 1500 and the next day which was Easter they repossessed my car which led to a lot of financial struggle. I asked if I could pay that amount in full but since they repossessed the car they said I had to pay twice that amount which was almost 14,000 it was just ridiculous I have no words to say about this company but hopefully one day they go out of business.

4:33 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Title transfer

Please look into why the title has not been sent to PA title and tags as per there request. My new jersey registration had to be renewed at a cost of 75.00. And trying to talk to some one about this matter at Westlake is like rolling dice. I have moved from New Jersey to Pennsylvania had the request done correctly by the agent and waiting for the title to be sent to them to get PA plates and Registration. I can be reached at 908-229-7917 to discuss further

T
4:51 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The contract that I have for my 2015 Honda Pilot, states the security interest secures payment for all debt owed for the vehicle. That means that I do not owe Westlake Financial anything. I also know that Westlake Financial did not loan me any money to buy my vehicle. My negotiable instrument/ promissory note is what funded the whole transaction. Every...

View 0 more photos
1:17 am

Westlake Financial Services - Gap insurance and extra warranty

Purchase a vehicle and financed trough westlake upon arriving home and reading all the papers I realized dealer had added a couple of optional things almost totaling $2000! I contacted Westlake less than 24hrs after purchase and was told to fill a couple of forms and signed them and I would get a refund of the amount since a had 90 days to cancel….. here we are 9 months later and dozens off calls and nothing! Every time I call they tell me they don’t know why my check hasn’t been sent and I should get it within the week, I’m so tired of this company, I just want what’s rightfully mine

Desired outcome: Send me my check please

3:30 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Ford fiesta

8/28/2019 Carfinances Services LLC refinanced my 2017 Ford Fiesta Sedan with Westlake Finance Services

I called on a Friday to make payment and the guy says the car was paid off by dealership. Insisted I still made a payment and check back on Monday. I did as he asked called that Monday and was told I wasn't getting my payment back and talk to dealership. Could not tell me anything and hung up on me.

This is not customer friendly they are liars, thieving, crooks and I'm sure in cahoots with all the crocked greedy, thieving dealerships for a profit. its not a good feeling to work hard for your money and even at a struggling level invest in something better even when money is tight. for this finance to take my money and allow someone to payoff my car and take it with out contacting me or allowing that to happen and insist I made a payment.

bad reviews from me and all that know me. Your company are thieves.

Desired outcome: payment friday, tricked to bring car saturday and never got car on monday. basically told fuck you from your company and dealership. This company owes me $312.73 + processing fee another cahoot rip off the people scheme.

1 comment
May 02, 2022 9:31 am

Its illegal for them to trick you into bringing your car and repossess it

Tell them youre are going to sue over that and watch them get friendly and professional

C
3:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Got a new used car three months ago, made the first two payments on time on account 17731028 and then get a letter stating my account is delinquent, the account number on the notice is 18029886, tried to talk to csr but she said I needed to make a payment and the. was talking to another adult in the room and also arguing with a child, got frustrated with...

M
10:42 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Payoff quote paid in full

Got my payoff quote paid it in full. Waiting for my title checked account they say I still owe 230 in interest. Also while I was waiting for my title I was hit with a late fee. I was under the impression I was all paid off so why charge me a freaking late fee. Bret Hankey you need to get your company fixed and stop F ing over ur customers. We aren’t in Russia man we treat people fairly here.

Desired outcome: Still waiting

W
10:02 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Not reporting my loan to credit bureau

I took a loan out for a car through Westlake financial November of last year. They haven't reported my loan to the credit bureau at all which is making it rather difficult to refinance it through someone else. The first time I talked to them they said it could take up to 30 days but they would fix it. Well, 30 days later, I called them again and now it could take as long as 60 days to fix it. I have made all my payments on time. I need this reported so I can refinance through someone else. Not to mention there interest rate is horrible, 23.99%, they won't let you pay towards the principle of the loan.

Desired outcome: I just want them to start reporting my loan. That should raise my credit score and make it possible to rediance elsewhere

View 0 more photos
8:33 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They keep sending letters and having fake police officers show up at my house. They repossed my car back in 2016-2017 filed it on my credit and for some reason it was closed on my creidt a year or so later why? I have no idea I dont work for the these pepole... I never requested anything to be removed and I was never told what happned nothing. Now they are...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is thee most harassing, demeaning, non compassionate and anti american as nancy pelosi & the vatican! All they care about is money money money profits and money. Screw thee american people and healthcare workers that were fired for standing up for our medical & civil rights! This company has been rude and demanding threatening to sell my car...

1:04 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Service lack of customer service

They are really rude especially the men and a man named Richard Paz. I don't get any help with my account I wish I never had to deal with this company! They talk at you instead of to you I can't look up my account because they're telling me I can when I'm telling them it's reading my old account and isn't letting me sign in etc... This company can use better customer service training I'm so uncomfortable when calling I'm never satisfied when having to call them every time I ask for any information it's always someone giving me a hard time for nothing very unprofessional I'll give them a negative 5 stars!

M
10:46 am

Westlake Financial Services - Automobile loan

My X husband used my credit at a shady truck dealership in Carrollton TX to buy for himself a truck. He took my information and was allowed by the salesman at the dealership to FORGE my signature. I have been fighting for OVER a year to have this vehicle removed from my credit report. I have file two police reports on this matter. No one at the bank is willing to even listen to me with out speaking over me an hanging up on me. I have made multiple attempts to speak to management. I have been told by staff at the bank that there is nothing they can do about it. I'm ready to hire an attorney to have this matter settled. This is fraud by my X husband by the dealership by the salesman and by the bank. My driver's license does not even have the same last name as was signed by my X husband.

Desired outcome: I want the vehicle removed from my credit report!!

S
5:46 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Credit reporting and refund

I paid my loan off with Westlake in 12/2021 by trading in my car and purchasing a new one. They were sent the payoff check and there was an excess of $314.92 due to me that I have been chasing down for 2 months and still have not received it. I have also asked them MULTIPLE times to update with the credit bureaus to show my account paid in full, however, still showing open. This is the WORST finance company I have ever worked with. When I traded in my car and purchased a new one - Westlake was an option for financing and I am so glad that I chose not to continue with them. I feel like customer service DOES NOT CARE and you can reach no one in a corporate role to help with the situation. I will tell EVERYONE that I know not to do business with Westlake - I would pay a 50% interest rate before ever financing with them again!

Desired outcome: My refund NOW and my credit report updated showing account paid off & closed.

2 comments
C
Mar 31, 2022 10:23 am

I am dealing with the same issue. I paid off my loan it is still showing open on my credit report.

Mar 06, 2022 12:59 pm

I agree they're are very nasty with bad attitudes no one listens just yall over you. A man named Richard Paz was so rude and disrespectful. They have yet to fix my account I can't look up my account my social doesn't exist in the computer this is the worst company to deal with I'll be glad when I don't have to deal with them ever again! Btw I'm owed 362.00 for a vehicle I paid for that was no longer in my possession and they refuse to look into it and keep telling me the dealer owed me that reimbursement which was an absolute lie. I believe some people are reading off a paper and don't know their job!

V
3:13 pm

Westlake Financial Services - Westlake repo

I'm very upset I have been dealing with a vehicle that I purchased from Buick gmc in gilroy westlake financial was th lender well my truck was always in the shop and I was diagnosed with cancer and asked for a few deferred payments I've had the loan fr over 2yrs and always payed on time well in dec I fell behind due to going on disability so west lake told me to pay my payment by the 10th of echo and I did and I payed 50 for a deferred payment in Nov well my bill isn't due till the 23rd of the month and in Jan they took my truck on the 19th after i told them i was taken the dealer to court for the false warranty and car being a lemon. I wasnt late on no payments now they say pay them 1800 and there no going to let me have my car back cause of the 14defered payments. I've never had 14 deferred payments an there pyment history dont match my bank statements I'm so upset now i have no car n am afraid I'll have no suite no more

Desired outcome: I want my truck back and I want my money I put into that truck from gmc I've never had a repo in my life the truck is a limoncello but ts mine

Hide full review

Westlake Financial Services - Good morning staff, my complaint is, where is the "title to my car"

Good morning staff,

My name is Sylvia Price my account number is#10160722, I paid my car loan off with a cashier check from Bank of America in October of 2021. I have called on four different occasions, regarding the "title" of my 2011Toyota Avalon, the poor customer service excuses i received was, the company did not have my apartment number, which I have supplied to the company on four occasions Apt#2098. This company poor customer service indicating to me, it will take 7 to 10 business days to received the title to my car.

It is now four months , help me "understand" Westlake Financial Services, when you apply for loan, dose that not required a address, I've been at the same address for six years now. Westlake Company cannot denied the cashiers check, because the company cash the check. "Where is the Title to my car" I want answers not excuses. This company should be sending me my title to Sylvia Price

770 West Lone Mountain Road Apt2098 North las Vegas , NV 89031 Please!

Desired outcome: Please send the title to my 2011 Toyota Avalon with a paid off letter to:Ms. Sylvia Price770 West Lone Mountain RoadApt 2098North Las Vegas, NV 89031

Westlake Financial Services contacts