Westlake Financial Services Logo

Westlake Financial Services

Having problems with Westlake Financial Services?

Westlake Financial Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 27, 2007. The latest review Customer Service was posted on Mar 3, 2021. The latest complaint 21 days to receive refund from insurance check was resolved on May 08, 2014. Westlake Financial Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 58 reviews. Westlake Financial Services has resolved 21 complaints.

Westlake Financial Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 619 2524 (Insurance Department)
+1 866 619 2521 (Verification Department)
+1 888 739 9192 (Westlake Loan)
4751 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100
SunClosed
Customer Care

Westlake Customer Care
P.O. Box 76809, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0809

Westlake Financial Services (Payment Mailing Address)
P.O. Box 54807, Los Angeles, CA 90054-0807

Westlake Financial Services (Payoff and Insurance-Related Payments)
P.O. Box 843082, Los Angeles, CA 90084

Westlake Financial Services (Overnight / Express Mail)
3440 Flair Drive, El Monte, CA 91731

Business Hours
Monday – Friday: 5:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 5:00 am – 2:00 pm

Westlake Financial Services Complaints & Reviews

Westlake Financial ServicesCustomer Service

If your looking to purchase a car from this Financial Institution don't, , with the current situation being right now we should be looking for companies that can offer an alternative to their customers not repo vehicles. Told customer service I was sick, , didn't matter for an account 47 days past due.. Just something to consider and think about when we are so limited

Westlake Financial ServicesUnethical behavior

Since August 2015 when I first purchased a Hyundai Elantra and financed with Westlake Financial, I have had a series of harassments including calls from unknown numbers and to friends without my consent. They did not honor the first email I sent requesting them to stop, but then stopped those calls after my second request. The car however did get repossessed, but they said I could get it back if I paid a certain amount and then the added another payment I wasn't aware of on the onset when I tried to get the car back. I had to borrow from a friend, but did get the car back. Since then, I have made about 15 on time payments in a row this year.

Most recently, I have also have been declined assistance when I inquired for help during the pandemic when it has impacted my employment. In response to my request (I called them for help in order to prevent a late payment) They said that I had a grace period of 10 days and then after that the full payment was due.

I have made on time payments now for a year and have yet to see any major impacts on my balance due to a very high (but ultimately legal in the state of california) interest rate of 24.99%. I wish I had reported the first harassing calls in [protected], but had a lot of anxiety and shame that the calls were even happening. I wish now to surrender the car, hoping to be rid of the balance and without effecting my credit. I have had such a painful time I would rather figure out how to rework my life without my car.

I would appreciate any assistance to make known the harassments and to indicate that I would appreciate any sort of assistance in closure. I have attached additional support documents with the following link.

Westlake Financial ServicesAuto loan payoff scam

I traded my vehicle in on Dec. 05, 2020. The dealership paid the car off. Payments are due on the 11th of each month. On the 12th Westlake Financial was calling for payment. Everyday since Westlake Financial calls for payment. Harassing and threatening to report bad credit. Phone calls won't stop as of the 1/01/21(today). When calling they are using local area code number and the are thousands of miles away. They are claiming that the calls are automated calls. Do not use this finance company.

Westlake Financial ServicesAuto loan

Just awful service. My car was total loss after accident. For more than 5 weeks, the insurance company could not receive the correct data for the loan payment. And then, when the loan was closed, westlake sent incorrect data to the credit bureaus with 60 days late payments and my credit score dropped by 114 points! And for 3 months now they have not been able to fix it. Support managers say different info every time, which contradicts each other. Just worst bank...

Westlake Financial ServicesCar repossessed

My name is Thaymara Concepcion name on file is Thaymara Alejandro you guys took the car never gave me.or mail me any documentation of the date of the reposetion3 and over a year after dmv keep sending me to pay taxes when i dont even own the car because you guys didn't mail.the plate to them I called you guys and asked for proof and the only
          Thing provided was a payment history which has no value for the DMV its completely unacceptable I need a solution asap!!!

Westlake Financial ServicesVehicle payoff

Paid our vehicle off 3 wks ago and we decided to sell it so we went to our local courthouse to transfer it just to be told that the bank still had a lien on it so we call them and after an hour on the phone they told us they would send an email containing the lien release form which we never got by the way nor did the courthouse receive the fax they were suppose to send so we could transfer the vehicle.This bank and their so called employees are beyond stupid.Told me it would take 48 hrs to receive the email.They had no clue what they were doing or what we were even talking about.I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.They act like they still own the truck which they do not.

Westlake Financial ServicesYour service my account. Number is [protected]

Your people have mist place to of my payments I just made a payment 11/01/2019 confirmation # [protected] and last month I sent you a check on 10/1/2019 I have to wait for my mom to get back from vacation to put a trace on it. I have not miss any payment and this is starting to piss me off so could we please do something about this. I dont want the car taken ive made my payments

Nov 06, 2019

Westlake Financial Services — Westlake financial services

Alright, so here we go... My truck was repoed a week ago by westlake after making a "deal" to prevent that...

Nov 02, 2019

Westlake Financial Services — Shady practices of customer service and breach of contractual agreement

On October 29, 2019 I called and spoke to a customer service representative. She informed me that I wa...

Westlake Financial ServicesWorst service

I understand that I was late on my payments that's nobody's else's fault but mine but after my car got repoed I spent 4 days trying to get a phone number for the repo place never got it until after I made the payment I immediately called to tell Westlake I made the payment still didn't give me the damn number, after an hour finally got the number repo place closed after having to wait to get the number. Took too long to speak to a manager about 3 ladies hanging up on me or sending me to a survey that hangs up on me, never gave me correct information about release date for my car kept saying 24-48 hours even though the repo place said it only takes 2-48hours, Westlake is a ridiculous company should not be in business, I never got to choose or even look at reviews for finance companies this one is among the worst all those people should lose their jobs.

Westlake Financial ServicesWestlake auto finance

I receive countless calls from westlake financial at all hours. My last call from them was last night after 830pm. My car is financed with them and we have arranged a deferment of my payment to be a week after its due date, however the 1st day after the due date they call me all day and all night. Then they charge me all these outlandish fees when according to our agreement I am not late so why the fees?

Westlake Financial ServicesUnauthorized phone calls, late fees and unethical behaviour

Going thru the same issues as most. If your payments are late. They seem to call people you do not speak with. Have no clue how they are getting people's numbers that i'm not associated with. This is very unprofessional and violating my privacy.
                    There seems to be frivolous late fees when payment are on time. The late fees tend to stay there for months and add up. Even after bringing it to their attention.They say it will come off but it never does.
                    I know by know my truck is paid off but with late fees and payments not calculated. I still owe close to what the car was bought for. Makes no sense.
                    I'm done with this company. Sent them a ceases and dismiss later to stop calling my job, neighbors, family, friends and me. I did not authorize West Lake to call none of these people. I feel the money is not being applied appropriately so that means they are stealing our money.

Westlake Financial ServicesA loan car since 2014

I have been paying my car for 5 years and I have one more year to pay the all balance off. I purchase the car for 13k and I have to pay 27k unbelievable. Please I advise you do not go with this company. And now I see that my blance instead of going down is increasing. They are a really fraudulent company. Run aways from Westlake Finacial Services. I feel so frustrated! Any advise please

Westlake Financial ServicesAuto loan

Chris Sybi and DIane are horrible representatives. They are unhelpful but so is the rest of the staff. The dumb company will sent you a approval and have you running around to try to find a car and deny them all. They do not respond to emails and treat people like crap. I have submitted vehicles and had dealers submit vehicles as Chris told me to do and he will not approve anything. I try to find a cheaper car bso my downpayment is affordable but he wants me to get a more expensive car so he can collect [protected] downpayment from me. Very unhelpful and Diane will not respond or answers voicemails. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AT ALL THEY ARE THE WORSE. EVEN WORSE THAN SANTANDER.

Westlake Financial ServicesRepossession of dead mothers vehicle

My mother was purchasing a vehicle approx. 2 years ago. She passed away last June and willed the vehicle to me. Every payment was made on the vehicle. I called to get (1) payment deferred and explained the situation to Westlake. They asked for me to send the Death certificate and give them 1 week to get it in the computer. I told them would make the payment if it was a problem. She said dont worry about it, and to keep in touch with them. I called 1 week later and Westlake said that I didnt have Power of Attorney, so they couldn't speak with me regarding the account. They could take any more of my money, because I wasn't on the account. I had the Power of attorney contact and send them the documents that they requested. As soon as I got off the phone with Westlake, they sent a TowTruck and Re-poed the vehicle. My 9MM pistol was in the glovebox, my childrens schoolbags were in there as well. I called back and asked the lady what I have to do to get the vehicle back, and she said she still couldn't speak with me, cause I wasn't on the account. I explained that the vehicle was in my mothers Last Will & Testament, my Pistol was in there, kids belongings were in there. I told her I have been paying the payments over the automated system for 9 months, and she still couldn't tell me anything cause I wasn't on the account. My lawyer is contacting them today. 5/21/19. These people are scammers.
                          David Creamer

• La
                              Lakerjohnny May 29, 2019

I have horrible issues with them, first I told them I was on disability and needed to refinance or defer and they asked for documentation, I sent everything they asked for and not a response back, then when I called them back they said “oh you didn’t send in the right documents, and now we can’t do it because your behind” they repossessed my vehicle and I had to pay $1, 160 to get it back and thought my loan was complete now I look at my account and it says I owe $3200 more so they send me a form to refinance I fill it out and fax it back, no response of course, then I call them and they act like they never got it, so then I resend again and they say “
                              Ohh it’s not dated, resent again with date, next “ohh we need you to write in VIN of car, do that resend and now they tell me ohh we sent you another one with the vin printed on it can you send that one back??? I’m confused, they are a horrible company and never call you back unless they want some money

Westlake Financial ServicesCustomer service

I am co signer on this loan. The car was totaled and insurance paid the majority of it and said gap should get the rest. They said to tell them that and not make payments. Well gap, too 3 months to pay, we did pay some more. Constant phone calls and harrassement when they knew the status of everything 2 x a week. They still have not notified the credit agencys of insurance payments, but you bet your arse they are reporting the late payments. Now that gap has paid, 4 months later, they don't have info on my loan, can't tell me anything, on hold for 30 min. after being disconnected 3 time. I am due a refund and of course they won't answer me. And all payments are not posted on my online acct. Stay away from this company. I will complain until I find someone who will do something.

Westlake Financial Services — Service

I paid $4700 down for a car that was sold to me illegally with false carfax information by a dealership they...

Westlake Financial Services — Illegal repossession of my pickup truck

Westlake Financial Services is far and away the most crooked lender I have ever encountered. Knowing they...

Westlake Financial Services — Didn't honor warranty their car was sold to us with.

We bought a car from a company that sold it to us with a two year warranty through THEIR FINANCIAL COMPANY...

Westlake Financial Services — My loan has been paid off over 90 days and it still shows I owe westlake money

My loan has been paid off over 90 days I have emailed Facebook messaged, called 5 times five of which I have...