Cell C / incorrect information given

1 Cnr Maxwell Dr. & Pretoria Main Rd. BuccleuchjOHANNESBURG, South Africa

I have been in contact with the call center since last year late and I have been having no joy at all with them as no one is willing to assist me nor is anyone trying to understand what my query is. All the can tell me is that I must pay up.

Please see below the email I sent through to customer care on the 4th January 2019, and still no reply or feedback given to me. I am very disappointed by their pathetic service or lack of service thereof. The whole contact center is a disgrace as I was forced to cancel my TWO contracts before their expiry date and the way they have been handling my case just tells me that I did a very good choice by requesting cancel, as it is I want nothing to do with Cell C but just my query resolved and someone there take responsibility for the false information they gave me and stop telling me I am liable for someones lack of knowledge about their own product

Please see the email I sent below :

Good day,

Trusting my email finds you well.

I am writing this email to basically indicate that I had a call coming from your offices indicating that I have an outstanding debt and needs to be settled even though I have paid the settlement amount, a settlement amount which I was given by a consultant over the phone when I called to ask how much I will need to pay in order to cancel both lines, I specifically asked for ALL AMOUNTS OVER AND ABOVE that I will be liable for, for cancelling before both contracts reach an expiry date.

Please note the following as explained below.
I had 3 lines on a contractual basis with you and after a period of time I then decided to end the other 2 lines contracts before the contractual period of expiry. Which those lines I requested are [protected] and [protected].
I made a call to the Call Center a week before I made payment and I was given those amounts, I called AGAIN on the 23rd of November 2018, id presume as I made those payments on the 24th November 2018 (SEE ATTACHED PROOF OF PAYMENTS),
I made a call to confirm the outstanding amount that needed to be paid out in order to clear ALL the contractual amounts I was supposed to pay as per my contracts with you since I was terminating the contracts before the expiry dates, I made that very clear with the consultant, and unfortunately I did not take down her name, it was a lady I spoke to. I remember I confirmed with her about 3 times if those are the ONLY amounts I will be liable for over and above. She assured me that is how much I will need to pay in order to get them cancelled.

I was however told that the outstanding amounts as I requested and needed to be settled so as to be able to cancel the contracts were R907.52 and R707.63. Therefore I made arrangement to pay these amounts as I had been advised when I made my enquiry. Between the 24th, 25th or 26th November 2018 I made a call to confirm receipt of payment and was informed that payment was received and cancellation of the contracts will be processed immediately. A few days later, I also received an sms confirming cancellation from contract to pre-paid. This therefore gave me the indication that I had settled my outstanding amounts and I will not be held contractually liable for any outstanding amounts.

However I have been receiving calls informing me that there is an outstanding amount that needs to be settled which I am not aware of and was never advised about that as per my enquiry previously and November, I NEVER GOT ANY MINUTES OR DATA, but I was surprised to see that I was invoiced in December and tried to debit my account. The last call I received from your offices was on the 28th December 2018. I eventually came to a decision of lodging a complaint with your office as I dispute the amount that is being debited and I am told I still owe after initially being told my contract has been cancelled and is paid up. My first case was logged with Noluthando and was given reference [protected] and the call recording reference number was [protected], as I requested for the call. TILL TODAY, I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL RECORDING
I cannot be held liable for any outstanding amounts as I was informed by one of YOUR employees the amount I needed to pay and was clearly advised and informed those amounts paid.

Kindly assist in settling this dispute as I cannot be held liable after being informed and assured that the payments were received and the contract was cancelled.

Been requesting to listen to my call since last year when I logged the complaint
Two consultants called me claiming to have my query resolved whereas they both tell me I owe you guys money
MIND YOU, both consultants admitted to have not listened to my call recording before calling me. What service is that!
The consultant that gave me the incorrect amounts to pay should be held liable, not me. I REFUSE

Just an FYI
This complaint is with your CEO as we speak

you guys are messing my payment profile

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 13, 2019

Dear Ms. Bhebhe

Thank you for posting to us.

Yes, we are aware that the query is with the CEO Team and they are working on it.

The team will be providing feedback on the matter.

^NS